Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:41:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IXCoin [IXC] The Original Bitcoin Sidechain  (Read 41537 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2019, 07:00:45 AM

IXCoin is now even more a part of the Galactic Milieu game.

It became pretty clear over the years that trying to reply upon "exchanges" to figure out the value per coin was simply not working, as well as leading to repeated losses of the coins and of whatever it was paired up against in such exchanges, often bitcoin. So not only were we losing massive amounts of the coins we were also losing massive amounts of the bitcoins that were intended, by sitting on the buy-side of order-books as buy offers, to uphold the coin's value.

So finally the Ixians have gotten their IXC Holdings treasury account to the point where dividing the value of that treasury by the number of IXCoins minted we arrive at a reasonable value per coin.

Thus here are the Latest Rates values of many of the Galactic Milieu's coins and assets, expressed in IXCoins at that calculated value of an IXCoin:

BBQrate=.00030471
sBCErate=307.29133252
sBCIrate=42.39930981
sBMCrate=44.14316689
sBRFrate=49.23604692
BTCrate=134143.80475552
CDNrate=29.59538964
CLCrate=.02612365
sCMCrate=43.30077957
sCRFrate=886.18735855
CZBrate=.19112782
DVCrate=.00245019
sDVCrate=2001.64768015
FBXrate=.09574774
sGDCrate=2114.09084392
sGFCrate=7542.48545524
sGHCrate=540.69940514
GMCrate=41.25178503
GPLrate=22.79632886
GPL2rate=17.88414918
sGRCrate=2330.29307620
GRFrate=66.19900541
GRPrate=.25927643
sGRPrate=10.62810460
I0Crate=.98363612
IXCrate=1.00000000
LTCrate=898.22691655
MBCrate=56.38118634
NKLrate=1.03327484
NMCrate=9.36726183
SPICErate=23.69461454
TBXrate=.09574774
UFCrate=.02523834
UKBrate=27.88006291
UNSrate=29.41132840
USFrate=.01044340
XGGrate=.05983038

This no longer has anything to do with the pathetically under-valued rates seen lately on such third-party website-style exchanges as I know of.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2019, 08:52:08 PM

We really have to differentiate from Bitcoin and all other crypto projects as much as possible.  On top of having best and most creative tech, it’s crucial that ixcoin stand out as a coin that is about giving and not the typical greed we see too often in crypto. 

Therefore, a proposition for community feedback:

So we plan to allow for donations to miners to ensure a secure network.  What if for every donated coin, two coins will be generated? 

Considering to make it simple 105k blocks/year, the number of coins will double in 200 years (42 million ixc). By then, many ixcoins will be lost anyway so the actual total will be considerably less.

Miners will be forced to find a taxation system to be sure they give something to support the mining (like: for every generated 1 ixc, send 0,5 ixc to donation address to increase the donation fund).  This should encourage miners not only to give back [like the community] but to also have a vested long term interest in mining/securing the IX network. 

Any feedback is appreciated...

Regards

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2019, 12:30:04 AM

We should not increase the total number of coins.

Also remember that IXCoin is merged-mined, thus anything the miners get from IXCoin is "almost free".

Also because it is part of the Galactic Milieu as the currency of the Ixians, it can keep increasing in value so long as the "IXCoin treasury" keeps increasing in value.

Also having to run around trying to figure out a new number of coins for each coin would really not help in making it simple to divide the "treasury" by the number of coins.

It should be kept simple so that the value calculations do not require a ridiculous amount of manual work (running to "exchanges" looking up current prices, running around to block explorers or clients to look up current number of coins issued etc every time we want to compute the Latest Rates for all the coins).

So whatever you do do, don't have it make the number of coins change. It is nice that that was fixed in the beginning and will never change.

There isway too much work involved already in doing the calculations, so lets try not to make it even harder.

(For example if I were to run the calculation right now it would be inaccurate in that the current amounts owed to various lenders, compounded hourly, would not be taken into account unless I also bring all those up to date and plug in their results in all the coins, since trying to grab all that data automatically presents too much risk still, I fear, of something mucking up. So currently I still have to get all that information in addition to various other things like current prices on exchanges of some coins that still are not based on a "treasury" of "reserves" in order to calculate out the Latest Rates.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2019, 05:31:57 AM

We should not increase the total number of coins.

Also remember that IXCoin is merged-mined, thus anything the miners get from IXCoin is "almost free".

Also because it is part of the Galactic Milieu as the currency of the Ixians, it can keep increasing in value so long as the "IXCoin treasury" keeps increasing in value.

Also having to run around trying to figure out a new number of coins for each coin would really not help in making it simple to divide the "treasury" by the number of coins.

It should be kept simple so that the value calculations do not require a ridiculous amount of manual work (running to "exchanges" looking up current prices, running around to block explorers or clients to look up current number of coins issued etc every time we want to compute the Latest Rates for all the coins).

So whatever you do do, don't have it make the number of coins change. It is nice that that was fixed in the beginning and will never change.

There isway too much work involved already in doing the calculations, so lets try not to make it even harder.

(For example if I were to run the calculation right now it would be inaccurate in that the current amounts owed to various lenders, compounded hourly, would not be taken into account unless I also bring all those up to date and plug in their results in all the coins, since trying to grab all that data automatically presents too much risk still, I fear, of something mucking up. So currently I still have to get all that information in addition to various other things like current prices on exchanges of some coins that still are not based on a "treasury" of "reserves" in order to calculate out the Latest Rates.)

-MarkM-

The max supply change would be a one-time event.  The amount available to mine at any given time would be dynamic based on amount of donations but that wouldn’t complicate any calculation from a marketcap or consumer’s point of view. 

I think the benefit far outweighs any short term and temporary confusion. 

Thanks for your input, Mark. 

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2019, 05:56:12 AM

MarkM, quick question about this Galactic Milieu game.

Are there any early btc adopters among the players of GM able to help all the Merge Mined coins to raise from hashes?  Are there devs, miners among them?

Thanks.

hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 05:06:12 PM

Considering to make it simple 105k blocks/year, the number of coins will double in 200 years (42 million ixc). By then, many ixcoins will be lost anyway so the actual total will be considerably less.

What next? ..proposal to merge IXC and I0C together  Wink Wink  The initial purpose of IXC was to find out what would happen to bitcoin once it was all mined and there were no incentives but tx fees and whatnot.

Not looking good for bitcoin eh?Ah but yes BTC is the digital gold of magic internet money so ....NUMBER GO UP.

IXC is the digital digits of magic internet money so ,NUMBER NO MOVE Sad Grin  

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2019, 05:46:26 PM

What next? ..proposal to merge IXC and I0C together  Wink Wink  The initial purpose of IXC was to find out what would happen to bitcoin once it was all mined and there were no incentives but tx fees and whatnot.

Not looking good for bitcoin eh?Ah but yes BTC is the digital gold of magic internet money so ....NUMBER GO UP.

IXC is the digital digits of magic internet money so ,NUMBER NO MOVE Sad Grin  

You pulling riddles on me now, instigator?  Smiley

Is that a yes or a no?  It’s a good plan.  A merger of equals would work too but not quite the same idea/use-case.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2019, 09:37:50 PM

Isn't the code whereby miners get coins from a stash already in place?

We should not need to change the total number of coins, as said above that was already set from the start, that was the whole point of the coin in fact.

Assuming the stash idea is already in place anyone is free to contribute to it at any time.

Also anyone can do transactions on the blockchain, with fees, to provide fees for the miners to collect.

So I do not see any need for any change, unless the stash part isn't in the current code.

The stash should be implemented without any change to total number of coins.

I am not sure what you mean about resurrecting the merged-mined coins, except maybe that because some of them seem to have lost their announce threads I have not been able to post to threads for some of them announcing they are part of the game and showing as an example of their current value a table of the values of other things as priced in terms of them.

If you peruse the list of values I posted earlier showing the values of other things in terms of the computed value of IXCoin based on the treasury the Ixians put together you will hopefully notice the list includes GRouPcoin (GRP), CoiLedCoin (CLC) and GeistGeld (XGG) as well as the three that are still apparently being merged by at least one large pool, DVC IXC and I0C.

All now have treasuries from which their values shown are being calculated. So I suspect the answer to your question is they never died so did not need any resurrection but yeah okay you can think of them as having now been resurrected. Smiley

The two original Scrypt coins that preceded Litecoin (FBX and TBX) are also there, and also have treasuries, it might be a good idea to make them merged-mine-able alongside Litecoin and DOGE too if we are going to start updating the code of coins again. Smiley

I will probably have to upload new tables to http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html soon as folks have been busy piling more assets into their treasuries so the previous tables are already out of date, generally probably showing lower values than we will see when the next ones are uploaded.

-MarkM-

hornetsnest

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 11:24:29 AM
Merited by Vlad2Vlad (1)

You pulling riddles on me now, instigator?  Smiley

Is that a yes or a no?  It’s a good plan.  A merger of equals would work too but not quite the same idea/use-case.

I think once something is initially agreed on it should be written in stone myself but any proposal like said merger would have to be submitted to the communities of these coins and as we don't know who these communities really are or even what planet or galaxy they reside on where do we send the letter of intent to? Grin Grin

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2019, 04:47:42 PM

OTC IXC buyers and sellers

Exchanges have been unpredictable with continued hacking and the volume has been terribly low.  That said, I have had numerous people looking to buy & sell ixcoin Off Exchange. 

If anyone is interested I’ll help facilitate the transaction [for a nominal fee  Grin]

Let me know...

Vlad

gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 05:06:20 PM

Exchanges have been unpredictable with continued hacking and the volume has been terribly low.  That said, I have had numerous people looking to buy & sell ixcoin Off Exchange.  

If anyone is interested I’ll help facilitate the transaction [for a nominal fee  Grin]

Let me know...

Vlad

pfft  Cool  or maybe just buy off the ZERO TRADE FEE EXCHANGE ===>

https://freiexchange.com/market/IXC/BTC

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2019, 05:13:54 PM

Exchanges have been unpredictable with continued hacking and the volume has been terribly low.  That said, I have had numerous people looking to buy & sell ixcoin Off Exchange.  

If anyone is interested I’ll help facilitate the transaction [for a nominal fee  Grin]

Let me know...

Vlad

pfft  Cool  or maybe just buy off the ZERO TRADE FEE EXCHANGE ===>

https://freiexchange.com/market/IXC/BTC

Great exchange but no liquidity. 

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 09:04:32 AM
Merited by Mihawk (1)

-  Satoshi originally coded Bitcoin for 42 million coins.

-  Satoshi guesstimated the needed amount of coins as 21 million.

-  For global adoption [which is the goal] 21 million is not optimal.

Therefore, we should either increase to 42 million or merge with another similar coin.

photo host site

hornetsnest

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 10:29:48 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2019, 12:57:24 PM by hornetsnest

-  Satoshi originally coded Bitcoin for 42 million coins.

-  Satoshi guesstimated the needed amount of coins as 21 million.

-  For global adoption [which is the goal] 21 million is not optimal.

Therefore, we should either increase to 42 million or merge with another similar coin.

I have never seen it written where Satoshi intended for there to be 42m coins.Is there a working link to this "fact" please?

If anything he is pointing out to the ability to move the decimal places a bit to accomodate added or subtracted value and looking at the decimal places shown it would be more like bitcoin having 1000x times units or something effectively making it into 21B instead of 21M units.As far as I know DVC has 21B units or maybe I am mistaken and it has no capped supply so why wouldn't that be the coin to go with to solve this issue.Faketoshi thinks DVC is a scam so it must be doing something wright Wink but I can only ever see any altcoin that is useful complimenting Bitcoin.NOTHING will displace Bitcoin.

Also any proposal to "merge" coins would be a messy affair with people who are waiting for their coins back from cryptopia on the current individual chains or how do you propose this is done so people there don't get their coins back on some forked chain?

BTC is the only coin that is of any signifigance because it dominates market share and all other coins are parasites feeding off of it.Some may become successful parasites and act like cleaner fish or whatever other useful function they provide that adds value to BTC but there is nothing Bitcoin BTC cannot already do apart from throw scraps from the table to all these dogs.There is no other "real" bitcoin floating about out there waiting in the shadows no matter what all these conspiracy theorists state or assume.That is all useless noise and smokescreens.The fact is anyone who bought or speculated in these altcoins have done well by accumulating more Bitcoin or had their Bitcoins taken by others who dumped their shitcoins on them.The sole goal of shitcoins is to accumulate more Bitcoins.

Bitcoin BTC is the reserve currency of shitcoinland.All shitcoins fail if Bitcoin fails because all shitcoins are parasites and dogs with the exception of a very few.

hardcores

Activity: 17
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 03:58:07 AM

https://preview.ibb.co/i4jW3w/E3470_C70_7827_4_F77_B4_FE_DBC116314371.jpg
photo host site

does this mean that bitcoin has the potential to add a total supply of up to 42 million coins? I think if that happens then it will make the price of bitcoin fall, because there is an influence from the addition of bitcoin supply.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2019, 08:22:22 AM

photo host site

does this mean that bitcoin has the potential to add a total supply of up to 42 million coins? I think if that happens then it will make the price of bitcoin fall, because there is an influence from the addition of bitcoin supply.

Bitcoin won’t do jack which is why it’s DOA.  They need years of infighting and meetings to resolve even simple issues.  Regarding dilution and price, the bitcoin price is absolute manipulation - the price should have crashed from the effective dilution from all the forks the past 2 years, but instead we hit new all-time highs and should see new ATH again by Christmas.

Be smart and don’t follow the herd, buy cheap coins doing all the right things for mass adoption and get 1,000x+ returns with near zero risk. 

hornetsnest

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 10:58:44 AM

Bitcoin {BTC} is too big to fail.Network is too large for security to be an issue now and the value being protected is too high so the incentive to make it work now is there.Network effect is in motion.There are secondary off chain options now for coffee snobs and human muppets who don't care about their tx's being kept onchain so long as the value they send arrived at its end destination.They couldn't care less if their tx passed through fukerburg's mouth and came out his ass at the other end because people are programmed to want convenience and avoid as much inconvenience as possible.That is why number will always go up and altcoins will flounder.Nobody cares about anything only getting the lambos while their egos are massages.They will attack like a pack of jackals any altcoin which threatens the beloved bitcoin which is making them rich and support any mouthpiece who like a cult who helps them secure riches.

Ripple and a few others can send tx's for the rest of them too depending on what way they want their funds sent and the most popular through free choice will survive.

Unlesss IXC is suddenly saturated with tx's being sent to vendors accepting IXC as payment or large corporations or institutions are insisting on making transfers on it then what use is it really?

90+% of all these altcoins will fail mainly because they are worth nothing and there is no muppet exchange trading them with enough liquidity/volume to be attractive to the human race.

~Truth

gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 04:57:30 PM

Bitcoin {BTC} is too big to fail.Network is too large for security to be an issue now and the value being protected is too high so the incentive to make it work now is there.Network effect is in motion.There are secondary off chain options now for coffee snobs and human muppets who don't care about their tx's being kept onchain so long as the value they send arrived at its end destination.They couldn't care less if their tx passed through fukerburg's mouth and came out his ass at the other end because people are programmed to want convenience and avoid as much inconvenience as possible.That is why number will always go up and altcoins will flounder.Nobody cares about anything only getting the lambos while their egos are massages.They will attack like a pack of jackals any altcoin which threatens the beloved bitcoin which is making them rich and support any mouthpiece who like a cult who helps them secure riches.

Ripple and a few others can send tx's for the rest of them too depending on what way they want their funds sent and the most popular through free choice will survive.

Unlesss IXC is suddenly saturated with tx's being sent to vendors accepting IXC as payment or large corporations or institutions are insisting on making transfers on it then what use is it really?

90+% of all these altcoins will fail mainly because they are worth nothing and there is no muppet exchange trading them with enough liquidity/volume to be attractive to the human race.

~Truth

Vlad refuses to pump!!  Roll Eyes  meh

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Mihawk

Activity: 1149
Merit: 347

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 12:50:48 AM

Was that discussion about moving big wallets afterwards? About the post, if this happens would be the beginning of Xicoin. Grin
ViqRa

Activity: 52
Merit: 36

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 11:34:08 PM

Exchanges have been unpredictable with continued hacking and the volume has been terribly low.  That said, I have had numerous people looking to buy & sell ixcoin Off Exchange. 

If anyone is interested I’ll help facilitate the transaction [for a nominal fee  Grin]

Let me know...

Vlad

Hey Vlad.

I would like to buy IXC, someone looking to sell?
PD:Yes, I'm new here. I could send first.

Viq.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: