Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:56:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO is complete!] Market.space - Decentralized Host Aggregator  (Read 6879 times)
btcapparel (OP)

Activity: 568
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:58:26 PM

Maybe someone can clear this up for me (I think this question has been asked over and over again in every thread regarding every ICO) – what's the difference between your project and all the others? Like, what's your main selling point here?

Hi. If you take other decentralized storage projects like Sia, Storj, Geens, the main difference is that we engage hosting professionals while they rely on ordinary PCs, laptops or other devices that are not made for 24/7 work and high load. This approach allows us to deliver a way more reliable storage.

The unfettered marketplace where customers and contractors (hosts, proxies, miners, insurers etc) interact underpins affordability. For example, if you are a host who just entered the system, you are free to charge zero or close to zero fee just to earn some rate, which is hardly allowed in other systems
hazenyc

Activity: 668
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:42:08 PM

I didn't know that and it is also impossible to verify whether they are independent or not. We all know how the three big ratings agencies did their job right before the financial crisis Wink They claimed to be independent, but obviously they weren't.

The one thing I really don't like and don't understand in ICObench is rating. There are several of so-called "experts" who have no idea about the tech behind blockchain and ICO. So they review projects and making grades for each project, but some of this experts are obviously don't know what these projects are about.

Yeah, this rating system is ridiculous, some great projects has 3.5-3.8 rankings

As for my opinion, every "expert" should be forced to describe his grades and leave a comment, so people can research and follow opinions not just the numbers.
I do agree with you guys, there should be a kind of explanation or the way to discuss ay least, but both of those experts haven't answered on LinkedIn.
But don't you worry, ICObench rating is one of preliminary ratings and having 5.0 is much more suspicious than say 3.8 or 4.3 as it's a result of some work done.
The final mark comes from the market anyway )

They have also been bad with their ratings at times when high quality of the project was very obvious. In that case they probably did an independent rating. Question remains whether they take money from some projects or not but I doubt that we will ever find out.

Definitely questionable and the biggest issue is that you should always assume they bought the coins they are talking positively about to then sell them after you read their ratings. Not very good.
I personally look through some sites with ratings from time to time. But I don't completely focus on them because not all ICOs with high ratings are guaranteed to be successful.  I rely more on the team, the telegram, wp and so on

Team is everything as I learned from my experience. If you can meet them face to face that is the best situation as you can see in real time whether they are able to answer questions and provide explanations about their project without any hassle.
Agree
It's always better to communicate with someone personally, in any field. Unfortunately that was not always possible

That is to some degree the disadvantage of global fundraising through ICOs. There is no face to face conversation with the teams anymore and that is why you should at least demand a video  conference if you are about to invest a large amount of money.
I think a video about team, about their experience, thoughts, vision of poject would also be nice

Maybe they recognize this and do it. And beforehand collect some questions from the community and answer them.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:40:49 PM

I didn't know that and it is also impossible to verify whether they are independent or not. We all know how the three big ratings agencies did their job right before the financial crisis Wink They claimed to be independent, but obviously they weren't.

The one thing I really don't like and don't understand in ICObench is rating. There are several of so-called "experts" who have no idea about the tech behind blockchain and ICO. So they review projects and making grades for each project, but some of this experts are obviously don't know what these projects are about.

Yeah, this rating system is ridiculous, some great projects has 3.5-3.8 rankings

As for my opinion, every "expert" should be forced to describe his grades and leave a comment, so people can research and follow opinions not just the numbers.
I do agree with you guys, there should be a kind of explanation or the way to discuss ay least, but both of those experts haven't answered on LinkedIn.
But don't you worry, ICObench rating is one of preliminary ratings and having 5.0 is much more suspicious than say 3.8 or 4.3 as it's a result of some work done.
The final mark comes from the market anyway )

They have also been bad with their ratings at times when high quality of the project was very obvious. In that case they probably did an independent rating. Question remains whether they take money from some projects or not but I doubt that we will ever find out.

Definitely questionable and the biggest issue is that you should always assume they bought the coins they are talking positively about to then sell them after you read their ratings. Not very good.
I personally look through some sites with ratings from time to time. But I don't completely focus on them because not all ICOs with high ratings are guaranteed to be successful.  I rely more on the team, the telegram, wp and so on

Team is everything as I learned from my experience. If you can meet them face to face that is the best situation as you can see in real time whether they are able to answer questions and provide explanations about their project without any hassle.
Agree
It's always better to communicate with someone personally, in any field. Unfortunately that was not always possible

That is to some degree the disadvantage of global fundraising through ICOs. There is no face to face conversation with the teams anymore and that is why you should at least demand a video  conference if you are about to invest a large amount of money.
I think a video about team, about their experience, thoughts, vision of poject would also be nice

Maybe they recognize this and do it. And beforehand collect some questions from the community and answer them.

Sure so something like Q&A or AMA style on a live stream would be the best option to get the most out of a conversation between the community and the team.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:08:15 PM

Please just quote the part that you are replying to. Over quoting just clogs up the thread and makes it difficult to read and follow, and nobody reads all the quoted posts anyway.

btcapparel (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:28:45 PM

Please just quote the part that you are replying to. Over quoting just clogs up the thread and makes it difficult to read and follow, and nobody reads all the quoted posts anyway.
Hi!
Reasonable, but sometimes it's important to know what the dialogue started with.
kaicrypzen

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:11:16 PM

Hi!
Reasonable, but sometimes it's important to know what the dialogue started with.

I agree that it's important to know what started the dialogue but when someone quotes 13 posts, something is definitely wrong. Especially when the last handful of messages are the same quotes over and over again. I'm not reading them and I assume that a lot of people are not reading them either (maybe I'm wrong). A common ground should be found between trying to make what started the dialogue visible and quoting everything without a second thought.

pat25

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:13:17 PM

Don´t you think that your soft cap is pretty high? You already raised $3 mln, but you have to raise another $12 mln, it seems impossible Sad
bulldogtattoo

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:10:59 PM

Hi!

I agree that it's important to know what started the dialogue but when someone quotes 13 posts, something is definitely wrong. Especially when the last handful of messages are the same quotes over and over again. I'm not reading them and I assume that a lot of people are not reading them either (maybe I'm wrong). A common ground should be found between trying to make what started the dialogue visible and quoting everything without a second thought.
I actually read quotes...I mean its better than to read and scroll all thread
kaicrypzen

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:21:24 PM

... when someone quotes 13 posts, something is definitely wrong. Especially when the last handful of messages are the same quotes over and over again. I'm not reading them and I assume that a lot of people are not reading them either (maybe I'm wrong) ...

I actually read quotes...I mean its better than to read and scroll all thread

I also read quotes, just not when there are more than ten of them in four almost consecutive posts.

SeanL9941

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:50:41 PM

Don´t you think that your soft cap is pretty high? You already raised $3 mln, but you have to raise another $12 mln, it seems impossible Sad
I have the same worries actually
shema65

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:12:07 PM

Hi! Can you give me a link to one page?
kaicrypzen

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:21:29 AM

I have the same worries actually

Hello devs! How are you doing? As I can see you are too far form the soft cap...so what are your plans?

In a previous post, btcapparel said they will ask the community to vote for either extending the ICO period or getting a refund. Here it is: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2961359.msg36208190#msg36208190:

If the raised sum is gonna be quite close to the soft cap we'll launch a voting among our community.
Also we may consider on extending of the ICO period.

Voting to launch the project anyway or to refund the participants? Or do you mean something else?
Is a refund and not launching the project a possibility if the soft cap is not reached, or in other terms, what is the soft cap actually for?

I mean voting for either extention of ICO period to reach the soft cap or refund.
Launching of the project is the most important thing. And yes, say we've raised $14.5M, there would one more voting probably.

btcapparel (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:40:51 AM

Hi. We justified all our expenses in White Paper, sections 7 and 8, to be precise. You-re right, the paces of fund raising is slower than we expected. We're currently reviewing our strategy and will come up with some practical solutions pretty soon
Haven7

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:35:55 PM

When my funds will be added to my account balance?
Mine were displayed after an hour
What payment method did you use?
Makleyhill

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:33:33 PM

Quick Thoughts On Cryptocurrency Market
https://medium.com/@Market_space_/quick-thoughts-on-cryptocurrency-market-c2ea4addc226

And The Ups And Downs It May Hold
Cryptocurrencies have never been far away from the headlines over the recent year, and the hype about them doesn’t seem to die down any time soon. So what has been happening on the market of late and what is the coming time hold in store for the cryptos?

One of the pre-dominant features of the cryptocurrencies market is its volatility — some of the highest, as compared to other finance spheres. This is mainly due to the relative novelty of the topic itself — cryptocurrencies are a different kind of financial instruments than are assets, currencies, and collectibles all at the same time. Arising from a sphere that is initially not finance, they have little connection and codependency with the good old global financial system. That is another factor that makes the market unstable.

We’ve seen Bitcoin rise and fall dramatically over the recent years. But the global value of this most established cryptocurrency is only about 43 billion dollars. If Bitcoin is to crash totally, it will have more of a social impact than financial. Sure, some people will lose money, others might go to jail, but if or when this bubble pops, nothing global like the transatlantic crisis after the fall of CDOs in 2007–2008 will take place. So far. Steps influential governments take to regulate cryptocurrencies are yet still either cautious or prohibiting. All these factors stand as reasons why the events on the crypto market are usually tumultuous and at a scale that would devastate the global economy if they were to happen to established financial structures.

Let’s look at some numbers. At the beginning of 2017, the estimated volume of the global cryptomarket was about $18B, with Bitcoin having an 87% share in this. By the beginning of 2018, this changed to almost $600B, which is more than 3000% rise. Bitcoin’s piece of the pie reduced to 37% in June 2017 and then went slightly up again in December. We could definitely say that 2017 has been a year for altcoins.

So far the pattern is, that all the major coins, such as Ether, Cardano, Litecoin, Monero and some others are following Bitcoin in their rises and falls, with Monero having a slightly more independent graph. But this demonstrates that although there’s very little interdependency between cryptocurrencies and other global financial instruments so the crash of one will have little effect on others, cryptocurrencies themselves are extremely correlated. Which is not a good sign for them.

When asked about the future of Bitcoin and other existing cryptocurrencies, most analysts are skeptical. Goldman Sachs’ Steve Strongin predicts most cryptocurrencies falling to zero, not unlike dotcom bubble of the late 90s. Nouriel Robini, the economist who predicted the 2008 crisis well ahead, calls Bitcoin ‘the mother of all bubbles’. Few analysts deny though, that even if cryptocurrency market were to collapse, there will emerge at least a few key players, like Google and Amazon were born from the dotcom crash, but fully transformed. Can we be looking at such players now? Bitcoin is the pioneer and all pioneers have technical limitations, so does BTC, with its low transaction rate and high cost, and low emission cap. Ether seems to have more potential, being a utility token at the same time and having quite a few co-dependent projects which are built upon it. Telegram’s TON has been announced and Telegram’s ICO has already beat the current ICO record by a several times, and TON’s plans sound very ambitions, this seems to be the coin that may just pose an alternative for existing exchange systems, such as Visa and Mastercard.

Many view this as exciting news but also as a potential threat. Cryptomarket is developing much faster than adjustments in government regulations are introduced. Incoming of such a player is referred by many as a potential cause for uncontrolled trade, rise of black markets and grand-scale money laundering. Some even speculate that this was the actual cause behind Telegram’s ban in Russia.

However, as we have seen of late, governments are starting to turn a more friendly face towards cryptocurrencies, with South Korea leading the way in introducing more crypto-friendly policies. And even though Bitcoin has been destined to fall and crash by all and sundry in the world of business analytics, it has fallen and crashed and climbed back up and is still standing.
Still the trend for altcoins eating away at the market cap of the veterans like BTC and ETH is outlined quite clearly.
btcapparel (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:56:30 PM

I will consider this coin and will join the ICO launching. this project needs a trust escrow to keep funds or eth contract. I wish good luck to the developers and all participants of ICO!!!

Thanks for considering Market.space and voicing your concerns. Passing your feedback to the devs
vindermarch

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

simply getting the job done

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:59:45 PM

The first time looking at this project, I am sure that Market.space is a very promising project. From how to prepare the look in the thread, can be taken conclusion that the team will try as much as possible to get satisfactory results.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
btcapparel (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:56:20 AM

We would like to announce that we are extending the ICO period by 5 weeks (till June 30, 2018) so that we can focus on work with funds and private investors.

We understand that waiting for 5 more weeks may raise concerns, and we apologize for any inconveniences this may cause to you.

However, we believe that we are working towards a common goal – a new, professional approach to decentralized data storage, and we’ll be grateful for your patience, understanding and support.

The token allocation will be held within 2 weeks after the new closing date

We’ll be always here for you, keeping you updated about every step we take – as always.

You may find more details on our new course here
gerymakgyaer

Activity: 422
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:18:25 AM

Four Weeks Of The ICO Passed. What Now?

Market.space Launching A New Strategy

It’s been four weeks since the start of the ICO.
We’ve raised more than $3.2M so far with your help. Well done, you may note, but trivial calculations would suffice to say that we can hardly reach $15M soft cap moving at such a pace. We’ve recently heard quite a lot of concerns voiced as to the actions course in case we don’t reach soft cap. It’s high time we threw light on the new course of action we’re offering to our Community.

What went wrong?
We believe the main error was to jump straight to the token sale, omitting the private pre-sale round which 90% of projects do, and thus a whole bunch of work with private investors. The market is generally benevolent — we see that from the website analytics, community reactions and the feedback the project meets at the premier blockchain and crypto events.

We should have allocated more time for the token sale period. As we now see from the experiences of other projects (we mean large-scale ones, not these where $1M would suffice), more time is objectively required.

What next?
We are going to make up for this oversight and concentrate on cooperation with private investors and funds. We are inspired to see the interest already expressed by some of them, but we’ll need more time than the 2 weeks left in order to go through the due diligence and seal the agreements with them.

We would like to extend the ICO period for 5 more weeks during which we’ll be constantly keeping you updated on our progress.

What about my contribution?
It would be logical to assume that the aim of it was supporting our crusade for the new, professional data storage and getting hold of our tokens. We understand that it may look to you that things have got out of hand. We also understand that waiting 5 more weeks is quite a long time.

The truth is that we are simply performing a paradigm shift to reach our common goal. We are not going to disappear in the thin air — here the reputation of Rapidgator as an established file hosting company along with the good names of our team members are at stake. Therefore we ask for your patience and loyalty.

So will I get MASP tokens?
Absolutely! But later than you (and we) initially expected. Why not give you the tokens during the two weeks after May 27th? Because we won’t be able to reward our further supporters with these tokens then. That’s because we chose a model without a fixed supply. We would need to issue tokens again, and that would be another token, not MASP. Exchanging would be rather a confusing process for quite a lot of our clients, we believe.

What about Bounty participants?
The same goes for our Bounty participants. The more funds we raise, the bigger your stakes (and thus the amount of tokens you get) will be. We leave it up to you whether to quit our Bounty program on May 27th and give us some time to increase the weight of your stakes, or keep supporting us and earn more stakes.

https://medium.com/@Market_space_/four-weeks-of-the-ico-passed-what-now-76bf17d674d5
DeViL303

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

SESAME

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:47:27 AM

Greetings From Ivan Kurnavin, COO At Market.space
https://medium.com/@Market_space_/greetings-from-ivan-kurnavin-coo-at-market-space-10906ee9e637

On The Turning Point In Market.space’s Timeline And Changes On The Horizon

I am thrilled to have been appointed as Market.space COO. Not so long ago I started my work for Market.space as SMM & Community Manager and a few months later I was assigned new responsibilities as a Head of PR.

From now on, I’ll be in charge of overseeing Market.space strategy and business operations, taking some duties off of Alexander Rakhmanov, our CEO. I will concentrate on brand strategy and forging partnerships. The latter is especially crucial in the light of the new course we’ve recently set our sights on.

However idealistic or trivial it sounds, I believe the future is decentralized. That’s not the last reason why I’ve been putting all my heart into the Market.space project so far, and why I’m going to get down to it even with grittier determination, all that for bringing to life the reinvented data storage — handled by professionals, yet fully unbridled.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: