Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:40:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 586113 times)
acoco

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:29:16 AM

What should I do with the mycelium token? Can I sell it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 01:42:54 AM

Is this wallet compromised? Read on another thread about their token sale and worthless now. Any lone recommend the best mobile wallet.

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 02:13:37 AM

Is this wallet compromised? Read on another thread about their token sale and worthless now. Any lone recommend the best mobile wallet.

No, the wallet is not compromised.

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 10:14:36 AM

I was on Telegram a few minutes ago, the SPV wallet is under development and people are testing it I believe. It should be available in the upcoming weeks probably. (We will no longer connect to Mycelium nodes anymore)
Will it be possible to choose where to connect to sync our wallet?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 12:28:48 PM

I was on Telegram a few minutes ago, the SPV wallet is under development and people are testing it I believe. It should be available in the upcoming weeks probably. (We will no longer connect to Mycelium nodes anymore)

Yes, you will be able to connect to a server just like with Electrum using an IP address and a port. There will be another app to download I believe, that app will get executed when you run Mycelium.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:32:24 PM

Yes, you will be able to connect to a server just like with Electrum using an IP address and a port. There will be another app to download I believe, that app will get executed when you run Mycelium.

Got it, I think that would be a good plus eventually.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 03:52:29 PM

While importing a key to mycelium the app crashed
Now when I open the app it doesnt let me do anything and crashes again while trying to sync

What can I do?

If i reinstall mycelium will my accounts created after the backup be lost?

And if I restore the seed in another wallet what happens?

Been digging into this and it gets very complicated for me, I see people here know what they talk about,

thanks in advance!
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 04:12:13 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2017, 04:24:17 PM by Michail1

Now when I open the app it doesnt let me do anything and crashes again while trying to sync

What can I do?

Been digging into this and it gets very complicated for me, I see people here know what they talk about,

thanks in advance!

If you have the recovery seed, it will come back with all the keys the seed has made.
If you specifically imported  pkeys that you had, then those keys would have to be reimported.
Don't be confused creating an account in mycelium with importing.

Further, you can test with another android/iphone device to test.

Also, if your phone only crashes when it tries to sync, then simply backup and export before you sync just to confirm you have a backup.

Virtual miner

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:34:19 PM

What can I do?

thanks in advance!

If you have the recovery seed, it will come back with all the keys the seed has made.
If you specifically imported  pkeys that you had, then those keys would have to be reimported.
Don't be confused creating an account in mycelium with importing.

Further, you can test with another android/iphone device to test.

Also, if your phone only crashes when it tries to sync, then simply backup and export before you sync just to confirm you have a backup.

Thank you very much!

the app on my phone crashes before I can do anything
I have mycelium installed on my tablet.
Should I uninstall it and then do a recover with the seed I have from last time?

Sorry but I am getting nervous since this is not my btc i am transferring I need some security before moving on

thanks

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 04:38:27 PM

Thank you very much!

Should I uninstall it and then do a recover with the seed I have from last time?

Sorry but I am getting nervous since this is not my btc i am transferring I need some security before moving on

thanks

If you don't have any coins or history on the wallet installed on the tablet, then use.  Recover your wallet on the tablet.

Not sure what you mean by security.  I can't offer you anything, but I also didn't request anything from you which would suggest you need security.

Simply install the wallet on a new device, restore, and there you go.  It's unlikely you 'imported' keys from your other wallet.  This is rarely ever done.

Virtual miner

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:02:14 PM

Thank you very much!

thanks

If you don't have any coins or history on the wallet installed on the tablet, then use.  Recover your wallet on the tablet.

Not sure what you mean by security.  I can't offer you anything, but I also didn't request anything from you which would suggest you need security.

Simply install the wallet on a new device, restore, and there you go.  It's unlikely you 'imported' keys from your other wallet.  This is rarely ever done.

I have about 500$ of a friends money in btc hanging somewhere because the app crashed. By security I mean, I would like to know for sure that the next step I take gives me back the money and doesnt make it dissapear again.

This is all very complicated for people who just want to use some btc. Wallets fail and we do not have (nor should have) the knowledge people have that are involved.

Anyway this is besides the point!
I am very happy you're helping me out.

The mycelium on my tablet is in use with the seed from my phone. So it has coins and history

I tried electrum and was able to enter the private key that crashed on my phone app and got the balance from that key that got stuck on my phone, but when trying to send it from electrum it says no funds. Someone found a solution to this problem exporting from electrum to another wallet (tried multibit) but that didnt work (crashes).  so by now I am dizzy ;-)

Virtual miner

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:11:19 PM

So by installing mycelium on another phone restoring the seed is the easiest solution?
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 05:12:31 PM

I have about 500$ of a friends money in btc hanging somewhere because the app crashed. By security I mean, I would like to know for sure that the next step I take gives me back the money and doesnt make it dissapear again.

This is all very complicated for people who just want to use some btc. Wallets fail and we do not have (nor should have) the knowledge people have that are involved.

Anyway this is besides the point!
I am very happy you're helping me out.

The mycelium on my tablet is in use with the seed from my phone. So it has coins and history

I tried electrum and was able to enter the private key that crashed on my phone app and got the balance from that key that got stuck on my phone, but when trying to send it from electrum it says no funds. Someone found a solution to this problem exporting from electrum to another wallet (tried multibit) but that didnt work (crashes).  so by now I am dizzy ;-)

Simply installing mycelium of another device doesn't spend any funds you have in your wallet.  If these coins are on the wallet with the seed you made a backup of, then the new device will have the ability to spend them.  Example... You can installed mycelium on 10 phones all using the same seed.  So, any one of those phones can be used to spend the funds.

You don't need to play with devices that already have wallets.  Don't risk anything.  If you have true backups, then there is no worry.  Playing with different wallet apps, etc is only causing a confusion you don't need.   Quite simply, if you have a mycelium seed for the coins you believe you have, then simply install mycelium on another device and restore the wallet.  Importing/exporting and multiple wallets is creating far more complications that you're adding into the equation that's not needed.

New device, install mycelium, restore seed, done.

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 05:12:48 PM

So by installing mycelium on another phone restoring the seed is the easiest solution?

Yup.

Virtual miner

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:25:19 PM

Yup.

Okay! I will try that as soon as i get another phone.

one last question

if I import the keys I tried to import to my phone straight to my tablet would that not resolve the issue?

Thanks for your patience
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:42:51 PM

one last question
if I import the keys I tried to import to my phone straight to my tablet would that not resolve the issue?
Thanks for your patience

By the keys you mean the seed, right? It doesn't matter where you use it (phone or tablet), It will work on both as long as the Mycelium app can run on the device.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 05:45:07 PM

one last question

Thanks for your patience

I'm not so sure you're wording it correctly.
Rarely, if ever, do people import private keys into a mycelium wallet.  There has to be an exact reason for it (like a vanity address).
You're again trying to make it more complicated than it should be.

Do you specifically remember importing a private key into your mycelium?  I've only done this a couple of times for really specific reasons.

Also, if you have a valid backup of your wallet (seed and imported keys) from the tablet, then simply reset the app to try to recover the seed you're having issues with.

Also note.... mycelium makes recommendations on backing up / verifying backups from time to time.  Have you done this?  It also lets you know if an imported key was done and warns you that it may not be a part of the backup.  Big giant RED text type stuff.

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 05:48:34 PM

By the keys you mean the seed, right? It doesn't matter where you use it (phone or tablet), It will work on both as long as the Mycelium app can run on the device.

No.  That's why I think you're confusing the process.

Your master seed is the twelve words.  From that, all HD keys are generated, etc.  There is no need to 'import' or 'export' any keys.

So, when you said you imported, it means you had a real specific reason to import an address (like a vanity address).  A standard person playing with a wallet should not be importing keys nor exporting them without specific reasons.

The master seed of 12 words give you billions of addresses.  Why trying to import or export more?   Smiley

You're welcome to private chat with me to get this resolved instead of chatter in this thread.

Virtual miner

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:27:35 PM

one last question

Thanks for your patience

I'm not so sure you're wording it correctly.
Rarely, if ever, do people import private keys into a mycelium wallet.  There has to be an exact reason for it (like a vanity address).
You're again trying to make it more complicated than it should be.

Do you specifically remember importing a private key into your mycelium?  I've only done this a couple of times for really specific reasons.

Also, if you have a valid backup of your wallet (seed and imported keys) from the tablet, then simply reset the app to try to recover the seed you're having issues with.

Also note.... mycelium makes recommendations on backing up / verifying backups from time to time.  Have you done this?  It also lets you know if an imported key was done and warns you that it may not be a part of the backup.  Big giant RED text type stuff.

I was IMPORTING keys when this happened, not restoring.

The original machine with the bitcoin core dat file is broken. I cannot access the backup.
But I do have the keys of the addresses from that machine.
These are the keys I tried to IMPORT in mycelium since they still have btc coming and a sweep would not do it. Thats what I thought anyway.

So that is the reason i need to import the keys since the dat file is lost.
Virtual miner

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:29:13 PM

And the idea was that when I was finished I would make the backup for mycelium but then it crashed
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: