Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:02:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The biggest problem of altcoins  (Read 4834 times)
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:17:27 PM

....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.
It can not be avoided because Bitcoin is now a benchmark of all cryptocurrencies.
When the Bitcoin price changes then it will change all Altcoin prices.
The market situation is like this and one way to try to stabilize Altcoin's price is by continuing to give trust.
Never do bad actions like panic. Believe on Altcoin and it will make things better.
Godex_io

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 03:48:56 PM

They're all dance to the tune of Bitcoin, like its pets. Really sad, and what about coins with small capitalization, which can be not affected by btc price movements - this is just the exception that proves the rule
Godex_io

Activity: 96

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 04:00:57 PM

Some altcoins that depends on Ethereum will not be affected whatever happened to bitcoin. Ethereum could beat bitcoin and once it happened the dependency will washed out. Maybe Ethereum is a little bit dependent on bitcoin, the time will come that Ethereum will be more widely used since most of altcoins almost depends on Ethereum or other altcoins such as NEO, WAVES, or XEM.
Must say, the day when Ethereum becomes independent of Bitcoin will be the greatest day in cryptocurrency history. It will put an end to Btc autocracy
wattson

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:17:14 PM

Now a lot of altcoins with a small capitalization. We can say that they do not depend on the bitcoin exchange rate. Their course at any time can raise or lower a person who does not even have a million purse.
So I choose these coins! The main thing to understand them and read about their team and technology. My portfolio of 50+ of these coins. They will give more profit than btc, eth, xrp and other...
enlightened

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:48:20 PM

One day there will come a time when one of the altcoins, for example ETH, overtakes BTC capitalization and then the dependence on BTC will be much lower. BTC is not the most technologically advanced coin, it would be logical if in a couple of years it loses its position in the top 1.
staywoke081

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

Santa Coin

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:38:07 PM

Anybody can trade altcoins and not trade Bitcoin. But because Bitcoin is paired with nearly every altcoin is makes sense that there relationship is somewhat correlated. Not always, but in general all the x's and o's add up here.

dessertinvest

Activity: 215

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:48:10 PM

The main problem with altcoins is that 95% of them are garbage.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
themistocleess

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:32:27 PM

according to me it isn't because of altcoins are dependent to bitcoin yet it is about their same kind. Both are cryptocurrancies and both of the two will be bolstered out in a period this is my figure may be I am off course.

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
https://cartesi.io/
furkantugra

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:31:08 PM

Next to this factor is that altcoin is only used to hold and sell and some of them cannot be used to buy something online or offline, I thinm this is the next problem after your problem.
SeXy

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:34:04 PM

The biggest problem is the scam which has become too much. I think that it is necessary to struggle with this, but it is very difficult to come up with a method..
btcblockchain

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:21:24 PM

the biggest problem with altcoins all market depend on bitcoin price once bitcoin gets dump then automatically all altcoins trend to fall so until altcoins arent depending on other currency then this problem continues
chicipuci

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:47:50 PM

I think it all depends on the BTC. He is the king of all coins)) But in the market of crypto currency everything can change. ETH, too, can not be ignored.
ivankoh

Activity: 1428
Merit: 120

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:58:19 PM

The biggest problem I have with altcoin is that it is affected by the volatility of the market and the price of bitcoin. There are a lot of altcoin in the uptrend but only market fluctuations and bitcoin decrease then altcoin will also decrease. This reflects the current weakness of the cryptocurrency market which is very small capitalization compared to other financial markets so it is easy to be influenced and dominated.

clawdiw

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:28:30 PM

....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.

In a sense, you are right.
The market is pretty dependent on BTC because represents the father of all coins/tokens.
Secondly, on exchanges the main currency to buy an alt is BTC, together with ETH. Therefore, when BTC/USD decreases, so do other coins/tokens,
Thirdly, BTC is the oldest and most known currency in the hood. The big whales that barely got into the market buy BTC because is the most trustworthy and less volatile of all. And when the most trustworthy and old coin is shaking, a lot of people tend to think that everything starts falling apart and sell right away.
In the future I think that EOS will be a great contender to BTC thanks to its forever free taxes for transfers. With the upcoming EOSFINEX exchange that will use EOS as pairing for buying/selling alts we'll see a bit of a decrease in the dependancy of BTC. It's just a matter of time before we'll see the EOS/alts pair in most of the exchanges, in my opinion.

AliveBuda

Activity: 206
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:49:33 AM

Wink it's my opinion, altcoin prices can not be independent from bitcoin since the trading system and all exchanges are using bitcoin price parity. If bitcoin price drops more than the rise of an altcoin price, it will also seems to drop. Bitcoin price should be stable for reliable altcoin prices.
NURTI717

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:36:46 AM

True, bitcoin will not go any better because bitcoin does not get support from other coins, because if bitcoin does not support altcoin, etherum and so on, bitcoin will stay idle at current prices, because the coins others also develop their own coi.
altcoiner

Activity: 351

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:16:10 AM

It`s true that the Altcoin is now fluctuating in price BTC, which shows the Altcoin is still manipulated by the shark. However, the future of the altcoinracs will die only the valuable Altcoin exists and it will escape the price impact of BTC.
artcool0305

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:53:55 PM

The problem with Altcoin is that it reacts excessively to the bitcoin fluctuation. Uncertainty is increasing in the long run. In this case you have to make buy-sell constantly. Find new projects, research, can be troublesome to trust. Sometimes the project can also be scam. Material and spiritual loss.
joni727397sri

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:51:11 PM

BTC is the king of every coins,There fore they must have a dependencies with both.But Other  blockchain techonologies are pretty good rather than BTC

BTC is the king of every coin, therefore they must have dependence on both. But other blockchain technology is pretty good than BTC. Agreed, ETH also still survive until now.
Coinseeker22

Activity: 294

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:04:52 PM

Bitcoin is still considered as the mother of all coin so when most of the alt coins follows an identical move. About the pump group you cannot do anything with it. Unless of course you have more wealth than they do. Instead what you can donis to invest wisely.

--- WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: