Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:21:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786835 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:59:22 PM

Both the Lancelots and the Bitfury boards are controlled through USB. I am thinking they will continue to use USB. I believe it provides more control for overclocking.
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:02:35 PM

"This product will be available on 24/02/2014"

It's their choice not to include credit card payments as an option.
No, it is not their choice. They have tried, they were even taking orders by PayPal with a CC, but PP has changed its policy.

I didn't know that, but accepting CC would be possible without PP..

wax7

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:03:15 PM

im guessing there is a usb port or two on these for hooking up wifi? or hooking up say rpi?

I don't think so, it's not visible in the specs:

• Easy to use
  • Out of the box functionality
  • Low power per Gigahash
  • Compact design
  • Ethernet connectivity
  • Web interface for configuration and graphic reports of mining activity
  • Supports Stratum protocol
  • Built-in LCD to display statistics and diagnostics

ye, was just hoping they forgot to put it in there.
if not then i guess ill just have to buy a bunch off Ethernet to WiFi dongles...

All you need is a 15$ cheap WIFI ethernet dongel from Hongkong  Cheesy
or
The better way, use a powerline dongle, more stable and more Range.
and the rest to a cheap 100mbit switch. easy and cheaper than USB crap.   Grin

Send BTC to: 12uXHA5YQKdEjoR6X9Qjv4zud5kWRHqtqK  ^_^'
bitcoinpsftp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:06:03 PM

Just a curiosity, but what would happen if you bought one of these machines (the top end one), and took it back to 2009 with a time machine.  How many bitcoins would it mine a day?

Badonkadonk

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:13:14 PM

Just a curiosity, but what would happen if you bought one of these machines (the top end one), and took it back to 2009 with a time machine.  How many bitcoins would it mine a day?

21.000.000 Tongue
and they would be worth 0,- Tongue

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:20:42 PM

"This product will be available on 24/02/2014"

It's their choice not to include credit card payments as an option.
No, it is not their choice. They have tried, they were even taking orders by PayPal with a CC, but PP has changed its policy.

well then I take back lumping them in with the other asic mnfg folks sorry...probably due to BFL..so they likely got
lumped in with that backlash by paypal

anyway good to know they tired will re-consider ordering with this in mind

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:04:52 PM

Both the Lancelots and the Bitfury boards are controlled through USB. I am thinking they will continue to use USB. I believe it provides more control for overclocking.
Nope. Ethernet only. The bitfury boards are also not controlled via USB... not sure where you got that from.
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:43:48 PM

Nope. Ethernet only. The bitfury boards are also not controlled via USB... not sure where you got that from.

I suspect that he is thinking Red/Blue Fury. Too many Fury names out there, confusing.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:06:56 PM

I suspect that he is thinking Red/Blue Fury. Too many Fury names out there, confusing.

My bad. I thought that I read that somewhere. I only have Lancelots; the BA bitfurys sold out pretty fast.
Gator-hex

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:42:15 PM

http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=52&controller=product&id_lang=1

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:32:38 PM

And those are not BA Bitfury boards. Your point?
Your also arguing with someone that has ~100 boards... no usb anywhere to be found.
Gator-hex

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:14:38 PM

And those are not BA Bitfury boards. Your point?
Your also arguing with someone that has ~100 boards... no usb anywhere to be found.

I'm not trying to argue with you, just hinting you can get Bitfury chips on boards with USB that allow for overclocking, and that's where he got that from.

dplusf

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:26:19 AM

@blackarrow your Specs for the prosperox-3 case says , but the Image render Shows 3u i think?
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:06:31 AM

i guess ill just have to buy a bunch off Ethernet to WiFi dongles...

How about one dongle and a switch?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:53:52 AM

@Searing: quit spamming, it's annoying

sorry point taken...but would like to see other asic's do cc esp Blackarrow being that their shipping timeline is way out in I think march 2014

I'm with ya on CC or PP front Searing!!! I'll only buy with BTC IF the product is shipping NOW or MAYBE in a week or so.....................No more will I get bent over like I did with BFL & Avalon  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:01:47 AM

sorry point taken...but would like to see other asic's do cc esp Blackarrow being that their shipping timeline is way out in I think march 2014

I'm with ya on CC or PP front Searing!!! I'll only buy with BTC IF the product is shipping NOW or MAYBE in a week or so.....................No more will I get bent over like I did with BFL & Avalon  Roll Eyes
Just want to let you guys know I under stand yalls position. Completely valid points. But I am planning on flying out to meet them here in a few weeks, and then will be returning in febuary for launch (helping out, and getting all my units for my customers and I shipped out).
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:44:01 AM

I'm with ya on CC or PP front Searing!!! I'll only buy with BTC IF the product is shipping NOW or MAYBE in a week or so.....................No more will I get bent over like I did with BFL & Avalon  Roll Eyes
Just want to let you guys know I under stand yalls position. Completely valid points. But I am planning on flying out to meet them here in a few weeks, and then will be returning in febuary for launch (helping out, and getting all my units for my customers and I shipped out).

Let us know for all I know they have tried to get a credit card option perhaps kncminer can only get theirs because of close association with their already established chip partner....just saying....as if I have NO other basis to give them $$$ that is fine..but not gonna do it blind on a hope and a prayer like I did based off BFL's fancy lies and www site.

So let us know just need more facts I guess....kinda in the dark with a lot of these asic mnfg places

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:50:45 AM

I'm with ya on CC or PP front Searing!!! I'll only buy with BTC IF the product is shipping NOW or MAYBE in a week or so.....................No more will I get bent over like I did with BFL & Avalon  Roll Eyes

Let us know for all I know they have tried to get a credit card option perhaps kncminer can only get theirs because of close association with their already established chip partner....just saying....as if I have NO other basis to give them $$$ that is fine..but not gonna do it blind on a hope and a prayer like I did based off BFL's fancy lies and www site.

So let us know just need more facts I guess....kinda in the dark with a lot of these asic mnfg places
I saw A copy of the application HSBC (sp?)sent them for credit card processing ... and the requirements for it were on the order of needing 100k+ up front, and 5+% fees.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:21:06 AM

I saw A copy of the application HSBC (sp?)sent them for credit card processing ... and the requirements for it were on the order of needing 100k+ up front, and 5+% fees.

this may be a little off topic.......but if they did manage to pull off cc or paypal they'd probably imho triple their business in that KNC is out of stock and would jump their trust level up compared to other asic makers like BFL to new heights...imho they'd more then make up the 100k from the gain from other mnfg types like cointerra w/o a cc option.and again KNC is out of stock on everything till prob 2014...they'd kill ...just saying

benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:49:15 AM

@bobsag3: what is that $100k for?

Opening a credit card account to receive payments costs $10 per month + transaction fees which many charge back to the client anyway!
There is more cost in the swipe machine than in the account (costs start from $60 per month), which is also factored in the costs!

I don't get it.

Also, what's with that youtube movie on BFL homepage showing a bunch of employees assembling parts together. I'm not in the business but is this stuff rocket science to build? I don;t see them as Intel inventing microprocessors, it's a field programmable gate array which - supposedly - means you can get a hand held machine and download the algorithm into it!

If KNCminers are out of stock, then why would not they restock? what kind of business is so sad to run out of stock? I understand companies do their best to sell their products and start to worry when they sit on the shelf, like Microsoft with Surface 1 tablet which never sold out. I can't see Apple running out of stock on the iPhone and then sitting not doing anything until God knows what happens.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: