Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:07:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 [507] 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:51:01 PM

anyways, as minerpart spams this thread with shit I'm supposed to care about, I'm looking forward to watching this company crumble to the ground.  Burn baby, burn.   Cheesy

Again, your sole intention is to destroy this company. I warned you several times that stating that was your sole intention was unwise, but you have again said your motive is to destroy this legitimate business.

That's all I needed from you. Thanks for the repeated confirmation.

k what?  I couldn't hear that last blah you said

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EduardoDeCastro

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:53:33 PM

...this legitimate business.

http://s16.postimg.org/5noo6p085/Capture.jpg
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:56:06 PM

This is extremely serious for you. I would advise you not to try to belittle the situation as it's far bigger than this thread now.

Has your death threat been withdrawn yes or no?

Shit just got serious...

Again Smiley

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:30:10 PM

Who else is convinced miner part is 13-14??? He has absolutely zero knowledge of how our legal system works, what statements can be used in court, or how much of a fool he sounds like. It's just blah blah blah, I gotta agree with you on that ve.
babybonobo

Activity: 278

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:15:04 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 07:28:59 PM by babybonobo

I see that this thread has become an imageboard (go back to 4chan ya fools).  VE's death threats are very real and disturbing so I can't wait to see how that works out for the idiot.  Shit flies both ways.  The BTC securities community is hypersensitive to scams, and rightfully so...but to anybody reading this just understand that the most vocal people do not necessarily represent the majority of investors and you really need to make your own decision.  Most of these people are very emotional because they put WAY TOO MUCH of an investment into ACTM that they are now uncomfortable with...they are squirming and shitting their pants.  Obviously ACTM needs to step up with some results, but it is not the end of the road until it's the end of the road IMO.  I'll believe it when I see it.  Of course, I am comfortable with my investment and relative to my portfolio it's no big deal if I have to write this off as a loss.  That being said, I am not afraid and there is still potential here.  Y'all can come here and photos of cats and fires 20x a day if you want (LOL--how annoying), but I have a life and a pretty good understanding of the company beyond the FUD.  I'm moving to the more rational thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=462370.0

I've had people tell me that certain investments of mine in the past were crap (certain USD stocks) and in the same vile and destructive trollish manner as crumbs and VE.  I've since received massive gains on those investments.  There will always be the FUDsters, freakouts, pessimists and doubters...it's your job to sift through all the human waste.  I've invested in a company where people tried to say the CEO was a criminal, etc blahblahblah...I've since made more than 2x my initial investment and the company is doing great!  The FUDsters have seemed to have disappeared ever since.  Moral of the story is you can't trust any of these losers posting cat photos--trust yourself or you will be kicking yourself later.  Think about the type of character and immature mentality that gains satisfaction from spamming these annoying images every day and think about the time these people took to photoshop some of these things.  I cannot relate to these losers and/or boys.  Keep in mind that most of these people post FUD in other securities threads as well and it's just as demanding and vile.

The fact of the matter is that we don't have the necessary information to close this ACTM book for good.  You can freak out and assume and imagine all you want, but we simply do not know.  Very high risk, indeed...a near gamble at this point IMO.  I think the atmosphere will change soon, as most posters here live in micro-time, but until then the patient and rational investors must wait.

I must be so daft and dumb to be conned into this, huh?  Or I'm such a sock puppet for Ken, huh?  I've experienced the paranoia of this community first hand and it is mind boggling how paranoid some of these people are.  No need to reply to this post, I truly DO NOT value most of your opinions who post here anymore, with the exception of a few who probably know who they are.  I'm sure some of you will post why I am SOOOO WRONG and how now I'm going to be poor (mainline loves to assume how much others have invested).  Go ahead and waste more of your time posting bullshit photos and vitriol.  I know nothing I say will change your OPINIONS and nothing you say will change the FACTS.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 07:22:50 PM

...and realize that ALL OF YOU should be contacting the authorities and demanding ken refund your deposit value at the beginning...

*facepalm* The delusional powers are strong in you...

What part of what I said was delusional? The only delusional people are the ones who think this was a valid way to invest in a company and that they will be getting dividends, or own some actual shares of this company.

Now youre right again. You need a big portion of luck to make a profit with these kind of investments. And it doesnt look for me like that will be the case anymore. But its delusional to first invest in such a game and then to await that big papa government can make everything ok again by somehow making ken give all invested coins back. That wont ever happen. If at all one could await back a fraction of his investment. Ken most probably will never be able to create the amount of bitcoins to pay everything back on his own. So "demanding" sounds childish somehow. Like you only have to demand it with a strong voice and all bad things go away.

Sorry... you cant be realistic in judging this venture more as a gambling than an investment and at the same time dream that it somehow would be possible that ken can give back all coins now.

Guess what, demanding that you get your money back is just the first step in litigation. Slap yourself in the face a few more times to realize that I didn't think people actually will GET any money back. You have to ask to know of course.

Right. And how smart is it to inform the authorities now? You wrote to demand back all the invested money. That wont happen like you wrote already now. So whats the best move?

Again... it isnt to kill VMC now because most of the money is gone and invested already. It is not selling all shares becaus there arent enough buyers. So the only sane solution would be to hope that Ken will at least earn back most of the coins.
So all your suggested legal attack at this point is not the best solution from an investors view. Might be it will solve your revenge wishes but your wallet wont be happy... if youre an investor at all.

Though i think i wrote that often enough already...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
EduardoDeCastro

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:30:45 PM

[going apeshit]

I resent your suggestion that I may have anything invested in this failscam.  Even a monkey would know enough to keep away from "...a virtual identity totally owned by the Active Mining Corporation (Belize) that represents both itself and its profits."
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:42:34 PM

Has anyone compiled a list of all the death threats and slander done by VE?
brianpbaker

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:45:14 PM

Hello, is it likely we will be trading before the chips arrive in April?

I won't have an answer to that question until I meet with my securities lawyer.

I can't believe everyone is busy lobbing turds at each other while this is being overlooked.  until we have access to our shares, literally no one in this thread has anything except Ken.  I can't access my shares to sell or collect any imaginary dividends that might be paid out.  We're told Crypto-Trade will be up and running soon, then ActM gets listed on CT but we still don't have OUR shares there, only Ukyo's that Ken is trying to sell cheap.  We're told it's just a matter of getting the transfer script running so the shares can be logged on CT.  Now's it seems that it MIGHT be April at the earliest that we can have access to our shares, and you guys are busy beating each other up over personal attacks and a product that may or may not ever even exist?

Who cares if the product exists or not if we can't even access our shares?  Are you going to get dividends paid to thin air?  Who are you going to divest your shares to if you think it's a scam now?  Forget about being scammed on product development, guys.  We all own NOTHING until we control our own shares again, and so far that seems to be the biggest hoodwink of all.  The Crypto-Trade transfer needs to happen YESTERDAY.  Pictures of vaporware are not worth getting upset over or excited over.  They affect none of us unless we control our shares.  As far as I can see, the only reason the transfer hasn't taken place is because Ken knows the trade price would instantly tank and make his company look like a sham and scare away any hope of even recouping costs, forget about turning a profit.

If anyone (particularly Ken) would care to clarify this delay, I would love to hear it.  Until then, I don't even understand why any of you are focused on product.  If you gave money to a company to make widgets and got a receipt promising you a portion of the revenue, what difference would it make how well the widgets performed if your ownership shares had disappeared into thin air?  Our "investments" only exist in Ken's head at this point.  Do you trust him to give them back to you?  I'm not too sure anymore.
EduardoDeCastro

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:46:16 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 10:51:42 PM by EduardoDeCastro

Right. And how smart is it to inform the authorities now? You wrote to demand back all the invested money. That wont happen like you wrote already now. So whats the best move?

Again... it isnt to kill VMC now because most of the money is gone and invested already. It is not selling all shares becaus there arent enough buyers. So the only sane solution would be to hope that Ken will at least earn back most of the coins.
So all your suggested legal attack at this point is not the best solution from an investors view. Might be it will solve your revenge wishes but your wallet wont be happy... if youre an investor at all.

Sebastian, the problem with your logic is it breeds thieves and scammers.
If your reasoning is sound, the only thing I'd have to do after stealing money from you is give you a hope of seeing some of it back.

People do not report murderers in hopes of raising the dead.  They do it to see murderers hang, to remind budding murderers that crimes have unpleasant consequences.
MilkyWayMasta

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:02:39 PM

Best thing to do now is wait until April and May to see if the chips come in. Not much else an investor can do.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
bromide

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:07:50 PM

Has anyone compiled a list of all the death threats and slander done by VE?

I have.  It is available in a richly illustrated, "red letter" E-dition, E-signed by the author, for .5 BTC.
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:24:54 PM

Hope? Hope is your plan?

Good luck with that.

Like eduardo said, letting them get away with it because you hope they might find a way to get you back pennies on your dollar lets the next batch of scammers and thieves come along and try it, because they know already how it will work out if they run away with the money.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 09:11:06 PM

Sebastian, the problem with your logic is it breeds thieves and scammers.
If your reasoning is sound, the only thing I'd have to do after stealing money from you is give you a hope of seeing some of it back.

People do not report murderers in hopes of raising the dead.  They do it to see murderers hang, to reminding budding murderers that crimes have unpleasant consequences.

Right... you only want revenge. You gave up hope already and youre convinced its a scam. Fine then sue. But most of the shareholders i know think this isnt a scam since eAsic is involved for sure. Only Ken screwed things a lot. That means we wont make riches anymore.

If this would be a scam you think it would matter if you sue him now or in 3 months? Explain why that would be. If i would be a scammer i would be gone with the bitcoins shortly after collecting them. I would have waited until i washed them and i would have made sure you cant catch me. So your sueing would be pointless. So when you sue him now you take advantage of the point that Ken is a real person and he most probably tried a real thing. Sorry... your behaviour doesnt make sense. I think youre so furious that you cant think calmly and beat around you in the hope things get better. Though that never helps.
I really would appreciate if people would be a little bit more levelheaded. You cant sue in months the same way like now. Ken wont run away... and when he really wanted to scam you can be sure that he already would be gone when you check this and try to sue him. Sorry... your argument makes no sense.

Hope? Hope is your plan?

Good luck with that.

Like eduardo said, letting them get away with it because you hope they might find a way to get you back pennies on your dollar lets the next batch of scammers and thieves come along and try it, because they know already how it will work out if they run away with the money.

The answer i gave above accounts for you too. Please be a little bit more levelheaded. Your fear of losing your bitcoins shouldnt lead to exactly that result. Crashing VMC with sueing VMC exactly would have this result. And THEN you would get pennies on your dollars. Or do you think Ken will somehow, after VMC is liquidated, be able to create back your bitcoins?

I really dont know what you guys think where youre bitcoins should come from. But i guess you dont even think about that. You are so furious that you want to do something and dont realize that this is the worse option.

Sueing ken doesnt run away. If he cant deliver in some months youre still able to sue him.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:24:53 PM

I know where my bitcoins come from, I mine them, and I sell products for them. Products which I actually deliver. I wouldn't send bitcoins, dollars, or monopoly money to a joke "investment" scheme like this in a million years. There are reasons for the regulations that are in place in this country, and hoping that this guy has some change of heart and decides to give a little back is a sorry excuse. You can't just hope for that to happen, when he isn't giving any answers and is already dealing with (supposedly) his lawyers.
hobbymd

Activity: 259

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:47:02 PM

same old crap is still going on here in this thread nothing has changed  Roll Eyes the usual mud throwing, accusations and the best of all the word "scam"  .
EduardoDeCastro

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:54:36 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 10:55:00 PM by EduardoDeCastro

Right... you only want revenge. You gave up hope already and youre convinced its a scam. Fine then sue. But most of the shareholders i know think this isnt a scam since eAsic is involved for sure. Only Ken screwed things a lot. That means we wont make riches anymore.

If this would be a scam you think it would matter if you sue him now or in 3 months? Explain why that would be.

As i said, I don't have any money directly riding on this.  After reading "...a virtual identity totally owned by the Active Mining Corporation (Belize) that represents both itself and its profits," all I could do was laugh.

But I am affected indirectly.  Things like this are catnip for mainstream press trying to paint Bitcoin as ridiculous playmoney, made to be stolen from greedy idiots by their marginally smarter peers.  I don't want bitcoin to be a laughingstock, regulated out of existence because the only visible use is lowbrow fraud.

I have no idea to what extent eAsic is involved, and neither do you.  What we can both agree on is that single press release has kept you guys chanting "but eAsic!" for half a year.  Ken is playing a long con.  As I said before, he plans for this thing to look like an honest, failed business after the dust settles.  That's why he did not run with the money.  Why run, when all it takes to appear legit is a small fraction of the take?

Regarding "what difference would the three month make":
What difference would yelling "Stop, Thief!" make three months after your pocket has been picked?

Stop pretending there's nothing you can do.  This is no different than not reporting a rape because "what will that solve?"

Here are two concrete things you can do:

1.  Report this.  You won't get a Satoshi back, but your money is gone either way.  Reporting scams will make Bitcoin less attractive for washed-up scammers.

2.  Next time Anon asks you for money, laugh instead of handing it over.  That's not investment or even gambling -- it's being a sucker.
ActM Thread

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:06:35 AM

Just to inform everyone that you can enjoy good discussions on all aspects of ACtM on the moderated thread. Please feel free to post there. Thanks all.

ACtM shareholders.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:27:05 AM

I didn't see this posted in this thread, so I'll crosspost it from the other one.

The specs on the 55nm ASIC have been updated.
AVAILABLE FOR PREPAID PRE-ORDER ONLY

Pre-Order Fast-Hash-One 55nm Reel (3,500 Chips) +/- 1%.
BitLadder-55 Specifications:
Technology:  UMC Technology: 55 nm LP
Die size: Die size: 3.126 x 3.558 mm
Substrate package: 11 x 11 mm
Package type: QFN-132 with thermal pad
Design type: Routed for density and performance
Performance: 1.8 GH/s (active cooling), 1.7 GH/s (passive cooling)

Power Consumption (Est.) 4.8 W @ 455 MHz (*active cooling) 4.5 W @ 425 MHz (**passive cooling)

Performance design: 4 engines @ 455mhz nominal

Digitally programmable between 200 MHz and 480 MHz Hash performance

* "Active cooling" means a two Peltier elements (one on top of the chips, one on the underside of the PCB).
**"Passive cooling" means two fan-cooled heat sinks (one on top of the chips,one on the underside of the PCB).

Datasheet and open source design files and BOM coming soon.

Specs have gone from 1.9GH/s @ 2.5W to 1.7GH/s @ 4.5W.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:56:49 AM

Welp, you get fewer hashes, but moar watts.  Guess it all kind'a evens out, right?
Something like that.

Although I really do have to give Ken credit for updating the information prior to selling the chips rather than just waiting until the first samples come off the line. It's a bit of a tough pill for anyone who bought the Ukyo shares on CT, but at least any chip customers won't have a nasty shock in two months.
Pages: « 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 [507] 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: