Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:47:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148389 times)
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:29:02 PM

Without crypto, tax evasion, money laundering and etc will still go on. It is not about the coins or channels, it is the people.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:30:22 PM

Guess who else is bad:

BILL GATES III

B     I    L    L    G   A    T    E   S   III
66+73+76+76+71+65+84+69+83+3 = 666

M S - D O S   6 . 2 1
77+83+45+68+79+83+32+54+46+50+49 = 666

W I N D O W S 95
87+73+78+68+79+87+83+57+53+1 = 666

sure it is just a coincidence  Grin
in case anyone needs it
http://www.asciitable.com/

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:31:51 PM

I too read that news. He didn't mean anything bad about crypto currencies. He is first person who gave interview exclusive on BBC and all are very positive note about bitcoin.
He mean that fairly crypto currencies are not been buy the drugs. Information shared by the news site which are all fake that is the truth.
BarkingHawk

Activity: 197
Merit: 190

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:37:58 PM

Just because Bill was good at a certain thing doesn't make him the god of everything.  He doesn't have all the answers.  Crypto is here to stay.

lovemsngr

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:38:25 PM

I think that the crypt is still at the stage of formation and a sufficient number of people simply do not understand the principles of the whole system and its advantages
Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:40:17 PM

anonymity isn't the only feature of cryptocurrency.

There's also immutability, transparency (of execution), and smart contract incorporation etc. The good bits will outlast the bad bits, that's for sure.
Robin,Hood

Merit: 62

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:46:57 PM

anonymity isn't the only feature of cryptocurrency.

There's also immutability, transparency (of execution), and smart contract incorporation etc. The good bits will outlast the bad bits, that's for sure.
you certainly have some things mixed up here. anonymity is in cash all the time in crypto sometimes (if chosen)

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
Herp-a-derp

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:50:17 PM

Yes, but governments create such a ground by issuing laws prohibiting, restricting or complicating the use of crypto currency
ksiazek7

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:52:32 PM

For the most part he doesn't know what he is talking about.  He only has a cursorary knowledge of cryptocurrency in general.  Which I don't really fault him for as he is likely a incredibly busy man.

A T O M Z  ǁ  Cryptocurrency Investing Done Easy
▔▔▔▔▔▔  ❨❨   Token Sale Starts Soon   ❩❩  ▔▔▔▔▔▔
AiwaDima

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:55:03 PM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

This market is the future, but with his words one can agree, because a large number of ISO is a fraud that steals people's money and then you will not prove anything.
JanCoppens

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:56:43 PM

So I'm assuming Bill Gates wants to confiscate all paper money and just do digital?  If we sum up the amount of illegal activity in cash and that in crypto... I think we know the one out front.

True, crypto isn't more anonymous than cash, but it's way easier to do the payment in an anonymous way though. Nobody will see you spending crypto   Wink
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:00:58 PM

Recently, famous people are beginning to talk a lot about crypto-currencies. I do not know why they do it, but people like Bill Gates and McAfee and a lot of people start to carry different nonsense about different projects.
abduljacklu

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:02:48 PM

I dont really expect that from him that logic seems to be biased,that is why i am unfollowing him from all his social media accounts.I really do understand that his intention was to warn us,but that statement could make our market scramble what a jerk.Soon he will realize that cryptocurrencies are not that bad and im sure he will be too late to join us.

Kippah

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:07:03 PM

I mean yes crypto is anonymous but I think it will slowly shift into the stage where you can participate in certain transactions only when your identity is revealed but only to the people that need to know it and only to the extent necessary, Look for instance at Civic project.

So he is right but there is a solution to what he is saying. Even exchanges have their KYC (know your customer) already so they can identify who is participating in their transactions.

Help me with the research on ICO investor behavior, if you invest in ICOs fill in this short anonymous questionnaire. Thanks, cheers and god bless you!

https://tilburglawschool.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sCWmLd0wY1OK3P
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:20:11 PM

Well bitcoin is not really bad. It is actually helpful for those who are financially in need.
I don't really know why Gate have told this to the trainers.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
MasterMoon

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:23:27 PM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Why would you believe them? because they are millionaire or successful man? Please don't depends your faith on them if you really believe on blockchain technology and cryptocurrency do what you heart say. Remember you are the ones you will decide your own faith and not them.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 05:24:38 PM

I think Bill Gate said this because of the decentralize nature of crypto currency and he never view the positive side of crypto currency which is the reason why he believe is that bitcoin and other cryptocurrenccy only encourage crime and fraud. In the meantime, we got to do something because these people will centralize crypto currency which is what they are planning to do and they have already won in the ICO sector.

Jashhh

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:28:01 PM

Earlier the same Bill Gates said its better than fiat. He is just trying to manipulate prices.
Balab01

Merit: 12

B пoиcкe

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:52:53 PM

I remember everyone talking about the phrase of Warren Buffett that crypto currency is a bubble that has no future. But it is still alive and continue to develop and grow..

*** Paбiв дo paю нe пycкaють! ***
VanKleiss

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:12:13 PM

cryptocurrency is like is like a knife, you can use it to kill a person or you can use it to slice vegetables and meats to make a good dish with your love ones. There are some truth in what he said. Many investors today get rekt with the new ICO scams or pump and dump tokens.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: