Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:51:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The biggest problem of altcoins  (Read 4834 times)
Captainluffy24

Activity: 197
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:16:30 AM

That is true, a group of people who pump and dump a certain altcoin really affects the value and can be reason for a project to fall. Those who can hold a lot of coin can manipulate this for own good. Another case for me that could affect this are bounty hunters who dump their coins real quick after the ICO.
romain_n

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 09:20:09 AM

I think the biggest problem could be the manipulation of those whales as they controlled the price of what they want.

Agree market manipulation is a huge problem. Coins will have to find and use some tricks and countermeasures against that.
dongbat03

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:12:52 AM

....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.

I think the volatility of crypto is the biggest problem and even expert cant predict its future.
jashley

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:14:55 AM

I think Altcoin is stronger more and more. When Altcoin finish mainnet and good partnership. It's more better.
Yes you are right with that one that's why we need to give a time for altcoins to develop their technologies and projects because we all know it is not easy and it will take time. As long as we believe in altcoins go follow your guts and support it. Just be patient always because it is survival of the fittest. Goodluck everyone.

GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE                               
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
╚               ▶ Twitter         ▶ Facebook         ▶ Youtube         ▶ WHhitepaper               ╝
Kingjagat

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:56:58 AM

The biggest problem of altcoins is the red market, of course. But the lack of interest on the part of the community, and the emergence of competitors no less affects the situation.

I think it's not because altcoin depends on bitcoin but it's about the same type. Both are cryptocurrency and one of them will be liked at a time.
If you are looking for a candidate who can be par bitcoin, then the closest answer to that is Ethereum. I chose it by assessing the highest marketcap in addition to bitcoin and its use.
At our local online exchanger, ethereum already has its own way to convert directly to our fiat. It does not depend now for bitcoin in cashing it.
Jamboo30

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:23:16 PM

THe problem of altcoin is depend on TOP coin such as BTC or ETH. Because the technology of altcoins are not completed and the investors do not totaly belive in this altcoin, in downtrend, they only belive in USDT or BTC

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
3JIO

Activity: 225
Merit: 101

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:24:54 PM

Yeah,I've been thinking about this problem,too, that creates some difficulties in the altcoin trade.

Crypcar10290

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:39:28 PM

Agreed, there is a big dependency of bitcoin in crypto compare with altcoins, bitcoins has been and will remain the dominant of crypto for a long time, even with a lot of good altcoins projects out there, people will always prefer to invest in bitcoin regardless; maybe because they want to invest in something that is familiar, who knows. Even people that is new to crypto wants to invest first in bitcoin and later in altcoins. It seems like bitcoin will not have the same fate as Yahoo or MySpace that were supplanted for a better version.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:59:18 PM

....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.
You are wrong, altcoins are diffrent, they use diffrent technology and in the future they will be more independent regarding the price. This happens because cryptomarket is young.

Esteeteeh

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 10:14:58 PM

It's problem is not a matter of its technology, but rather of history and community ,because bitcoin over the years has become a medium of exchange that is more widely accepted on the market than altcoins.
noxlord93

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 10:23:22 PM

Altcoins is a place for speculation! The main growth trend will always be bitcoin and etherium  Undecided
Hawkey42

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:16:21 PM

It is the problem of altcoins today but I am optimistic that with continuous development, more and more altcoins would finally get on their feet in their own just like Eth is doing now.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Crypto Sway

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:41:58 AM

Until there is a new on-ramp to crypto where you don't have to buy BTC or ETH in order to buy alt's then there will always be this direct relationship. Here's one alt I've got my eye on what do you think? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3085831.0
mwaqar17

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:55:56 AM

You are right but I will add little bit more. Some altcoins are completely dependent on BTC but some are partially dependent on BTC. For example if BTC is down by 100% then completely dependent coin will go down by 200% and for partially dependent coin it will be vice versa. During my whole duration at this forum the only coin that I found, that is partially dependent on BTC is LOC.
Scor1937

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:06:56 AM

the same situation will continue as it is. If the jelly took the opportunity this would be very nice to invest primarily in the bitcoin himself. altcoin does indeed depend on the rise and fall of bitcoin but naturally, it will actually grow in taking the step.
tolgahanuzun

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:57:52 AM

In order for altcoin to declare independence from BTC, it needs at least to equalize in capitalization with BTC. And now it looks very unrealistic. Probably a couple of years BTC ticket ahead. But everything comes to an end, and some revolutionary altcoin will surely overtake the BTC.

★★★     │  TEMCO  │      SUPPLY CHAIN POWERED BY BITCOIN NETWORK, RSK     ★★★
★★★   Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP)   ★★★
muvie

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:55:37 AM

Biggest problem for altcoins is the fact that every innovation that covers specific use cases or fixes problems can be adopted by the Bitcoin Core team.
04antoxap

Activity: 139

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:25:19 AM

Any market needs support, pillars, on which all its liquidity and capitalization is held. To maintain the interest of participants, the market must live and develop at any stage of its movement, and not depend on one single tool. We are talking about the serious need for decentralization in the crypto-currency world. And sooner or later it will happen.
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:02:13 PM

Some altcoins that depends on Ethereum will not be affected whatever happened to bitcoin. Ethereum could beat bitcoin and once it happened the dependency will washed out. Maybe Ethereum is a little bit dependent on bitcoin, the time will come that Ethereum will be more widely used since most of altcoins almost depends on Ethereum or other altcoins such as NEO, WAVES, or XEM.
Risktaker31

Activity: 420
Merit: 134

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:05:30 PM

This is all because of the value dependency of shitcoins or altcoins on bitcoin.
based on the popularity and whales actively buying and hoarding bitcoins the altcoins are being affected by this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: