Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:45:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term vs. short term investing  (Read 2197 times)
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:25:45 PM

if you have small money and want to get some profit with fast way you can try the short term trading, in short trading you should watch the market everytime, and if you have the big amount of money and want to get some profit and dont want to see the market everytime you can choose long term investing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bdstar

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:28:38 PM

For me, Long-term investment should be better for the purpose of future that's why you have to take this opportunity on this platform. I think if you think for the future then long-term investment will bring you a mental peace regarding your daily life. That's why I always prefer long-term investment.
gtx1060aa

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:32:04 PM

In my opinion the short term investment is giving you hope for the good profit but in the long term the investment will give you sure profit and in the present time the crypto investment is very good i have personally invested in bitcoin in the last month of the last year and that time bitcoin were at peak due to which i received a good amount of money so i trying to make sure that now the altcoin market is also good and it is important for the altcoin to stay for the long term.
Bitcoin2009

Activity: 1050

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:09:03 PM

I prefer long-term investments, this is because I'm confident that the future of bitcoin will continue to improve and the number of users will continue to increase as more countries follow Japan that has legalized bitcoin.
soljal543

Activity: 163

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 04:11:32 PM

I prefer Long term investment to short term investment because long term usually gives huge profit
gabbiee

Activity: 167
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:18:06 PM

It is depend on the person. If they want a short term investment they should know that short term earn small profit but when it comes to long term investment like Bitcoin, there is a high chance that your investment grow by a huge percentage.

jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:55:01 PM

For me, it depends on the situation and the person. We all know that bitcoin’s price is fluctuating too much and that is one of the great ways some people take the advantage to buy bitcoin at a low amount and sell to their effective rate. But regarding investing you need to calculate if you can afford on both sides its either long term or short term, but I will choose both sides, 50% of my money is into long-term that I will buy bitcoin at a low amount and wait for an 80-100% profit. Another 50% of funds go into short-term that I will, buy bitcoin whatever its amount and keep investing, but I will still make a profit even its 3-5% only. Smiley 
longminh123

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:09:43 PM

For me, it depends on the situation and the person. We all know that bitcoin’s price is fluctuating too much and that is one of the great ways some people take the advantage to buy bitcoin at a low amount and sell to their effective rate. But regarding investing you need to calculate if you can afford on both sides its either long term or short term, but I will choose both sides, 50% of my money is into long-term that I will buy bitcoin at a low amount and wait for an 80-100% profit. Another 50% of funds go into short-term that I will, buy bitcoin whatever its amount and keep investing, but I will still make a profit even its 3-5% only. Smiley 
You have a very thorough investment strategy and I appreciate your strategy.
Few people can make an investment fund and strategies for their business. Most of the small traders are very lazy and they do not want to analyze too much. It made them headache and they disgusted it. You are one of the rare and I think you will succeed in the future.
Jaslinbor28

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:40:27 AM

People use different strategy to invest in a asset. Some people target to invest for a long period of time to achieve huge profit. But there is some people who wants to make profit shortly. I prefer first one.
xitrum

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:31:37 AM

Hello my dear Bitcoin brothers.

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.
I think that at the present time you should not invest long term in any coin, you can see that in the past is constantly fluctuating and difficult to predict, bitcoin and altcoin prices are constantly changing. In a very large market, the market is in the main bear market so if you make long-term investment you will be very big losses. At the present time you should only invest short and finish trading at the end of the day.

angrynerd88

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

Hodlers Network

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:01:02 PM

Actually it can be prior for individual basis some like long term and some people like short term.It is experienced that long term is most profitable as compare short term buy people are impatient and sell out in panic.
Short term in some coins is good and profitable so it is also necessary to choose coins wisely.

betetakjelas

Activity: 189

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:14:17 PM

it all depends on what you buy, if you just buy regular altcoin then be careful and choose short term only, but if bitcoin you buy then do long term
Makrochain

Activity: 130

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:23:54 PM

I would suggest go for a long-term investment. Long-term investing simply means holding your coins for a long-time and not checking every 5 mins. on what's happening in the market. I thik long term and short term invest are both good to invest for me. If you want daily profit go to short term investment the trading they are too risky but daily profit. In long term you can invest in ICO
ducphucmmo

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:24:02 PM

I also changed from short term trading to long term holding cause when I chose short term trading, I had to spent to much time in a day in it so I just had little time to do other thing in a day so I changed to long term holding.  Even if we are most interested in short-term investments, we should set aside a portion of our money for long-term investments to protect us if we were to lose our money because of bad investment or might crash market
ervinmadureri

Activity: 302

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:24:09 PM

Long term is the lowest effort and easiest strategy to adopt and is based on the assumption that the price of bitcoin will see a rise in real-value over long-term time periods.  It depends mainly upon your choice. You may choose both, either to invest for short term or for long terms. But what you choose, I prefer short time investment. The main reason behind this is Bitcoin isn't permitted to many of the countries
vishudda

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 07:56:17 AM

It is better to be a long time investor or the coin holder because as soon as the coin listed in an any exchange due to the heavy rewards on ICOs for Bounty and airdrops, people who gets free coins mainly dump them to get profit out of it. This will cause the price fall for few days when any coin get listed in an exchange, after a few days the price will pump and the raise of the coin starts.
The long time investor hold the coin until it reaches to the target percentage they set forth for the coin they invested in, and observe the raise of the coin and sell them at a price of profit. The short term investors will look for the day 1 profit (i.e. on the day of listing). If the price falls down, they get panic on the pricing and sell their coins at a loss. And the one who purchased at a lower price will get huge profit as the investors sell at a low price as per the price on earlier days of the listing.

dkkoi5

Activity: 146

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:01:58 AM

If you are a long-term investment, I think you should choose Bitcoin better. Because Bitcoin has the highest value and longest history, it is suitable for long-term investment. But for short-term investments, I suggest you invest in some relatively low-priced currencies.
trry98

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:15:59 AM

As a long-term investment, I suggest you invest in some bitcoins, because bitcoin will not only be worth or future, but will have a better development. As more and more people demand, bitcoin prices will become higher and higher, but the bit The cost of coins is also very high. I think it is only suitable for long-term investment. For short-term investments, I suggest you buy some currencies that are cheap and where the prices go up and down.
tohahamid1

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:04:12 AM

If we consider the future prospect of bitcoin in light with it's current position, demand, technological features and long term potential, certainly long term investment in bitcoin is better.But at the same time we can not deny the short term gain generated from bitcoin.
Crypto_4eva

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:09:47 AM

I kind of do both but due to recent BTC fall everything moved to long term HODL. If you 're comfortable with short term trades then go for it but it does mean good research and being able to read the trend lines on when to invest and when not to invest.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: