Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:43:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC?  (Read 4513 times)
HighlanderMonk

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:17:56 AM

Honestly, I do not take part in many ICO. But the ones I have taken part required KYC. I think it's a sort of a standard now. And good startups have KYC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smhome354

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:20:31 AM

I have joined an ICO before and I'm not familiar with KYC before. At the end of the campaign this ICO suddenly required members of the KYC. This is not a problem to me because I'm not hiding anything. I hope that with KYC my privacy is still secured.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs & Blockchain Companies ▼ Join Our ICO Now! ▼
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:23:43 AM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

First of all, I don't even join airdrops today. I don't like the way the quality of airdrop has gone down too low. If the airdrop is asking too much personal information, avoid it. As regards KYC, it does not matter that much to me especially if the particular ICO I am interested to invest in looks really promising. I don't mind undergoing the necessary KYC requirements for as long as the project I am participating is very good.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
freo01

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:31:35 AM

I don't because what's the purpose of anonymity if you are just going to present your identity right? I prefer those ICO that just respect the privacy of an investor because it's cryptocurrency where anonymity is crucial. But a lot of ICO are doing KYC which is bad in my opinion.
lalatao73

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:35:52 AM

To me i do join ico's that requires kyc as long asthey will pay,  I do not mind to do the verification as long as I'm sure ico project is really safe.
maurobiasolo

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

http://scientificcoin.com/

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:42:04 AM

I do participate: what's the problem? I have a single account with my name... the issue if for the guys participating with multiple accounts: of course, they violate the campaign rules

SCIENTIFICCOIN - platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation

TelegramFacebookTwitter ‖   PLATFORM   ‖ RedditMediumWhitepaper
O9NpJ9ld1opS

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World"

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:53:12 AM

Almost all ICO's requires KYC nowadays. It's because of the regulatory issues which will become more worse in the coming months. It's just the starting of Regulations. Ethereum was recently announced as not a security. But also a statement was made regarding ICO's. They probably would be announced as securities.
About giving your documents to icos, it is really not safe indeed. They can do whatever they want with our documents. I usually prefer to join ico pools as they don't need our documents. But make sure the pools are trusted.
annawill3

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:58:23 PM

I almost joined in one signature bounty campaign, I'm glad I came back to check the rules again when I saw that they are doing KYC, after that I immediately take out my signature and avatar, I will not join any KYC backed ICO even if the project is good or profitable.
bellanas

Activity: 392
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:01:10 PM

No. I do not provide anyone with my documents, because I do not know who they will end up with. This is a big risk.
ILLuzion

Activity: 138
Merit: 12

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 04:02:55 PM

Yes, I participated in such ICOs, although I think that this is not correct. But there's nothing to do if I liked the project.

nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:25:26 PM

I willingly participate in projects which demand KYC passing. In my opinion it is a good indicator!

aren't you afraid of that your personal data will be improperly used? some scam projects also may require KYC and who knows how they will manage user data.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
hmmkay

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:41:32 PM

KYC is not ICO’s requirement, it is SEC’s requirement. If you don’t do that procedure, some difficulties may appear. So, I don’t mind at all doing KYC.

yeuskz999999

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:25:00 PM

I had joined a bounty that requires KYC and thankfully I have passed the procedure they did it because the company is based in US and they are required to do KYC for bounties because of the law
Klara_karlovna

Activity: 392
Merit: 70

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:30:39 PM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

Is there a choice? if you want to participate, you have to pass the KYC.
you can use as a protection label with the name of the project. At least it will be clear from the leaked documents. Now the situation with FANTOM is unclear. I received an e-mail with the ERC20 address, but after the end of sale  Grin.
Skroojee

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:41:02 PM

It all depends on what kind of project it is. If I am confident in the project in which I want to invest, then most likely I will still send them my data, despite the fact that I do not like to pass KYC.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Stimah24

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:49:12 PM

I specifically hate ICO, bounty, or Airdrop that requires KYC. Once I find out that KYC is required, I backed off from such projects because some of them might use our information for fraudulent activity.
rysheeer

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:56:55 PM

Yes as long as it is really trusted because you're giving away your identity and you need to think about the risks before participating on a KYC, but it is a good way to avoid illegal activities on ICO's too.
mommysean

Activity: 201

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:03:06 AM

yes,i think most of ICOs right now are requiring KYC from their contributors.
i joined bounty campaign with requires KYC to received the rewards.
it won't be a problem if you just have a single account.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 03:29:39 AM

As I always say and I would continue to say that KYC is a new invention in this forum because it was not what our crypto forefathers envisage. They wanted a decentralized community where all the huddles of government are totally eliminated. KYC to me is a way to re-introduce the control mechanism back to the ecosystem. Infact KYC in any form, whether ICO or airdrop should not be accepted.

HOMT