Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:17:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 586114 times)
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 05:34:30 PM

this wallet has ALOT more features on the android version than the ios version, for that reason im currently using bither.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hugroll

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:58:52 PM

this wallet has ALOT more features on the android version than the ios version, for that reason im currently using bither.

I'm not talking about features. I'm saying the wallet isn't working. His transaction history shows over 20 confirmations now but his available balance is at 0 and he can't spend the btc. Mycelium shouldn't be letting this apple version use their name, it's gonna mess up their rep.
For me, on the iOS wallet the transactions appear after like 5 confirmations on the blockchain, they show up late but they DO show up. Maybe they showed up for your friend by now too?
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 03:09:50 AM

Anyone having issues with the iphone version of mycelium? I use the android version. But I know a guy with the iphone version who loaded bitcoins to his wallet and has a zero balance showing even tho the coins show several confirmations in his transaction history. So the coins show as confirmed but he can't spend them. I found a reddit thread about how the iphone version is totally different, made by different devs and generally crappy. Any tips for this guy on how to access his btc?

Here's the reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/36ke99/mycelium_iphone_vs_android/

EDIT: If this issue is not resolved, is there a way to export the private keys from his wallet and spend the btc from another wallet?

You can export the master seed, and use that to generate the private keys.

Putting the 12 word seed into https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/ should get you the keys you need. You might want to load the page, then disconnect from the Internet if you're worried about the page somehow stealing your seed. Or even copy the page to a USB memory stick and load it on an entirely offline machine, depending on how safe you want to be.

You should see the receiving addresses shown by mycelium under 'derived addresses' on the BIP44 tab once you've entered the 12 word seed. If not, try changing the account number to 1 or 2. And if you change the 'external / internal' from 0 to 1, you'll see the change addresses instead of the receiving addresses for that account.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
syndria

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 11:36:22 AM

How to see old addresses?
Hugroll

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:21:02 PM

Anyone having issues with the iphone version of mycelium? I use the android version. But I know a guy with the iphone version who loaded bitcoins to his wallet and has a zero balance showing even tho the coins show several confirmations in his transaction history. So the coins show as confirmed but he can't spend them. I found a reddit thread about how the iphone version is totally different, made by different devs and generally crappy. Any tips for this guy on how to access his btc?

Here's the reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/36ke99/mycelium_iphone_vs_android/

EDIT: If this issue is not resolved, is there a way to export the private keys from his wallet and spend the btc from another wallet?

You can export the master seed, and use that to generate the private keys.

Putting the 12 word seed into https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/ should get you the keys you need. You might want to load the page, then disconnect from the Internet if you're worried about the page somehow stealing your seed. Or even copy the page to a USB memory stick and load it on an entirely offline machine, depending on how safe you want to be.

You should see the receiving addresses shown by mycelium under 'derived addresses' on the BIP44 tab once you've entered the 12 word seed. If not, try changing the account number to 1 or 2. And if you change the 'external / internal' from 0 to 1, you'll see the change addresses instead of the receiving addresses for that account.
is that only compatible for mycelium phrases or can i use other hd accounts phrases as well?
and do you happen to know how to get multiple private keys for a wallet if i have the extended private key (xpriv).
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:07:29 PM

is that only compatible for mycelium phrases or can i use other hd accounts phrases as well?
and do you happen to know how to get multiple private keys for a wallet if i have the extended private key (xpriv).

It works with any wallet that uses BIP39 seeds, and BIP32 derivation.

Mycelium uses "m/44'/0'/x'/y" as its BIP32 derivation path, where x is the account number (starting for 0 for account 1, 1 for account 2, etc.) and y is 0 for receiving addresses and 1 for change addresses.

Other wallets use different strings.

You can use the BIP32 tab at https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/ to enter any BIP32 derivation path you like. If you put m/44'/0'/0'/0 in there, then you'll see the Mycelium receiving addresses for account 0 (what Mycelium calls "account 1"). Apparently hive wallet uses "m/0'/0", and other wallets presumably use their own version. You can play about with the BIP32 derivation path field until you see your receiving address being generated.

I don't know any easy way of generating the keys from an xpriv - it would be nice if https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/ allowed us to edit the xprv field ourselves. I'll look into making that change.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Hugroll

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:24:27 PM

It works with any wallet that uses BIP39 seeds, and BIP32 derivation.

Mycelium uses "m/44'/0'/x'/y" as its BIP32 derivation path, where x is the account number (starting for 0 for account 1, 1 for account 2, etc.) and y is 0 for receiving addresses and 1 for change addresses.

Other wallets use different strings.

You can use the BIP32 tab at https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/ to enter any BIP32 derivation path you like. If you put m/44'/0'/0'/0 in there, then you'll see the Mycelium receiving addresses for account 0 (what Mycelium calls "account 1"). Apparently hive wallet uses "m/0'/0", and other wallets presumably use their own version. You can play about with the BIP32 derivation path field until you see your receiving address being generated.

I don't know any easy way of generating the keys from an xpriv - it would be nice if https://dcpos.github.io/bip39/ allowed us to edit the xprv field ourselves. I'll look into making that change.
Thanks for explaining the derivation paths  Cheesy makes alot more sense now. i tried it with mycelium wallet and it worked like a charm.
This site deserves more attention.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:49:47 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2015, 02:53:54 AM by dooglus

do you happen to know how to get multiple private keys for a wallet if i have the extended private key (xpriv).

Try this:

https://dooglus.github.io/bip39/

I made the xprv field editable. I can't promise it works right, and the error handling isn't good at all. Click 'generate' then edit the xprv, and it won't tell you the value is invalid, it will just say "calculating" forever. But paste in a valid xprv code and it seems to work.

Edit: I made a pull request in the dcpos repository for this change to be merged into his site too: https://github.com/dcpos/bip39/pull/16

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Hugroll

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:56:54 PM

do you happen to know how to get multiple private keys for a wallet if i have the extended private key (xpriv).

Try this:

https://dooglus.github.io/bip39/

I made the xprv field editable. I can't promise it works right, and the error handling isn't good at all. Click 'generate' then edit the xprv, and it won't tell you the value is invalid, it will just say "calculating" forever. But paste in a valid xprv code and it seems to work.
it seems to have worked it gave me the private keys, going to try sending some bits to one of the  address shown on your site and see if they show up on my HD wallet.
o btw the derivation path shows as m/44'/0'/0'/0/y where y is the only number changing, i guess that makes sense cuz its 1 wallet.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 02:48:15 AM

it seems to have worked it gave me the private keys, going to try sending some bits to one of the  address shown on your site and see if they show up on my HD wallet.
o btw the derivation path shows as m/44'/0'/0'/0/y where y is the only number changing, i guess that makes sense cuz its 1 wallet.

You could check that the addresses the webpage shows match the receiving addresses shown in your wallet app. That way you don't need to risk any funds.

I guess if the bits don't arrive in your wallet you can always just import the corresponding private key into bitcoin-core or some such to retrieve those bits.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Hugroll

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 03:11:32 AM

You could check that the addresses the webpage shows match the receiving addresses shown in your wallet app. That way you don't need to risk any funds.

I guess if the bits don't arrive in your wallet you can always just import the corresponding private key into bitcoin-core or some such to retrieve those bits.
I tried sending some bits to a couple of the addresses on the list and they didn't show up on my wallet. idk its pretty weird cuz the list shows like atleast 200 addresses when in the wallet ive only created like 3. i dont really know HD wallets work, anyways thanks for your help.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 03:31:38 AM

I tried sending some bits to a couple of the addresses on the list and they didn't show up on my wallet. idk its pretty weird cuz the list shows like atleast 200 addresses when in the wallet ive only created like 3. i dont really know HD wallets work, anyways thanks for your help.

Oh, well the list is infinite... You can keep generating addresses forever.

The way it works is that your wallet generates the addresses in order, and looks them up one at a time on the blockchain. When it finds N in a row that have never been used, it stops looking. N is probably 5 or 10 or some small number like that.

So if you funded the 100th address, your wallet won't have bothered looking that far ahead.

I made a change to https://dooglus.github.io/bip39/ so it will let you know if the xprv key you enter is invalid, rather than just saying "Calculating" forever.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 11:25:48 AM

Will you add support for other currencies than USD on coinapult? (Ex: EUR...)
Now that the 2.5.0 is out, are you thinking about adding other supported currencies on Coinapult?

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:17:28 PM

Feature request: Under Settings -> Currency, can we get "None". Sometimes I do not want/need the exchange rate displayed.

yes, this is planned for the next version. you will be able to select any number of fiat currencies, including 0.

I know work has been done on this since the above, but I still would like a currency option "none". That way I could cycle through USD, EUR, "none", depending on the situation. I realise I could go in the settings and remove the ticks, but it is rather tedious.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 01:42:38 AM

Now that the 2.5.0 is out, are you thinking about adding other supported currencies on Coinapult?

That would be up to Coinapult to add. We'll implement it whenever they're ready. In the mean time we have something else much bigger in store...
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 07:05:12 PM

That would be up to Coinapult to add. We'll implement it whenever they're ready. In the mean time we have something else much bigger in store...

Sounds interesting, care to share some more information?
weisthor

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:11:05 PM

can anyone tell me how i can change my local currency from USD tu Euro while using localtrader?

i have created a trade in germany and want to sell bitcoins for Euros, but i can't change the USD button to any other currency.

i am using the mycelium app with an android emulator (bluestacks) on my computer
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:24:12 PM

can anyone tell me how i can change my local currency from USD tu Euro while using localtrader?

i have created a trade in germany and want to sell bitcoins for Euros, but i can't change the USD button to any other currency.

i am using the mycelium app with an android emulator (bluestacks) on my computer

Have you selected EUR as a currency in "Settings" for "Local currency"?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
weisthor

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:09:43 PM

thank you very much for your quick reply.
after finding out how the settings button on a smartphone display looks like (i never used a smartphone before), i also found and changed the currency settings.
i just oversaw the option button...
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 09:46:12 PM

Be careful using bluestacks, it can be very unstable. Make sure you have a backup of your phrase before you start receiving bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: