Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:23:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term vs. short term investing  (Read 2197 times)
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:54:11 AM

In my opinion, long-term investment is the right place from now on, especially on the issue of Bitcoin prices. The financial world recognizes the return of long-term investment plans, such as making a big bet on the future of a company or asset that will deliver much better results than short-term prospects.
But it's back again to you, you want to choose which one. If I myself prefer a long-term investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bryson

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:56:52 AM

Long term investing in bitcoin is sort of like buying then forgetting about it. You don't need to constantly check the price and worry about it dropping. It's much more relaxing compared to investing short term. If you're willing to go in for the long term then the long term investing is always better, but if you want some quick money short term is the way to go.
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:57:10 AM

I think the most profitable is a short-term investment, because we can see the movement of crypto currency price is very significant and very potential if we choose for short-term investment, because this is a lot of opportunities will be many opportunities that appear to we use as much as possible, when compared with Our long-term investments will miss many of the opportunities that arise.
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:08:33 PM

long term holders having less stress and pain compare to short term
I choose long term investment  because your money will grow in high profitable income. Investing in a long term is a good choice cause your future become secure and financially stable.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
malah

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:13:16 PM

Hello my dear Bitcoin brothers.

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.

I think, investing in bitcoin is profitable and we can make short-term or long-term investments but I think long-term investai will be more profitable and have a smaller risk

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 12:39:04 PM

Long term investment is profitable in case of bitcoin. Because bitcoin prices doesn't get increase a lot in just a single day, it takes some time to if you want good profit.

I agree, bitcoin is the only coin here in this world which could give you sure profit(a huge one) in the long run, unlike if you are going to hold other cryptocurrencies, there would be times that you could lose your profits and there would be times that you could make profits if you will do Trading the right way. Though it still depends on where you are comfortable, in short trade or in long term investment.
Agathai

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:47:33 PM

I bought bitcoin with long term investment strategy. Because the performance, utility, and fairness that bitcoin brings are becoming more widespread and widespread in many areas. Its value will increase over time. I think short term investment is like trader. Really have the knowledge and experience to choose short-term investment.
Useacoin

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 01:47:03 PM

I would personally say if you want to daytrade take a percentage of your long-term portfolio just for this purpose. If you then accidentally lose the day-trading portion you still have your long-term investment. If you are successful at day-trading I would recommend putting a percentage of your profits every week or maybe every second week back into the long-term portfolio for increased security.
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:05:50 PM

I think the most profitable is a short-term investment, because we can see the movement of crypto currency price is very significant and very potential if we choose for short-term investment, because this is a lot of opportunities will be many opportunities that appear to we use as much as possible, when compared with Our long-term investments will miss many of the opportunities that arise.
RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:10:59 PM

if you have a good source of income as of now aside from cryptos, i suggest you go for long term investments. Because it's so easy to do imagine this, you will just enjoy the lifestyle you are having right now. Actually you can forget about your coin for a several months, not totally forget about it but check it not regularly. As time goes by you are not aware that the coin you are having increase it's value versus the time you purchase it.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
SirTradeX (OP)

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:20:26 PM

I appretiate that so many of you guys suggest long term for the sake of saving the time and the nerves, however I do not yet have a family so i have plenty of time to use. And mostly I really like being involved daily in crypto world. I believe i will make 2 separate portfolios, one for short term and one for long term.
svendoto23

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:30:26 AM

I prefer choose short-term investments because as we know the price of this bitcoin is fluctuate or very quickly changing so I think bitcoin is more suitable as a method of short-term investment

This is exactly why i posted this question. Unlike other coins, BTC as the biggest one, is the most stable and less risky with short term idea. And the differences in btc price can vary up to 8% each day, so if you can buy at dips and sell at highs you can make a little profit everyday and expand the portfolio to buy more at the next dip.

Long-term investment tends to hold the said products or tokens for a year or several years, While short-term investment is for the token or product you can hold in just a couple of months or so. Long-term investment has an opportunity to get your invested money doubled if the project is really promising while scalping or short-term on the other hand, are being affected by the markets volatile value and can give you a minimum profit.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
zentdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:38:18 AM

There are a lot of people asking the same question, I even my self ask it a couple of times years ago but the answer stills hunts me. For a day trader, it could be more profitable if the market is very volatile, like a swing of more than ten percent in a day. But if the market is stable enough day trader won't earn much higher than a long term trader. A long term trader on the other hand, could be more profitable especially if they are holding a huge amount of coins if the price is gradually increasing. I prefer to do both, day trading if I have extra time and long term trading if pretty busy.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1862
Merit: 370

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:41:32 AM

I think its better to have a long term investment than having a short term investment, because having a long term investment is like investing for your future and the future of your children, and having your investment go in the long run means there is a high chance of having much more profit than short term investments.
Hasbro27

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:41:52 AM

both are equally profitable, but I prefer long-term investments because I have little time, because I have to work in the office and trading only as a side job. maybe if I'm retired I'll be more focused in trading
colake

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:46:34 AM

I suggest you do both.. you can enter some coins when they dip and then sell it at a higher price just to get the initial investment back and than keep the rest of the coins (the profit) for holding. Both have advantages and disadvantages.
Cryptosaphire18

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:47:50 AM

There are a lot of people asking the same question, I even my self ask it a couple of times years ago but the answer stills hunts me. For a day trader, it could be more profitable if the market is very volatile, like a swing of more than ten percent in a day. But if the market is stable enough day trader won't earn much higher than a long term trader. A long term trader on the other hand, could be more profitable especially if they are holding a huge amount of coins if the price is gradually increasing. I prefer to do both, day trading if I have extra time and long term trading if pretty busy.
A general rule of thumb when investing is to diversify your investments. When it comes to investing, it is important to find the right balance for you and your individual situation, whether it be short or long-term investing, you should have clear goals in mind. Even if you are most interested in short-term investments, you should set aside a portion of your money for long-term investments. This will protect you if you were to lose your money because of a sudden market crash or bad investment. Investing is an important wealth-building tool and not something to avoid or be afraid of.
CAPT.DEADPOOL

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

PHORE

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:54:14 AM

it's better to invest in longterm because you're sure to earn money on your purchased altcoin risky because of the short term you invest in the short term you should know if you sell your investment

cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:57:35 AM

I tell you so:
For Bitcoin - only long term investing;
For Altcoins - short term investing. I know that we have altcoins that gain 1000% after year of existence, but today this is rarely happens.
godsavethebitcoin

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 12:00:18 PM

I tried daytrading back in the day. At first I was making good profit, then with just a few bad trades I broke even, and sort of ended up wasting a whole day on trading. Never again. It's really just not for me, so I end up doing semi-long term trading instead(weekly trades).

If you like staring at charts all day and go crazy, then day trading might be for you.

Your problem then is risk management, not the type of trading you choose Wink
If you opened 10 trades per day and after 100 trades you allowed 2 bad trades to destroy everything, you would ruin everything in 10 days, but the problem is the way you manage your risk.
If you open 10 trades per week but you still have the same money management approach, it will not take 10 days, but sooner or later it will happen again.

For the OP, I wrote this in another thread:

Scalping
Scalpers hold their positions from a few seconds to a few minutes. The main goal of this trading style is to "steal" a small amount from the market in a short time frame. Technical analysts focus on low time-frame charts, such as 1-minute or 5-minute charts. Fundamental traders usually focus on the value of the crypto compared to its price. Scalping is referred to as a double edge sword technique because you can make money in a few seconds but you can also lose money in a few seconds. Since scalpers are aiming for small and quick profits, one of the main obstacles is represented by the fees that you need to pay to your Exchange. Fees, in fact, have a huge impact on a scalper's trade.

Day-trading
If you are a day trader, you can keep your positions for a few minutes or for a few hours, but usually you close all your trades by the end of the day.
Technicians usually focus 15-minute and 1-hour charts to spot any kind of minor trend.

Swing trading
Swing traders hold their trades for days or even weeks. You need to have a deep understanding of minor trends and mid-term trends to be a profitable swing trader. 4-hour and 1-day charts are the most popular among swing traders.

Position trading
This is the style that best describes an investor rather than a trader. A position trader tries to invest in cryptocurrencies that can give good returns in the long period. Technicians usually focus on daily and weekly charts, while fundamental traders analyze qualitative factors to try to understand the intrinsic value of the altcoin. Also, the analysis include the study of quantitative factors such as market cap, circulating supply, max supply and volume of transactions.

It's like asking to a top tennis player which racket is the best. Top players use different rackets, it must fit your style.

I have long term investments and short term investments, my comment here is unbiased Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: