Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:34:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC?  (Read 4513 times)
jimskiy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:26:29 AM

I was unbelievable about ICO needed KYC document, what for we have upload our document to participated and buy an ico token. By the way I was agrre if KYC needed for bounty campaign participant to keep away from multi account participated by bounty campaign member, but why have to upload our KYC document for investor, there are will be some ico leave by investor because many rule have allow to invest on ico project and will be unsuccess ico.

BTC BitwayBTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
────────  DiscordInstagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook   ────────
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:47:13 AM

I join ICO's that require KYC because now a days that is the only thing which is keeping the ICO under tighter regulations. Why this one is important anyway? Well, this ensures that they are legit and if they someday run away with your money then you can actually legally take them down as they will also have registered themselves with regulatory bodies with their own KYS forms. Thus making you and the company completely open to trade and publicly available all the time. The previous ICO had chance to get away leaving behind just the company name and nothing else. So I believe I like the concept of sending my KYC to the KYS verified ICO.
Totally agree! It is a good thought. I also know that some ICOs have requested KYC for Bounty campaigns and the reason explained by ICO is to prevent users from having their participation with multiple accounts.

sugarlady43

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:51:19 PM

I don't like to join ICO that requires KYC especially on bounty because I got disappointed on it. I joined one and reject my KYC application. They ask this after the ICO my effort came useless and I didn't received my token.
ntuananh200a

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:15:15 AM

Much depends on banking relations maintainance)when I invested in Localcoinswap,they told they  perform KYC on all fiat purchases made through their bank account. The great thing about this project is the platform itself,  LCS does not transact any fiat currency.
miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:42:23 AM

Personally, I don't like passing KYC procedure, but the most top ICOs requires this procedure due to the government regulations. Today, it looks suspicious if the ICO doesn't requires KYC its participant to complete KYC.
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:45:10 AM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
Yes i do, it's fine to do kyc for icos that you think is great and have a lot of potential, it is normal thing yo do as they have to follow the regulation to run the project, in fact that means they have consider a lot of things especially about regulations. It is different thing though for bounty or kyc as i don't want to do it most of the time.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
zoharmaris

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:11:54 AM

If it is a good ICO with the reasons why they need KYC, that is not a problem, especially if there is a decent team. If that is a doubtful ICO, I am not risking to provide them my documents, will better buy from the exchange then.
MariaSerebrennikova

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:16:48 AM

I do not join airdrop, which require KYC, because airdrop can really use my data when I participate in the ICO and I am sure in the project, then I fill in the KYC.
faranisa

Activity: 144

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:20:43 AM

Its not problem at all for KYC because I am eligible not came from country that not allowed by kyc. But I hope every ICO should give information at the earlier time to every one about KYC.
santouao

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:25:11 AM

KYC(Know Your Customer) on some ICO's is quiet good because other inital coin offering follows the rules and regulations in their country. So I'm quiet agree in KYC because that's also for the sake of the ICO as a company but on airdrops that requires KYC don't join because it is quiet malicious act.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
[/center]
youcansee

Activity: 406
Merit: 14

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:27:40 AM

I join ICO's that require KYC because now a days that is the only thing which is keeping the ICO under tighter regulations. Why this one is important anyway? Well, this ensures that they are legit and if they someday run away with your money then you can actually legally take them down as they will also have registered themselves with regulatory bodies with their own KYS forms. Thus making you and the company completely open to trade and publicly available all the time. The previous ICO had chance to get away leaving behind just the company name and nothing else. So I believe I like the concept of sending my KYC to the KYS verified ICO.
Totally agree! It is a good thought. I also know that some ICOs have requested KYC for Bounty campaigns and the reason explained by ICO is to prevent users from having their participation with multiple accounts.
the actual implementetion of the KYC system for bounty hunters is a strange thing, because if the project we follow is a scamm. then the dangers of data we enter can be sold them

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
shoujiuhaituo7

Activity: 210
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:29:10 AM

If ICO is promising, it is reasonable to believe and know that they will succeed and need KYC.

But airdrop, I don't believe them. They just want my personal information.
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:31:49 AM

the actual implementetion of the KYC system for bounty hunters is a strange thing, because if the project we follow is a scamm. then the dangers of data we enter can be sold them

I don't exactly remember which ico it was (maybe multiple) but there were already some personal docs gotten through ico's floating around on the darkwebs. It's probably not a bad pay check selling legit docs.  
benedictonathan

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 03:33:56 AM

I came across to one airdrop campaign and saw that many people are joining in but was puzzled me is that in its google doc link I saw something that said ETH Private Key. I am thinking of creating an ETH address solely for that project but it got me thinking. Poor guys who actually gave their private keys on that airdrop. Sorry I forgot the name but I am pretty sure some of you encountered these.

e GOLD
..M   I   N   I   N   G
                                     ██
                                  o█████
                                ,████P███
                               d████'  Y█
                              d████'    ██
                            ,████PLd█.  ███
                           d█████████'   Y██b████
                      _  ,██████████[     '█████████
                   _o███b███████████     ,d███████P██
                  o████████PO████████   ,██████████`"███
                d████████P',███████P   d███████████    YYbo█████
             ,o███████P"' d███████P  ,█████P `Y███       `███PY███
         ,██████████'    `Y███P''   d█PP`'     `"'         Y██L `Y██
        o██"""'██P'      d██P'     `P'                     `████L Y███
      ,██P    o█'       o█P                                  `Y██L Y███
     d██P               `                                      Y██   Y███
   ,████' ,p                                                    `'     `Y██
  o███P                                                                  `███
,████P                                                                     `Y███

Passive Income For eGM Token Holders
Through Cryptocurrency Mining Profits

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

WHITEPAPER

How it Works
███

███
███████████████████████████████████

INVEST NOW

███████████████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███

We plan to be the first USA
cryptosecurity that pays investors
a share of net profits every month
regardless of the state of the market.
nhattori27

Activity: 387
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:50:50 AM

I haven't participated in any ICO that requires KYC (know your customer) over the past few months. I think we have to protect our personal data, we shouldn't rely on others.
Crypto Jennifer

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:59:24 AM

Yes I have came across one and its really different. You might be interested in this ICO going on for an Australian company called BlockGrain.io  They’re aiming to automate the supply chain with Grain and later on Fruit/Vegetables/Wool. The sale has started.
BlockGrain.io bounty thread worth a look https://blockgrain.typeform.com/to/CLUlBw
Check out this aswell:
https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/blockgrain-mountain-state-trialing-blockchain-beer-tracking-system/
kamalkk

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:37:51 AM

Yes actually most of the ICO i've joined requires KYC as long as the project is legit for the airdrop a big NO i don't particapte especially if they require KYC it's just a waste of time.
buonngu.miendo4

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:19:26 PM

Doing KYC is not bad but so many ICO now used it to an extent, of not paying hunters at the end of the bounty. At least my country is not restricted from cryptocurrency so there's no need for me to hide my identity besides its for the interest of investors and the promoters . Smiley Smiley
el_lobo
Copper Member

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:27:20 PM

I see no problem in kyc. If i'm firmly convinced that i want to invest in an ico, i would do kyc too.
Only if i was unsure of the ico, i would make no kyc, but then probably not invest.
Of course i am afraid that the ico is an scam and the fraudsters have my data, but no risk no fun.
popotao97

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:03:57 PM

I saw Selfkey project is building a decentralized KYC platform and I even noticed a few ICOs that used their services already.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: