Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:26:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin the best Long-term Hold?  (Read 1872 times)
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:45:02 AM

To be honest, I don't think it's good to hold just Bitcoin only. You should diversify your options by simply looking at the other altcoins such as ETH, XRP, BCC, LTC, ADA, NEM, TRX, YOLO, ETN and so on. Like last time, Bitcoin took a deep dive from $13k to $5.7k only before climbed back to more than $11k today. It's very speculative and has high volatility, and you cannot predict the pump and dump of its price as well.
Bitcoin is indeed the best long-term investment right now, but I must tell you about one thing about Bitcoin. We all already know that the price of Bitcoin is getting very high right now and will become more high in the future. That is why a lot of people become interested and the fee of Bitcoin become high too. So I think if you want to hold Bitcoin, you must invest a big amount of money to get the profit. Because if you invest just a little amount of money, you will lose a lot of time and regret it. If you want to invest a small amount of money, I can suggest you to do short-term investment or hold Ethereum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dayem708

Activity: 123
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:49:18 AM

I have been in the market for awhile, and always hear the same mantra about trading to hold more Bitcoin and not Fiat.  I bought into the same mentality for a long time, but I'm changing my tune.  In almost every industry, first generation leaders are replaced by competition.  From Sears, Kmart, Nokia, Motorola, Yahoo, MySpace, etc.  Although Bitcoin is the current crypto reserve currency, I think that its dominance is threatened by ALT coins with faster, cheaper transactions and greater scalability.  What do you think?  Is it smart to hold Bitcoin as a long-term investment, or are there better choices among the ALT coins like Ethereum or Litecoin?

well, investing bitcoin bitcoin is good thing and i think bitcoin is long term investment for hold . because now a days bitcoin become much popular so that demand is high while supply is lower than demand. so you can hold it long term.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:59:09 AM

I think Bitcoin is the one of the only coins we should long term and that is because it is proven and closest to becoming usable in actual society. Sure Litecoin might be kind of close, but because everybody knows about Bitcoin it is right around the corner for implementation. I just saw a video that showed LN is active in California at a coffee shop, the revolution has begun people hang on to your Bitcoins it will probably be in your best interest.

I slightly disagree. With the current situation wherein countries are starting to impose rules prejudicial to bitcoin's existence, I say that bitcoin can be considered as an investment which is better for a mid-term. A lot of factors are needed to consider when you invest most of your resources into bitcoin. Though the price history of it may depict that its price may soon skyrocket, bitcoin in the world right now is the hot-topic of large investment companies and even the government.

I personally recommend that you should explore other investment types and you should not rely solely on bitcoin as your investment program. You could also look into the other types of cryptocurrencies like ethereum, ripple, litecoin, etc. as they have been showing positive results lately.

iam not trust btc anymore , becose its not strong and best like before , now eth is better is faster and easy to use , cheaper tax trans and etc, also eth have buterin and they good and strong team which introduce us new and new projects everytime , if not buterin we didnot have ico and etc, now we will have dao ico and i think in future we will have more and more from eth team .
Sorry to say but i am not agree with you, in my opinion i think that bitcoin is one of the most stronger currency of the world specially in as compare to digital currencies and will even continue becoming more and more stronger because of the increasing interest of the people, In fact people will continue increasing their interest in bitcoin for a long time and will continue making bitcoin more stronger.

With great power comes great responsibility. Due to bitcoin reigning as the number one cryptocurrency, some countries are starting to impose rules that prohibits the use of such cryptocurrency as they fear its decentralised nature may contribute to their conflicts. I agree that the interest of people are still inclined to bitcoin as its price is the basis of it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
yhoga45

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:40:24 AM

ETH in my opinion.
now 1 btc = 11 eth
next year 1 eth = 11 bitcoin
Wow you’re brave man said that 1 ETH is 11 BTC next year it’s mean 2019. I disagree with you, we need 10 months to 2019 I know that crypto proce is very volatile but 2019 1 ETH = 11 BTC?. I will support every coins become higher price, and ETH I think is one of coin that good for our investment, a lot of tokens use ETH for their platform, i think BTC and ETH is more safe than the other coins for long term. But if you want to higher profit I suggest to choose cheap coins that you believe can grow up later. With a lot of coins of course you can get more profit.
Night4G

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:53:07 AM

ETH in my opinion.
now 1 btc = 11 eth
Wow you’re brave man said that 1 ETH is 11 BTC next year it’s mean 2019. I disagree with you, we need 10 months to 2019 I know that crypto proce is very volatile but 2019 1 ETH = 11 BTC?. I will support every coins become higher price, and ETH I think is one of coin that good for our investment, a lot of tokens use ETH for their platform, i think BTC and ETH is more safe than the other coins for long term. But if you want to higher profit I suggest to choose cheap coins that you believe can grow up later. With a lot of coins of course you can get more profit.

honestly , there is no posibility that eth will surpass bitcoin next year . because by the end of the year , the value of bitcoin might increase or double by its value right now so all we have to do is to wait and to invest more on bitcoin

Hotrod_88

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:57:12 AM

I have been in the market for awhile, and always hear the same mantra about trading to hold more Bitcoin and not Fiat.  I bought into the same mentality for a long time, but I'm changing my tune.  In almost every industry, first generation leaders are replaced by competition.  From Sears, Kmart, Nokia, Motorola, Yahoo, MySpace, etc.  Although Bitcoin is the current crypto reserve currency, I think that its dominance is threatened by ALT coins with faster, cheaper transactions and greater scalability.  What do you think?  Is it smart to hold Bitcoin as a long-term investment, or are there better choices among the ALT coins like Ethereum or Litecoin?

Yes they are really good at a longterm holding because todsy they are not that consistently rising they rise a little bit but they fall a week after but still they rises and the thing is a lot of people trust and know that the bitcoins can rise again even more that their highest value. So just hpld them for atleast a year in order for you to earn a lot of profits. Bitcoins are known for a longterm investment because they really started from the bottom and look at them now theybare on the top and no one can beat them
Bayoe_noe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:01:23 PM

ETH in my opinion.
now 1 btc = 11 eth
I do not think like that, bitcoin is a masterpiece. so far bitcoin is the highest digital currency and I think ethereum will not be able to exceed bitcoin even in the long term. I myself prefer to store bitcoin rather than ethereum...
vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:13:56 PM

ETH in my opinion.
now 1 btc = 11 eth
I do not think like that, bitcoin is a masterpiece. so far bitcoin is the highest digital currency and I think ethereum will not be able to exceed bitcoin even in the long term. I myself prefer to store bitcoin rather than ethereum...
IMHO, even there are plenty of coins arrived and may launch soon, I still believe that it was BTC who still have the greatest impact and probability of making still a success especially in long term since it has been proven in the past years its convenience as well many ideas and development btc can experience soon for better transactions.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
fonenumba

Activity: 411

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:38:13 PM

No no bro . bitcoin is not good for long term becose bitcoin very hard to make now 2-3x from this price Smiley Better invest in alts or ICO
Bayoe_noe

Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:06:30 PM

ETH in my opinion.
now 1 btc = 11 eth
IMHO, even there are plenty of coins arrived and may launch soon, I still believe that it was BTC who still have the greatest impact and probability of making still a success especially in long term since it has been proven in the past years its convenience as well many ideas and development btc can experience soon for better transactions.
it's true, of the many coins emerging, only bitcoins have valuable value and, if calculated from the beginning of bitcoin, bitcoin prices have gone up very high. I also believe the bitcoin price will continue to rise in the next few years...
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:11:17 PM

ETH in my opinion.
now 1 btc = 11 eth
it's true, of the many coins emerging, only bitcoins have valuable value and, if calculated from the beginning of bitcoin, bitcoin prices have gone up very high. I also believe the bitcoin price will continue to rise in the next few years...

That's one crazy speculation. Eth may grow along with btc but 11btc to 1eth is very unlikely. Bitcoin, with everything behind it and it's solid support, is still and would be the best 3-5 year hold. It's value may soon exceed the 6digit mark in that time.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
sana gull

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:47:35 PM

To be honest, I don't think it's good to hold just Bitcoin only. You should diversify your options by simply looking at the other altcoins such as ETH, XRP, BCC, LTC, ADA, NEM, TRX, YOLO, ETN and so on.

Like last time, Bitcoin took a deep dive from $13k to $5.7k only before climbed back to more than $11k today. It's very speculative and has high volatility, and you cannot predict the pump and dump of its price as well.
I think bitcoin is really profitable if we are going to hold for a long term. But the profit may depend on the patience of the person, because we all know that the bitcoin is high on volatility and sometimes it will rise like it's price is really on the top and we tend to sell it. So then it is only depending on is. If we do believe that we can gain bitcoin today we don't have to wait and hold for a long term.
Yes no doubt that bitcoin is more profitable and one can get a good profit if he will invest money in bitcoin, but in fact bitcoin is trading in such a high price that most of the people cannot afford to purchase a good amount of bitcoin for holing a long time, and if you are interest in long term investment then it is necessary to purchase a good amount of bitcoin.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:05:27 PM

Its true that a recent innovation pulls back the existing dominant company and we have seen it throughout history.Its due to updated services provided by the newcomer so that people shifts from the older to the newer.But it is not the case with bitcoin.It has been already programmed by satoshi with all the salient features needed in today's environment.Also,the only issue which it faced is the high transaction fee and slower confirmation and it has also got solved with segwit.So there seems no potential in any coin to replace bitcoin.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
parthgajjar

Activity: 273

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:26:45 PM

I think that at this point you do not keep bitcoin for long, can see that the market is fluctuating extremely complex and difficult to predict, bitcoin price in late 2017 has reached the $ 19800 level but right after 4 weeks bitcoin price was rushed and only $ 6000. Therefore, although the current bitcoin price has recovered to $ 11,000, there is no clear trend, if you keep the bitcoin at this point the risk will be high.
jsrenthourse

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:31:52 PM

I think keeping bitcoin at this point is extremely dangerous. You can see that the market in recent days is fluctuating continuously and extremely difficult to predict, bitcoin prices also fluctuate very much, so when the market is not stable you participate in investment will be extremely risk is extremely high because the $ 12000 mark is a very difficult level to overcome.
ACVinegar

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:14:20 AM

I think keeping bitcoin at this point is extremely dangerous. You can see that the market in recent days is fluctuating continuously and extremely difficult to predict, bitcoin prices also fluctuate very much, so when the market is not stable you participate in investment will be extremely risk is extremely high because the $ 12000 mark is a very difficult level to overcome.
Definitely all users knows that bitcoin is the best coin to hold for long term, but for me even what coin or crypto currency you hold it was a good to hold for long period of time. I believe that all crypto currencies have a capacity to increase their value on their own time, maybe their fluctuation is not regularly but on the time we modernized and all money evolves to digital currency I'm sure even the lowest value of coin were gooing to increase their value.
biboy

Merit: 110

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:49:27 AM

Definitely all users knows that bitcoin is the best coin to hold for long term, but for me even what coin or crypto currency you hold it was a good to hold for long period of time. I believe that all crypto currencies have a capacity to increase their value on their own time, maybe their fluctuation is not regularly but on the time we modernized and all money evolves to digital currency I'm sure even the lowest value of coin were gooing to increase their value.
You are right, bitcoin is really the best example that it is worth to hold coins for a long time, that is why we should at least have enough bitcoin for our future, don't let yourself not to have enough bitcoin, hold why you still have the chance to do so and while the price is not yet too high.
butcherme

Activity: 368
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:56:51 AM

There are actually a lot of coins worth holding for a long-term. There's ethereum, WPR, ADB, ACC, WAVES and a lot more. All you need to do is to look for coins with an active dev and community, good marketing strategy, a working product and a good long term goal. Some coins even offer dividends or interests to holders.
gezhid008

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:42:47 AM

There's no question that bitcoin is a long-term investment, and bitcoin won't go anywhere.

The price of bitcoin has gone up too much in the past few years.
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:58:07 AM

There's no question that bitcoin is a long-term investment, and bitcoin won't go anywhere.

The price of bitcoin has gone up too much in the past few years.
That's why even if the price fall close to 50% compared to last year's all time high, we should still continue to believe
that it will recover and once again will surpass the all time high last year.  For some, maybe they do panic sell because the FUD is all over but I like
to tell them that holding for long term is very profitable so they should not be victims of the FUD.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: