Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:46:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786814 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jenga

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:18:32 PM

Not really following the thread but last time I checked the X-1 was 64GH/s, how comes that now it runs 100GH/s? Also the discount is now 35% from the website. Looks good, I'll consider doing a preorder if the offer lasts.
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 08:29:27 PM

Was planning to place an order with CC, but I guess will need to hold this off for now.

Any idea when you will get the CC payments rolling again?

Cheers

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
blackarrow (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 08:37:34 PM

Was planning to place an order with CC, but I guess will need to hold this off for now.

Any idea when you will get the CC payments rolling again?

Cheers

We did not have Credit/Debit cards payment method available on our website.

We have approached various credit card processing vendors. As soon as we find one willing to work with pre-orders, we will be able to process credit/debit cards.

We do not know when and who will that vendor be.

We manufacture Bitcoin ASICs and Bitcoin mining equipment.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com
blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 09:21:50 AM

Not really following the thread but last time I checked the X-1 was 64GH/s, how comes that now it runs 100GH/s?

We've enlarged the DIE size by switching from 48 cores to 64 cores. This was possible due to lower power consumption achieved by our engineers.

wingspan

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 01:25:20 PM

If core devs request miners upgrade their mining code right away to avoid a bug or add a needed feature, would Black Arrow provide a way to patch the Prosperos?  I'm assuming customers won't have root access to their devices.
--edit:  add "  Will the patch be optional to the customer or will it happen via an auto-update feature?"
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 01:32:16 PM

I'm assuming customers won't have root access to their devices.

Why would you assume that? What would be the point of denying root access to customers? It would only bring headache to BlackArrow.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:27:19 PM

Just want to thank the Black Arrow team for taking some time today to talk. It is really refreshing to deal with people who first know their product and the technology involved and secondly to come across very personable is just a bonus. They are definitely passionate about what they are bringing to the marketplace without the need to oversell it with useless "sales" talk. This is definitely the 28nm chip to watch. I am hopeful our project team gets to use some of these chips in our build.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 03:58:11 PM

Just want to thank the Black Arrow team for taking some time today to talk. It is really refreshing to deal with people who first know their product and the technology involved and secondly to come across very personable is just a bonus. They are definitely passionate about what they are bringing to the marketplace without the need to oversell it with useless "sales" talk. This is definitely the 28nm chip to watch. I am hopeful our project team gets to use some of these chips in our build.
This^
I would say the same things from my conversations with them.
GodfatherBond

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:30:01 PM

Would be good idea to ask mining.thegenesisblock.com to include your miners on their site? At least you have very competitive $ /Gh.
wmmail07

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:57:10 AM

blackarrow

Your device (X-1 and X-3) is based on SHA-256 or own script?
If they are fit for mining Cryptocurrency (Litecoin, Namecoin, PPCoin) or only Bitcoin?

Thx!
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:46:15 PM

looks like all of their engineering went to their terms & conditions pages

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
fpgaminer

Activity: 560
Merit: 517

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 06:22:50 PM

Shenzhen, 26 September, 2013: Black Arrow is proud to announce that it has upgraded the specifications of its Minion chip to 100 Ghash (up to 128 Ghash when overclocked).
Very cool.  Congrats!

blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 08:25:14 PM

Would be good idea to ask mining.thegenesisblock.com to include your miners on their site? At least you have very competitive $ /Gh.

We have announced them. Let's hope they'll add us as well.

xaxidk

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 11:50:14 PM

please reply blackarrow! you say that customers that preorder will make a ROI.
so, if the difficulty goes too high in feb end, will you send more prospero's even if you have a better $/GH than competition?
how are you guaranteeing a ROI?

They aren't guaranteeing a positive ROI, they're guaranteeing that their $/GHash will be better than any competitor shipping in February 2014.

Correction: 25% cheaper than today's market price. We will do our best to keep the prices 25% less than the competition compared to the orders that are shipped in February 2014 as well, but we cannot guarantee 25% as they have the same manufacturing prices as we do. We can only guarantee that we'll sell cheaper compared to the prices from February 2014.
abacus

Activity: 618

a clockwork miner

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:49:03 AM

You mentioned in a previous post that you may partner with resellers/distributors based in Europe (I believe one was based in the UK). How far did you guys get with that? Will we be able to put preorders in directly with them for Feb14 delivery so to use local currencies and avoid customs fees which will lower the preorder price a great deal?

I also would ask you if an EU based distributor is planned.

It's not only a VAT or customs fees problem, but the fact that your hardware could be blocked in customs for weeks...  Shocked
topminingcontracts

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 03:02:35 AM

I think BlackArrow has good intentions and bitcoin mining knowledge.

The problem here I think is he needs pre-sales to get the money to do the project.

The pre-sales model is a bit saturated even Cointerra has some boxes on the first batch to be sold and they are selling them to some customers like I for 10.000 US (list price was 14.000) even the Group Buys are not getting investors this days, in short words the pre-sales model is exhausted in my opinion.

I think this may work if BlackArrow do an approach like an IPO where some people invest and risk in their project for a fraction of the company.

Otherwise I feel will never happen.

Regards

TMC 

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 07:16:14 AM

Current price of CoinTerra
TerraMiner IV - 3$/GH ----- Delivery in "early" Jan  (75% of 3$/GH = 2.25$/GH)

Current price of Blackarrow
Prospero X-1:   2.69$/GH ------Delivery in March
Prospero X-3:   2.25$/GH ------Delivery in March

Why do you think that we will fail our delivery date? Any why would any other manufacturer meet their delivery date?

So Blackarrow, what happened to the 25% less than competition price guarantee?

We do not guarantee our prices to be 25% lower than our competition. We are currently offering 35% discount compared to OUR retail prices and, by the time of the shipment, if the competition drops the price below ours we will drop the prices as well and deliver more hash power.

It is impossible to guarantee what you've understood: The competition has the same manufacturing costs as we are. If they were to drop the prices at manufacturing costs not only that we would work for free, we would also need to give our customers 25% of the manufacturing price.

End of Feb 2014 is a long long way with difficulty expected to go up exponentially!
Is your bet that your miner will earn your money back within January? What happens if other manufacturer delivers late?

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 07:38:10 AM

Maybe you should consider tying your price to difficulty. Or at least to your competitors price/GH/D at the time of shipping.
That will still leave the risk of future D increase with miners, but takes out most of the risk of the D increase during the preorder period.
wmmail07

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:50:54 AM

blackarrow

Your device (X-1 and X-3) is based on SHA-256 or own script?

Thx!
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 02:41:12 PM

Current price of CoinTerra
TerraMiner IV - 3$/GH ----- Delivery in "early" Jan  (75% of 3$/GH = 2.25$/GH)

Current price of Blackarrow
Prospero X-1:   2.69$/GH ------Delivery in March
Prospero X-3:   2.25$/GH ------Delivery in March

Why do you think that we will fail our delivery date? Any why would any other manufacturer meet their delivery date?

So Blackarrow, what happened to the 25% less than competition price guarantee?

We do not guarantee our prices to be 25% lower than our competition. We are currently offering 35% discount compared to OUR retail prices and, by the time of the shipment, if the competition drops the price below ours we will drop the prices as well and deliver more hash power.

It is impossible to guarantee what you've understood: The competition has the same manufacturing costs as we are. If they were to drop the prices at manufacturing costs not only that we would work for free, we would also need to give our customers 25% of the manufacturing price.

End of Feb 2014 is a long long way with difficulty expected to go up exponentially!
Is your bet that your miner will earn your money back within January? What happens if other manufacturer delivers late?

You have said to guarantee your equipment to be 25% lower in price than the competition, at shipping time, for your pre-order customers (I think it's a detail that's missing from your above reply).

For the sake of clarity, can you please explain how you would "refund" that difference? Are you planning to do an actual refund or will you provide more hashing power for the same price (thus lowering the $/GH rate to be 25% cheaper than your competition).

Thank you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: