Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:50:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC?  (Read 4513 times)
tresbien21

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:29:03 PM

If it's not a bad project, and you know that it will bring profit, then why not join it.Doing KYC is fine as long as the project seems legit and the team members have a professional background and past experience.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:31:02 PM

Most of legit ICO before is requiring KYC, that is one of my basis for joining ICO, because thru KYC, it is knowing the customer, so, the company is making sure that their project will  don't cause a problem in the future. But now, even the ICO have KYC, there's still lot of SCAM ICO , so be careful on investing in ICO, even there is KYC.
bimbie

Activity: 185
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:36:49 PM

I have never participated in ICO that requires KYC and i have been participated in some airdrops but no one requires a KYC.I do not know exactly why they requires KYC why they need more of tour personal information wherein bitcointalk you hide your true identity.

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
yannick225

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:46:20 PM

The demand from the participants of the ICO generosity campaign from his team to pass the KYC check is illegal. Such a verification is carried out only with respect to investors and mainly with a view to preventing the laundering of dirty money. We do not invest in these projects and therefore should not undergo such verification. In this regard, I never join the signature campaign of the ICO, if, in the conditions of accession, even the possibility of conducting a KYC check is indicated clearly.
ningo

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:53:09 PM

So far as I am not a criminal why will I worry about  doing a kyc?To me I will gladly do a kyc a thousand times but the only danger here is how the data is handled.Handling the data can be very dangerous though.
jins937

Activity: 151

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:56:16 PM

I try to avoid projects that require KYC. because I think that my data can be used by scammers.
jamesmarkx

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:59:26 PM

no infact i dont even join any ico, i believe infuture ico coins will suffer the most with regulations and stuff only decentralized coins with no creators identity such as bitcoin would survive, its easy to close down a project when you know who is behind it. Besides 95% of ico fail anyway so whats the point hopefully xrp and eth bite the dust soon sometime too when btc has second layer solutions ready for smart contracts and LN

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:43:12 PM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

The same situation happens in my ICO that all of my investments offer KYC for securing the fund raised during token sales and it also need when you cash out money in banks and needs to know your identity to verify your transactions.

▄▄
 ▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄         ▄▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████▀░░▀█████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░██░█████
█░░▀█████░░████████▄░░▄█████
 ░█░░░░░░░██████████████████
 ░░▄████████░░████████░░░░█
  █████████░██░░░░░░░░░██░█
   █████████░░░████████░░█
    ░░░░░░███████████████
     ████░░█████▀░░▀████
      ████░░░░░░░░██░██
       ██████████▄░░▄█
         ███████████
           ███████
             ███
SECURYPTO|  MONETIZING ANONYMOUS 
   CONTENT DISTRIBUTION   
|JOIN NOW
     AIR DROP!
|
FOLLOW
US ON:

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
     ████▀▀▀▀
     ███
     ███
  ██████████
  ██████████
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
|
WHITEPAPER
GITHUB
YOUTUBE
REDDIT
easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:47:19 PM

no infact i dont even join any ico, i believe infuture ico coins will suffer the most with regulations and stuff only decentralized coins with no creators identity such as bitcoin would survive, its easy to close down a project when you know who is behind it. Besides 95% of ico fail anyway so whats the point hopefully xrp and eth bite the dust soon sometime too when btc has second layer solutions ready for smart contracts and LN
There isn't anything that is wrong with that because most ICO's have a low price that they begin with but they usually have a lower price when they are released on an exchange.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
MuneraMunera

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:54:53 PM

Almost every reliable ICO requires KYC due to legal issues. It's  a normal process guys. I think you shouldn't worry about it. The only thing is to participate in only trusted and reliable ICOs,
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:31:38 AM

Yes of course and per experienced, the ICOs i've been part of that requires KYC before i got my bounty rewards turned to be a very good ICO that skyrocketed its market value. I never have a second thought to participate in ICO that requires KYC to their investors and bounty participants.

fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 12:49:02 AM

I'm don't mind at all to do KYC, because I am located in non restricted country. As long as they don't want us to input our private key I think its not a problem at all sharing our identification. Its only an identity card, what would they do with that.

Damn this is the very thing that internet experts and Vpn companies want us to avoid, leaking our information on the internet, why not do a research about it your ignorance about this will cost you a lot, you looked like you just learn how to surf after waking up today.

jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:52:21 AM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

I dont know where is the logic why ICO needs KYC? The fact that you can buy token and coins on exchange without KYC. KYC is one major problem why sales drop or even not reach softcap because not all people who want to buy token has no proof of identity. Most of ICO without KYC has a bigger sales.

#Support Vanig
Inikoo

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:27:26 AM

Absolutely, I do not see why not. Sure, if somebody is from China, or USA, KYC-s can be quite annoying. But I am not from there, and doing a KYC takes only a couple minutes most of the time.

feranmi2018

Activity: 121

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 06:40:53 AM

Yes I do join ico with kyc but I am very careful with any project requiring for details and documents for this as some might be looking for ways to still information cheaply. There are many fake icos out there so there is need for [Suspicious link removed]munity to be careful
wateball

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:49:54 AM

Although I really want to continue to participate in the ICO, due to the complicated phenomenon in the market, the project side has more and more scams. I am afraid to continue to participate in the ICO. I prefer to go to the exchange to buy the coins that have already been online.
margaret22

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:17:00 AM

KYC-s are usualy done by a 3rd party company, which can absolutely be trusted, as it is their main job to keep your data safe. So yes, I join ICO-s with KYC.

tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:19:27 AM

KYC is not a standard because many countries required this for security and to prevent frauds, so it's not a problem for me to do KYC. Nowadays the procedures are very fast too.
hung58bitcoin

Activity: 151
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:24:21 AM

I think this is normal. Because Ico projects they want real investors and do not come from countries banned from joining Ico. As such, they will avoid legal trouble. On the other hand, you should KYC on the project really good because if you participate in the scam project then your data will be subject to hackers.
Dr.Lecter

Activity: 602
Merit: 134

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:34:13 AM

well, if i can get over 500$ from the bounty which need KYC, i willing do KYC.
p/s: i prefer the bounty don't need KYC, that why i have joined BITTECH bounty.  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: