Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:20:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become a daily currency???  (Read 1130 times)
rasyiqul1505

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:19:51 AM

if bitcoin used as a means of payment that we use on a daily basis it will make it easier for everyone to buy something. I think it takes a long time if bitcoin is made as a means of payment like real money. at this time not all stores in the world who receive bitcoin as a means of payment but in certain countries that have received bitcoin, they have received bitcoin as a legal means of payment.
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:40:29 AM

Maybe before Bitcoin can even become a daily currency, it must be accepted in most countries and be trusted worldwide. Not everybody is knowledgeable about Bitcoin or even Cryptocurrencies. They must first be interested to learn about this technology before they accept it. Using Bitcoin as transactions will make payments faster and you do not have to queue in long lines and just send the payment directly.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:25:26 AM

My own personal hope is that we will see cryptocurrencies develop into currencies we will use on a daily basis.  in my opinion, bitcoin will be a good place to start due to the mainstream knowledge about Bitcoin,  but I do not think it's the best-suited kind for daily use and I believe we have a long way to go before it is a viable alternative to Fiat currencies for the majority of people.

It is not ideal for bitcoin to become a daily currency sooner because there are still some problems when it comes to fluctuating prices that's why only a few companies accept bitcoin now. Small value transaction is not that ideal as well to transact with bitcoin because of the fee. The fee may be low but still a small value transaction transaction would become expensive with added fees. At least the confirmation time should become instant or almost instant when you want to pay with it because in a scenario wherein you need to pay some groceries with bitcoin, there would be a lot of people waiting on line so you do not want to delay them by waiting for your transaction to get confirmed.

There is also the problem with accessibility because if we see the larger picture, there are still so many people who have little to no access in technology so it would be hard for them to use cryptocurrency if they don't have any idea what it is and its purpose.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
yurenchuang7125

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:30:45 AM

Impossible at present stage, and the country and is not a fool, and the technology of digital currency is open source, all the benefits of digital currency bank clear ten thousand times than the average person, really realize the full digital currency even a penny of ordinary people can't pay less tax, they are actively doing, the future must be digital currency, issued by the operating system must be more complicated than the COINS, of course, a lot.
Crytptohack

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

HodL!

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 01:31:31 AM

I have recently written an article about the possibility of Bitcoin becoming currency we will use on daily basis.  so now I want to ask the question do you think we will see if it can be used as a daily currency???  or do you think it will be more like gold a good store of value???
My own personal hope is that we will see cryptocurrencies develop into currencies we will use on a daily basis.  in my opinion, bitcoin will be a good place to start due to the mainstream knowledge about Bitcoin,  but I do not think it's the best-suited kind for daily use and I believe we have a long way to go before it is a viable alternative to Fiat currencies for the majority of people.

For inspirational purposes, I have included my article
https://cryptoms.online/2018/02/27/will-bitcoin-become-a-daliy-currency/

If BTC continues to appreciate year over year like it has, people will want to hold onto it as an investment rather than spend it. I think people will only spend it if they have to due to survival. Plus there is a tax issue, especially in the US where all transactions are seen as a taxable event which is BS IMO.

Can you imagine buying a cup of coffee and need to document how much BTC you spent and how much is going to taxes? LOL, complete BS.
OTOCASH

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

OTOCASH (OTO)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 01:35:12 AM

I think the BTC will be used by some countries in the next few years.

A Future Currency Is With OTOCASH (OTO) Token - www.otocash.io

===== OTOCASH (OTO) =====
ungongbuotan

Activity: 290
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:37:51 AM

Bitcoin was design to be like fiat but people see great potential of it and it was used more like gold. I believe in the near future bitcoin will go back to its original purpose which is to become a free currency that anyone can use and become commonly used like fiat. The more bitcoin become widely accepted, the more we get to see people using it. Basically its just a matter of time before that happens.
dgdhs

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:08:15 AM

Bitcoin was design to be like fiat but people see great potential of it and it was used more like gold. I believe in the near future bitcoin will go back to its original purpose which is to become a free currency that anyone can use and become commonly used like fiat. The more bitcoin become widely accepted, the more we get to see people using it. Basically its just a matter of time before that happens.

I think both the measure of value and the means of storage will be flawed bitcoin. The property of bitcoin electronic money is that it can only exist on the hard disk of a computer and must rely on the Internet. The problems that face the first and foremost are the Internet security issues. And bitcoin does not have much value-scale attributes at all. The main feature of Bitcoin is limited supply, which determines that it ultimately can only be a non-mainstream currency.
CJPEREZ

Activity: 121

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:32:36 AM

Yes i think bitcoin make our physical currency in a country because bitcoin is very expensive in this time so it is possible to make it daily currency
wuencds

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:41:40 AM

I think Bitcoin can not become a real currency in a short time. There are many people now and many countries have not accepted bitcoin yet.
Robotbitcoin22

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:48:51 AM

Maybe for now it can not be used for everyday life because it is still a controversy in some countries about means of payment with bitcoin. as in my country that prohibits the existence of bitcoin for transactions
ImPomy

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:49:19 AM

Judging from the advancement of bitcoin as a digital currency, this can be ensured that bitcoin will become the single currency in all countries, with the presence of digital currency will make it easier for all people in doing transactions anywhere between countries and even other countries.
mostafiz566

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:50:10 AM

Day by day popularity of bitcoin is rise.
So it will possible that bitcoin become a daily currency but more time needed.
sicnarfkswiss

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:52:08 AM

I have recently written an article about the possibility of Bitcoin becoming currency we will use on daily basis.  so now I want to ask the question do you think we will see if it can be used as a daily currency???  or do you think it will be more like gold a good store of value???

For inspirational purposes, I have included my article
https://cryptoms.online/2018/02/27/will-bitcoin-become-a-daliy-currency/

Honestly, I think it will not become a daily currency because it needs a time to transact, its not like a fiat where we can keep in our pocket and get it anytime we want. This digital currency is very good in purchasing items online but on daily basis i think it will never be
tomanybitcoins

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:53:42 AM

Don't think so since bitcoin has max supply.
The same reason why gold can't be a daily currency.  As the economy grows, bitcoin will become more valuable. People will stop spending their bitcoin as it could be more valuable later.

JMLARDIZABAL082915

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:54:32 AM

I don't think bitcoin will become a daily currency in just a short period of time because it is not yet widely known. Maybe it will but for sure it'll take long time to make bitcoin as means of payment.
Geoll29

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:57:33 AM

Bitcoin can be compared to bank credit or debit cards. Users can use it to buy things they need if they don't have cash on hand. This process is safer for everyone against lawless elements who need instant cash. In our country we use bitcoin to pay someone. It is not being use yet to buy basic commodities. I hope this time will come soon.

rhayot

Activity: 351

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:59:59 AM

By this moment, bitcoin will not be a daily currency because of it's supply and it is not yet recognize in the whole world as a type of currency especially the governments. Just like gold, gold is not part of daily currency but it is valuable because of its limited demand. But, hopefully in the near future bitcoin will become a daily currency and be part of our daily lives.
usechain

Activity: 246
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:00:13 AM

No, it is just used now as a store of value, and for trading to make money. It cannot be used in daily life because of confirmation speed etc. It will take time for daily currency usage.
In the future, Bitcoin may become a daily payment method, but for now, bitcoin's confirmation speed technology is not enough to support its daily use, and can only be used as an asset or investment product. I think that as technology advances, it will reach that point.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:14:32 AM

No. Daily currency means being able to buy a cup of coffee instantly and pay for it immediately as well.
With current TX fee of $10-20 and tx confirmation taking a while, bitcoin will not be a "daily global currency".
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: