Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:21:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786832 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 06:01:56 PM

Oh good! Bitcoin will have to be exchanging at a very high price for the lancelots to still be paying their electricity bill by then, it seems likely.

I expect I will be buying, I just have to come up with the portion of the price that won't be covered by the Lancelot trade-in; I'll want to trade in all my Lancelots and get whatever product costs enough for that many Lancelots to all be used as trade-in against so I have some accumulating of pocket-money to do before I order.

Oh and to the poster who kept asking if Blackarrow is for real, one supposedly cannot base future expections on past performance in investing but for whatever it is worth some of us have nice FPGA units known as Lancelots that we got from Blackarrow that have been serving us well for many months. So they have for sure delivered good products in the past. Oh and I bought in as they were jsut getting rid of the last of the Lancelots to anyone who still wanted one despite the difficulty bitcoin had risen to. Other people have had them much longer. They've been making mining hardware quite a while.

Though I cannot recommend the power bricks that were supposed to power four Lancelots, for me I never did get four to work on one brick, and one of the bricks seemed only able to handle two, at least some of the time. Maybe household power here is lower than they expect to be fed or something but for whatever reason buying one per four Lancelots left me needing to use an old leftover power supply from a scrapped PC to power a bunch of them and thinking if I had known that in advance I'd've used more such PC power supplies I have a pile of instead of ordering the pretty power-brick things.

-MarkM-

Were you using power bricks or the ATX>12V adaptor?
BitCoins06

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:58:35 AM

the only problem now is black arrow shop does not accept credit card & no paypal , this is the most common payment plaform and would like to make a big order
anybody know if they have soon other payment platform please ?

thx you
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:19:15 PM

the only problem now is black arrow shop does not accept credit card & no paypal , this is the most common payment plaform and would like to make a big order

thx you

Don't hold your breath bro.  Most manufacture's don't like shouldering the risk (or providing consumer protection) they would much rather the investomer shoulder the majority of the risk.  They can not shift the bulk of risk from them to you with a reversible payment method.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:53:55 PM

thx you

Don't hold your breath bro.  Most manufacture's don't like shouldering the risk of Paypal freezing their assets.

FTFY. 

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:12:41 PM

thx you

Don't hold your breath bro.  Most manufacture's don't like shouldering the risk of Paypal freezing their assets.

FTFY. 

Interesting how the rest of the world does business daily without PP freezing their assets.  Interesting how a company like KNC (or resellers like WTCR) can offer and use PP/CC services but no one else can.  Perhaps a direct merchant CC account would bypass PP if they're so damn awful.  If the major manufactures (or resellers) were building and shipping like the rest of the world their would be no issue with using PP or CC.  It's because manufacture's have refused refunds to PP clients on a large scale (I'm looking directly at you BFL) and because of the extremely long pre-order scheme that the majority of manufacture's have that PP have taken notice of the BTC vendors.
BitCoins06

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:51:18 PM

unfortunetly im ready to buy the x3 but i need credit card or paypal payment (i have insurance on my credit card..)
jawnzer

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:09:46 PM

unfortunetly im ready to buy the x3 but i need credit card or paypal payment (i have insurance on my credit card..)

If you read back further in the thread, they said they had to take paypal off as it doesn't work well with pre orders. They said they were looking into bringing in something though.
btc_uzr

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:22:04 PM

if they are confident in their own announcements they should offer an escrow service with strict terms in regards of GH/s, W per GH, point in time of delivery

they would become the trustworthiest bitcoin ASIC company in the world over night
it would boost sales to the sky as well - whether everything is as promised or you get your money back

and with money hold in escrow it shouldn't be a problem to get a credit somewhere to pay for the production

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:41:41 PM

if they are confident in their own announcements they should offer an escrow service with strict terms in regards of GH/s, W per GH, point in time of delivery

they would become the trustworthiest bitcoin ASIC company in the world over night
it would boost sales to the sky as well - whether everything is as promised or you get your money back

and with money hold in escrow it shouldn't be a problem to get a credit somewhere to pay for the production

Nope.

Both them and I have been trying to get a CC processor, seeing as my business paypal was already shut down by paypal for BTC related things. All the CC processors I have talked to either wont do business with this, or want 3+ years of bank statements, along with a 500k deposit.
bitcoinlord

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:51:23 PM

Nope.

Both them and I have been trying to get a CC processor, seeing as my business paypal was already shut down by paypal for BTC related things. All the CC processors I have talked to either wont do business with this, or want 3+ years of bank statements, along with a 500k deposit.

Did you try "adult" related Merchant account provider?

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:03:06 PM

Nope.

Yup.
They all either never respond, or say my business is too high risk. I cant even get a processor for the hosting side of the business... and thats a standard colocation.
bitcoinlord

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:07:54 PM

Nope.

Yup.
They all either never respond, or say my business is too high risk. I cant even get a processor for the hosting side of the business... and thats a standard colocation.

Please PM me for Skype chat. I run large colocation/hosting services - no issues for more than 10 years.

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:22:24 PM

Nope.

Yup.

Please PM me for Skype chat. I run large colocation/hosting services - no issues for more than 10 years.
Its not the services that are the problem- Its has BTC associated with with = no processor.

Whats weird is the company who wants to work with me the most is UPS- I now have 2 account reps based on my out going volume.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4522
Merit: 1844

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:44:09 PM

For anyone who has a V1 BlackArrow Bitfury board - the latest cgminer 3.8.1 (3.8.0 also) has the RPi source for a driver now - consider it an early release since there are certain improvements I'll make to it that I've already sorted out what to do - in future versions - but it already runs with great performance.

The configure option is --enable-bab

It runs at 39.9GH/s valid shares with a bit under 10% HW errors above the 39.9GH/s on a standard board
i.e. if you were to also count bad nonces returned (which I prefer not to but I will mention in case anyone wishes to compare that number) it's returning 44GH/s of good+bad nonces.

I've run it with a single board on Raspbian to write and test it - it's based on the V1 initialisation of a single board.
I based the I/O code on the chainminer GPIO/SPI code as should be obvious for anyone who looks at my driver-bab.c and chainminer (as I also mention that at the top of driver-bab.c)

It's a bit CPU hungry so soon I'll be spending more effort on reducing that - 20% CPU with a single board - I've only tested with a single board.

It also doesn't tune the chip at all - so there is also assured performance improvement there - it runs at default settings at the moment.
That's the next effort I'll expend on the driver.

If anyone has a standard V1 BitFury board I'd also be curious to know if it works with them.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:28:32 AM

Anyone know how legit they are about making their delivery by February?  It sounds like a difficult job seeing as its only 3 months from now.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 08:21:01 AM

blackarrow is real. at least, they sent me few lancelots in May 2013.) otherwise, I told to myself, that I will never preorder anything (after Avalon chips, BFL, Hashfast, TerraHash...) - if you want profit, much better way is just holding bitcoins. simple.

they offering unlimited batch so:

1: they deliver in time, but because we don't know how many orders they already have, diff grow so fast, that nobody will get positive ROI (like KNC)
2: they deliver with delay - you mine something back, but not full investment in BTC
3: they will not deliver, because...lalal lala lal

there is no win for me as a customer in this stupid preorder unlimited model, sorry.
BitCoins06

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:12:49 PM

to the Black Arrow Team

could you please try to get in contact with escrow service please ?

thx would be more simple then

we are ready to buy 2 X3

thx you
blackarrow (OP)

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 05:59:25 PM

For anyone who has a V1 BlackArrow Bitfury board

Thanks for this Kano.

May I ask how is this related to our 28nm ASIC?

We manufacture Bitcoin ASICs and Bitcoin mining equipment.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com
blackarrow (OP)

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 06:00:52 PM

to the Black Arrow Team

could you please try to get in contact with escrow service please ?

thx would be more simple then

we are ready to buy 2 X3

What escrow service would you suggest?

We manufacture Bitcoin ASICs and Bitcoin mining equipment.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com
BitCoins06

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 07:43:58 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2013, 11:04:13 AM by BitCoins06

i find this but there is some bad review

https://www.escrow.com/

then also

http://transpact.com/ (good review)
registered in uk
https://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/psdFirmNamesCurr.do?sid=264709
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: