Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:51:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook against bitcoin?  (Read 3742 times)
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:51:43 PM

Because they believe that Facebook prohibits bitcoin and ICos and other cryptocurrency
The new Facebook policy will not allow announcements of known digital currency exchanges or initial offers of currencies.
Is it to avoid fraud or false advertising? That's why?
This news that Facebook will be banning bitcoin and cryptocurrency related ads are going now for months but i could still see some ICO advertisements in my Facebook newsfeed. I think the said ban is not effective.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:39:26 AM

They are not against crypto, they are against people getting scammed through crypto ads on their platform.
You know people are always fund of reading a lot of meaning into things. Some will not even read the content, once they see the headline; they just go around passing different information and twisting it to be how Facebook banned everything. I am not surprised as you cannot always have people who are smart and reasonable all the time, some will just prefer to show the other side of themselves and embarrass themselves the more.

Facebook ad policies updated. Facebook has decided to ban some content for crypto money trading and ICO recommendations. Facebook has detected fraud-based crypto money and ICO ads.
Just as simple as that and some people will end up picking some level of anxiety over nothing. We all know how the crypto space has been bombarded by scammers and ICOs being their main target. Even on this forum, everyone knows that already. Facebook has no means of filtering adverts to know which one is a scam ICO or not, and they had to update their policies.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:46:11 AM

They are not against crypto, they are against people getting scammed through crypto ads on their platform.
You know people are always fund of reading a lot of meaning into things. Some will not even read the content, once they see the headline; they just go around passing different information and twisting it to be how Facebook banned everything. I am not surprised as you cannot always have people who are smart and reasonable all the time, some will just prefer to show the other side of themselves and embarrass themselves the more.

Facebook ad policies updated. Facebook has decided to ban some content for crypto money trading and ICO recommendations. Facebook has detected fraud-based crypto money and ICO ads.
Just as simple as that and some people will end up picking some level of anxiety over nothing. We all know how the crypto space has been bombarded by scammers and ICOs being their main target. Even on this forum, everyone knows that already. Facebook has no means of filtering adverts to know which one is a scam ICO or not, and they had to update their policies.
We can still see a lots of advertisement in Facebook, there's nothing wrong with facebook is a goon platform to spread their ideas and to acquaires people interest. It can be helpful to facebook as well in many ICO. But we still need to make a throughly research on it.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
torotot

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:52:58 AM

The prerequisite of facebook with regards to banned the advertisement is unknown now but I guess there is a better idea of Mark with this issue. Maybe the point here Mark wants to avoid to add new victims of scam ICOs because the more advertisements in facebook come the more victims also.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:04:34 AM

Because they believe that Facebook prohibits bitcoin and ICos and other cryptocurrency
The new Facebook policy will not allow announcements of known digital currency exchanges or initial offers of currencies.

I think Facebook has become bloated and complacent not to mention over bearing in their moderation and unsual policies of what is and isn't acceptable. I think this will eventually speed up the demise of the platform which is only really useful on occasion. Seeing as I am still getting suggested content from Facebook on a daily basis  featuring crypto and ICOs, I would suggest they simply want to monetise the promotion of crypto on their website and only ban the user feed stuff that isn't paying.  Smiley

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
GerardDurwin

Activity: 118

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:15:41 AM

and also i think they are against bit coin or any other crypto currency because of the following reasons:-

1-The are building a coin of their own and they want that coin to be advertise all over FB

2-They want people to be safe from the scam coins

3-Thier is to much cryto pollution on fb
Nachoo

Activity: 194

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 08:34:49 AM

They'll probably launch their own ICO sooner or later, like Pavel Durov with his newborn TON.
Doing this, they'll avoid people getting scammed on their platform and will gain a lot more
Gustafio

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:53:21 AM

It doesn't mean that Facebook are against cryptocurrencies,it means they doesn't want to promote scam projects because many ICOs are turned into scams after they earned the money as they wanted,But I don't think Facebook is against to it they just want to keep their reputation by not promoting false projects.

My personal opinion from previous experience is that the ICO-ads on facebook are mostly scams, constructed to fool those who have little knowledge in crypto. So i think the fact that they ban crypto-ads is good in a sense, because Facebook is not able to monitor/control and check which crypto's that is marketing through Facebook are legit or not.
PaxtonFabian

Activity: 128

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:12:13 AM

I believe Facebook is building their own coin and they want to advertise that coin on their fb so that's why they banned BTC and also they want to save people from scam coins
Adil Amim

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:29:13 PM

Recently there was a news which says that Facebook is against bitcoin but in reality it was just a misleading news to manipulate the market price. The fact is that facebook has implemented a new rule that banned all advertisements that promote crpytocurrencies including Bitcoin and this is to protect people from scam projects, as there are too many ICO out of which some is not genuine.
JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:57:46 PM

Facebook is currently banned from promoting ICOs for fear that its lending model, ponzi, intended to make bad investments would have a negative impact on those who do not have the knowledge of cryptocurrencies invest into this market. Because most of the lending models tend to use Facebook advertising.

goaldigger

Activity: 2394
Merit: 357

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:24:12 PM

If facebook is against bitcoin then why there are those campaigns using facebook ? I think they are not prohibiting cryptos and ICOs but rather limiting it because of the increasing number of scams. They are also a news spreading that facebook will launch their own coin or ICO. Its a better way of promoting though. I understand that they are doing this. It is just to protect us from scams.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
GideonGono

Activity: 2058
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 08:17:03 AM

Technically I'm not aware of this facebook is against bitcoin cause some rumors said that bitcoin will cooperate with facebook. Basically to advertise each it's win-win situation though , bitcoin will pay facebook and facebook will advertise bitcoin. And here some link that I wanted to show you I hope it help , feel free to look.

Link: https://news.bitcoin.com/facebooks-mark-zuckerberg-resolution-give-people-the-power-via-cryptocurrency/

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
cryptonoel

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:31:26 AM

I think Facebook opts to ban paid ads especially those focusing on ICOs investments , because people have experienced enough such scams & fraudulent projects .
I think is a good idea to really stop to promote scam advertising to fool people, everyday we see this in a lot of groups or forums and its very bad...Hope will others social networks will do the same to prevent others bad situations
Benarand

Activity: 773

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:49:10 AM

Some strange policy from Facebook. In order to protect their users from being fraudulent, they prohibit any form of advertising crypto and ICO. Well, we need to understand that in the month that passed after the introduction of the ban, the situation has not changed much. Advertising as it was, and remained.  In facebook millions of users and groups associated with crypto-currency and starting to block them, they will lose popularity. And still you will not block all.
buhna

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:49:29 AM

I know that Facebook has a strong policy against many things, such as faces, body parts, children in advertising. And many more small details. Doing advertising is not so simple. Therefore, I was not surprised that this is due to cryptocurrencies.

0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 08:55:54 AM

No Facebook is not against cryptocurrency as a whole they just prevent the advertizements of possible scam of ICO related projects. We all know that Facebook is one of the giant social media networking sites on the internet where billions or even trillions of viewer and user worldwide are interacting almost everyday and that is why they do not advertize any crypto related ads because they are regulated by the governments and they follow some of the implemented agreements to keep their site going in a particular country.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
SparkSun

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:02:41 AM

Facebook opts to ban paid ads especially those focusing on ICOs investments ,There are still ICO advertisement on Facebook. If the reason is to prevent scams, then what about Facebook bounty campaigns. It is not more influence than even Facebook advertisement itself.I think it is a bit pointless to ban them entirely as the common user will more likely not get them.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2884
Merit: 596

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:16:13 AM

I think Facebook opts to ban paid ads especially those focusing on ICOs investments , because people have experienced enough such scams & fraudulent projects .
I think is a good idea to really stop to promote scam advertising to fool people, everyday we see this in a lot of groups or forums and its very bad...Hope will others social networks will do the same to prevent others bad situations

I haven't heard of other social media who are following Facebook's banned on ICO advertisement, but I wouldn't be surprise if another big social platform will follow as well. However, I agree with some of the members that it doesn't stop Facebook users to still promote and outright scam people.

There are still several groups aiming of scamming. I see one thread giving warning because one group claiming to multiple your bitcoins or even pool together and then reinvest in and double your money, but it turns out to be a scam.

I think Facebook should also look at this as well, not just banning ICO ads.

But for me, they are not against bitcoin or crypto, they just don't want to be a tool to spread the scam and helping people not losing their money.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
GlennChristopher

Activity: 116

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:28:57 AM

I believe they are making a coin of their own that is why they are doing this and also they are against coins to help people not invest in spam coins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: