Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:11:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 586154 times)
madonnino

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:51:48 AM

there is the possibility ' to have push notifications when you receive bitcoin in your wallet ? i can't see this on settings...

That will be a nice feature but at present there is nothing like that in the wallet itself. You'll have to make use of a third party service for such notifications.

I am also interested in notifications in the app mycelium, which third party service can i use ?

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 08:16:07 PM

I think the wallet has a serious bug. A user who wanted to use my service sent me an address from his mycelium. After i sent he claimed nothing reached. I checked my target address and it was the one he gave me. I asked him if he gave me a wrong one. He checked and it was a different one.

After trying out things a bit he found that when he is copying his address and sending me through Whatsapp then it sends fine, but when he goes on sharing his address then mycelium is sending a random? other address that doesnt seem to belong to the wallet.

So i sent 30€ to a dead address now.

Everytime he repeats sharing he gets the same problem. His version is 2.4.3.

So is anyone accountable for errors like that or is that simply bad luck when you use it?

What happened? Is the code checked so that its no inbuilt scam? The user claims he downloaded the version from google appstore.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
blossbloss

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 11:57:12 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2015, 12:10:23 AM by blossbloss

Odd thing happened yesterday. I bought some BTC at nearby ATM into my Mycelium wallet.  An hour went by and the wallet still showed no confirmations.  However, when I checked blockchain.info, they showed that there were 2 confirmations.  Later on (I don't remember how much later it was, the green text on the main screen was still showing (indicating no confirmations yet), but my balance was updated to include the BTC I had bought earlier.

I just checked today, and the the number of confirmations matches what is on blockchain.info. [EDIT and the green text is gone.]

This kind of behavior has never happened before. Mycelium has always been precisely correct. Any ideas what may have happened yesterday?
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 12:53:45 AM

I have 2.4.3 as well, and use sharing regularly. I got to the 'balance' tab, tap 'receive', scroll down, tap 'share bitcoin address', select 'gmail', type my email address, and click the triangle icon in the top right to send the email. It has never sent me the wrong address.

Is it possible you're being scammed?

Either way, I can't imagine you are liable for anything. You sent coins to the address you were given.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 10:00:21 AM

there is the possibility ' to have push notifications when you receive bitcoin in your wallet ? i can't see this on settings...

That will be a nice feature but at present there is nothing like that in the wallet itself. You'll have to make use of a third party service for such notifications.

I am also interested in notifications in the app mycelium, which third party service can i use ?

Not sure, have not made use of any myself. Does BlockChain.info not provide such a kind of service where it emails you if one of your addresses receives a payment? I'm sure it does. You can setup a wallet there and then add your public addresses as watch only addresses (no private keys).

Above is however not ideal when working with HD wallets as the wallet will keep on using new receiving addresses. So above will only really work if you use the same addresses for receiving coins.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 10:35:38 AM

Not sure, have not made use of any myself. Does BlockChain.info not provide such a kind of service where it emails you if one of your addresses receives a payment? I'm sure it does. You can setup a wallet there and then add your public addresses as watch only addresses (no private keys).

Above is however not ideal when working with HD wallets as the wallet will keep on using new receiving addresses. So above will only really work if you use the same addresses for receiving coins.

https://blockchain.info/wallet/payment-notifications

Blockchain.info notifies via SMS, Google Talk, Skype, HTTP Post or email.

Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 10:58:53 AM

@Jan:

How far are you guys from releasing Mycelium bitcoin card.
The product look great, really something I would like to buy.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 05:16:09 PM

I have 2.4.3 as well, and use sharing regularly. I got to the 'balance' tab, tap 'receive', scroll down, tap 'share bitcoin address', select 'gmail', type my email address, and click the triangle icon in the top right to send the email. It has never sent me the wrong address.

Is it possible you're being scammed?

Either way, I can't imagine you are liable for anything. You sent coins to the address you were given.

Thanks for testing it out. Im not sure what happened but he is surely not trying to scam. He claims he got the version from android store so it should not be hacked.

Can you try if it works when sharing with WhatsApp?

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 05:18:53 PM

Im not sure what you mean with third party services but i use http://bitcoinmonitor.net/ since some time. I let it trigger for 0 confirmations and let it send out an email to me. In thunderbird i sat a filter that plays a soundfile once an email reaches from them.

I dont know if that is of any use for you.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 07:02:56 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2015, 07:13:16 PM by dooglus

I don't seem to be able to install WhatsApp. Maybe because my tablet has no phone number? I'm not sure.

Edit: that's exactly the reason. An app which aims to give you free calls and text messages requires that you pay for a call and text messaging service? Seems kinda silly:

NO ADDITIONAL FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to message and call friends and family, so you don’t have to pay for every message or call.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 08:37:57 PM

I don't seem to be able to install WhatsApp. Maybe because my tablet has no phone number? I'm not sure.

Edit: that's exactly the reason. An app which aims to give you free calls and text messages requires that you pay for a call and text messaging service? Seems kinda silly:

NO ADDITIONAL FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to message and call friends and family, so you don’t have to pay for every message or call.

They mean you can call by voip and the messages are sent over the phones internet.

They were completely free until they became so widely used that they decided to charge, i believe 0.12$ per year, after the first year. I wasnt charged anything yet, i dont know why. But since practically everyone has it installed it would make sense. Its pretty useful not having to use sms.

Maybe someone has whatsapp installed and can test it?

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 10:04:55 PM

They mean you can call by voip and the messages are sent over the phones internet.

I get it. But it doesn't make any sense to require that I have a carrier set up. I use wi-fi only on my tablet and can Skype using it just fine.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 10:43:46 PM

I get it. But it doesn't make any sense to require that I have a carrier set up. I use wi-fi only on my tablet and can Skype using it just fine.

Oh you mean that. The thing is that they identify users by their phone number. When you add a new user in your address book then whatsapp automatically checks if he has whatsapp installed. If so you can chat with him and he shows up in your list. So its part of the usefulness that it sets on phone numbers. Im not sure if they could raise their market share by allowing users that dont have a phone number.

cetus

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:21:30 AM

Why do you want to test it with WhatsApp if the user claims it sends fine?  It just sounds like a coincidence.

Mycelium is an HD wallet so it can generate different addresses for the same HD account, the aim being to use each address only once for privacy reasons.  It may be hard to tell which addresses belong to which account.

If there are several accounts/wallets, they can be shown together or separately.  If the setting in the app is to show them separately (it's an advanced feature), and the selected account is not the one where the address was generated, the app will not show any incoming bitcoins on the Balance or Transactions tabs.  However, regardless of this setting, all accounts and their balances are listed on the Accounts tab.

Has your transaction been confirmed?

There may be various explanations why your party doesn't see your bitcoins, the least likely of which is a malfunction in the Mycelium wallet.  More information is needed to investigate this; at least, the address you sent the money to, to begin with.  If you don't feel comfortable sharing it here, perhaps consider writing to Mycelium support.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 12:46:25 AM

Why do you want to test it with WhatsApp if the user claims it sends fine?  It just sounds like a coincidence.

Mycelium is an HD wallet so it can generate different addresses for the same HD account, the aim being to use each address only once for privacy reasons.  It may be hard to tell which addresses belong to which account.

If there are several accounts/wallets, they can be shown together or separately.  If the setting in the app is to show them separately (it's an advanced feature), and the selected account is not the one where the address was generated, the app will not show any incoming bitcoins on the Balance or Transactions tabs.  However, regardless of this setting, all accounts and their balances are listed on the Accounts tab.

Has your transaction been confirmed?

There may be various explanations why your party doesn't see your bitcoins, the least likely of which is a malfunction in the Mycelium wallet.  More information is needed to investigate this; at least, the address you sent the money to, to begin with.  If you don't feel comfortable sharing it here, perhaps consider writing to Mycelium support.

dooglus tested it with an email app. The one that had the problems used whatsapp to share the address. So i wonder if the problem might be in that combination. I mean the one that has the problems claims its a repeatable thing.

I dont think it makes much sense to share an address when mycelium then actually shares a different address. And the address doesnt belong to the wallet. No coins came in there.

I didnt hear about different accounts, ill ask him, though when you say all balances should show up then its probably not the problem since nothing showed up.

The transaction was confirmed, yes.

The address is https://blockchain.info/address/1AzDd8rEGZfE22bXhPhpeF9Bi9uQFEUvsT though i see now outgoing transactions. I need to ask him if he took it out but i doubt it since he would have informed me. I will ask him anyway. The 2 transactions were to test if the address works, the third was mine. The next two are unknown to me as of yet. Maybe everything was cleared and he really didnt tell me? Ill ask him.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 12:52:19 AM

Roll Eyes Seems he really didnt tell me about that he got both finally. He doesnt know how it happened and i cant tell since im not with him. He only claimed it wasnt the address he wanted to share. Maybe mycelium is creating a new address once an address is shared?

Anyway... sorry for the trouble, i had to use informations i could not check.

trasla

Activity: 707

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:26:17 AM

Hey, glad it worked out.
If you have something worrying like this, its probably better to send a mail to info@mycelium.com, I only check in here every once in a while.
Mycelium does not create new addresses just when sharing, but as you mentioned test transactions: When receiving coins, the current receiving address changes. So if he shared an address, then sent a test transaction, then went to share receiving address again, he got a new, unused receiving address on the second attempt.
trasla

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:27:30 AM

I have recently installed mycelium on my phone, but am having some issues regarding privacy. I want to restore my old wallet, but before I do I want to enable syncing the wallet via tor. This is not possible AFAIK.

I tried doing a workaround by creating a new wallet, enabling tor and then restoring my backup, but I cannot find any way to restore a backup after I have created a new wallet.

Yes, its a bit unfortunate at the moment.
Best workaround:
Disable devices internet connection.
Restore backup.
Set settings to use tor.
Enable devices internet connection.
Synchronize.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 10:30:00 AM

Hey, glad it worked out.
If you have something worrying like this, its probably better to send a mail to info@mycelium.com, I only check in here every once in a while.
Mycelium does not create new addresses just when sharing, but as you mentioned test transactions: When receiving coins, the current receiving address changes. So if he shared an address, then sent a test transaction, then went to share receiving address again, he got a new, unused receiving address on the second attempt.

Ok, sounds like it might give headaches for others in the future too. But ill ask you directly next time. Its often the case that threads are monitored faster than the normal support working.

But ill do, now that i know. Wink

trasla

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:30:48 AM

Odd thing happened yesterday. I bought some BTC at nearby ATM into my Mycelium wallet.  An hour went by and the wallet still showed no confirmations.  However, when I checked blockchain.info, they showed that there were 2 confirmations.  Later on (I don't remember how much later it was, the green text on the main screen was still showing (indicating no confirmations yet), but my balance was updated to include the BTC I had bought earlier.

I just checked today, and the the number of confirmations matches what is on blockchain.info. [EDIT and the green text is gone.]

This kind of behavior has never happened before. Mycelium has always been precisely correct. Any ideas what may have happened yesterday?

The bitcoind on one of our nodes lost all connections, and at that very time Daniel and I were not near a computer, so it took as a moment to restart the service. During that time, if your phone was unfortunate enogh to randomly select that server to ask for balances, answers were lagging behind a couple of blocks. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: