Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:02:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The biggest problem of altcoins  (Read 4842 times)
Blondy12

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:21:55 AM

Yes i agree that all altcoins are denpendant with bitcoins because it is the mother of all cryptocurrencies and that will last for years i think. That is why majority of the investors in cryptos would rather chose to invest in bitcoin than altcoins even when the price is too much expensive.
wandino

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:42:23 AM

It is true that bitcoin influences the market, but with the popularity of Ethereum blockchain and its derivative coins this might not be the case in the future.
capsicumpepper

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:51:12 AM

This is because everyone is still afraid of the risk of a very volatile decline, with the stability of the price of bitcoin and altcoin so far that makes the reasons for people to prefer to invest in bitcoin. Although in altcoins such as etherum and litecoin already have stability close to bitcoin.
rippar

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:32:58 PM

The biggest problem of altcoins is bitcoin. Probably all alts have a 99% correlation with btc, so it is not good for long-term investors, because when bitcoin will die, the price of all altcoins fall very much and many of them also die.
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:55:34 PM

The biggest problems I have seen with Altcoins are;
Most of these alts are based on projects that have no real life usability or things that shouldn't be brought to blockchain, and as a result of this, the Project can easily down so as the coin associated with it.
Another is the dependency of Altcoins on Bitcoins. We have seen in situations where the price of Bitcoin goes down making alts to fall greatly in value. This is a very big problems.
Hovhannes

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

MMOCoin-For-Gamers-&-Traders

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:38:44 PM

Yes, such a problem exists, but the correlation coefficient will decrease and eventually reach a minimum. This is due to the fact that this market is very young.

dulce dd121990

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:25:43 PM

I don't see any problem of those altcoins. Bitcoin and altcoins can both give us good earning. But it depends on th esituations. Altcoins has also a volatile value like bitcoin that anytime it can coorect its price that goes down and up. It will just depends on your management on how you handle your trading on alternate coins and bitcoins. 

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
nhaila

Activity: 993
Merit: 250

Moonbet.io

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 04:07:46 PM

the big problem on altcoin is only from the coin team itself wants to grow or want to stop that's just my opinion

.MOONBET.[]]          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░       
       ░░▒░░▒█████▒░░▒░     
    ░▓██▓▓███████████▓▓██▓   
   ▓███████▓░     ░▓███████▒ 
  ▓▒▒▓██▒             ▒██▓▒▓▓
 ▒▒░▓█▓         ▒▓█▓    ▓█▓░▒░
▒██▒██        ▒████      ██▒█▓
▓██▓█▒     ███████       ▓█▓██
▒██▒███   ▒▒██████       ██▒█▓
 ░▒░▓██▓░   ▓▓ ▓█░      ▒█▓░▒░
  ▓▒▒▓███████          ▓█▓▒▓▒
   ▒██▓███████▓░ █▓ ▒██████▒ 
     ▓██▒▓▓██████████▓▓██▓   
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
          ░░░░░░░░░░░        
[]           ▓███████████████████
        ▓▓▓█▒▒▓               █
 ░▓▓█████▓▓█▒▓█               █
██▓▓▓░     █▒██               █
██ ▓█░     █▓      ▒██▓       █
 ██▓█▒     █▓    ▒██████▓░    █
  █▓    ████▓   ██████████▓   █
  ▓█    ████▒   ███████████   █
   ██   ▓███▓   ▓█████████    █
   ░█▓    ▒█▓       ███       █
    ██     █▓         ░    ▓█▓█
     ██    █▓              ▓█▒█
     ▒█▓   █▓ ░      ░░░░░░▒▓ █
      ██   ▓▓▓▓████████████████
       ███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
[]
> TWITTER
> DISCORD
> MEDIUM
> TELEGRAM
Zen69

Activity: 110

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:51:01 PM

I think it's because most of the altcoins could be bought/sold for BTC only, so naturally BTC price would influence it.

However, some strong coins (like ETH) are already showing some independency.
Baltior

Activity: 147
Merit: 11

OpenMind y amante de la tecnología Blockchain

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:11:18 PM

Actually all moves on with bitcoin, but i think that in a little period of time, the good project go up and a lot of bad coins go down.

ANN 】 【Instagram 】【 Twitter】 【 Telegram 】【 Medium】 【 Reddit】 【 Facebook
◘ ◙ ▣ ◙ ◘ ◙ ▣ Now YOU Can Be The Bookmaker! ▣ ◙ ◘ ◙ ▣ ◙ ◘
Angel0

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:56:35 PM

What you say is like, the first cell who will left the main body will be the winner? If the single cell can live without the main body and has the capabilities to regenerate new cells then it has a chance of surviving, same with the coin who want to be independent , science view of crypto separation from BTC.
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 331

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:50:33 PM

Right. altcoin is always dangerous because it can be scam at any time. a coin is not practical, it is easy to scam

If invested or bought an unknown coin then chances are very high that it would be dumped quickly or get scammed as those are money making tricks by the developer of the coin. So always do not invest a lot of money on such coin and do your study thoroughly so that you can reach on some decision and pick the right coin for purchase.

Bitconnect is the perfect example for this. They have own wallet and exchange platform but they cheated many people as it got reported on this forum multiple times.
We need to check the project potential level and sell the coin if that reaches to expected value level.
Cheap altcoins also bump in the marker later but need to learn their white paper to understand whether is the future focus on their toad map.
Right man, bitconnect was a coin for newbies with strong marketing. I don't think that experience crypto users have fallen into this trap
Sad to say but there were lots of people being victimized with that scheme which turns out even experienced ones been falled out to this ponzi scheme.These kind of situations cant really be avoided since scams do really exist into this cryptocurrency world.Prices of alts do majorly affected when it comes to bitcoin prices movement but not all the time since some do have different movement even how bearish the market.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
wabashky

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:24:33 PM

one of the most painful problems of alcoins is a big quantity different kinds of coins. it causes a headache to monitor trends and news about all of it. too difficult to decide which coin is good and promise big profit. but for this we r all here))
stetym

Activity: 196
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:40:11 PM

Many Bitcoin fans claim that altcoins are absolutely unnecessary, because they simply can not succeed. They believe that alternative types of digital coins are not able to compete with the infrastructure that Bitcoin possesses.
Altcoins provide competition to Bitkonin in the market, makes the developers of the blockade support activity and strive for new innovations. Otherwise, the world's first crypto currency may lose its popularity and value.

Altkoins, in turn, are even more unstable. This can be seen well by studying the graphs for a certain period. Since they have low market frameworks, including low capitalization, such coins are highly exposed to price manipulation. This is successfully used by large market makers or "financial whales". They tend to buy inexpensive coins in large quantities, causing their price to skyrocket.

As soon as it significantly increases, they "throw off" coins with a big profit, damaging many small and medium trusting investors, who catch "bait", trying to make money on the growth of the market. Often the price is so low that it leads to the "death" of weak alcoins that do not have a solid foundation in the form of any technical innovations or characteristics that favorably distinguish them from their own kind.
Elseye

Activity: 378

ApolloX

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:57:38 AM

....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.

Also there are too much of them. And only a little of them possess a working product - that's a crazy problem. What scares the most - everyone buys them just to re-sell...

btctoken

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:26:50 AM

all altcoins reputation depends on trading
 and how many exchangers support it.

wo_ki

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:00:23 PM

You are right! With that problem I can`t sleep at night! Cry Thinking about ALT`s and bitcoin whole night
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:28:43 PM

People took a look back and see that bitcoin went from one cent to 20k and think, that some altcoins can repeat this success, but i think, this is just fake hope and once we will see a lot of sad people who lost their all money in altcoins
Axens_io

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 02:35:26 PM

I suppose a legitimate company needs to be behind the altcoin or a roadmap that the team regularly accomplishes need to be present
Saoha

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:13:13 PM

....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.
Like your thoughts. Altcoins are completely dependent on Bitcoin. Besides there are lots of garbage coin, small volume and it pump very fast, x5- x10 and then drops rapidly.
Investors need to learn and buy potential coin because of the increasing altcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: