Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:47:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who the hell is "nullius" the guy is too smart around here :)  (Read 2772 times)
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 09:44:55 AM

As far as him being an alt, if he hasn't explicitly denied it
He has claimed to be "new here" many times....

We can all agree he has a great mind and is a talented writer. I believe him but others may not, either way him V quickspaz is funny

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 06:42:52 PM

No doubt, he's good more than our regular posters such as TMAN and Jet Cash - hahaha. Cheesy

Oh dear! I must be posting too much to get such a mention.
I can confirm that he has greater technical knowledge than me, I'm more interested in Bitcoin's place in the new emerging world economy, and it's potential as a source of wealth.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
alia

Activity: 56
Merit: 115

Lowest EVER interest lending! (Use escrow always)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:28:23 AM

He's "new", but everybody knows he's actually satoshi as well as Lauda. He's not fooling anyone

Lowest interest lending in bitcointalk history. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2846750.0
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:51:19 AM

Only a ‘Member’ ? Got to be somebodies ALT, I think QS might be right. An alt of who though?
Not ‘Member’ He had enough time to be Sr. Member [Date Registered:   March 29, 2017, 08:17:00 AM]

maybe he is alt of  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=96014

If you read the post of both, you will find of lot of difference.
Nullius started posting on December when he joined the forum on March.
In his  first post , he is pointing to the bug he filed on November.

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/24351

He has his own github repository:
https://github.com/nym-zone?tab=repositories

I will say ,it is  account of a passionate guy. (Personally I do not think it is an alt account but it does not matter also.)

I am alive
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:39:46 AM

Only a ‘Member’ ? Got to be somebodies ALT, I think QS might be right. An alt of who though?
Look at when he started posting, what he advocates for, news related to major bitcoin companies and of course overall dishonesty and you will figure out who he is.
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 07:08:05 AM

I've come across a guy called "nullius" with a shit tonne of merits more than anyone excluding theymos. Then I started digging because I'm good at it and I finally got to the level where I found "nullius" is something else, something that we don't see around here so easily because it appears he has a strong cryptographic background... So, who the hell is this guy? Is he the founder or what? LOL Smiley

Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=976210

By happenstance, the [cool] dude also came on radar where I, too, noticed his Merit count, hence asking him privately if he's gmaxwell. He timely replied in kind and ask me if I would [kindly] ask the question in this thread. I told him to go kindly fuck himself.  Grin Grin Grin

PS: Don't click on any links he provides, for they're ALL diatribe traps.  Shocked

/S, or /deadpan humour ends

fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:10:19 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 06:15:01 AM by fxstrike

thats just proved that anyone with English language proficiency will dominated this forum with the new merit system, becoming more like bitcoin glorifying forum than anything else, more like nice literature produce than any substantial economic & technical proper, this smart popular person will just spit out condescending remarks towards others to tone down other people idea/thinking and win the discussion while offering nothing to the wealth of discussion

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16550

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 09:29:56 AM

I've come across a guy called "nullius" with a shit tonne of merits more than anyone excluding theymos.
You're starting your thread with incorrect data, see the Top-merited users, all-time:
Code:
1549: theymos
686: Lutpin
626: satoshi
508: nullius
I wouldn't be surprised if nullius is #1 in a few months.

If you compare what words he uses to other users around here to the words that are used by other members around here, and on reddit on r/bitcoin you will eventually figure out who he is. (note: you will have to analyze more than just vocabulary, but also words used before and after words, and analyze this on a large scale).
You may find another anonymous account to link to him, but I highly doubt you'll figure out who he really is.
You have a point though, his peculiar language could be a giveaway of his identity. On the other hand, it could also be an act, not all his posts are like that.

Newbie can sometimes write such a good post, not always.
He spends a lot of time on his posts, I've seen a post in which he said he just wrote that post while taking a break from other post. Good quality long posts can easily take hours to compose.

Does it even matter? Alt-accounts are allowed, he loves his privacy, and doesn't spam. His posts are better than any other member I've ever seen. So I doubt he's someone's alt here.

Nullius even puts a lot of effort in the red trust he leaves!

Needless to say, I'm a fan Cheesy

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 10:25:22 AM

By happenstance, the [cool] dude also came on radar where I, too, noticed his Merit count, hence asking him privately if he's gmaxwell. He timely replied in kind and ask me if I would [kindly] ask the question in this thread. I told him to go kindly fuck himself.  Grin Grin Grin

This is not the first time I’ve had such a query; and last time was from someone with a five-digit uid.  Thus I wished the opportunity to address the matter clearly in public, without coming off as if I were the one suggesting the connection.

I’m not gmaxwell.  Though in terms of technical virtù and Bitcoin prowess, being asked if I am is some of the highest praise I’ve received here.  Indeed, it is a bit overwhelming; for due to my background, I’ve had to admit to him my inadequacy in maths and comp.sci:

Sipa also has AVX2 8-way sha2 and ripemd160 that he might post somewhere if you asked.  An 8-way bech32 checksum generator should be really easy to do,

Will ask.  Actually, I think I may have this mentioned somewhere in GH discussions; I didn’t pay attention, because I don’t yet own any machines with AVX2.  Not quite as rich as people think I am. <g>

I myself will not try implementing such things, even the “really easy” ones.  I don’t have the CS background.  After tinkering for years, I learned programming by reading FreeBSD kernel code until I thoroughly understood almost everything except the CS-heavy subsystems (vm, scheduler, etc.).  I think you see that my code reflects the style you’d expect from that experience.  Otherwise, as in all else, I take pride in knowing enough to know the limits of my own knowledge.

Also, for the record:  “nullius” is a nym I picked quite some years ago, and became far too attached to.  I had the nym reserved for some special future project long before I heard of /u/nullc—so yes, some years ago.

PS: Don't click on any links he provides, for they're ALL diatribe traps.  Shocked

Thanks.

I’ve been preparing a special “diatribe” for this thread.  You didn’t think I’d not reply here, did you?  But those take some time to write.  I’ll be back.

fxstrike

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:56:29 PM

I've come across a guy called "nullius" with a shit tonne of merits more than anyone excluding theymos. Then I started digging because I'm good at it and I finally got to the level where I found "nullius" is something else, something that we don't see around here so easily because it appears he has a strong cryptographic background... So, who the hell is this guy? Is he the founder or what? LOL Smiley

By happenstance, the [cool] dude also came on radar where I, too, noticed his Merit count, hence asking him privately if he's gmaxwell. He timely replied in kind and ask me if I would [kindly] ask the question in this thread. I told him to go kindly fuck himself.  Grin Grin Grin

PS: Don't click on any links he provides, for they're ALL diatribe traps.  Shocked

That person is big headed, flaming everyone, threatening others and making fun of other people's post, like he is the smartest here

fxstrike

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:58:58 PM

By happenstance, the [cool] dude also came on radar where I, too, noticed his Merit count, hence asking him privately if he's gmaxwell. He timely replied in kind and ask me if I would [kindly] ask the question in this thread. I told him to go kindly fuck himself.  Grin Grin Grin

This is not the first time I’ve had such a query; and last time was from someone with a five-digit uid.  Thus I wished the opportunity to address the matter clearly in public, without coming off as if I were the one suggesting the connection.

I’m not gmaxwell.  Though in terms of technical virtù and Bitcoin prowess, being asked if I am is some of the highest praise I’ve received here.  Indeed, it is a bit overwhelming; for due to my background, I’ve had to admit to him my inadequacy in maths and comp.sci:

Sipa also has AVX2 8-way sha2 and ripemd160 that he might post somewhere if you asked.  An 8-way bech32 checksum generator should be really easy to do,

Will ask.  Actually, I think I may have this mentioned somewhere in GH discussions; I didn’t pay attention, because I don’t yet own any machines with AVX2.  Not quite as rich as people think I am. <g>

I myself will not try implementing such things, even the “really easy” ones.  I don’t have the CS background.  After tinkering for years, I learned programming by reading FreeBSD kernel code until I thoroughly understood almost everything except the CS-heavy subsystems (vm, scheduler, etc.).  I think you see that my code reflects the style you’d expect from that experience.  Otherwise, as in all else, I take pride in knowing enough to know the limits of my own knowledge.

Also, for the record:  “nullius” is a nym I picked quite some years ago, and became far too attached to.  I had the nym reserved for some special future project long before I heard of /u/nullc—so yes, some years ago.

PS: Don't click on any links he provides, for they're ALL diatribe traps.  Shocked

Thanks.

I’ve been preparing a special “diatribe” for this thread.  You didn’t think I’d not reply here, did you?  But those take some time to write.  I’ll be back.

Yea this is all what you know, instead of contributing something useful, making threat to others, like this forum is yours

YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 05:56:49 PM

thats just proved that anyone with English language proficiency will dominated this forum with the new merit system, becoming more like bitcoin glorifying forum than anything else, more like nice literature produce than any substantial economic & tenhnical proper, this smart popular person will just spit out condescending remarks towards others to tone down other people idea/thinking and win the discussion while offering nothing to the wealth of discussion

NAILED IT !!!

Let's make trolling great again.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10150

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:12:58 AM

That person is big headed, flaming everyone, threatening others and making fun of other people's post, like he is the smartest here

Yeah...... nullius is a BIG meanie... because he threatens you to make your posts better, otherwise he will call you (and/or your posts) retarded.

What is wrong with that?  You deserve such a label, no?  

So far, I have seen that your posts have tended to suck pretty hard of a kind of irrelevant butthurtness, correct?    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Regana

Activity: 18
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:20:16 AM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

For instance being able to show such quality is what I look when I post, although I'm not even close to being that knowledgeable, but it still shows Merit system does actually work if you take care about how you express your ideas and you know what you are talking about.

In the sense of mocking others, I do not support that style, if you have something to say about someone else it's a much better choice to make it constructive instead of threatening but whether you like it or not this guy clearly knows his business...

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10150

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:45:19 AM

In the sense of mocking others, I do not support that style, if you have something to say about someone else it's a much better choice to make it constructive instead of threatening but whether you like it or not this guy clearly knows his business...

You must be new to the interwebs.

In a large number of instances, you cannot deal with trolls, corporate shills and disingenuous posters by using politeness, logic and constructive ideas (facts and logic)...

Sometimes, you gotta play hardball with these nutjobs in order to make your point clearly and unambiguously and not coming off as a pussy.

Sure, frequently, nice and polite can work to possibly give the troll/shill one or two chances to redeem themselves from their seeming lack of substance, but some nutjob posts are decently obvious from the get go.. and frequently the nutjob has no right (and there is little to no benefit) to treat them with kid gloves when they have already shown their colors.  So, actually, if nullius or any other poster, such as TMAN were to go a bit overboard with his/her criticism of a seeming troll, the seeming troll could fairly easily redeem themselves by attempting to be constructive or backing off, but instead, what tends to happen is that the troll doubles down or posts some other kind of nonsense that proves that the earlier criticism of the troll was not overly done.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 6796

Cashback 15%

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:58:03 AM

thats just proved that anyone with English language proficiency will dominated this forum with the new merit system, becoming more like bitcoin glorifying forum than anything else, more like nice literature produce than any substantial economic & tenhnical proper, this smart popular person will just spit out condescending remarks towards others to tone down other people idea/thinking and win the discussion while offering nothing to the wealth of discussion
Eh, no.  Idiot shitposters who can't write English never have anything good to say.  I would state that as a rule that has extremely few exceptions.   And hey, if I'm wrong feel free to cry until your eyes are purple. 

There may be posts made out of 24 karat gold on the local boards--and that's where people who can't write coherent sentences in English should stay.  Maybe they'll even get some merit.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
El Il-mythos

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:08:15 AM

Nullius is the person beyond expectation from all DTs, a person surpassed the limitation of everyone's standard on this forum, a person that can be helpful for every situation that needs to be address here. Theymos as the brain manipulator or the one that gives function in this forum really need such extra-knowledgeable person.

I am just expressing my amusement with this guy for his highly favoured intelligent mind.

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
alia

Activity: 56
Merit: 115

Lowest EVER interest lending! (Use escrow always)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:48:51 AM

Nullius is the person beyond expectation from all DTs, a person surpassed the limitation of everyone's standard on this forum, a person that can be helpful for every situation that needs to be address here. Theymos as the brain manipulator or the one that gives function in this forum really need such extra-knowledgeable person.

I am just expressing my amusement with this guy for his highly favoured intelligent mind.

He needs to be added to the DT list, stat.

Lowest interest lending in bitcointalk history. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2846750.0
Toughit

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:54:07 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 11:43:36 AM by Toughit
Merited by hilariousandco (1), amishmanish (1), ibminer (1)

Through many minutes (ten, maybe eleven) of research I have figured out who nullius is.

Do these quotes sound similar?

Famous person:
“The thing about smart people is that they seem like crazy people to dumb people.”
“However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”
“It matters if you just don't give up.”

nullius:
"In Bitcoinland, as you understand, the systematic denial of private property is bound to raise some ire."
"A truly great idea which could change the world can only be stopped by twisting and distorting it.  This has happened repeatedly in history"
"Bitcoin requires a new mindset.  To handle it, you must understand on a very deep level that mathematical algorithms rule as by divine right"

So.  It's obvious, nullius = Stephen Hawking.

Hello Professor

amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:28:44 AM

This is a great thread to know what makes a good poster and how people who really want to work will not shy away from praising expertise and competence when they see it.

Nullius' has an enviable combination of knowledge, virtue and wit. To me, He sounds like someone with a lot of real world experience. He is the best I have seen when it comes to fighting the insidious kind of trolls (Ones with better English and a knack at making insinuations while making it sound like a genuine query/ misunderstanding. For example, look at some QS classics of "damned if you don't refute, damned if you do")

I think he is a great addition to the forum's army of the warriors of light..Smiley He shall be remembered for the role he played in thwarting the great troll attacks that dawned upon us in the early days of Lightning Testnet..

I agree with the poster who said we need a place to recognize those people here..I am typing this on a phone so the quotes and links are missing.

For those doubting on him, try filling your posts with multiple quotes and useful links. You'll know that it takes a special dedication and belief in the project to continue doing that. On suggestions that he is an alt, well, I am glad because the forum needs its champions. Nothing wrong in that.

Man you are awesome. Thanks for being here..
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: