Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:03:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148389 times)
RichardBTC

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:16:25 PM

Pssssh he is just jumping on the same band wagon as all these other fudders and most likley with a very distinct motive... A motive to increase fear and uncertainty in order to cause market panic and a dip and then guess what... These chumps will clean up at the bottom. Seems like thwy are all taking a turn

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:34:09 PM

Earlier the same Bill Gates said its better than fiat. He is just trying to manipulate prices.

I'm very annoyed that this man also wants to manipulate the market. I thought Bill Gates had his own opinion on the crypto currency. And now I see that he has two opposite opinions about crypto. This is strange.

removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:43:15 PM

Bill gates opinion is his personal one and it doesn't have any substantial thing to justify he is right or wrong. A person's view cannot be considered that much serious since his understanding of cryptocurrency market may be less or he may be jealous of block chain technology since it made Microsoft and their future to outdated.
2stout

Activity: 2366
Merit: 586

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:46:51 PM

That's like saying all currency (time, work, money, etc.) is bad since these can and still will be exchanged for illegal, hard to trace goods, services, and activities even in the absence of crypto.  Fundamentally flawed statement, sounds like someone is trying to fill their bags on the cheap.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 12:14:27 AM

It would be wrong to believe person like Bill Gates is unknow about the technology and prospects of cryptocurrency.
He have had better responses in the past about cryptos.
I believe he's speaking as a businessman to achieve something from someone.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Novgabby

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:17:04 AM

I have watched once a video of an 18 yr old boy who started bitcoin when he was 14 i think.
He became a millionaire from doing this.
But he mentioned that bitcoin or cryptocurrency is bad. Just like what bill gates said.
They say that it consumes so much energy. That it is not healthy if everyone uses bitcoin.
eugenefonts

Activity: 364
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:23:41 AM

I thought he loves CRYPTO because he is the one who is promoting BITCOIN before. Generally CRYPTO isnt bad, its on the holder where he could use this in bad, or in good. But this is  the bad thing of being decentralized and privacy coin you cant detect or trace where the transaction came many criminals and  terrorist are taking this advantage. I hope one day they could invent to avoid terrorism coin and drugs. And i hope crypto could have possitive way to fight crimes and not to destroy our world.
papagapa

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:28:47 PM

I respect his opinion but I do not think so. There are many who are being led to such statements, although no one knows for sure whether the person actually said these words
CarltonWyatt

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:49:13 PM

I think his comments regarding cryptocurrency being attributed to deaths could probably be understandable maybe if you put yourself in his shoes. I reckon kidnapping would be a though that popped into my mind if I had that much money in cryptocurrency
gnerro2

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

illustrator

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:50:07 PM

I think he's jus ttrying to manipulate market with his world... as many of you knows, it's still the same game, though there are not many official partnerships, there will certainly be agreements behind it .. imho

#@@     #@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@         %@@@@@@@@           
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       *@@@     /@@*         
            #@@@@@@@@@@   /@@@@@@@   @@%       @@@       @@@       @@@         
            #@@     #@@   /@@*       @@%       @@@       #@@*      @@%         
            #@@     #@@   /@@&&&&&   @@@&&&&&  @@@&&&&&&  #@@@&#%@@@&
boyjackyou

Activity: 301

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:52:52 PM

I really dont understand why he himself has that logic,its very unusual with the man of technology to now understand how the things works,he knows the potentials of bitcoin and he is ignoring the fact that it could replace the fiat system in the long run.If that is really his point of view we should respect it ,but i dont really think cryptocurrencies arent that bad.

bigdogdan2

Activity: 252
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:04:18 PM

The people who missed out on the big crypto gains will say crytpo is bad   Roll Eyes

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
flashmark

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:20:09 PM

I agreed with Bill gates some of the thoughts about cryptocurrencies. I'm supporting regulating cryptos. So we can invest on with low or no risk (Yes of course, our profit will be reduced as well but it is ok to me)
ORiN

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:23:23 PM

Bill Gates is an intelligent person and he has the right to have his own opinion. While the world of cryptocurrency is not so smooth, utterances can be very different.
Victor Beckham

Activity: 243

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:32:26 PM

Bill Gates is an intelligent person and he has the right to have his own opinion. While the world of cryptocurrency is not so smooth, utterances can be very different.

I agree with you. He is intelligent and has his own opinion. But I think the problem is that he did not say crypto is bad. He raise some concerns about anonymity, which he believes can be an issue if crypto is used with bad intention. Well, I agree with him.

DAOfan

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:39:16 PM

First and foremost - Bill Gates is old. He is worried about AI, he is worried about crypto. He should be more worried about microsoft. Whenever someone is spreading FUD, I always think, what does this person have to gain by selling fear? Especially when it comes to "crime". My theory on old Bill is that he benefitted greatly from the old banking system. The old way of trading securities and stock. The old way of a mostly - and increasingly - centralized internet. Why would you advocate for freedom when you are on top of the world as it is?

Meet IP Exchange. Distributed network layer.
Join IPSX Token Sale  ─── 『 https://ip.sx/
aalborg

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:43:16 PM

I am totally sure, that even if he says bad about crypto, he has a portfolio of cryptocurrency , maybe a bit of ETH, BTC and some perspective alts.
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:47:04 PM

It like between Nietzsche and God Cheesy
"God is dead" Nietzsche 1883
"Nietzsche is dead" God 1900
They will understand that cryptocurrency is future. But it will be very late for them  Smiley
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:49:07 PM

Fiat currencies is used to buy drugs and launder money every day outside the banking ecosystem. Hand-in-hand.. Why would crypto-currency be different. I think that the technology that comes with them outweighs these risks. The authorities just need to infiltrate more people around the drug dealers circles and they will catch them. Don't put an obstacle in front of technology advancement for not doing your job. Wink
barlo357

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:51:05 PM

Everybody has the right for his own opinion and I respect for that, it's a direct to the point reaction in a negative part but he did not discuss a little bit side of a positive aspect.I know he is concern about anonymity because he research well before he broadcast to social media. And the way he answered the question he is obviously against to crypto currency.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: