Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:12:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148389 times)
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:42:24 AM

Bill Gates's opinions on the matter are so banal that they are not even worth being reported. And the fact that it is a VIP to have banal opinions doesn't make them less banal. In fact, this episode could be read as he had in fact said nothing about cryptocurrencies, but a lot about himself.
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:57:24 AM

Yes, definitely right about the risk. Can be reset. Crypto is risky. But I find it's worth the risk.
Hi, Bill Gates isn`t  expert in  these fields. No one was born in CryptoWorld. Crypto is so complex. The main sources of information (Reddit, Telegram, Slack, Twitter) are chaotic. So curate the information carefully.
cacucacok91

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:03:03 AM

Let him go to hell, I don't believe Analytics including him, they all have the same goal

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
.CRYPTONITY.

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   .Telegram.   ANN Thread
.▬Twitter▬.     Discord     ..Facebook..
Reddit  ●●⚫   Medium   ⚫●●  LinkedIn
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:05:16 AM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

I have some questions to ask from your guys. Why should we always bow down to authorities? Are you guys that meek and submissive that whatever the authorities are saying you will instantly follow without question? That is not just stupid of you. That makes all you guys like zombies, dead men walking.

Honestly, how do you look at cryptocurrencies? It is but an innovation of the future that will shaken up the system that is ruling our present time. And that is badly needed. To hell with authorities. They have failed us time and time again and they should learn to accept that fact.
tinof

Activity: 343
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:10:19 AM

What do you expect form a guy is was the richest in the world for so long? He is part of the existing model.
He is saying nothing bad, just raise concern about some issues, that a problem for him. He as against anonymity and that is very understandable from someone like him.

AzureDragon

Activity: 244
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:15:38 AM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Unfortunately Mr. Gates is right. It is necessary to agree that at the moment there is no mutual understanding between cryptocommunity and other social institutes. This moment will come when blockchain offers breakthrough technology (despite the anonymity of operations).
shabalinoff

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:17:19 AM

Actually initially cryptocurrency was created as a opposition to authorities and banking system. And now authorities in many countries actively try to set up control on cryptos.
Concerning BG, he is too old-fashioned for accepting crypto.
I will not get surprised if he decides to ban crypto sites in new windows updates in future Grin
jk9694

Activity: 274
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:19:29 AM

undoubtedly he says the right things, but there are a lot of people who will not support him and who are profitable to speculate and they are also billionaires
larsbalzak

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:20:10 AM

A greedy billionaire cunt who is upset because he didn't invest before the hype. Don't be like Bill.
wahyu wida

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:35:48 AM

in my opinion crytocurrency dont have intrinsic value, so may be bill gate think cryptocurrency can bubble anytime if lost followers. but althought with no intrinsic value, cryptocurrency followers always growth every day so i think what bill gate worried will not happen.
beside that the goverment still find solution to protect of cryptocurrency abuse, such as terorism and money loundry like in indonesian country
Socioman

Activity: 224

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 11:44:06 AM

In my opinion, this one-sided thinking. Yes, crypto currency is used for illegal purposes. But this is not the only application of crypto currency. Crypto-currency carries progress. And drugs and terrorism were sponsored earlier and continue to be also sponsored for dollars. So why is there no such noise around the dollar ?!

RYXES

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:49:59 AM

It seems the only way the cryptocurrency market is going is that anonymous coins will be banned universally and blockchains with recorded ledgers and recorded addresses controlled by and surveillance by the banks/gov will be legal. A few more blockchains will penetrate the top 10 in the next few years that will abide by inevitable passed government legislations that will start to take over. Like net neutrality it was only a matter of time, unfortunately.

Merit me or don't.
BushuevNic

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:52:40 AM

I have some questions to ask from your guys. Why should we always bow down to authorities? Are you guys that meek and submissive that whatever the authorities are saying you will instantly follow without question? That is not just stupid of you. That makes all you guys like zombies, dead men walking.

Honestly, how do you look at cryptocurrencies? It is but an innovation of the future that will shaken up the system that is ruling our present time. And that is badly needed. To hell with authorities. They have failed us time and time again and they should learn to accept that fact.

I completely agree with you.
I also want to add that "buying fentanyl and other drugs" is mostly conducted in cash. And it's usually usd all over the world. So, why won't you suggest to ban cash? Just order all people to use only bank accounts and cards for payments Grin
danilogmachado

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:55:09 AM

The dollar is also used to buy drugs and what do you tell me Bill Gates? Interesting an American talk of terrorist financing being that they were the biggest financiers, when terrorism interested them. I believe there is a concern of the big American companies in the ICOs.
TreXzar

Activity: 143
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 11:56:01 AM

While I totally respect Bill Gates for what he has done, what he is doing, and what he will do, I disagree with his opinion.
Anonymity is beneficial to a certain degree, and the internet is thriving off net neutrality. Drug dealers using crypto forms such a small part of the market, I mean, how many people here join ICOs and trading are actual drug dealers??
Anyway, governments around the world are all cracking down on tax evasion on profits. Cashouts are starting to require verified IDs which can be traced back to you...

◼◼  WorkChain.io  ◼◼                                            
◼◼ The Future of Payroll   ◼ Make Every Day Payday
Vanester2014

Activity: 236

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:57:08 AM

Will its depends on people who are using this if some bad people using crypto to buy drugs of any bad elements that use by bad people. I think the developer should think another alternate system to find out the elegal work like that.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Faruque312

Activity: 490

Life is full of struggle

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 12:07:53 PM

bill gates love bitcoin, and also all cryptocurrency i know, but now a days lots off ico in market, and most of them are scam, so its really difficult to say which are good project, and bill gates told it his own opinion, it doesnt mean we have to leave. cause we working here and we know about bad and good ico.

Eddyc

Activity: 1016
Merit: 391

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:55:01 PM

We should not believe 100% in what big business owners and investors say, we can agree on a fundamentalist way of moving the market, and also we should not follow all the information of the great mass and media all the time, but rather to be aware of what is happening here in the forum, i believe that here is our media and real information base of investment.

Note* I write about projects that can do something for society. Now whether this will happen depends not on me, but on the project team. I'm just a writer... DYOR
cat0ne0

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:58:12 PM

I would be curious to know what are Bill's total amount of BTC and crypto he personally owns. Every time Goldman Sachs or a big player says "it's bad", there's an uplift in price because they are buying what weak hands are ready to sell.
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:03:35 PM

Bill Gates is blinded by his success. He doesn't understand what he's saying. I have a lot of complaints about his company's products, but I'm not saying it's bad. It seems to me that Bill Gates has nothing good will. He stayed in 2000. Therefore, his opinion does not interest me.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: