Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:31:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786835 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 06:14:39 PM

Open them up at the top.  Remove the fans.  Lift the metal tab slightly and pull the hash boards out one at a time (Obviously unplugged from the wall).  Insert one hash board at a time and power up each time.  See if one of the hash boards cause the problem.  You can then RMA the hash board that causes the miner to stop working.  And mine with the others in the meantime. 

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
kodeon.CEO

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:34:29 PM

Open them up at the top.  Remove the fans.  Lift the metal tab slightly and pull the hash boards out one at a time (Obviously unplugged from the wall).  Insert one hash board at a time and power up each time.  See if one of the hash boards cause the problem.  You can then RMA the hash board that causes the miner to stop working.  And mine with the others in the meantime. 

Thanks man, will definitely give it a try.
SunnyIgor

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:37:02 PM

Did anyone recieve an X1.5?
What will happen to the custumers who bought compensation psu's for the x1's?

ElGrandJefe

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:56:44 PM

Did anyone recieve an X1.5?
What will happen to the custumers who bought compensation psu's for the x1's?

If you bought them from BA, you might get a nice fireworks display when you plug them in. Or maybe just an LED light show, depending on who you believe.
ElGrandJefe

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:20:50 PM

Here's the latest wheeze from Alexey A., posted on ecointalk:

Dear ********

We do understand that situation may seem grim, however Mining equipment was never done to produce large amounts of Fiat or profit, but as a tool for Bitcoin enthusiasts, the device still serves it's purpose and can miner bitcoins, that is it's original purpose.

Also before buying any equipment, you must get familiar with product you are investing to, as we do not sell out of the shelf products. The purchase is classified as investment in to development of new products. As any investment it involves risk.

However, if you experienced issues with our products we still provide RMA. Unfortunately development of miners are complex process and things not always go as planned, which we apologize for from our side. However we do not refuse to deliver product, or repair it as per agreement during purchase.

We apologize for inconvenience caused.

Regards Alexey A.

In other words, your miner purchase is just your expensive hobby and you have no one but yourself to blame for not doing your homework and finding out what lying, thieving fucks we are before sending us your thousands of dollars. Every investment involves risk, and you lose.

Good day, sir.
Specialkey

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:26:33 AM

Dear X,

Unfortunately due to lack of funds, as we invested money in production and payment to workers, we currently do not posses money required to issue refunds.

We understand your situation, however we do not sell out of the shelf products and according to Hong Kong law, this case is classified as investment in new product development.

As for delay compensation, we offered our customers multiple options where they can pick the best way that will suit them, Currently we offer 50% compensation in hardware, or Conversion to ASIC minion chips each 45$ paid equal 1 chip of 100 GH/S, we will also announce additional option soon.

We are sorry for inconvenience caused.

Regards Alexey A.

I am preparing a legal action against BA with a HK lawyer.
Enough is enough.
jobelz

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 08:37:24 PM

Well,

I feel I sat by passively long enough. Aside from sending my info to a few people that were going for lawsuits (and have gone silent ever since) I haven't done much but try to communicate constructively with BA.

If anyone is taking legal actions from HK, I want to join in and be actively involved (financially too of course). I know they feel they're quite safe because of the steep cost of starting something legal, but to be honest at some point it just becomes a question of honor to take them down.

Cheers,
J.
gkos

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:23:30 PM

LOL. Nearly a year after  I paid, I got X-3 delivered today.

Despite writing to BA in June asking to change the delivery address, those plonkers still delivered it to my old work address.

I don't even fucking live in UK anymore! It seems they can't do anything right!

Selling both units on ebay if someone is interested.
ElGrandJefe

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:30:27 PM

Despite writing to BA in June asking to change the delivery address, those plonkers still delivered it to my old work address.

There is a high probability that your units are defective. I wouldn't sell them on eBay, because you'll be liable after they go up in smoke.

blackarrow, on 14 Nov 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

In the last few days there have been increasing reports of X3 units that have failed during hashing.

We have now located this issue: It has been introduced by a part that we have used in our latest shipped batch (shipped between 20 Oct to 13 Nov). All miners affected by this problem have a barcode sticker (picture will be posted here:http://www.blackarro...y_hashboard.jpg. We are currently sending individual emails to all customers that we believe that are affected. If you have not received an email but are concerned that your miner is affected, please open it and check if your hashboard has such sticker. If your miner is affected, please stop using it immediately. If you do not stop using your miner there is a very high possibility that one or more hashboards will burn. We are now testing new hashboards in which we believe that we have solved the problem. We will send new hashboards to all customers as soon as tests are conclusive. Alternatively we can make arrangements to host your miner in our partner's datacenter in China that charges an all-inclusive fee.

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience.

Technical details: On the latest batch of miners we started to use a different mosfet because of higher efficiency and better sourcing availability. However, to achieve this efficiency this mosfet lacks a diode that protects it from short circuiting the 12V with GND in case there's a wrong message received from the controller. A wrong message can only be caused by the noise in the circuit or by a faulty controller. We have encountered this issue back in May but we have been working with Vishay (the manufacturer) to fix it. Initially, when we found the issue, we wanted to return the chips but Vishay declined to take them back claiming that they are considered safe to be used in consumer electronics and Sony is using them in PS4. Upon applying the changes in our design based on their advice and after testing more than 20 miners we believed that the problem has been solved and started manufacturing miners with these chips. However, it turns out that the problem is still there and in some unknown cases it happens and the mosfet burns, causing a short circuit which heats up the board and sometimes melts the PCIE connector.

eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:35:14 PM

There is a high probability that your units are defective. I wouldn't sell them on eBay, because you'll be liable after they go up in smoke.

In the last few days there have been increasing reports of X3 units that have failed during hashing.

We have now located this issue: It has been introduced by a part that we have used in our latest shipped batch (shipped between 20 Oct to 13 Nov). All miners affected by this problem have a barcode sticker (picture will be posted here:http://www.blackarro...y_hashboard.jpg. We are currently sending individual emails to all customers that we believe that are affected. If you have not received an email but are concerned that your miner is affected, please open it and check if your hashboard has such sticker. If your miner is affected, please stop using it immediately. If you do not stop using your miner there is a very high possibility that one or more hashboards will burn. We are now testing new hashboards in which we believe that we have solved the problem. We will send new hashboards to all customers as soon as tests are conclusive. Alternatively we can make arrangements to host your miner in our partner's datacenter in China that charges an all-inclusive fee.

Technical details: On the latest batch of miners we started to use a different mosfet because of higher efficiency and better sourcing availability. However, to achieve this efficiency this mosfet lacks a diode that protects it from short circuiting the 12V with GND in case there's a wrong message received from the controller. A wrong message can only be caused by the noise in the circuit or by a faulty controller. We have encountered this issue back in May but we have been working with Vishay (the manufacturer) to fix it. Initially, when we found the issue, we wanted to return the chips but Vishay declined to take them back claiming that they are considered safe to be used in consumer electronics and Sony is using them in PS4. Upon applying the changes in our design based on their advice and after testing more than 20 miners we believed that the problem has been solved and started manufacturing miners with these chips. However, it turns out that the problem is still there and in some unknown cases it happens and the mosfet burns, causing a short circuit which heats up the board and sometimes melts the PCIE connector.

Just f-ing ubelievable. I have my X-3s in a data center 2 hours away.  Now I have to go back just to check to see if they are a fire hazard???

Hey blackarrow, where the hell are my comp units?  Yeah, I know its hopeless.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
eXOBeX

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:42:18 PM

Date added: 12 Nov 2014 Prospero X3 issues

we are offering hosting into our partner's datacenter in China.
Where your machines have probably already been mining for the past six months.
ThePhwner

Activity: 616

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:41:05 AM

So I keep hearing more and more reports of these burning up. First hand from people who own them. As recently as 20 minutes ago. Not good...

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 04:54:39 AM

this was pure scam, stop waiting

Acid Alchamy

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

The One, The Only

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 09:49:08 AM

So I recently purchased some X3 Units, and 2/4 boxes burnt down. One was burnt to complete rubbish (picture below), worst part was the blade was burnt from one end to the other so the machine stayed on causing quiet the smoke and an awful smell of burnt plastic, spoiled eggs, and burnt electronics. LUCKILY I was home..I was able to unplug em and throw the unit outside in my shed.

As for my second unit, it kept going on and off and hashing extremely low. The smell of burnt plastic kept coming and going. Opened it up and saw it begging to blacken/char on the metal of the blade; needless to say I threw it outside as well as the major fire hazard wasn't worth the cost of my home and my other mining gear or better yet my life.

Neither of the units were at default frequency; in fact all my units were under clocked and on its own dedicated 20 amp breaker.

So yeah..not sure I'll be using Black Arrow products anymore.

Always Idle, Always Here, Always Mining - Bitcoin
ElGrandJefe

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 09:53:28 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 10:07:24 AM by ElGrandJefe

They know/knew about this fault:

They promised they would e-mail all the affected customers immediately, but apparently that's just another broken promise from them.

Assholes.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 09:56:56 AM

They know/knew about this fault:

They promised they would e-mail all the affected customers immediately, but apparently that's just another broken promise from them.

Assholes.

"we are deeply sorry for the inadvertent manslaughter of your wife and children. email us."

assholes.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Specialkey

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:53:06 AM

So I recently purchased some X3 Units, and 2/4 boxes burnt down. One was burnt to complete rubbish (picture below), worst part was the blade was burnt from one end to the other so the machine stayed on causing quiet the smoke and an awful smell of burnt plastic, spoiled eggs, and burnt electronics. LUCKILY I was home..I was able to unplug em and throw the unit outside in my shed.

As for my second unit, it kept going on and off and hashing extremely low. The smell of burnt plastic kept coming and going. Opened it up and saw it begging to blacken/char on the metal of the blade; needless to say I threw it outside as well as the major fire hazard wasn't worth the cost of my home and my other mining gear or better yet my life.

Neither of the units were at default frequency; in fact all my units were under clocked and on its own dedicated 20 amp breaker.

So yeah..not sure I'll be using Black Arrow products anymore.

What for a mess.
poon-TANG

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:21:08 AM

I thought there was a video some where from BA showing/saying to break off those capacitors on that board. I could be wrong. I'll see if I can find it.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:05:27 AM

I thought there was a video some where from BA showing/saying to break off those capacitors on that board. I could be wrong. I'll see if I can find it.

You mean this one Huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=564-sYaXYfI#t=45

Don't forget to add to the comments section while your there  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
zurg

Activity: 826

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:16:34 PM

Those were the green caps that were at fault.
This pics do not show them and it looks like it's a newer revision.
Wondering if that hashboard is faulty, in which case it can be pulled.
Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: