Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:53:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become a daily currency???  (Read 1130 times)
crisanto01

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:39:03 PM

it is impossible if bitcoin is used as a daily currency, bitcoin is not suitable for that.
bitcoin is more suitable for use as an investment tool to make money.

You are right that bitcoin is not suitable to become a daily currency but in the future when the technology grows even more then there is a huge chance that the transaction fees will be decreased and the security as well will be better and cryptocurrency will be fully accepted by the community.
Bitcoin cannot become a daily currency because it will not be considered by the government as a currency or as a legal tender, it can just be used as an alternative to it but not to be used as the only mode of payment, or remitting money.
pathapoddo

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

CRYPTOCITIZEN $CCASH

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:40:04 PM

It will take some time to make Bitcoin as a daily currency for us. But it is possible. So we need keep patience for that.

⎔ CRYPTOCITIZEN ┇ RULE & EARN 【 $CCASH 】
MMO RPG METAVERSE ON BSC ┇ FIGHT  • •  DRAG RACE  • •  EARN
➥ TELEGRAM ➥ TWITTER ➥ TWITCH ➥ WEBSITE  • • 【 WEBSITE 】
MakLampir

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:45:45 PM

bitcoin as daily currency? it is impossible
imagine, how much transaction costs will we spend if we use bitcoin to pay for small necessities such as buying cigarettes, coffee, or paying a taxi. it will be very inconvenient as well as make you loss.
zentdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:57:29 PM

I have recently written an article about the possibility of Bitcoin becoming currency we will use on daily basis.  so now I want to ask the question do you think we will see if it can be used as a daily currency???  or do you think it will be more like gold a good store of value???

You got a nice and informative article, I hope I can write the same.
I am bitcoin believer, holder and user. But I commonly use my bitcoin to pay services or buy occasionally online because there are few merchants that accept bitcoin as a payment.
On the other hand, if I see bitcoin price is low, i prefer to use fiat than bitcoin. But when the price of bitcoin is high, just like last december, I have manage to use some for the holidays.
If most of the people will hoard bitcoins, it is definitely follow the same fait of gold. But if there are so many merchant and the price is quite stable, there is no doubt it could be a daily currency.
Benarand

Activity: 773

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:14:29 PM

If the government is ready to legalize the crypto currency in its own territory, then why not? States that see the future in the bitcoin and do not see threats to their economy, they accept it as one of the means of payment, while regulating it.
herecomesjohnny

Activity: 156
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:18:58 PM

No, it is just used now as a store of value, and for trading to make money. It cannot be used in daily life because of confirmation speed etc. It will take time for daily currency usage.

With time maybe the option for the usage as the daily currency will become available. With time transaction speed, high fees and everything else that still has the flaws will be improved. Lastly, the value of the Bitcoin needs to be increased for the people to use it as a daily currency and finally it must be approved by the countries that will support that implementation into everyday society.

There is still much to do for the improvement of the Bitcoin as such and till everything improves and people start seeing the true potential of the Bitcoin it will remain as a store of value.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:17:54 PM

To ensure that bitcoin can be used every day for domestic needs, on the one hand, it is necessary that its transactions are carried out very quickly, almost instantly. In addition, the amount of commission fees should be small. On the other hand, it is necessary to have the infrastructure for servicing the crypto currency and, above all, bitcoin. Bitcoin should be taken everywhere directly as a means of payment. In addition, there should be very favorable legislative conditions for the circulation of the crypto currency in the country, and the population must have a high level of income in order to have the technical ability to use the crypto currency as a means of payment even in the most insignificant payments. This set of conditions is difficult to achieve.
fromAtoZ

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:19:46 PM

I have recently written an article about the possibility of Bitcoin becoming currency we will use on daily basis.  so now I want to ask the question do you think we will see if it can be used as a daily currency???  or do you think it will be more like gold a good store of value???
My own personal hope is that we will see cryptocurrencies develop into currencies we will use on a daily basis.  in my opinion, bitcoin will be a good place to start due to the mainstream knowledge about Bitcoin,  but I do not think it's the best-suited kind for daily use and I believe we have a long way to go before it is a viable alternative to Fiat currencies for the majority of people.

For inspirational purposes, I have included my article
https://cryptoms.online/2018/02/27/will-bitcoin-become-a-daliy-currency/

It may be happenning to coins like IOTA or Ripple but for bitcoin I don't see it possible.
Chaki

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:29:23 PM

Yes, life is much more better and much for fun if Bitcoin become daily currency for the entire world, no need to look foe ex-changer every time you go to different countries, just open up your digital wallet and you can do transaction wherever and whenever you want.

█▄█▄█  ⚷ ROCATI ⚷ █▄█▄█
First Cryptocurrency Linked to a Tangible Asset: Real Estate Properties
https://www.rocati.net/
Strongball

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:36:20 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 09:00:23 AM by Strongball

I think there will come a time they will be so. With the
popularity and influence it has recently, they are reasonable
options for payment solutions that really have lasting impact and a very
effective and reliant technology. It does possess the means and the system
to pull something that massively reliable and widely adapted. Bitcoins are fast but
to meet demands, bitcoin must first be approved and accepted by the government and
coordinate to all financial sectors and establishments so that a national or even a global currency
system might be implemented and fully utilized to serve and cater to people.
AnnaGeraMsk

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:51:44 PM

it seems to me that bitcoin passed the point of no return where it became an investment tool!
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:02:17 AM

why not ? it is possible bitcoin will be used daily, peoples will prefer cashless in the future.
and bitcoin can be used without the identity of the users. users can remain anonymous with bitcoin.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
namei87

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:09:21 AM

For the time being, Bitcoin is only suitable as an investment product, it is difficult to be used on a large scale, because of the transaction costs and the speed of confirmation. Bitcoin is still moving from the global circulation of currencies, and it is not so easy to become a mainstream currency.
yasong

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:20:15 AM

My own personal hope is that we will see cryptocurrencies develop into currencies we will use on a daily basis.  in my opinion, bitcoin will be a good place to start due to the mainstream knowledge about Bitcoin,  but I do not think it's the best-suited kind for daily use and I believe we have a long way to go before it is a viable alternative to Fiat currencies for the majority of people.

Great article, it seems that you have a thorough understanding of Bitcoin. Although this road is very difficult, I believe that one day you will see what you have described.
biangf

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:28:19 AM

For daily consumption activities, Bitcoin's trading speed is still a bit slow and the process is a bit complicated, so I think it does not apply. Of course, with the development of technology, it will be gradually optimized, in the future there may be this idea may be achieved, but not the present.
gareng1468

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:32:41 AM

at this time I think it can not be used as a daily currency because the speed of transactions is still very slow unless there is an increase in transaction speed, also this transaction still requires a global internet connection. if the use is offline and the transfer speed is fast I think it can be used for daily.
the developer team will definitely change the authentication scheme in daily transactions if many countries do not prohibit their use.

MoonX      
───   http://www.moon.family/   ───
TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:39:16 AM

at this time I think it can not be used as a daily currency because the speed of transactions is still very slow unless there is an increase in transaction speed, also this transaction still requires a global internet connection. if the use is offline and the transfer speed is fast I think it can be used for daily.
the developer team will definitely change the authentication scheme in daily transactions if many countries do not prohibit their use.

nice overview you got there bro. I frankly agree to your views about bitcoin transactions, i think think devs must change the bitcoin or they must do an upgrade regarding in transaction issues  they may want to add a lightning network as well in order to attain a high speed process . for now , bitcoin is already being used as a daily currency mostly in online world. soon i would like to see bitcoin being used offline without the use of internet just like we did on fiats or regular curency.
Shubhamjuneja24

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:03:33 AM

At thos particular time it is not possible for btc To become daily use currency because the speed of transaction is still very slow
ladyinredcoins2018

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:15:18 AM

It has the potential to become a daily use currency in fact that's kind of the whole point of it, whether it will become one however is mostly up to luck/fate/circumstance. If it gains mainstream use and approval by majority of governments it can easily become a mainstream currency used daily(some countries already essentially use it as a a daily currency).
I agree with you, and I hope time will come that it will. With the advent of technology this is more beneficial than using paper bills. This will help eliminate the over use of earths natural resources such us cutting trees to make paper bills and other minerals to make current coins.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:31:44 AM

I think it is not feasible to use it as a daily currency or the way we use traditional fiat currency because of its heavily fluctuating value. Nevertheless, it may pass as a new currency we can use daily IF it will be regulated. It is only proper regulation that can stabilize its price, and nothing more. You see, Bitcoin has been in existence for a decade now but its value is still outrageously dancing in the air which cannot be determined with certainty as to when it will soar or collapse. This is expected because it is decentralized. It is too sensitive to withstand external factors. Hence, a little negative news can cause severe damage to its value. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: