Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:52:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:24:39 AM

Soo,your current 80GH miner consumes 80 watts,1 watt per GH.I read in an earlier post something about this being a Bitfury based miner.

Your 28nm stuff isn't ready yet Huh  When will it go on sale,if it isn't already Huh

Thanks!!!
Their boards they're showing are the Technobit HEX16b boards.
http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=54&controller=product&id_lang=1

What they've shown so far is that they can take Technobit's existing PCB and shove some of them into cases with the heatsink fins oriented the wrong way. No credible customers have reported receiving their Bitfury based units.

They haven't shown that they have done any engineering whatsoever, so it's extremely unlikely they have their own 28nm design on the way. By the same token given their pricing it seems hard to believe they could be using anyone else's 28nm products. It is on sale though.

I'd love to be wrong on this, but I would honestly be shocked if anyone who ordered a 1.2TH/s miner ends up getting it. I would suggest staying far away unless they can post something credible detailing their incoming design.

I am not going clear back through the thread, but I was under the impression that their 28nm devices will be based on the Bitmine Coincraft chips. These guys appear to be assemblers, rather than a straight up engineering company. Technobit confirmed early on that they were working with AMT, so I was under that impression from the beginning. They are packagers/resellers with a few tweaks of their own. Much like a house brand PC. Nothing wrong with that model, and it is likely to be the ongoing paradigm in mining as it gains traction. Why reinvent the wheel when you can just buy the components to make a decent one?

Before I get jumped, this isn't an endorsement. I'm still pretty neutral on this company. I do think they are real, and I do think they are trying. Their forum presence has been a bit confrontational. That being said, the level of hate that exist on these fora would cause me to respond in a less than stellar manner if I didn't have half a lifetime of dealing with the general public behind me. My overall impression is a few guys trying really hard to make a niche business work, but who haven't much experience dealing with people. In all things, people are a problem. For every enthusiastic customer there are twenty to a hundred who just came in to bitch, and at least ten that are scamming. This is the way of business. But most people starting a business don't realize it. Anyone who has worked in a customer service oriented job realizes really quickly that there is a good reason why "customer" starts with "cust".

I do not think that the demands for videos and proof of existence are unreasonable, but in many cases the reasonable was stated in a prematurely accusatory manner. Yeah, there are a lot of scams out there, and yes, due diligence is due. But a little civility goes a long way. Not all ASIC companies are Butterfly Labs. This is cutting edge technology, and we all want it yesterday. To get it tomorrow means a lot of it goes out untested. This is the nature of the beast. KNC and Bitfury delivered, and they both had problems that would have been solved by a normal test routine. But that routine, to get consumer level goods, generally is 12-18 months. Given that, there are basically only three choices a company getting into this market has.

One, they can straight up say that. We'll have it ready in a year. Honest, but not a good strategy in such a volatile market.

Two, lie. Do the BFL thing. 'nuff said on that. The results are not good and carry over to the whole industry.

Three. Develop the machines in secret, and only announce when the development is completely finished. While definitely the safest course, it's also the most likely to fail in the market, because someone with more balls is going to jump in and do it without the long term development. (which I guess is a fourth model). The problem being that they WILL ship a number of defective units that way, creating a further nightmare for the company. Even if the majority work right, there will be a few that don't, and those machine's owners will raise a hue and cry that makes the company appear far worse than they are. But right now, that appears to be the only viable option for any company that isn't working entirely under a cloak of invisibility.

With the recent news of several banks recognizing bitcoin as a force to be reckoned with, the popularity of the whole experiment is set to rise. Possibly exponentially, thus making it imperative that the mining equipment manufacturers cut some corners or be left behind. That can be annoying for all involved, but it is the way of things right now. When there are no good solutions, you try to pick a winner.

That's my say for the watchers and potential customers. AMT, now I'm looking at you.

You have acknowledged one of your major problems, and need to acknowledge the other. The one you have acknowledged is that your PR sucks. It does. I want you to succeed, so don't take that as a slight, it's just something that needs addressed. It would be good for you to hire a PR company, if you can afford it, or find a starving student that will work cheap for the experience. Should be plenty of them in and around Philly.

The one you haven't really acknowledged, in fact have pooh-poohed, is this forum. All things Bitcoin eventually come here. Whether for good or ill, it's still the case. Make your peace with the majority here, and it will be good for you company. Tone down your responses, no matter how much your blood is boiling, and you will do better. Just because somebody deserves to be pimp slapped doesn't make it make good business sense. I would suggest that you task a guy to doing little else but dealing with this fractious forum. Instruct him not to lie, but to ACKNOWLEDGE the people freaking out. My background is food service, where your customer service window is approximately one minute. That's how long it takes to lose a customer who walks in and is unacknowledged. By comparison, you have a lot of time. If you responded during business hours every day except weekends, even if the response was "I'll get back to you on that" (as long as yo do) then people will feel acknowledged and simmer down.

PR and customer service are a bitch. There is nothing you can do to change that. But you CAN make it a lot easier on yourselves by utilising the above suggestions.

Best of luck to you, and if all goes well for both of us, I might be taking a flight up there in February to buy a miner from ya.

Kevin Biomech.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sh1k1g4m1

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:55:47 AM

There have been lots of issues with asic mining companies in the past and people want undeniable proof that they exists and can delivery on time. Bashing your potential customers does nothing to reassure them to buy with you.

I have a friend who ordered a unit and when if they get it I will update this thread.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:45:16 AM

Ok... I took the bait and purchased two 1.2GH/s miners for claimed delivery on February.

I am making the assumption that they are legit based on the endorsement of bitmine.ch who I'm also assuming is legit.

I also believe that bitmine and AMT may deliver ahead of hashfast and cointerra based on an earlier tapeout date.

Finally, looking at the AMT product line, it's clear that they have existing products that appear to be based on the Bitfury chipset.  

These folks appear to be resellers/assemblers for Bitfury and Bitmine, so it is not like they are conjuring up their designs from thin air.

So at this time, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.  After all, what other options are out there?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
terahasher

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:32:19 AM

Ok... I took the bait and purchased two 1.2GH/s miners for claimed delivery on February.

I am making the assumption that they are legit based on the endorsement of bitmine.ch who I'm also assuming is legit.

I also believe that bitmine and AMT may deliver ahead of hashfast and cointerra based on an earlier tapeout date.

Finally, looking at the AMT product line, it's clear that they have existing products that appear to be based on the Bitfury chipset.  

These folks appear to be resellers/assemblers for Bitfury and Bitmine, so it is not like they are conjuring up their designs from thin air.

So at this time, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.  After all, what other options are out there?

The options I looked into at the time I made my purchase (back in Oct):

1)Cointerra was promising delivery by mid January
2)Blackarrow was and still is promising delivery in March
3)AMT was promising delivery mid Dec.

A 4th option was another company called VMC but I felt they were too pricy so I never looked into them.

I went with AMT and prepaid back in Oct strictly because of the time factor.  However, after sending out numerous inquiries via email and leaving numerous voicemails (since around Thanksgiving till now), I was convinced that there was no company and they took my money.  But I JUST came across this forum and after going through this thread it seems like it's a legit company.  I just wish they would return phone calls or simply post updates on their website.  Or maybe a targeted email update.

It's really scary when you drop a bunch of money and after a couple months the vender will not return any correspondences!
 Undecided
Cefalu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:57:24 AM

A 4th option was another company called VMC but I felt they were too pricy so I never looked into them.

I went with AMT and prepaid back in Oct strictly because of the time factor.  However, after sending out numerous inquiries via email and leaving numerous voicemails (since around Thanksgiving till now), I was convinced that there was no company and they took my money.  But I JUST came across this forum and after going through this thread it seems like it's a legit company.  I just wish they would return phone calls or simply post updates on their website.  Or maybe a targeted email update.

It's really scary when you drop a bunch of money and after a couple months the vender will not return any correspondences!
 Undecided

By when are you supposed to receive your equipment? -thx
terahasher

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:17:26 AM

Undecided

In Oct they told me 12/16/2013.  But I haven't been able to get any info from them in the past couple weeks so I don't know anymore.  Hopefully, I'm worried for nothing, and they'll be avail on the promised date.  I just am worried that no one is breathing a sign of life on their end when I send my correspondences.
Cefalu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:32:29 AM

In Oct they told me 12/16/2013.  But I haven't been able to get any info from them in the past couple weeks so I don't know anymore.  Hopefully, I'm worried for nothing, and they'll be avail on the promised date.  I just am worried that no one is breathing a sign of life on their end when I send my correspondences.

well... that is Monday. So it must be shipping today, or in the morning, or maybe FedeXed on Sat.
You will soon know-
hopefully you will receive it Monday,
post a nice unboxing vid, some kill-a-wattage readout and some hash-rates.
Everyone here awaits
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:46:08 AM

I am not going clear back through the thread, but I was under the impression that their 28nm devices will be based on the Bitmine Coincraft chips. These guys appear to be assemblers, rather than a straight up engineering company.

If they are using Coincraft for their 28nm miners, they should just say so. It would eliminate much of the doubt (at least when bitmine confirms this).

But let me point out that AMT specs dont seem compatible with bitmine's specs. AMT is listing "300-600W" for their 1.2 TH rig. Thats 0.25-0.5W/GH at the wall. Bitmine is only claiming an efficiency of 0.6W/GH at the chip level for nominal performance targets and 1W/GH in turbo mode. They do say it can probably go down to 0.35W/GH  (IIRC) but at unknown speeds, and that is still at the chip level. For 1.2TH,  300W at the wall seems impossible with bitmine chips and less than ~800W at nominal speeds, very unlikely. And why would you not use the turbo mode initially?
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:42:18 AM

I am not going clear back through the thread, but I was under the impression that their 28nm devices will be based on the Bitmine Coincraft chips. These guys appear to be assemblers, rather than a straight up engineering company.

If they are using Coincraft for their 28nm miners, they should just say so. It would eliminate much of the doubt (at least when bitmine confirms this).

But let me point out that AMT specs dont seem compatible with bitmine's specs. AMT is listing "300-600W" for their 1.2 TH rig. Thats 0.25-0.5W/GH at the wall. Bitmine is only claiming an efficiency of 0.6W/GH at the chip level for nominal performance targets and 1W/GH in turbo mode. They do say it can probably go down to 0.35W/GH  (IIRC) but at unknown speeds, and that is still at the chip level. For 1.2TH,  300W at the wall seems impossible with bitmine chips and less than ~800W at nominal speeds, very unlikely. And why would you not use the turbo mode initially?

Both AMT and Bitmine have confirmed the partnership.

http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=25

With that being said these guys are like most of the other manufacture's who have ZERO PR skills.  The PR trainwrek from AMT in this thread could be a college course on EXACTLY what not to do....
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:17:04 PM

Both AMT and Bitmine have confirmed the partnership.

http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=25

Thanks for the link. I guess that settles it. Although it doesnt quite explain what appears to be exaggerated energy efficiency claims compared to bitmine's specs.  I also dont understand why AMT seems to hide this info.

Anyway, AMT doesnt appear to be an outright scam, but I still cant say they give me a warm feeling.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:51:09 PM

Something smells fishy here. Why do they sell side by side a 520 gh/s miner at 4600$ and a 1.2 th/s at 6000$?? Only difference is for the better price per gh/s you can only pay by wire or bitcoin..

If you think about it,  this is not fishy at all.   The 520 gh/s uses Bitfury and 1.2 TH/s are bitmine.   Clearly there is some logic behind the pricing.

See, AMT is just an assembler.  They assemble parts sourced from Europe (Bitfury and Bitmine).   If they were claiming that they had built their own chip then I would be extremely suspect.

Now Cointerra, HashFast and BFL all claim to have designed their own chips.  Both Cointerra and HashFast have an impressive list of chip designers in their team.   The only issue with them is, when will they deliver?

BFL has delivered before, however hard to trust them on keeping their schedules.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:52:44 PM

BTW, anyone live in Philladelphia... can you check out if they are legit?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:09:34 PM

BTW, anyone live in Philladelphia... can you check out if they are legit?
Been there, done that.  View back in the thread for office pictures.
Khanduras

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:37:17 PM

From just skimming the forums, I've not heard of a single person receiving their orders. Their website claims to have shipped miners out to people in the middle of November. How exactly were they sent, Pony Express? My order which was supposed to ship in three weeks hasn't even been heard of since the order was placed, until I got a nasty response back from AMT via email requesting a status update, which included pictures of the mining boards themselves placed in what looked like a standard mid tower chassis WITHOUT AMT branding anywhere on it. This didn't even look like the cases they displayed on their website.

This is all really making me lose faith in AMT. I was planning on ordering a lot more of their devices with some BTC I've acquired through investments, but I'm pretty much tired of waiting for a response. My emails about upgrading my yet-to-be-heard-from order by AMT were completely ignored. My emails requesting status updates, minus that one, were completely ignored.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not flat-out bitching. I'm more concerned about my investment, and worried that I'll never get these devices in time for them to be even remotely profitable. Videos are nice and all, but there's still no proof that AMT is delivering without people having shown otherwise. Where are the videos from customers? Most importantly, where's my order which should have been shipped days ago? I didn't even receive a notification about it.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:06:04 PM

I was told today that my 1.2TH machine would ship the first week of January. This is what I was told over a month ago when I ordered so we shall see. I too wish some folks who have received miners would post something here but I must remind myself the world does not revolve around this thread.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
majalen33

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:43:31 PM

What was your order date
clenell

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:08:46 PM

Nov. 11th was order date.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:27:19 PM

I am still following this tread and waiting to see if somebody comes with the good news. I also ordered the 1.2th, however still did not pay the invoice. If all those miners are send out for delivery, we will hear something about it.....don't we???
clenell

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:32:20 PM

if someone who follows this thread receives a miner im certain he/she would mention it. there is but a small percentage of people in this world who actually use this site. i'm not surprised really we have heard nothing as of yet.

BtcBling

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:36:21 PM

I was told today that my 1.2TH machine would ship the first week of January. This is what I was told over a month ago when I ordered so we shall see. I too wish some folks who have received miners would post something here but I must remind myself the world does not revolve around this thread.

If 1.2TH AMT miner is based on Bitmine chips, it will be delayed as Bitcmine A1 chips are delayed three weeks.
http://bitmine.ch/?p=4192

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: