Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:06:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 07:41:20 PM

tldr?

gbar!
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 07:44:41 PM

Anyway, just wanted to announce that after working with our design team we have launched three new bitfurry based products on our site.

Bitfurry based 64ghs, 128ghs, and 192ghs.  These three models have a 4 week shipping period from the date of purchase, but it'll probably be around 20-25 days.

http://advancedminers.com/bitcoin-mining-hardware/

Any questions please send to sales@advancedminers.com

BitFURRYs huh?
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 07:58:35 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2013, 08:56:58 PM by DyslexicZombei

Anyway, just wanted to announce that after working with our design team we have launched three new bitfurry based products on our site.

Bitfurry based 64ghs, 128ghs, and 192ghs.  These three models have a 4 week shipping period from the date of purchase, but it'll probably be around 20-25 days.

http://advancedminers.com/bitcoin-mining-hardware/

Any questions please send to sales@advancedminers.com

BitFURRYs huh?

Anyone else think about people doing strange things in furry suits when they read that?

Nice MPP BTW. May have to consider this for a Group Buy or two.

SSL Certification = Great
CC & PayPal = Great
Pricing = Appears to be lowest available in time frame
Background info on company management = None that I found
Chat support = No response during the weekday; I wouldn't list that service on your site unless you can man it. Jim appeared a few minutes later.

Welcome to the home of some of the most leery (and previously burned) buyers in the world. I support American based manufacturing. I wish AMT well.
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 08:24:48 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2013, 08:57:48 PM by DyslexicZombei

So I waited for live chat.

Gave up, a person named Jim finally signed on.

Restated what I was looking for: company management info (who wants to deal with a Sonny from BFL-type fellow?)

Crickets...and gone without answering. Definitely did NOT have Jim's full attention. That shows poor Customer Service to (twice) ignore a serious customer trying to find out reasonable information.

Jim showed up, and while I didn't get all my questions answered, he was responsive and eager to try to help.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 08:39:09 PM

So I waited for live chat.

Gave up, a person named Jim finally signed on.

Restated what I was looking for: company management info (who wants to deal with a Sonny from BFL-type fellow?)

Crickets...and gone without answering. Definitely did NOT have Jim's full attention. That shows poor Customer Service to (twice) ignore a serious customer trying to find out reasonable information.

No biggie,Bitfury 55nm chips will be short lived with the diff explosion,unfortunately.

Too costly ATM & power consumption can't be matched with 28nm stuff  Sad

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 08:46:47 PM

A person named Jim got back to me.

Seemed to be new to the industry, not knowing who Sonny from BFL was...or what the acronym "mfg" meant.

I mentioned to him that they may have already lost sales without knowing, by not listing the names/bios of company management.
I could not get this info from him and he suggested I open a Contact request form. Said he didn't blame them for not wanting to be harassed on LinkedIn.

I mentioned that serious players like HashFast, Cointerra, and Bitmine have no problems sharing this info as a means for potential buyers to vet company ownership/management. Can you blame a Coordinator, if I don't want our co-op to get into business with the "next Sonny"?
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 09:39:01 PM

A person named Jim got back to me.

Seemed to be new to the industry, not knowing who Sonny from BFL was...or what the acronym "mfg" meant.

I mentioned to him that they may have already lost sales without knowing, by not listing the names/bios of company management.
I could not get this info from him and he suggested I open a Contact request form. Said he didn't blame them for not wanting to be harassed on LinkedIn.

I mentioned that serious players like HashFast, Cointerra, and Bitmine have no problems sharing this info as a means for potential buyers to vet company ownership/management. Can you blame a Coordinator, if I don't want our co-op to get into business with the "next Sonny"?

I see both sides, quite well. That being said, I won't do business with a company without knowing who their principals are and how to contact them. This was why I was (and am) a supporter of KnC, and to a lesser extent (due to lack of proper diligence on my part, no actual prejudice), Cointerra. I'm a bit leary of HashFast, as they keep changing their claims. But even so, they state who they are and make it verifiable.

That being said, were I trying to get into the manufacturing/marketing side of this game, I'd be a bit afraid. There are some... marginal personalities on these fora. Granted, behind the anonymity of an internet handle you can be a bit over the top without repercussion. But still, one has to wonder how much of that pent up crazy might leak into the real world. With the kind of money changing hands here, I'd be very leery of going public, and if I did, part of the money generated would go into some serious personal security. Like an ex SAS bodyguard or the like.

I really hope these guys turn out to be legit. The fact that they are working with Marto certainly helps their reputation from my POV, but they need to have proper contact information. Hopefully they'll get there.
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 10:45:41 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2013, 02:29:14 AM by DyslexicZombei

I'm of the opinion that if you expect us to throw thousands of dollars worth of Bitcoin your way, you should be open and honest, so we know *exactly* who to blame if we need to involve the FTC, LE, BBB, etc., etc.. As buyers: we aren't the ones making extraordinary claims of price/performance/availability. Extraordinary claims should always be backed up with extraordinary evidence.

They expect people to give money to strangers on the internet for a company that doesn't even have chips yet. IMHO: Pre-order Buyers need to be met halfway if you want to overcome valid buyer distrust of new vendors.

You can have SSL, Paypal, and even CC payments available, but I will absolutely not commit our co-op to an at-cost GB without this information about key personnel. Guess who'll be left to deal with PO'd customers if things go south?

We GB Coordinators have to go through a vetting process ourselves in order to be trusted with handling people's IDs/BTC/ebay/PP funds. There's tons of failed GBs on the forum that failed because they weren't vetted (and/or the deal wasn't a good one in the first place). We're essentially resellers - in my case: at-cost or even below-cost sometimes.

However, since I'm vetted (by John K.): If I cheat or steal from buyers, I'll lose my freedom, go to jail, lose out on my kids childhoods, & lose my engineering job, so it's just not worth it to me to steal from others. That's the risks we willingly take to offer the deals that we offer.

Other resellers should have to face the same level of scrutiny and accountability that we do and also pass with flying colors.

==

I have a potential compromise: How about the owner or CEO being vetted by John K. Escrow?

Now I'm not John but I have dealt with him a bit previously. Since he's a trusted Escrow Agent, I can say with confidence that John will *not* give up your personal info unless there's reason to believe laws were broken. I would consider trying to Group Buy a couple 1.2TH/s+ AMT miners if someone from AMT's leadership went thru the same vetting process I went thru.
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:58:03 PM

...and 2 weeks later...crickets...

Hullo? Where did you guys go?
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:49:39 PM

I also ordered a unit. Order #414. If they come through I will let everyone know and post a picture of it with a report on how it performs. I am praying they are legit. I think they are but this entire thing is very stressful. If they come through and deliver on time I will order another unit. I ordered on October 2nd so it should be shipping in another week and a half. If anybody else who ordered one gets a unit let us know.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:51:07 PM

I also ordered a unit. Order #414. If they come through I will let everyone know and post a picture of it with a report on how it performs. I am praying they are legit. I think they are but this entire thing is very stressful. If they come through and deliver on time I will order another unit. I ordered on October 2nd so it should be shipping in another week and a half. If anybody else who ordered one gets a unit let us know.

I hope you paid with a credit card.

Buy & Hold
mmfiore

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:38:12 PM

Yes, I paid with Paypal... but I am still nervous as grasshopper in a chicken coop.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██

Telegram
Twitter
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:40:55 PM

Yes, I paid with Paypal... but I am still nervous as grasshopper in a chicken coop.

Just be sure to open a non-delivery issue with PayPal before the 45-day window closes and you have nothing to worry about.

Buy & Hold
elaramus

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:44:06 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2013, 10:11:53 PM by elaramus

My order # was 399. I'll be looking for a tracking number next week or I'll be inclined to submit a non-delivery claim. My order was placed on the 2nd of October and next week puts it at the 4 week mark. The 80,128 and 192 Gh units were all listed as shipping within 4 weeks.

Up until recently I've been on pins and needles just like anyone else who has laid out serious cash on a pre-order. With that said, I'm aware these units are based on Technobit solutions, and it just so happened that on October 8th, Marto from Technobit published a photos of the hex16b board partially populated, and just yesterday Marto posted photos of a fully populated hex-16b board up and hashing at 40GB.

If these boxes are using hex-16b's and the hex-16b's are up and running, I think it's very feasible for AMT to meet a shipping date very soon.

I still have one concern and that is the number of boards per box AMT listed as shipping in 4 weeks. the 80 Gh unit makes sense (2 Hex-16b's @ 40Gh), but the 128 and the 192 are a little fuzzier. 3 Hex-16b's makes sense for the 128, but the 192 doesn't make any sense 4*40=160. So I'm not sure if AMT intends to overclock the Hex16 boards or not. If they send them out overclocked I'll be a bit disappointed that there is no headroom left to play with  but i'll still be satisfied that i received what i ordered... Guess we'll see.
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 10:47:23 PM

I think it's strange that in their own official thread we haven't seen a peep out of them for 23 days and their official account hasn't been logged into for 15 days.

You're  telling me you're going to spend all that time and effort to launch a company and then just abandon all marketing/communications on the premier English speaking Bitcoin miners forum after only 11 days?

This doesn't make marketing or business sense. We miners use these forums to vet mfgs. all the time, and I know for a fact that 5-6 figure deals get made due to results of the feedback and research done on these forums.

Also: no answer as to whether any company owners/managers are willing to be vetted by John K. either.
mmfiore

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:17:49 AM

I want to thank everyone for their input. The 45 day tip about PayPal is very helpful. It is also some what worrisome that when I go to their website the online help guy named Jim has not been there for days. I did have contact earlier this week via email. They told me to check back next week.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██

Telegram
Twitter
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:28:52 AM

I think we can say this is another failure in progress since we have no updates and no communication at all.

papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:27:41 PM

are they still alive?
marto74

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 06:46:11 PM

Our design is working now , so I think AMT will manage to deliver in time

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:33:30 AM

Our design is working now , so I think AMT will manage to deliver in time

Deliver Bitfury, but fail to deliver own ASICs.

Edit:
Our Delivery dates range from Oct, 2013 to Dec, 15th depending on the time of the order.

I wonder how "October" orders feel...

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: