Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:04:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook against bitcoin?  (Read 3742 times)
Brothersav

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:56:07 PM

Because they believe that Facebook prohibits bitcoin and ICos and other cryptocurrency
The new Facebook policy will not allow announcements of known digital currency exchanges or initial offers of currencies.
Is it to avoid fraud or false advertising? That's why?

Fraud or false advertising?  Cheesy How about Russian fake news meddling in the US election? Facebook's banned ICO advertising because they're shit scared. They don't want their users partaking in something that threatens Facebook's existence. Take STEEM for example, STEEM is going to do what Facebook did to Myspace.

yareklamator

Activity: 154

Magic is real

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:58:59 PM

What nonsense you are talking about now.
It is forbidden to advertise ICOs, it is forbidden to encourage people to invest their money in everything that they see. A beautiful picture that attracts attention and gives chance to scammers to catch in their schemes a lot of people. All. It's all. Do not invent what is not.
mangkanor

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:06:58 PM

Because they believe that Facebook prohibits bitcoin and ICos and other cryptocurrency
The new Facebook policy will not allow announcements of known digital currency exchanges or initial offers of currencies.
Facebook only restricted ICOs from joining their paid advertising program,but it doesnt mean that you cant post,share,link in facebook's timeline you could still use the facebook as usual and the only people who will be affected by this restriction would be the people who are paying facebook in their advetising program.

Flamebellow

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

www.codex.one

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:08:55 PM

Officially Facebook is against a fraud , but for me it looks funny , because there are A LOT of outright fraud advertising on a facebook and crypto is not the worst of them . I guess it could be government/political/financial system pressure on crypto , because we know how centralized facebook is .

patispace

Activity: 183
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:48:40 PM

Personally, it seems an appropriate measure, since Facebook is provided an ideal platform that many abusers are using to obtain unearned profits thanks to their fraudulent activities. In fact I think Facebook should go even further and cancel the countless groups dedicated to the issue of investments in cryptocurrencies to stop once and for all all the illicit activities that take place there and that only discredit bitcoin.
Fergal Rodriguez

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:37:57 AM

Facebook is banning all advertisements for cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin and initial coin offerings, as part of an “intentionally broad” policy against deceptive marketers. Product management director Rob Leathern explained the decision in a blog post, saying Facebook will no longer accept ads that “promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.” He says the decision isn’t permanent, though, and that Facebook will revisit the rules when it’s gotten better at detecting and removing bad ads.
“We want people to continue to discover and learn about new products and services through Facebook ads without fear of scams or deception. That said, there are many companies who are advertising binary options, ICOs, and cryptocurrencies that are not currently operating in good faith. This policy is intentionally broad while we work to better detect deceptive and misleading advertising practices, and enforcement will begin to ramp up” across Facebook, Instagram, and its off-platform Audience Network, writes Leathern. “We will revisit this policy and how we enforce it as our signals improve.”
jelly19

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:03:13 AM

Yes it could be. But suddenly I doubt that they're going to release their own cryptocurrency  Roll Eyes However, currently people just claim that Facebook team just want to prohibit sensitive or potentially harmful advertisements.
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 09:36:53 AM

I do not think that Facebook is against bitcoin.
a lot of spam on the topic of buying crypto + scammers
kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:13:04 AM

It's a simple security measure, the devs at Facebook know that there are many scammers around and they would use any means possible to scam people, they don't want it happening on their platform. I think it's the right thing to do.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:22:31 AM

Who said Facebook not promotin ico promotion of it really Facebook banned then they are postin ico ads without ethics . Still I am getting advertisements regarding ico in my Facebook wall.
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:33:40 AM

One day, if facebook creates its own coin, I would not be surprised. They are involving in many projects, why not cryptocurrency?
alexzorgo

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:25:34 PM

I think there are hidden reasons for the ban on mass advertising ICO and cryptocurrency. Moreover, it coincides with Mark's statement about the investigation of the blockchain by Facebook developers and the possible release of its own cryptocurrency for the Facebook ecosystem. It is possible that by the time of issuing its own cryptocurrency, Facebook users did not associate ICO ads with  mass spam.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:08:00 PM

Facebook just wants to protect it's users against deceptive marketers/sellers or scammers.  Not only that they are banning crypto but they're also banning other markets as well.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:11:40 PM

They won't allow advertisment doesn't mean you can't share or announce ICO in your page. Facebook is very small percentage of advertisment, there are other platforms that work much better to promote cryptocurrency. say twitter for example. I think it's a bad move by them and it'll only destroy their own revenue stream.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
VanKleiss

Activity: 231

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:48:53 PM

They will not advertise ICO in their facebook site but you can freely post it. Facebook only prohibit  a paid advertisement where you can see the ads from time to time, bitcoin is not included in the ban.
D-Fault

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:58:30 PM

Facebook just wants to protect it's users against deceptive marketers/sellers or scammers.  Not only that they are banning crypto but they're also banning other markets as well.

True that. And they have some sense with that actions.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:08:46 PM

Currently I haven't seen any restrictions on sharing and liking cryptocurrency project on my timeline! I still get many cryptocurrency advert on my feed and believe it or not these share and like is more effective than any advert I have seen on facebook.
yes that's right same here I still see different crypto currency advertisement in facebook even ICO, that's why until now I'm wondering if that banning  issue on facebook is true,  even facebook groups such as related on bitcoin they still exist and i saw some of people there always spreading referrals from different site until now .  So perhaps facebook banning crypto is fake IMO.
paolma

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:42:53 PM

Facebook banning to advertise cryptocurrencies on their site? Thanks for the mighty cookie policy i always get crypto related ads still.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:48:17 PM

They are not against crypto, they are against people getting scammed through crypto ads on their platform.
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:53:07 PM

If we speak frankly, it is clear that Mark was simply scared that his social network became a platform for propaganda crypto-currency, I think that if there is a financial crisis due to this, he simply decided not to be guilty.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: