Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:08:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Active Mining] The UNofficial Active Mining Discussion Thread [UNmoderated]  (Read 75840 times)
kslaughter

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 05:11:35 AM

I'll take your word for it.  I (think i) heard you're dealing with those, any idea what a 100-lot would cost?
Thanks. .
I've just seen them. We're doing a board design based on the HashFast chip, we aren't using their design and we're definitely not buying boards from them. It's more than a little disconcerting that they're selling boards to AMC/VMC that should have gone to people who ordered back in August or September.

We did not buy boards from hashfast, we had our own boards manufactured using hashfast reference design.  So, we did not take any boards away from hashfast's pre-order customers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:31:59 AM

I'll take your word for it.  I (think i) heard you're dealing with those, any idea what a 100-lot would cost?
Thanks. .
I've just seen them. We're doing a board design based on the HashFast chip, we aren't using their design and we're definitely not buying boards from them. It's more than a little disconcerting that they're selling boards to AMC/VMC that should have gone to people who ordered back in August or September.

We did not buy boards from hashfast, we had our own boards manufactured using hashfast reference design.  So, we did not take any boards away from hashfast's pre-order customers.

I think MrTeal should apologize for jumping to such conclusions.

Makes sense though, destroy your competition any way you can.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:01:52 AM

I think ken should apologize for the heaps of bullshit coming from VMC.

Boards and chips are still branded "fast-hash" even though they are just putting together and reselling hashfast hardware.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:12:28 AM

I think ken should apologize for the heaps of bullshit coming from VMC.

Boards and chips are still branded "fast-hash" even though they are just putting together and reselling hashfast hardware.

Ok I will apologize if Ken is lying.

Ken explicitly said he is building the boards based on Hashfast's reference design. Is this not the case?
jimmothy

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:15:59 AM

Ken explicitly said he is building the boards based on Hashfast's reference design. Is this not the case?

Its hashfasts board. He is only manufacturing it. Nothing on this miner aside from the strange looking heatsink is designed by vmc.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:20:02 AM

Its hashfasts board. He is only manufacturing it. Nothing on this miner aside from the strange looking heatsink is designed by vmc.

Yeah it's their design, but Ken is still producing the boards, which is what he said. However I interpreted MrTeal as saying that VMC is getting the boards from Hashfast before the pre-order customers, which is not the case.

Ken has said many times that he is using their reference design and building the boards himself.

I consider this good because it means whatever engineering company we are working with are competent and when it comes to building our own ASIC, we now have expertise in building boards.

It's a far better situation than just buying the entire lot from Hashfast where every component is marked up.
jimmothy

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:25:16 AM

His website has no mention of hashfast boards/chips. Only after prying the info from him it became clear.

You would never see msi attempt to sell an amd powered graphics card passed off as using their own chip.

Producing a miner using another companies chips/schematics does not prove they can competently make their own chip but at least they can put an asic together.

Still the deception/bullshit/incompetence thus far gives me little faith.
JimmyJazz

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:18:24 AM

Your really hurting, eh Jimmy boy.  Kiss
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:42:15 PM

All Ken-bashing aside, it's a step in the wrong direction.  Unless he can unload these things quick, this is typical "spend 1 coin today to mine 1/2 coin in a year."  Who knows, he could be a great salesman, though.  If he really flip these, he might ... nah.  It's still Ken.  

Anyhow, the TL;DR:  After a year spent learning that he could not design a 48, then 28, then 55nm ASICs, and botching every board he claimed to develop, this ASIC pioneer settled into ... reselling these babies from HashFast:

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:03:44 PM

Thanks. .

That is good to hear, though I don't understand why you'd only do a run of 200 boards. Wouldn't it have been more efficient to make more in a batch?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:18:37 PM

Thanks. .

That is good to hear, though I don't understand why you'd only do a run of 200 boards. Wouldn't it have been more efficient to make more in a batch?

200 boards is a pretty sizable 'bullet run' and is about 100TH

while it sucks its not a unique design, it at least shows that:
1) ken has capital still
2) ken actually is capable of having a design fabricated
3) the profits might be small, but it at least gets something mining

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
theMiracle

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:59:22 PM

200 boards is a pretty sizable 'bullet run' and is about 100TH

Well no.  Where did you get such a notion?  Who does that?  This is what needs to be set up, just to be taken offline after 200 boards?

1) ken has capital still

apparently just enough for your "bullet run."

Taking a reference design and having it fabricated by a contractor?  Mad skillz Roll Eyes

Paying 1 coin today to mine half a coin in a year is not profitable.
lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:08:17 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 04:00:00 AM by lobbes

1) ken has capital still

It does give me a bit of hope. If Ken can nail down the manufacturing process, and eventually develops his own ActM 28nm chip... well...

But even in that instance, it means nothing if investors don't have access to shares/dividends. I am still unsettled that people can still buy into the inflated prices on CT but the original investors cannot trade at all. Ken has not addressed this, as far as I can tell (I may be wrong about this).

My lawyer has just responded to the MSD with the information they requested.  I think that due to the couterparty risk with these bitcoin exchanges, that we will be using colored coins.  CC is getting very close to being usable.  I do want to get everyone where they can trade; however, I need to consult with my lawyer before doing anything.

So why haven't you frozen trading on CT so at least all shareholders are in the same position - it is ridiculous to allow some shareholders to trade and not others. Either halt trading for all on CT or get everyone trading there until such time as CC is ready.

NotLambchop

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:22:03 PM

... That was before any developments, when most were still calling this a scam! Interest must be 10fold that now that we actually are shipping miners.

So you could reasonably see 1Mill shares selling over a few days now...

A company that raised millions to design an ASIC and build miners ends up reselling trying to resell 200 HashFast boards.  After a week of trying, sells 8.
CEO under investigation for securities fraud.
"Shareholders" can't access their shares.
Amazing company!
Such wow.
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:51:52 PM

Marcel/aka lambchop you objectionable sad little man here are the facts for your small brain:

18 miners sold this week at a price of $2,000 each.   18x2,000x365 = 13,140,000
(there are 365 days in a year and 52 weeks)

So that's an annual turn-over of over $13 Million dollars - from a side project of ACtM's.

Go back to your cave Troll-boy.  Cheesy
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:15:30 PM

I take it I'm no longer Eduardo deCastro?  But hey, you're right -- 18 boards sold in a week!
But your math's a bit off -- in a desperate bid for bux, Ken cut the price from 3k to 2k to:
$1,499 On the first unit ordered, Limit of 5 orders per customer.

Hurrah! Cheesy
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:29:40 PM

Marcel/aka lambchop you objectionable sad little man here are the facts for your small brain:

18 miners sold this week at a price of $2,000 each.   18x2,000x365 = 13,140,000
(there are 365 days in a year and 52 weeks)

So that's an annual turn-over of over $13 Million dollars - from a side project of ACtM's.

Go back to your cave Troll-boy.  Cheesy

sorry what? Why did you multiply the weekly sales by the number of days in a year and not number of weeks? Here's the real number you were trying to get:
18*$1,500*52 = $1,404,000.

Thats about 1/10th of your estimate

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:32:46 PM

lol yeah, I done that.  Cheesy

Let's see what sales are after 2 or 3 weeks. There was no PR and no advertising in week 1 so 18 sales from a company that have had months of bad press is par for the course.
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:40:41 PM

sorry what? Why did you multiply the weekly sales by the number of days in a year and not number of weeks? ...

Because learnings Cool
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:44:04 PM

I take it I'm no longer Eduardo deCastro?

What do you mean?

I never said I thought NotLabchop was Eduardo de Castro. I said I thought Crumbs was Eduardo de Castro. So you have just confirmed you are Crumbs.

Marcel you are a cunt. The way you behave I'm sure that will be written on your grave-stone.

Apologies to Eduardo, he's not a bad man after all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: