Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:51:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook against bitcoin?  (Read 3742 times)
peleng

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:25:20 PM

Because they believe that Facebook prohibits bitcoin and ICos and other cryptocurrency
The new Facebook policy will not allow announcements of known digital currency exchanges or initial offers of currencies.
Is it to avoid fraud or false advertising? That's why?

I believe that Facebook is not against bitcoin but they only into the protection of people for those possible scams and can be harm to all users. Facebook don't like it that they were implicated, as we all know that Facebook is very powerful medium of information now a days, and even fake news that was spreading.
I agree with that, its an action where the admin just wanted to protect its users, those announcement coming from every new ico's are very annoying and keep showing each time we open our accounts, its also giving opportunities for projects where scam is highly possible to collect or recruit investors which not really familiar with the system, this action will be favored for the users itself, I'm sure if investors are really willing to support certain project instead of using fb they will go inside the forum and read more about it.
Perhaps this news seems negative, but perhaps this will reduce the number of scam in the ICO sphere. I really understand facebook, they do not want their name to be associated with scam.
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:52:30 PM

Not against bitcoins per se. I think Facebook just don’t want another group of scammers using them on their scheme. It’s just some kind of a warning. I still see a lot of ICO ads in Facebook.

netflixnchill

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:56:18 AM

Facebook is not against bitcoin. Facebook just wants to avoid scams to protect the people from it. They are just blocking the advertisements about bitcoin because we all know that some of it might be actually some scam. It does not tell you or stop you from sharing stuff like those though.
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 01:28:36 AM

All Facebook is doing is acting as a buffer which is protecting its users from crypto scams.

This is a decision made because of the ridiculous ROI that is advertised that investors will make with little proof of success.

charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 01:36:29 AM

they pro zcash, didn't knew?))

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
camryku

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:41:01 AM

Because they believe that Facebook prohibits bitcoin and ICos and other cryptocurrency
The new Facebook policy will not allow announcements of known digital currency exchanges or initial offers of currencies.
I think that facebook terms and conditions This does not mean that they will ban our accounts, but This is to protect us from scam investment,
and for this year the new Facebook will not allow digital currency exchange announcements

tonmoycrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:29:59 AM

Many scams now are made and they are still studying crypto so that they cannot advertise digital currency now because they are the largest social media worldwide so they are carefully choose to promote.
Hellobx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:39:33 AM

I think facebook is afraid of legal issues, so it's prohibited.
Because the current attitude of various countries to ICO is not optimistic, so if continue to support the ICO advertisement may face legal problems.

mi56374100

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:44:40 AM

According to the terms and conditions of Facebook, you will not accept any ads related to the paid-for advertising plan to eliminate fraud ICO in the Facebook community. I think this is the right way to fight the fraudsters!

That doesn't mean Facebook is against bitcoin.
balrog

Activity: 448
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 07:54:30 AM

Facebook is absolutely centralized social media , which cooperates with U.S. intelligence agencies , Their goal is to have everyone on the hook and especially control monetary movement , so nothing strange they are against crypto , which gives to people financial freedom
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:57:32 AM

I don't know how tight this rules is, but I still a lot of ICO and cryptocurrency promotion on facebook, it's not actually advertising but more like an individual post and I doubt if facebook can trace all of these there are hundreds thousands of these on facebook.

moni44

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:58:01 AM

i think they just avoid scam in ICO. if facebook banned bitcoin from facebook i thing they two get big lost. maybe i think facebook just try to make ICO a little trusted and scam can't make ICO anymore with spamming or anything else.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
BrittneyHarkins

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:14:08 PM

I don't think so. There are still ICO advertisement on Facebook. If the reason is to prevent scams, then what about Facebook bounty campaigns. It is not more influence than even Facebook advertisement itself.
Valermos

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 10:20:02 PM

I suppose Facebook is stopping communities with fake followers, when they see there are too many newbie followers with big quantity of "friends".

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
daicavung

Activity: 280

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:42:15 PM

As there are now too many fraudulent ICO projects to be born, they spread the project via Facebook, the world's largest social media network. Facebook banned advertising ICO purpose is to protect users, Facebook does not help the scammers. Facebook made the right decision.

alexeylom

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:19:38 PM

This is more of an attempt to protect you from scammers, but they are not stupid, they will not restrict your freedom of speech, surely there are quite reasonable people who have found a normal protection mechanism
joletartare

Activity: 672
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:22:29 PM

I had Facebook block 2 of my posts about cryptocurrencys as spam automatically, however, both of them were restored the next day.

"Thanks again for letting us know about this post. We took another look and found it doesn't go against our Community Standards, so we've restored your post. We're sorry for the trouble and appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us so that we could correct this."

You were more lucky than me!
I had a Fb account with more than 4000 friends and I used it for few bounties. I received proposals from Fb to "pump" my post, and didn't answer. Few days after, most of my posts were rejected...and my account was desactivated. I sent several mails to them but did't receive any answer!
muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:26:52 PM

I suppose Facebook is stopping communities with fake followers, when they see there are too many newbie followers with big quantity of "friends".

Facebook has very strange logic to detect bots. Sometimes real people were banned for just a few post with ICO slogans etc.

noloco

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BLOCKCHAIN VERIFIED PRODUCT REVIEWS PLATFORM

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:31:10 PM

facebook can't be involved in scams and be a platform to attract "customers" to clean them their money, long term it will be against honest marketers that pay long term.

ngavanngo22

Activity: 238

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:34:34 PM

Facebook's ban on ICO-related advertising is due to the fact that many of the ICO project lending models and ponzi are advertising on Facebook for malicious purposes, involving people investing and deceiving. Most of the potential ICO projects are promoting on Facebook as social bounty campaigns, not using the Facebook advertising platform Smiley))

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: