Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:27:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO is complete!] Market.space - Decentralized Host Aggregator  (Read 6879 times)
xdbitcoin

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:44:49 PM

I didn't know that and it is also impossible to verify whether they are independent or not. We all know how the three big ratings agencies did their job right before the financial crisis Wink They claimed to be independent, but obviously they weren't.

All the ratings are sooo biased... if you just delve into the info about the project and shape your own opinion, and then go to check all these rates assigned by the "independent" experts, you'll that it's all not worth looking at

I would not trust these shitty ratings either... for instance, Mark Space have 4.1 on ICOBench, but they're scammers, and everyone knows that. So which on earth  "expert" ratings are we talking about  Huh

At least Ico Bench have quite a right rate for Filecoin, so it's not as hopeless as I thought

Filecoin? Oh, I'm starting to smell a rat  Grin Grin  The last update dated by the 1st of January, and no presence in networks like Medium or else, only blog

Come off that... I quite like that project and idea, you know. Not every project shows off a lot in the media... Although I agree that keeping people informed and not losing touch is very very important

I don't want to enter a discussion, as it would be off topic in this thread, and quite time taking. I'd only say that it's rather naive to think that not having a MVP + making very rare updates can result in delivered promises. Again, it's all my humble opinion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ioang

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:47:07 PM

Ok, but they made SAFT which is quite comforting, I think. Kind of sealing the deal legally
kruseno

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:57:37 PM

Ok, but they made SAFT which is quite comforting, I think. Kind of sealing the deal legally

SAFT or SAFTE, whatever - all ICO projects have that kind of legal stuff to pool the wool over the customers' eyes. Don't fall for it, as there should be other criteria to judge by
kruseno

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:09:19 PM

I didn't know that and it is also impossible to verify whether they are independent or not. We all know how the three big ratings agencies did their job right before the financial crisis Wink They claimed to be independent, but obviously they weren't.

All the ratings are sooo biased... if you just delve into the info about the project and shape your own opinion, and then go to check all these rates assigned by the "independent" experts, you'll that it's all not worth looking at

I would not trust these shitty ratings either... for instance, Mark Space have 4.1 on ICOBench, but they're scammers, and everyone knows that. So which on earth  "expert" ratings are we talking about  Huh

At least Ico Bench have quite a right rate for Filecoin, so it's not as hopeless as I thought

Filecoin? Oh, I'm starting to smell a rat  Grin Grin  The last update dated by the 1st of January, and no presence in networks like Medium or else, only blog

Come off that... I quite like that project and idea, you know. Not every project shows off a lot in the media... Although I agree that keeping people informed and not losing touch is very very important

Hm... which projects with a poor media coverage and presence have you invested in? Or planning to? Just wondering whether that loyalty has any ground

What is meant by "poor" here, by the way? For instance, I'm looking closely at the Medium blog and personal pages of the keynote people in an ICO, but I won't be hooked for a large telegram community - so many dummies here put by the nifty promoters.
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:30:28 AM

And how many tokens are allocated for advisors and will they be vested?

Here is a quote from btcapparel about that:

How many tokens will be distributed to advisors and bounty compaign?

2.5% of the aggregate token number to Advisors, 2.5% to Bounty. The aggregate number will depend on the number of tokens sold (as it's limited in time, not in amount).

Tokens sold during the ICO = 60% of the aggregate token supply

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2961359.msg33209447#msg33209447.

So once the number of tokens sold during the ICO is known, let it be n, the advisors will have 2.5% of (100*n)/60.

hey, not everyone on this forum actually reads the whole thread, so I'd take it easy if I were you Smiley I am now wondering if you are from the Market Space team too  Cheesy

I wasn't actually implying to read the whole thread Wink, I was simply pointing to the answer that was given by OP instead of repeating it, I guess I'm taking it quite easy Smiley. And I'm not from the team, just hanging around.

bulldogtattoo

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:09:31 AM

saw you in the STORJ thread. I wonder why don't you stick to one token
As they say that going to develop the market itself
bulldogtattoo

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:11:50 AM

And how many tokens are allocated for advisors and will they be vested?

Here is a quote from btcapparel about that:

How many tokens will be distributed to advisors and bounty compaign?

2.5% of the aggregate token number to Advisors, 2.5% to Bounty. The aggregate number will depend on the number of tokens sold (as it's limited in time, not in amount).

Tokens sold during the ICO = 60% of the aggregate token supply

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2961359.msg33209447#msg33209447.

So once the number of tokens sold during the ICO is known, let it be n, the advisors will have 2.5% of (100*n)/60.

hey, not everyone on this forum actually reads the whole thread, so I'd take it easy if I were you Smiley I am now wondering if you are from the Market Space team too  Cheesy

I wasn't actually implying to read the whole thread Wink, I was simply pointing to the answer that was given by OP instead of repeating it, I guess I'm taking it quite easy Smiley. And I'm not from the team, just hanging around.

I actually saw a lot of your messages in this thread. What do you personally think about this project in general?
apmapm12

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:24:52 AM

Quite a lot of countries mentioned here. Others are just asking to confirm you are not from China or the USA. Quite a bothering trend - to know that all these countries reject ICOs and crypto or stigmatize them as "illegal"

The rumour has it that 80% of ICOs are scamful, that's why they are prohibiting. I even came across such a "study" recently.

Another thing is that no one wants to analyze the projects and put some efforts to getting the details. It's much easier to blame the project you invested in that acknowledge that it is actually you who bears all the responsibility for investing.

Sorry for digressing in this thread, it's just a very painful topic for me
Yeah, i read this article too. They picked the ICOs that had a minimum market cap of $50M and were expected to go into active trading and categorized them into six different groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, and Successful.The study results reveal that of the whole pie, a whopping 81 percent of the ICOs turned out to be scams. Another 6 percent fell into the Failed category, and 5 percent had Gone Dead, taking the total for “Failure to List” group to 92 percent.
serjio

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:32:16 AM

Quite a lot of countries mentioned here. Others are just asking to confirm you are not from China or the USA. Quite a bothering trend - to know that all these countries reject ICOs and crypto or stigmatize them as "illegal"

The rumour has it that 80% of ICOs are scamful, that's why they are prohibiting. I even came across such a "study" recently.

Another thing is that no one wants to analyze the projects and put some efforts to getting the details. It's much easier to blame the project you invested in that acknowledge that it is actually you who bears all the responsibility for investing.

Yeah, i read this article too. They picked the ICOs that had a minimum market cap of $50M and were expected to go into active trading and categorized them into six different groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, and Successful.The study results reveal that of the whole pie, a whopping 81 percent of the ICOs turned out to be scams. Another 6 percent fell into the Failed category, and 5 percent had Gone Dead, taking the total for “Failure to List” group to 92 percent.
And despite all these negative and depressing statistics we're still participating in ICOs, 'couse we trully believe in these 8% Smiley Grin
i82blikeu

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:49:40 AM

And despite all these negative and depressing statistics we're still participating in ICOs, 'couse we trully believe in these 8% Smiley Grin

Sorry to intrude, but how to spot a great ICO and avoid scam?
aryan7980

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:00:12 AM

I think one of the most obvious red flags is the lack of detail on how the technology works. So check the WP
And don't worry you need not be a technical geek in order to distinguish real from fake one. You just need to be attentive
Bitcoin Marketinging

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:02:50 AM

Invest wisely and just invest in some amount you can afford to lose. This is a gambling world, your plane can either go to the moon or hit the ground hard, that's it.
ccczarek123

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:12:12 AM

I think one of the most obvious red flags is the lack of detail on how the technology works. So check the WP
And don't worry you need not be a technical geek in order to distinguish real from fake one. You just need to be attentive

Agree!
From my pt of view, reading, not skimming, the white paper of the ICO is the most effective and easy way to check out whether it's a scam. Be patient if you don't want to be cheated.
melsell1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:19:03 AM

saw you in the STORJ thread. I wonder why don't you stick to one token
Here is the explanation of their CEO, if interested
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/ico-updates-sia-storj-alexander-rakhmanov/
hazenyc

Activity: 668
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:21:20 AM

I don't want to enter a discussion, as it would be off topic in this thread, and quite time taking. I'd only say that it's rather naive to think that not having a MVP + making very rare updates can result in delivered promises. Again, it's all my humble opinion

I like the recent development in the ICO space that it is not so easy anymore to raise a fortune with just a white paper and mediocre communication. It becomes more selective step by step, which is a good thing.
Ireson

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:44:19 AM

Hi devs! When are u going to distribute bounty rewards?
akramali

Activity: 145

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:48:56 AM

There are sooooo many articles and threads about this man
choose any
Abbie Hoffman

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:53:36 AM

Unfortunately where there is money, there will be scams.
I-Love-BTCD

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:25:05 AM

Hi guys! How are you doing? Smiley How about bonuses? Will I have any bonuses if I buy tokens during the first week of sales?
Hello!
It's all fine, thank you!

Yes, sure we have special offers during the ICO include the following:
— 25% bonus for tokens bought within the first 24 hours
— 15% bonus for tokens bought within 10 days starting from the 2nd day of the ICO
— 10% bonus for tokens bought within 14 days starting from 12th day of the ICO

How can u ensure investors that bought tokens with 25% discount not to sell tokens immidiately after the excahnge listing?

I'm also worried that these users will dump all their tokens immidiately after listing. any plans how to stop this??
It depends if you're long-term or short-term investor.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:45:46 AM

The one thing I really don't like and don't understand in ICObench is rating. There are several of so-called "experts" who have no idea about the tech behind blockchain and ICO. So they review projects and making grades for each project, but some of this experts are obviously don't know what these projects are about.

Yeah, this rating system is ridiculous, some great projects has 3.5-3.8 rankings

As for my opinion, every "expert" should be forced to describe his grades and leave a comment, so people can research and follow opinions not just the numbers.
I do agree with you guys, there should be a kind of explanation or the way to discuss ay least, but both of those experts haven't answered on LinkedIn.
But don't you worry, ICObench rating is one of preliminary ratings and having 5.0 is much more suspicious than say 3.8 or 4.3 as it's a result of some work done.
The final mark comes from the market anyway )

They have also been bad with their ratings at times when high quality of the project was very obvious. In that case they probably did an independent rating. Question remains whether they take money from some projects or not but I doubt that we will ever find out.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: