Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:59:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC?  (Read 4513 times)
Axetrd

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:13:24 PM

Yes, why not. KYC is more and more met in the crypto space. It will be normally in a one year, I think. Because regulations is coming, and no one be able miss this stuff, government have a big influence for cryptocurrencies and we cannot "fight" with them right now. Maybe later, but not at this moment.
Daydream 61

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:13:55 PM

I would try to avoid it in as long as I am not sure the project is good and it is going to be profitable. Otherwise, I see no reason to give information away.
pk lurah

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:49:24 PM

According to this, there are indeed some ICOs that I follow requiring KYC as long as the project is legitimate for large aerial bridges and I think it is not a problem at all to share our identification. It's just an identity card, what they'll do with it unless they do not want to be entering our private key. Any part if anything KYC will also be responsible.

saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:00:01 PM

if the project is really good and I see that in the crypto community about it only positive feedback, then I send documents for the KYC
mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 03:11:17 AM

It is a compliant law in other selected country, but I think I made a wrong decision also, as a matter of fact, i just signed up recently on the ico sale that requires KYC. But the ICO was promising and the team and all that is behind its ICO has been verified. But I am afraid when our identity will be show, or worst their server will be breached by hackers. Lets just hope not.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Crypto Jennifer

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:48:57 AM

There's this ICO going on for an Australian company called BlockGrain.io 
You might also be interested in their BlockGrain.io bounty thread   
https://blockgrain.typeform.com/to/CLUlBw

Check this out aswell
http://m.startribune.com/as-farmers-store-and-sell-more-crops-themselves-here-s-how-cargill-stays-in-the-middle-of-the-grain-trade/483075271/
Dopansam

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:51:13 AM

I think you should no because who knows may be my documents will be as base for somebody person? Or another goal? This identification data very useful for buy/sell.
acryptolion

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 08:52:12 AM

Nope. Not a big fans of KYC. Putting up my personal info at risk is definitely a no.
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:59:09 AM

Well, KYC is good especially when the project has proven beyond reasonable doubts to be successful. It is a requirement that has been implemented by the authorities of many countries in other to eliminate the issue of money laundering and the funding of terrorists. Anyway, investors must do an intense study into the project to ascertain that their identities will be protected and be used for only verification purposes as stated by the KYC rules.
vividbery

Activity: 221
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:18:57 AM

If the ICO is good and has the potential to succeed then I will participate in it, no matter if the ICO is in need of KYC. But if the ICO is not clear then I will not participate.
Way2Paradise

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:22:37 AM

a ico which requires kyc is not interesting for me.

i can do without kyc. so then inevitably on the ico.
kostya-smrnv

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:26:32 AM

I have, but I tend to choose the ICOs I invest in very carefully, so I have a certain level of trust at least in those running the show. If I was throwing money into more ICOs looking for quick flips, even if I don't believe in the team/product/etc, then I might be a lot more wary of doing KYC.
Agreed. With personal information you need to be careful, regardless of the level of trust in the company. I think this is a violation of rights and it was possible to make an identity confirmation in another way.
entr

Activity: 602
Merit: 277

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:27:47 AM

I was suspicious about KYC requirement in ICOs but KYC stems from regulations in some countries where generally legal ICOs ask for KYC. It's a good sign for legal aspect of ICO.
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 10:29:45 AM

I don't plan on giving such a personal information on the internet. Especially when it comes to earning cryptocurrency. Because, we all know that scammers are lurking on the internet. We do not know if the information that we have given are safe in their hands. Or, they will use it for some shady things. That is the risk that I don't want to take. And, in my opinion, it defeats the purpose of cryptocurrency - being anonymous.
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:06:09 PM

I think that KYC can be a good thing for having some kind of control over ICO projects participants i.e. investors so maybe this requirement is useful and I do join such ICOs if I know that they are reliable.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
carcas

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:09:15 PM

A good average ICO makes the rules include KYC for token purchases. very difficult to get a good ICO without including kyc.
bucsren

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:22:46 PM

Actually im always choosing ICO without KYC. however, some ICO are  only announcing that they require KYC after the campaign. So i have no choice but to fill up their KYC claim my rewards. I hope ICO must announce the KYC the moment they started.
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 03:45:07 PM

Yes I have joined 2-3 ICOs that requires KYC but for airdrop I don't give KYC until its a bounty airdrop. Many airdrops are scam If you fill 100 airdrops you will hardly get 10 airdrops you can automatically calculate how genuine are airdrops. In my opinions most of the airdrops are just to have your information. I don't have any problem to give my KYC for ICOs unless its a genuine project.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
arinibawal

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:05:43 PM

Participating in ICO who has the requirement to use KYC in its distribution transaction makes the pros and cons happen. From the positive side, by using KYC, the team will know the identity of the participants and match with the original data, so it can minimize for participants who use multiple accounts. But this way makes some people feel difficult because of the requirements are a little inconvenient, unlike the typical crypto that does not need to use the original identity of the user or anonymous.
Ward

Activity: 522
Merit: 257

XETHER - BET ON HONESTY !!!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:57:44 PM

As usual ICO projects do not inform investors and bounty hunters about KYC. They do it in the end of campaign. My desire to perform KYC depend of how much money I wil get

▄▄██████████▄▄     
     ▄████████████████▄   
   ▄████████████████████▄ 
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 ▄███████████████████████▄
▐██████████████████████████▌
 ▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████████▀
   ▀████████████████████▀ 
     ▀████████████████▀   
       ▀▀██████████▀▀     

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄███████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███  █████▀▀▀██  █  ███
███  ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███  ███
███  ██▀ █████ ▀██  ███
███  ██▄ █████ ▄██  ███
███  ████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
███  █████▄▄▄█████  ███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
 ▀███████████████████▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: