Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:10:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786832 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:53:18 AM

@bobsag3: what is that $100k for?

Opening a credit card account to receive payments costs $10 per month + transaction fees which many charge back to the client anyway!
There is more cost in the swipe machine than in the account (costs start from $60 per month), which is also factored in the costs!

I don't get it.

Also, what's with that youtube movie on BFL homepage showing a bunch of employees assembling parts together. I'm not in the business but is this stuff rocket science to build? I don;t see them as Intel inventing microprocessors, it's a field programmable gate array which - supposedly - means you can get a hand held machine and download the algorithm into it!

If KNCminers are out of stock, then why would not they restock? what kind of business is so sad to run out of stock? I understand companies do their best to sell their products and start to worry when they sit on the shelf, like Microsoft with Surface 1 tablet which never sold out. I can't see Apple running out of stock on the iPhone and then sitting not doing anything until God knows what happens.

that is a question are these guys gonna mine as well? KNC mines and has a "network protection statement" that if no one else is dumping product in mass on the market they will not do so either to protect the network because they mine and claim they want repeat customers who have made ROI on their equip (prob a bfl dig) I think it was no more then 5% of what they sell) actually I kinda like this idea places like BFL that only rely on equip sales and the will of their supplies as such don't seem to get stuff out if at all..

before I get off thread here I guess I should look at these guys www page on what they plan for the future and if they mine for backup income as well or are relying on investors and jsut equip sales a link please if something is better then their main site...they may have something similar to cover investment etc  after BFL poisoned the well...by taking coin and not shipping....a bad turn for black arrow and the rest ...BFL likely messed up paypal for all at least for a bit imho

anyway ....tough to be any asic mnfg these days with how nuts bitcoin is ...I mean why make equip ..just jump out and mine.

er got on blackarrow site seems like they are lowering prices ...anyway tempted....but then again conflicted (once burnt bfl don't ya know)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:57:09 AM

i guess ill just have to buy a bunch off Ethernet to WiFi dongles...

How about one dongle and a switch?

acctualy not a bad idea.
found the netgear wnce2001 cheap where i work, just need a nice switch now Wink

nosferatujeff

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:55:27 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 11:33:10 PM by nosferatujeff

Put 15k down on 3 Prosperos. Very much on philosophy with KNC Miner, which, I own a Jupiter.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 12:29:08 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 01:52:08 PM by Gator-hex

actually I kinda like this idea places like BFL that only rely on equip sales

I pretty sure they owned their own mining pool, I forget what it was called though.  Wink

if no one else is dumping product in mass on the market they will not do so either to protect the network because they mine

It's actually bad for the network, that ASICs are mostly in the hands of the few, it's not decentralized, the only thing they are protecting is personal gain!

For the sake of Bitcoin decentralization alone I hope Black Arrow do deliver a mass market consumer product!

tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:37:11 PM

@bobsag3: what is that $100k for?

Opening a credit card account to receive payments costs $10 per month + transaction fees which many charge back to the client anyway!
There is more cost in the swipe machine than in the account (costs start from $60 per month), which is also factored in the costs!

I don't get it.

Also, what's with that youtube movie on BFL homepage showing a bunch of employees assembling parts together. I'm not in the business but is this stuff rocket science to build? I don;t see them as Intel inventing microprocessors, it's a field programmable gate array which - supposedly - means you can get a hand held machine and download the algorithm into it!

If KNCminers are out of stock, then why would not they restock? what kind of business is so sad to run out of stock? I understand companies do their best to sell their products and start to worry when they sit on the shelf, like Microsoft with Surface 1 tablet which never sold out. I can't see Apple running out of stock on the iPhone and then sitting not doing anything until God knows what happens.

Maybe because they are in China they need that much money to get a merchant account.  But in the U.S. any Mom and Pop store can have a CC machine.  There is just variation on rates. 

Also, BFL is not producing FPGA's anymore, they are producing ASICs which is not something you download the algorithm to.  In fact, they are like Intel in that they had to invent their own microprocessor.  As is everyone currently in the ASIC business.

KNC is out of stock because they are working on their next generation product.  Restocking requires more chips.   To produce chips you have to reserve time at a foundry and purchase quite a lot to make it profitable.  They must feel that they won't get this done fast enough to make it worthwhile before the second generation chipset of their's is released.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
Airwhale

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:11:28 PM

Has Blackarrow announced taping out yet?  Considering buying from them,  but a little worried about their shipping date being about 3 months away and no tape-out announced.  Doesn't it take roughly 3 months from tapeout to manufacture?

Thanks!
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:23:26 AM

My question:

Can BlackArrow confirm that Batch 1 Prosperos are still available? The text in the product page still says "Available from 24.02.2014", but is this still correct?

Vires in numeris
Lancelot19

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:52:35 AM

to re-answer and agree with the former answer on the asic miners and chips...........

I am sure that KNC miner is working on their next generation, however, I do see their reasoning in not having so many chips made the first time around.
It takes MONEY, and time. I am sure they didn't want to gamble more than a few million dollars (of our money) on making chips no one would buy, or someone would outdate, quickly.

With several companies jumping  into the fire with big asic miners, it is getting harder to sompete, and if you look at their mission statement, they stated out front, that they would release them slowly, as not to drive the market up too high, too fast, allowing the owners time to recover their outlay, before saturating the market with new machines.
I am also sure that the manufacturers held some back for them, and that means they want to keep the market low, for their own mining purposes, and I can't really blame them.
We saw  many group buys (I personally got left out of several, in this  particular forum, because of that stupid NEWBIE crap, which sucked wind like a vacuum cleaner...thanks a lot I might add), here, and a ton of us got left out, but that is they way it goes.

At least they HAVE a release date for more machines. cointerra doesn't, others don't either. And here comes blackarrow, not willing to answer questions, nor have they posted very much data, nor do they have any means of insuring yours and my money, and expect us to just GIVE them our money and hope they deliver.

That being said, by the time their (knc's) MARCH batch comes out, the difficulty will be WAY beyond what any 500Gh machine can do.
Cointerra had the right idea, but by the time theirs comes out, those 2TH machines will only deliver 1 BTC/day, leaving 500GH machines in the dust, and themselves fading fast. Right now, it takes over 1TH to make 1BTC/day, and novembers, and decembers machines haven't been released yet. It seems to just about double what it takes (in TH's, now that GH's are about dead...Mh or Kh is useless) every month.
By february and march release dates, it will take upwards of a  minimum of 5TH for 1BTC/day and 10TH to make a descent profit, maybe even more. No telling what those will cost, either.

I, being willing to invest some bucks, now that I have stacked some away, see it being a loosing battle, and bullcrap stuff like 45-50,000 for a jupiter machine, or Cointerra PREORDER (which again smacks of rip off), on fleabay, is making me sick.
ROI WAS at about 30-60 days, that 50,000 crap puts it 6 months to a year or  more before you get any ROI, and that is only if the price stays up.
I am NOT willing to throw my money at someone who won't give me any way to insure my money is well spent and not ripped off. And when they aren't aswering questions, or putting out any data, THAT raises more questions than answers.

Not to mention the fact that these "groups" are buying up anything and everything that comes out, since they were the only assholes allowed in on the group buys, because about a hundred of us "newbies", or a LOT more got left out ,because we couldn't post, or PM anyone about getting in on those "group" buys. Once again, thanks a lot for that shit, too............

rant rant rant..........

Please list the better options.
Are you so lazy that you want someone else to do all the work for you?
You are such an expert, just go buy some chips and manufacture them yourself. It's so easy right?
Group buys have been a success even allowing refunds. Haven't seen many complaints from anyone that participated. They are on track to all ROI.
I also didn't get to get involved in the group buys, but then again, how is it their fault the website has noob rules?
1life

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:23:43 AM

so how legit is this company and how sure are we that product will be out in February?
thomas_s

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:05:54 AM

to re-answer and agree with the former answer on the asic miners and chips...........

I am sure that KNC miner is working on their next generation, however, I do see their reasoning in not having so many chips made the first time around.
It takes MONEY, and time. I am sure they didn't want to gamble more than a few million dollars (of our money) on making chips no one would buy, or someone would outdate, quickly.

With several companies jumping  into the fire with big asic miners, it is getting harder to sompete, and if you look at their mission statement, they stated out front, that they would release them slowly, as not to drive the market up too high, too fast, allowing the owners time to recover their outlay, before saturating the market with new machines.
I am also sure that the manufacturers held some back for them, and that means they want to keep the market low, for their own mining purposes, and I can't really blame them.
We saw  many group buys (I personally got left out of several, in this  particular forum, because of that stupid NEWBIE crap, which sucked wind like a vacuum cleaner...thanks a lot I might add), here, and a ton of us got left out, but that is they way it goes.

At least they HAVE a release date for more machines. cointerra doesn't, others don't either. And here comes blackarrow, not willing to answer questions, nor have they posted very much data, nor do they have any means of insuring yours and my money, and expect us to just GIVE them our money and hope they deliver.

That being said, by the time their (knc's) MARCH batch comes out, the difficulty will be WAY beyond what any 500Gh machine can do.
Cointerra had the right idea, but by the time theirs comes out, those 2TH machines will only deliver 1 BTC/day, leaving 500GH machines in the dust, and themselves fading fast. Right now, it takes over 1TH to make 1BTC/day, and novembers, and decembers machines haven't been released yet. It seems to just about double what it takes (in TH's, now that GH's are about dead...Mh or Kh is useless) every month.
By february and march release dates, it will take upwards of a  minimum of 5TH for 1BTC/day and 10TH to make a descent profit, maybe even more. No telling what those will cost, either.

I, being willing to invest some bucks, now that I have stacked some away, see it being a loosing battle, and bullcrap stuff like 45-50,000 for a jupiter machine, or Cointerra PREORDER (which again smacks of rip off), on fleabay, is making me sick.
ROI WAS at about 30-60 days, that 50,000 crap puts it 6 months to a year or  more before you get any ROI, and that is only if the price stays up.
I am NOT willing to throw my money at someone who won't give me any way to insure my money is well spent and not ripped off. And when they aren't aswering questions, or putting out any data, THAT raises more questions than answers.

Not to mention the fact that these "groups" are buying up anything and everything that comes out, since they were the only assholes allowed in on the group buys, because about a hundred of us "newbies", or a LOT more got left out ,because we couldn't post, or PM anyone about getting in on those "group" buys. Once again, thanks a lot for that shit, too............

rant rant rant..........

For "groups" some of us have websites you can go to to contact the admins without the need of sending  a PM on the forum, hell one of our admins found this site after he grouped up with us.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:16:14 AM

Anyone know when the USA reseller will be ready to accept payments? I was thinking of ordering a couple of the small units to give me something to look forward to early next year.
Kaega

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:46:16 AM

Anyone know when the USA reseller will be ready to accept payments? I was thinking of ordering a couple of the small units to give me something to look forward to early next year.

bobsag3 - http://minersource.net/  he's posted on this thread and the site is referenced on the black arrow site.

Protect your coin: Buy a Treznor
nexus99
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:07:23 AM

bobsag3 - http://minersource.net/  he's posted on this thread and the site is referenced on the black arrow site.

Hi Bob, thanks for the link. The issue is that the order module is non functional (the buy button is disabled) due to some issue with taking paymen. I'm curious if there is an ETA of when they will be able to accept orders.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:43:19 AM

Hi Bob, thanks for the link. The issue is that the order module is non functional (the buy button is disabled) due to some issue with taking paymen. I'm curious if there is an ETA of when they will be able to accept orders.
Yeah we have been having issues with BIPS.me, having to change over to something else.
nexus99
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:27:16 AM

Yeah we have been having issues with BIPS.me, having to change over to something else.

Ill be waiting in the wings to make some orders when things get smoothed out. Good luck!
snerrad

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:40:49 AM

Did bitcoin payments get dsabled on the Black Arrow site?

No longer seeing it as an option.
Pug

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:44:42 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2015, 07:33:58 AM by Pug

-
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:52:04 PM

Did bitcoin payments get dsabled on the Black Arrow site?

No longer seeing it as an option.

the payment option is there, but i think they removed the btc price indicator on the products.
maybe it was updating to slow or something?

Zillions

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:41:13 PM

Are there any photos of the X-1 yet? .... considering it's supposed to come out in Feb makes me nervous
Airwhale

Activity: 221

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:23:31 PM

Has Blackarrow announced taping out yet?  Considering buying from them,  but a little worried about their shipping date being about 3 months away and no tape-out announced.  Doesn't it take roughly 3 months from tapeout to manufacture?

Thanks!

Just wanted to re-ask my question... anyone know anything about a tapeout?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: