Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:28:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term vs. short term investing  (Read 2197 times)
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:52:43 AM

Hello my dear Bitcoin brothers.

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.

For trading, in my case I ak buying altcoins with cheaper value and trade them when it rise or increase its value. I am monitoring the prices .For long term investment bitcoin is what I am investing with. I do have bitcoin and that is for long term investment. I know the benefit of it in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
putrii

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:03:31 AM

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.

I prefer long term because with long term you can get very much profit because you have bought coin when the price is still very cheap, whereas if short term you will get profit but not too much and not too maximal because you can not buy when price cheap again.
cryptofeel

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:08:08 AM

Both investments are good and depending on what you intend to achieve, you can invest in both. It is good, to always diversify.
Tory26

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:11:51 AM

Thank you fellas.

Bitcoin long-term investment could be huge business for you. Is it reasonable to risk your BTC amount with trading on the short-term?
sashulya7979

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:23:10 AM

Overnight you can not become a millionaire, but if you buy a crypto currency at a low cost now, and after six months sell at a price that exceeds today's 2-3 times, then you will significantly increase your capital.
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:55:55 PM

I'm not a day trader and I will fall in the category of being a long term holder/investor. I've got ambition that bitcoin will reach first the impossible price that we haven't seen yet and this is wait I've been waiting for. I don't care if I loss that much if the risk that I'm taking is worth to try. I know there can be more people here that are for long term because everyone believes that being a long term holder would be the best choice.

long term is indeed the best when compared to short terms because you can always expect to earn huge returns if ever your choosen crypto became pumped up. however there were also few users that will always prefer to do shorter terms because they badly need the funds in order to spend for some important stuffs. im also one of the few users who mainly do short time hodlings. i only do it because right now , my salary on my current job isnt enough at all and i only get the half of my needs in bitcoin.
This is the mindset of every long term holder, we are all thinking that there's a huge profit in the end of our long term holding. But this is also risky, we don't know on how long we have to hold until the market recovers and if our expectation wasn't met, we have to endure the pain and keep on holding. What I like with this strategy is you will not be affected whether the market goes up or down presently.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Omparkash72
Copper Member

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 01:23:13 PM

Long term investment and short term investment,it totally depends on you,what is the basic purpose for this investment.both have their advantage and disadvantage.in short term investment you must have the proper knowledge of market when you have to book profit and when you have to purchase and you must have enough time for this.if you have all these qualities then go for short term otherwise choose long term investment.

Ellis1234

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:14:27 PM

If you want to invest in short or long term with bitcoin should also study it thoroughly. Only if you know the bitcoin knowledge and investment new way to help you invest more effectively. If you want to invest long term, you should earn more bitcoin and keep it. In the future, bitcoin price will increase higher, then sell not late. At this point you will get a certain profit.
vonnyaries

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:23:31 PM

maybe right now the short term investing or trading can makes some profit than long term, it depends on you, if you want to get small profit in short time  and low capital my advice is  do swing trading, if you dont have time to see the market and have a big capital i suggest to investing in a long term

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:51:16 PM

I will pick long term investing over short term investing anytime, any day. The risks are significantly lower when you buy and hold than when you day trade as with day trading, if you make one wrong move and invest in the wrong coin it will cost you a lot. Long term investing yields immense profits and the only sacrifice you have to make is to give it time and be patient.
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:58:43 PM

It is better to be a long term investor than a short term. Usually short term investors will look at their wallets every day and they will panic quickly when the prices go down so they will sell
Its better to choose long term cause in this term you have big opportunity to earn more profit you get, and more chance to rich. Cause we know the value is unpredictable this is are chance to earn more in long term investment.
Galahad111

Activity: 340
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:01:42 PM

I think bitcoin is suitable for short-term investment, because the bitcoin market is too unstable, and the price of bitcoin fluctuations, and future development is difficult to predict.
I have experienced both but i usually prefer long term as compare to short term and the margin of profit in long term is greater than that of short term.  if you are a patient person that hold coins, and in short term you can benefit in times 100 profit, maybe it depends on your capability which is best suite for you, if you are long time trader you will profit on both of them no matter what.
Sandijoee

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:09:56 PM

It depends on us or yourself what you want. Both are equally profitable, but In the long-term investment, there are savings for the future and more profits in the future. So I personally better choose long term.  Smiley
Koalamite

Activity: 148
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:22:28 PM

For me short term and long term investment both good but much better if you join in long term investment you can earn more profit than short term investment

⟨   EraSwapToken.io   ⟩  ⟩  ICO Active   Join Now  ⟩
Brings You A Time Trading Social Community Platform
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:25:05 PM

Every trade pattern has its own rules and regulations. And sometimes, a trading pattern might change and become applicable for any of the two; either the long term or short term. With the introduction of robots in trading, you can help simply both rules to fit into one when your requirements have been programmed into the robot which now takes the immediate decision on your behalf. In short terms you will need to monitor the trends and know when to take profit immediately so as not to run into loss but for the long term trading, you just set a target and wait for a long while till it hits it for you. Both pattern is dependent on you and also the kind of market requirement too.
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:33:16 PM

My highest returns have always been made on position building at the RIGHT time.

And LONG term outlook.

During the 2007 Great Recession. I bought up quite a bit of GE Stock when it bottomed out. I averaged in under $5.00 per share. Figuring - GE is going Nowhere. Light bulbs? Washing Machines? This Crash... will end.

And it did. And when it did, GE re-instated dividends, which they had suspended during the financial meltdown.

I have since my original buy in - auto reinvested ALL Dividends into additional GE Stock Purchases.

Right Now, GE pays out about $0.50 per year per share. So I'm earning 10% interest on my initial investment, and compounding that by buying more GE stock every 1/4 when dividends are paid out. The compounding effect of buying the original shares at $4.00, and now earning dividends based on the current share value; has been huge.

I think roughly the 10 year return has been about 7-8X.

I did the same with BP Oil during the Spill.

I did the same when BTC crashed to $600.  And at $300.  And was able to scoop up a chunk under $300 on that day it bottomed around $100 for a few seconds.

Then just wait. Hold.

My target price is $100,000 per BTC.

Perhaps I'll get out sooner... but I have no need to at this moment, so I'll wait. The next halving. BTC may hit $25,000, or $50,000.

If it hit $50,000 before 2025, I'd likely just cash out and then... I have no idea. Get an 8 car garage?

I honestly don't have an out figure, but even here, and now, I'd be deep in profit... But I'll wait this one out.

Cheers!

Strato
dnovsckym

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:38:34 PM

Everything depends on your requests and needs. I like to like to hold, but not all of them know how to do it. Most people are bought for a long-term investment that will work for the future. To whom as a soul))
Lauff

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:44:15 PM

It is a bit risky to invest short term because price can drop and you could be in loss. I am a long term investor

You are willing to go in for the long term so long term investment is always better, but if you want short term quick money is the way to go Long-term investments in bitcoin like buying then forget it. You do not have to keep checking prices and worry about falling. Much more relaxed compared to short-term investments
phucngungoc

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:50:11 PM

It is best to keep long to wait for prices to rise. The market is constantly changing so we cannot predict what will happen
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:55:07 PM

Thank you fellas.

Trading has its pros and cons, but I go trading all the way as compared to long term investments. I believe I can get more money with bitcoin trading because of how volatile the price is. I can invest high and just reap the micro profits everytime. I'll wait for another spike and reap again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: