Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:03:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786814 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nosferatujeff

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:33:19 PM

Black Arrow posted in their forum that they have not taped out yet, that they are still working on the backend of the chip.
http://ecointalk.net/topic/249-minion-asic-tapeout/
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 05:17:16 PM

Please list the better options.
Are you so lazy that you want someone else to do all the work for you?
You are such an expert, just go buy some chips and manufacture them yourself. It's so easy right?
Group buys have been a success even allowing refunds. Haven't seen many complaints from anyone that participated. They are on track to all ROI.
I also didn't get to get involved in the group buys, but then again, how is it their fault the website has noob rules?

wtf?

better options? WTF?

Do what work for me?
I didn't ask for any work to be done, then or now.
No one mentioned hard or easy, whatever.
I have never designed a chip, but I goddamned sure have designed boards that used or use microprocessors.
WTF are you talking about?
Someone needs to take a downer, smoke some more shit, snort something, whatever, and come up with something better than that shit.

The whole answer didn't mean a whole lot, other than to address the KNCminer issue about not having any more to sell.
If you missed the boat, then you missed the fucking boat. There is no reason to razz KNC, Cointerra, or any other manufacturer if you didn't get in on the original or second, third or whatever, sell or sale.
I didn't razz a damned thing or manufacturer, except for that "NEWBIE" shit, and the fact that blackarrow keeps dodging questions. And I asked legitimate ones, not meant to razz ,but get real answers, without rhetoric or bullshit. I said that out front.
If people are willing to put up thousands of dollars, they should at least know they can get their money back, and it is not a one-way transaction. And that they are  not going to have to wait a year to get it back, either, and only then, maybe a portion of it..
YOU can throw your money away all you want. "I ain't gonna". Not for you or anyone else.
Burn me once, and I stay the fuck away the second time.

The 'group buy' was only filler and doesn't really mean jack shit, since there wasn't and isn't a damned thing I can do about it.
It only shows how you can get fucked without really trying, on this forum.

A better option is simply to buy BTC and hold them. Choose your entry point carefully.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:31:38 PM

Are there any photos of the X-1 yet? .... considering it's supposed to come out in Feb makes me nervous

You get nervous easily. Take hashast, it was supposed to ship last month, yet the only photo's to date are from a bog standard ATX case and the CEO holding somehing under wraps that presumably is a wafer. The first real pictures of KnC Ive seen was 2 or so days before they shipped.

I mean, feel free to get nervous for a variety of reasons, but there not being photo's 3 months before the announced shipping date shouldnt be on the top of your list.
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:50:59 PM

Are there any photos of the X-1 yet? .... considering it's supposed to come out in Feb makes me nervous

You get nervous easily. Take hashast, it was supposed to ship last month, yet the only photo's to date are from a bog standard ATX case and the CEO holding somehing under wraps that presumably is a wafer. The first real pictures of KnC Ive seen was 2 or so days before they shipped.

I mean, feel free to get nervous for a variety of reasons, but there not being photo's 3 months before the announced shipping date shouldnt be on the top of your list.

well said.
i for one, have no doubt that these guys will deliver. and i dont think there will be a delay. atleast not like we have seen with other companys ( yall know what i mean ;P )

bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:53:04 PM

well said.
i for one, have no doubt that these guys will deliver. and i dont think there will be a delay. atleast not like we have seen with other companys ( yall know what i mean ;P )
If you guys didnt see, they received the samples for the X-3's Heatsink:
http://ecointalk.net/gallery/album/7-prospero-heatsink-samples/
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:26:28 PM

The trouble with BlackArrow now, is that it's not possible to tell how much you are paying them. They don't let customers pay "until they catch up with orders", which could just as well be when the BTC exchange rate suits them. And they're using the BTC-e rate, which is the lowest dollar rate around, when their costs can only be denominated in yuan, where they can get an extra high exchange rate at btcChina.

Seems they like playing games with which day they choose for the BTC exchange rate they use. I don't know whether these people pose too much of a risk, until they can calculate the rate and accept the payment immediately when you make the order.

Vires in numeris
morphKET

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

We Are All One

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 11:28:09 PM

hi got a question i don't think anyone has hinted at. when blackarrow says that 24/2/2014 is the shipping date, does that mean that all the miners are going to be shipping out that date or is it going to be a queue basis with a weekly shipping schedule like ButterF*#kFly Labs?

✰ PrimeDice.com | Instant Bitcoin Gambling | Free BTC Faucet | ( 1% edge) *Thread*
If you like my stories, toss a Satoshi or two:
1CHmp1TGSyus29K76S7X6AMtVUejj7BCcj
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:30:27 AM

has anyone asked if pay for a pre-order and when miners are ready end of Feb, is pickup is possible?

the answer to this would be very interesting.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:12:11 AM

has anyone asked if pay for a pre-order and when miners are ready end of Feb, is pickup is possible?

the answer to this would be very interesting.

Sure. You can pick them up from me in the US, and Im about 99% sure they will have pickups available Either in HK or China Office. I will ask them and double check.
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:35:33 AM

Sure. You can pick them up from me in the US, and Im about 99% sure they will have pickups available Either in HK or China Office. I will ask them and double check.

thanks bobsag3,

I'd rather pickup either China or HK as I'm in Australia and travel frequently there.

I'll wait your response,
Cheers
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:39:43 AM

Hi BlackArrow:

Are there any referral programs in place like what KNC did, i.e Refer 10 Free 1, etc ?

Cheers

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
3ds

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:31:20 PM

Black Arrow announces their first resellers within US

More details here:
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/usa-reseller.html
Exist there a reseller in europe? or something planed?
BlackArrow Matt

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:48:01 PM

Hi Everybody,

There's no referral program in place at the moment.

There will be an option for local pick-up.

I'm going to do my best to stay up to date with this thread. I'm also running the facebook page and answering tickets.

Also, to address Carlton Banks, there is no conspiracy to maximize profits. 90% of our team is focusing on the engineering side of things to make sure we get this ready for Feb 2014. Our customer service team is trying to keep up with orders and questions as well as we can.

Having said that, if anyone has emailed us and is still waiting for a reply, please PM me your question.

If you want to verify that I work for Black Arrow, please PM me and I will supply my @blackarrowsoftware.com email address.

Thanks!
Matt
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:15:52 PM

Also, to address Carlton Banks, there is no conspiracy to maximize profits. 90% of our team is focusing on the engineering side of things to make sure we get this ready for Feb 2014. Our customer service team is trying to keep up with orders and questions as well as we can.

So, you're saying that waiting until after the order has been placed is the way to do this?

The BTC price moves fast, and Black Arrow price confirmation moves slow, and at an undefined pace of slowness. You also use the most undervalued exchange rate as your reference point. If that's not a way to maximise your money, I don't know how else best you could do it.

Other miner companies have always confirmed the amount in BTC to pay right at the same time the order is placed. Black Arrow are unique in dragging their feet when it comes to confirming the exchange rate (and hence the full price).

How is anyone supposed to make an informed decision about whether the potential profit margins are favourable, the picture is very blurry. And it seems that BTC is the best method for any miner manufacturer to accept payment, many banks will refuse to process wire transfers to BTC related companies in China. Strange way to do business in this market, for sure.

Vires in numeris
FlappySocks

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:22:22 PM

And it seems that BTC is the best method for any miner manufacturer to accept payment, many banks will refuse to process wire transfers to BTC related companies in China. Strange way to do business in this market, for sure.

I used a money transfer service (TransferWise), and converted my local currency to HKD.  It was easy.
LoTodelo

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:31:08 PM

Hi Matt, good to see someone responding here.

I placed an order yesterday, but the Bank Account details are missing on the invoice, could you take a look at ticket #QXC-793-75666?
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:32:43 PM

And it seems that BTC is the best method for any miner manufacturer to accept payment, many banks will refuse to process wire transfers to BTC related companies in China. Strange way to do business in this market, for sure.

I used a money transfer service (TransferWise), and converted my local currency to HKD.  It was easy.
I have not any problems at all with the many wires I have had to send and receive from them. Infact the wires both ways cleared faster than Im used to... still BTC is better Tongue
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:36:18 PM

I have not any problems at all with the many wires I have had to send and receive from them. Infact the wires both ways cleared faster than Im used to... still BTC is better Tongue

I agree that not all people will have problems with wire transfers. I still believe Black Arrow would be better to make BTC price totally transparent by taking the payment straight away. These decisions are already difficult to make, why make it even harder?

Vires in numeris
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:44:10 PM

I agree that not all people will have problems with wire transfers. I still believe Black Arrow would be better to make BTC price totally transparent by taking the payment straight away. These decisions are already difficult to make, why make it even harder?
I know one of the big issues I know they have been having is being understaffed- To many tickets with too few people. As for using BTC-e, not sure why that was chosen, could be for money could be because thats the easiest exchange to get $ into via wire? Not sure, I only use CB or Local for all my BTC.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:49:31 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 05:06:33 PM by Carlton Banks

I know one of the big issues I know they have been having is being understaffed- To many tickets with too few people. As for using BTC-e, not sure why that was chosen, could be for money could be because thats the easiest exchange to get $ into via wire? Not sure, I only use CB or Local for all my BTC.

I think it may actually be the worst place to get USD into, take a look at the Scam Accusations thread. This is said to be the reason that the BTC exchange rate is so low on btc-e, because there is low confidence that the USD wire will arrive in your btc-e account.

Out of interest, what stage of the process do you take customer BTC on your site? As part of placing the order, or an indeterminate amount of days after placing the order? I suspect the former, as this is the norm with all BTC webmerchants.

Vires in numeris
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: