Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:48:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786812 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 02:43:56 AM

question for Black Arrow:

How much guarantee can you give that your devices will function with P2Pool out of the box? Are you collaborating with the mining software community (ckolivas, LukeJr, Kano etc) to ensure the driver behaviour is good for P2Pool with this initial batch of devices?

We are cooperating with cgminer team. Our devices will work with stratum protocol and will run a custom version of cgminer.

+1 Brillant. Can't wait.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
metal_jacke1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 02:50:35 AM

Black Arrow, can we add MinerSource.NET to the list of US Retailers on your OP? Thanks! Cheesy
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 05:51:07 PM

I have a question about the Prospero X-1. On the website there is an option for hosting for 5 days. Does this mean that you keep the machine there permanently or does it mean you do this only while you are testing and then ship it to the customer after it has been tested? I need to know this before I purchase a machine.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:41:10 PM

I have a question about the Prospero X-1. On the website there is an option for hosting for 5 days. Does this mean that you keep the machine there permanently or does it mean you do this only while you are testing and then ship it to the customer after it has been tested? I need to know this before I purchase a machine.

If you will be buying it in the US, I will be the one doing the hosting, so If you would like me to host the unit for 5 days while "testing" after you have purchased that is a option that can be considered. As far as their website, I will clarify with them.
metal_jacke1

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:59:23 PM

If you will be buying it in the US, I will be the one doing the hosting, so If you would like me to host the unit for 5 days while "testing" after you have purchased that is a option that can be considered. As far as their website, I will clarify with them.

We will revise the site to reflect this information.
blackarrow (OP)

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 07:07:35 PM

The 5 days hosting does not mean we keep the miner permanently, but only for 5 days so we can test the units for a longer time while you will benefit from the mining revenue of your unit. After the 5 days it will be send to you.

This 5 days hosting is something Black Arrow offers. If our resellers have the facilities and/or decide to offer the same it is up to them and their possibilities. This is not something mandatory for them to offer to their direct customers.

We manufacture Bitcoin ASICs and Bitcoin mining equipment.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 08:50:34 PM

The 5 days hosting does not mean we keep the miner permanently, but only for 5 days so we can test the units for a longer time while you will benefit from the mining revenue of your unit. After the 5 days it will be send to you.

This 5 days hosting is something Black Arrow offers. If our resellers have the facilities and/or decide to offer the same it is up to them and their possibilities. This is not something mandatory for them to offer to their direct customers.
We will be offering it Smiley
synapse

Activity: 79

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 10:45:37 PM

is this using your own pool? or do we have to provide existing pool credentials?

Part-time Computer Systems Engineering student - Full time Service Assurance (faults) for a large Telco.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 11:09:04 PM

Will the things work right with p2pool? The KnC stuff doesn't seem to like p2pool, though their latest firmware fix seemed to make it hate p2pool less than it had before.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:18:21 PM

Will the things work right with p2pool? The KnC stuff doesn't seem to like p2pool, though their latest firmware fix seemed to make it hate p2pool less than it had before.

-MarkM-

KnC miners with 0.97 firmware work flawlessly with P2Pool.  I am averaging 275 GH/s with WU of 4146 on P2Pool at the moment, with a Saturn.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 01:52:44 AM

is this using your own pool? or do we have to provide existing pool credentials?
I cant speak for BA on this matter, but for any US customers it will be with your-provided settings
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 09:40:50 AM

Hi blackarrow

Just received a BTC payment address for very small test order but the BTC conversion rates are like 50% higher than market rates when comparing to BitStamp/BTC-E, let alone if compared with mtgox/btcchina.

May I know how are you calculating these rates? Because I already see conversion fee inside the invoice for BTC payments so the difference should not be that high

Thanks

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 11:45:02 AM

Hi blackarrow

Just received a BTC payment address for very small test order but the BTC conversion rates are like 50% higher than market rates when comparing to BitStamp/BTC-E, let alone if compared with mtgox/btcchina.

May I know how are you calculating these rates? Because I already see conversion fee inside the invoice for BTC payments so the difference should not be that high

Thanks

I think my colleagues explained to you that the rates are calculated when the payment information is given to you, which was few days ago (one week). If you want new rates to be calculated you will have to cancel your order and place it again. The invoices are registered on the date of placement with the rates of that date. We cannot adjust invoices already registered.

Of course if you cancel your order and place it again your place in the queue will change. We also cancel orders placed on our website which are older than 2 weeks and unpaid. 

blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 11:47:31 AM

-MarkM-

KnC miners with 0.97 firmware work flawlessly with P2Pool.  I am averaging 275 GH/s with WU of 4146 on P2Pool at the moment, with a Saturn.

Would you please be so kind and move KnC discussions and advises on PM or KnC threads?
Much appreciated!

blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 11:51:07 AM

We will have our own pool and if you will decide you would like to join you will be welcome. However, the way our miners will work for this 5 days trial is that you will be given an IP and a port and you will access and manage your miner (decide which pool to join, overclocking, etc) via your Internet browser. We will only supervise the hardware performance and we will be close to the machines in case you will report problems. Most like how a data center is managed. We will not control your earnings or where you mine.

KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 12:20:45 PM

Hi blackarrow

Thanks

I think my colleagues explained to you that the rates are calculated when the payment information is given to you, which was few days ago (one week). If you want new rates to be calculated you will have to cancel your order and place it again. The invoices are registered on the date of placement with the rates of that date. We cannot adjust invoices already registered.

Of course if you cancel your order and place it again your place in the queue will change. We also cancel orders placed on our website which are older than 2 weeks and unpaid. 

50% is quite a big difference. Why not release a credit note for the difference? That would not change either queue place or invoice.
blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 01:13:44 PM

We've added preliminary renders of how (half of) X3 will look like.

Using a 2U case would require to have some air tunnels. This would have meant that we would have had a case of 1400 x 450 x 89 mm = 56070000 mm^2.

We understand that not all customer have deep racks or space therefore we've opted for the best solution to save space.

X3 will now be 2 x 3U: 450 x 180 x 133 x 2 = 13446000 mm^2

This is 4.17 times smaller than the previous solution and a lot more silent.

More pictures here: http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/prospero-x-3.html

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:02:04 PM

hmm.. by turning the heatsinks 90 degree, isnt the airflow blocked completely by the heatpipes?
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:08:44 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2013, 02:19:17 PM by mtbitcoin

Hi blackarrow

Thanks

Thank you. Sounds fair enough.

On another note, any tentative dates as to when you will be accepting CC payments ?

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 04:34:31 PM

Otherwise I feel will never happen.

Oh, no; this chip is happening one way or the other. Make no mistake about that.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: