Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:47:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term vs. short term investing  (Read 2197 times)
kdiag

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:52:21 PM

I like the short term investment, it's like gambling, you can lose most or significantly increase profits.
For a long time you can invest if there is no need to spend, but I would still try to fix part of the profits periodically.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paykal5

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:23:55 PM

In long term investment that has a higher probability of Maximizing  your return over a 10 years period. Example of long term investment vehicles include stocks and index funds.
A short term investment is an investment is an investment you expect to hold for 3 years or less than sell and/or convert to cash.Example of short term investments include Money market funds.
Long term investment are more suitable for investors looking to save for a long term goal such as Retirement. short term investment to being referred to as "day traders".
thaitea.deluxe

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:32:09 PM

both long term and short term investing have advantages.
if you invest in short term, you will get not much, but if long term, it is highly possible you will get much more profit.
ekaterinastrelnikova505

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:50:30 PM

Long-term investments are invested for a period of three or more years, short-term investments for a period of one year. Effective management of all areas of the enterprise ensures successful development
MakLampir

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:53:06 PM

trade and investment are different, you must understand this before starting your investment.
both do have the same substance are similar but both have differences. so decide first, you want to invest or trade.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:26:39 PM

I like the short term investment, it's like gambling, you can lose most or significantly increase profits.
For a long time you can invest if there is no need to spend, but I would still try to fix part of the profits periodically.
I am not sure how you will be loosing unless you come up with a solution to sell off the coins at a loss,no one will do that but there are people that would sell off their coins fearing bigger losses,there is nothing to worry if you have invested in a good coin,you will always end up in a profit,i opt for long term profit than short term.
simongoat

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:45:22 PM

Unless you've got all day, everyday to do research and read chart plus have nerves of steel I'd play with a small bit of trading and keep most of it for the long term.

kryptogadget

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:39:17 PM

Any experienced investor would go for both. They put big amount in long-term investment and some semi-liquid short-term investment for - you know, people neds cahs sometimes for unexpected reasons.

i totally agree - i would do it the same way Smiley
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:42:24 PM

Hello my dear Bitcoin brothers.

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.

If you're looking to day trade your crypto, you'll have to invest not just money but also your time. You always have to be on the look out for an amazing deal on crypto. Against long term however, you'll only reap the benefits once you invest high enough and holf long enough.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:43:37 PM

If you have the experience and time for day/night trading so do both,keep some for long term investment and use some for trading which might be more profitable than just holding or trading.Holding is the best option for any new person who is just started to invest in crypto currency while trading for experienced veteran.
rainezerr

Activity: 378

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:45:37 PM

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.
Short-term trading in bitcoins can yield more revenue in a short period of time, but it is risky. It's hard to predict the price of bitcoin, and if you do a short-term deal, you might get more revenue, but it's also risky.

There are two types of coin which you can hold for long term or short term but in my own opinion, bitcoin is good for long term since the prices in the market is volatile and ethereum is good for short term investment because the value is slowly growing as the time goes by.

karman383

Activity: 384

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:50:20 PM

Decision to choose long term or short term investing depends fully on investors. When they want to get high profit mostly they hold for several months even year then sell to take profit.But those who don' t have much money tend to invest in short term.It aims at minimizing risk they can get profit in small amount step by step.
UnrealisticprofiT

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:50:55 PM

Thank you fellas.

I do prefer long term as the short term investment are attached to high risks.
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:53:41 PM

Thank you fellas.

I hold some cheaper coins in my wallet I buy it in a very low price but until I can't see to increase the price in the coinmarket, but hoping someday I got profits, because patience is very important as a holder  become get success, day trading is my full time job in the world of crypto I got profits for my daily trades and remember trading a have a risk if you  lack of knowledge, I think both i think both are profitable.

Radio-Active

Activity: 523
Merit: 10

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:22:40 AM

bitcoin is a long term investment. you can look from bitcoin price past years.
if you just invest it for short time, i don't think you will earn a decent amount of bitcoins.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Fairy_90

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:35:03 AM

Long-term or short-term investment, depending on the capital as well as the ability to see the market of each person. If your financial capacity is plentiful, you should invest long-term for BTC, If you have to turn around capital, you should consider carefully, choose the time, when the price lower BTC buy, and when Make the right choice for you, you should sell them. But in my opinion, BTC investment should be long-term investment, because its profitability is attractive.
glaciercapital

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:44:11 AM

Long term vs. short term ? The profitable is sort term because we can earn profit fast, but this needs trading good trading skills, analysis also patient and etc. Not all people can do this, but if you skill bad long term is solution but make sure you hold major coin like bitcoin, ethreum, litecoin, And etc

Yes short term trading can be very profitable, however it is important that you are also capturing the long term trend. I find the best strategy is to have a long term investment portfolio and a smaller trading portfolio to capture both.

zhangxie29152784

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 04:53:21 AM

Thank you fellas.

For the block chain currency such as bitcoin, the basic attitude is that it can be held for a short period of time, and the higher the price, the more it can be held in the short term.

In a long-term investment, you will see how long the investment risk is very high, you must maintain courage and continue to focus on the coin market cap. You will receive rewards beyond your expectations.
CAPT.DEADPOOL

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

PHORE

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:56:21 AM

longterm is the most beautiful way to make sure you earn really and are also risky if you are short term if you are not a good trader you can lose even how much your investment

Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:06:08 AM

Thank you fellas.

in every case trading for crypto is not always the same.
this is the difference between crypto and trading trade like forex.
you can do in a long-term or short way. depending on the current situation you are facing. so the point. knowledge and experience plays an important role over everything you will do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: