Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:27:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The biggest problem of altcoins  (Read 4842 times)
mikkev01

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:46:09 PM

The price of a bitcoin can unpredictably increase or decrease over a short period of time due to its young economy, novel nature, and sometimes illiquid markets. There’s also the problem an apparent vulnerability to theft when Bitcoins are stored in digital wallets.
VPScreator

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:40:37 PM

Altcoins have a major problem is a large dependence on Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the leader in capitalization in the cryptocurrency market and therefore nothing will change, altcoins will be strongly influenced by the growth or fall of Bitcoin.

Layers318

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 12:40:45 AM

The biggest problem with most alt coins is their inability to be paired directly to the USD on the market. These coins are normally paired with BTC, hence a fall in BTC price affects the price or value of those coins. Also, most alt coins follow the pump and dump trend leaving late investors with losses.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
tondenga2122

Activity: 490
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:41:54 AM

I think not so. If only the altcoins can bring a new way of future transaction, a new era of digital money and also have a great project and development.
I'm sure it can stand even Bitcoin price is dump. And one of the successful altcoins right now is ETH.
To88wer

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:49:14 AM

Each and everything occurring with the virtual monetary standards were totally eccentric. It is our own decency to be secure conquering the issues that exist around. Altcoins were profoundly fluctuating and like bitcoin the value moves substantially higher sooner or later and one who miss it out won't get a shot by and by to benefit offering at the ath.
kapalmabur

Activity: 2002
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:03:27 AM

....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.

I think you are 100% right, this permanent state of submission of every altcoin to Bitcoin is surreal and it's the symptom of something really wrong in this whole game. Pump and dump groups exist also in stock markets, but in crypto they are more powerful and thus visible.
of course the scenario will always be that way, because the main coin is bitcoin,
so bitcoin will always play an important role in the altcoin price movement
Crypto_Professor

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:31:20 AM

Bitcoin is called the father of Crypto. Most exchanges has it as trading par. With this, it gives btc  a stand up to dominate. Most people who a developing.
xysheeh03

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:32:59 AM

If the altcoins are not given any recognition in currency rate conversion then that would be a problem
SindiRokRok

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:39:36 AM

Yes, the situation is exactly the same as you described. when prices are rising as late as 2017, many people are storming cryptocurrency. but for now when prices are falling people are starting to scatter leaving crypto.
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1633

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 01:45:28 AM

The biggest problem right now is the extraordinary amount of scams and unprofessionalism going on, or more philosophically, Moral Hazard

Most ICO's fail, even the ones that eventually succeed constantly renegotiate terms and screw bounty hunters and investors, practices that would lend them in huge legal trouble

if this was a regulated industry. I'm all for decentralization, but Moral Hazard needs to be taken care of, to increase the dignity and reputation of Altcoins.

Nucular

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:45:59 AM

Good observations, alts are way too tied down to Bitcoin. The only coin that I really see that is somewhat independent from Bitcoin is Ethereum. Since you don't have to buy Bitcoin to purchase it. And most exchanges have Eth pairs. But we really need more.
sentoy

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:37:00 AM

I admit it is a bitcoin problem that is currently experiencing a drastic decline for 2 months to come back, it also depends on market prices again lethargic impact to all alcoin, we hope the future can solve the solution and overcome it.

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  A virtual hangout place for shopping     
  discord telegram twitter        [ JOIN NOW ]  |  culture         
cola-jere

Activity: 665
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:56:22 AM

....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.

This is true, everything is paired to bitcoin at the moment. We need to de-couple from bitcoin.
If exchanges will allow direct pairing to USD or other fiat, and alts paired directly to fiat and other coins, we won't be so dependent on bitcoin.
dianikusuma

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:08:19 AM

It is indeed difficult to understand. However, it is actually is reasonable because many of the altcoins adopted it from the bitcoin. so is natural when the occasional nice altcoin Ascension will no nothing when bitcoin just stagnant. but it certainly will not be entirely like this and not all altcoin is also the same case like this. There will be a time and a different altcoin with the other and could certainly affect other altcoins.
saras008

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:45:02 AM

Many altcoins have the best technology at the moment, but their prices depend on bitcoin charts. Probably, the dominance of bitcoin is not as it used to be, but dependence on bitcoin still exists and is very strong, because btc is the first and most popular coin.
Kay28

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:48:28 AM

I think the biggest problem right now is the increasing number of fake coins and ICO's and if that can't be controlled we would be seeing a dying economy of altcoins. We need more security tokens right now or platforms that can secure us from these fraud ICO, something like menlo.one a platform that will serve as a filter to fake and good ICOs
Gracezzy

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:53:59 AM

Bitcoin is the king and will rule for a long time as it is the most accepted. Like you said some altcoins need to break away from bitcoin, but i wonder if that is possible
Endank

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:18:08 AM

It's only a matter of time, bitcoin is a reference for other coins because its appearance makes crypto the digital market begin to expand its name.
But, don't cover up the possibility that there will be coins that can rival bitcoin and I think the most potential approach is ethereum.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:27:43 AM

Yes, this is a very big problem for the entire crypto currency. This is because the capitalization of bitcoin is too high in comparison with the capitalization of other crypto-currencies. In order for the altcoins to acquire price independence, it is necessary that there is not too much difference in capitalization between bitcoin and another crypto currency.
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:31:51 AM

Yes, this is a very big problem for the entire crypto currency. This is because the capitalization of bitcoin is too high in comparison with the capitalization of other crypto-currencies. In order for the altcoins to acquire price independence, it is necessary that there is not too much difference in capitalization between bitcoin and another crypto currency.
Can I ask a little question, why we always compare the currency of bitcoin in altcoins? Cause, if one specific token can stand up, it will be great and promising than comparing to the top crypto currency? Just wondering folks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: