Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:33:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term vs. short term investing  (Read 2197 times)
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:49:28 PM

Day trading could be profitable for you but it's not an investment. It's more a gambling. For me investing - when you buy some coin and wait some months until devs realise some apps or improve coin technology...
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bytomboy1234

Activity: 145
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:42:39 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2018, 03:41:59 PM by bytomboy1234

Hello my dear Bitcoin brothers.

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

Investing on bitcoin for now i think you can go for long term as you can see bitcoin price now are getting lower and it's better to hold it for a long term.And also for altcoins invest for a long term.
Yeah in the case of bitcoin i have experienced both but personally i believe long term investing is good. It helps me a lot and I profit a lot when the bitcoin value goes up to the 20,000$ mark. Less hassle in long term investing but just invest only a small amount because bitcoin is unpredictable, it's value may go up or down so, that's why i always prefer to hold for long term because chances of risk are you in long term.
saqibmunir

Activity: 267
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:45:18 AM

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

Investing on bitcoin for now i think you can go for long term as you can see bitcoin price now are getting lower and it's better to hold it for a long term.And also for altcoins invest for a long term.
I personally believe both are profitable but it actually depends on your availability to handle the type of investment. For example, if you'd go for short term trading of course you must have all the time you need to check on your coins compared to long term trading wherein you just set a certain month on when you will check back your coins if you gained profit or not.
wakeofgod

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:47:15 AM

Long term  and short term investment can be both profitable if u have knowledge when u enter this crypto market
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:48:51 AM

Long term investing in bitcoin is sort of like buying then forgetting about it. You don't need to constantly check the price and worry about it dropping. It's much more relaxing compared to investing short term. If you're willing to go in for the long term then the long term investing is always better.
You have a point, actually it is really easy doing long term investment than short term investing because all you need to do is wait for it to rise and also you need to set the price you want to achieve before selling. Unlike with short term where in you keep an eye on the market everytime to take a look whether it has gone up or down and worry everyday about your profit.
Blessed J

Activity: 178

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:50:31 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 12:32:52 PM by Blessed J

Well i believe that both long term and short term investments are good. What i usually do is i reserve some part of my investment for short term investment and some for long term investments. It is always good that way since you are not likely to miss any of the opportunities that come with either the long term or the short term investments.
donmase

Activity: 91

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:05:41 AM

Long term  and short term investment can be both profitable if u have knowledge when u enter this crypto market
Not that simply, i think you have to point out which is the advantage if you're going with short-term investment or long-term investment because you can't make a choice if you don't know which one is more fitable with you than another.
Sometimes , little confuses give people a mistake that they wish they never made....
zafaryaqoob

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:22:50 AM

There is not rocket since to understand, For good profit, we should in In Bitcoin Short term or long term, Absolutely For Good profit, we should invest in Bitcoin For long-term That depends on Bitcoin Price Bitcoin make you rich in Short-term But if ut does not make you rich in Short-term so you can invest in that Currency For log term blive me if you invest in Bitcoin for 10 to 12 Mouth You have an opportunity to earn big profit.
khan149
Copper Member

Activity: 463
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:26:24 AM

My own opinion is that if you want to make a good profit without any thought, then you invest long term. Long-term investment is done to make bigger profit. Long-term investing is much better than short-term investing.
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:18:28 PM

if you want to get big profit but also big risk long term is a fixed choice, but if you want to get profit not too big but small risk, short term is the right choice for you and I personally prefer short term.

SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:34:47 PM

I always appreciate the long-term investment. Because long-term investment is more profitable than short-term investment. Short-term investment is also profitable if you can invest a huge money. But if you invest small money for the long term so you can make the huge profit than short-term investment. I do both. But my most of the investment for long term.
yj300316

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:28:52 PM

the short investment in bitcoin like, you buy some bitcoin with some price, then you sell it when the price increase a bit.
You will get profit, but not much. If you invest it for long term, i am sure you will get much more than this.

W E M A R K   ❱ ❱❱   https://www.wemark.com/
Blockchain-based marketplace for digital content
cepedacharles

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:33:03 PM

If you want a get big profit but also big risk long term is a fixed choice, but if you want to get profit not too big but small risk, choose short term choice for you and I personally prefer both because it is profitable if you invest huge money. But if you invest small money for the long term so you can make the huge profit than short-term investment.
oloveloveo

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty"

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:34:03 PM

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.

For me i always focus in long term benefits. So for investing my goal is not just to earn now and regret later.
All of us want to get a much higher returns but that depends on how you manage yourself and how much patience you have.
Theres a lot of new people in Cryptoworld that get panicked when the price of bitcoin suddenly drop and they sell their bitcoins.
Also there is someone who would be satisfied in just small amount.
But for me as long as i dont really need money, i will just let it in my wallet.
So my choice is long term. Just keep HODL'ing!!!

espiapogi1994

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:36:27 PM

Smiley
for the short term investing is better then why are you here to buy and sell that you know immediately how much you can earn compared to long term investing without assurance that the value of bitcoin  Wink
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 01:41:39 PM

In short term investing one is supposed to take quick actions according to the situation and since I am working for a full time job it is not possible for me so I go with long term investing as I can give enough time for research and invest as per the research without doing much care about the current situation. I am not comparing both the methods but I do believe that short term investing is not my cup of tea and hence I do find long term investing comfortable in most of the aspects.
mintomia199

Activity: 201

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:50:14 PM

If you have a good amount of capital then it will be better to do a short term investing.Short term invest has less profit and less risk.Those who have good amount of money then they can see their profit otherwise it will  be possible  Roll Eyes to see your profit from a small amount of investment.
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:55:05 PM

for me swing trading is more good than long term, why? because for me short term trading is best way to get profit, and make your heart being 'stronger' if you know what i mean, haha but its just work if you see the market every time and ready to sell and buy anytime, if you can't watch market every time i suggest you to long term investment, with 1 requirements you need big capital on long term investment to get big profit too

moneyangel

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:02:42 PM

During this bearish market, short term investment is more profitable than the long term. You just need to buy at the dip or the bottom price then sell once it goes higher than the buy price.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
AlexanderAnthony

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:17:45 PM

In my opinion both have their unique ways to earn and give you profits it depends on how you play your cards, I also learn some really good strategy from some investors that I also apply to my self. For me I prefer long term because I like to use this thing that I learn in school the compounding interest it's buying and holding an investment for a long term.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: