Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:58:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:14:22 PM

You could refuse the offer, but look like you felt for the trick... If this is a fraudulent scheme you became an accessory for their criminal enterprise

This is uncalled for. Biomech didnt ask a thing, and got offered a free miner. No one should be expected to refuse that based on a hunch this might be a scam.

I would however, be careful not to put too much weight on the results. Not that i have reason to suspect Biomech from being untruthful, its just that the ability of anyone to cram a few off the shelve technobit boards in a standard mATX case was never in question.

True enough, however it does at least show they are getting those boards and doing the assembly. I will make as thorough a report as I can when I get the thing. Current UPS estimate is monday, end of day.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:19:32 PM

A screenshot would show personal info that I don't want to put out there at this time. A lot of my software is still in storage from the move. Didn't feel like digging it out just to edit a screenshot.

All you have to do is redact the personal information. There is no need to unpack any software from any storage only to edit a single screenshot:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/awesome-screenshot-captur/alelhddbbhepgpmgidjdcjakblofbmce

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/awesome-screenshot-capture-/

http://s3.amazonaws.com/diigo/as/AS-1.0.safariextz
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:23:44 PM

You could refuse the offer, but look like you felt for the trick... If this is a fraudulent scheme you became an accessory for their criminal enterprise

This is uncalled for. Biomech didnt ask a thing, and got offered a free miner. No one should be expected to refuse that based on a hunch this might be a scam.

I would however, be careful not to put too much weight on the results. Not that i have reason to suspect Biomech from being untruthful, its just that the ability of anyone to cram a few off the shelve technobit boards in a standard mATX case was never in question.

True enough, however it does at least show they are getting those boards and doing the assembly. I will make as thorough a report as I can when I get the thing. Current UPS estimate is monday, end of day.

Wait, if we all know that all they are doing with is taking off the shelf boards from their suppliers (either technobit or bitmine)  then surely we expect them to be able to deliver.  

The situation is entirely different from BFL.  BFL had to not only conjure up the systems, they had to conjure up the chips themselves.  

How hard is it to stuff boards in a case?  I mean, many of these miners don't even have a case!

There's nothing wrong with this business model.  I mean, that is what Michael Dell used to do in his dorm room.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:30:16 PM

LOL! It is a nice hat...
... Thanks bro!

Here is that same link, for coinchoose, with your future values setup... (I hid the scrypt-coins too.)
Bookmark this link, not the other one... 80,000MHs = 80GHs

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/?sha256HashRate=80000.00&sha256Power=0.00&sha256PowerCost=0.0000&scryptHashRate=0&scryptPower=0.00&scryptPowerCost=0.0000&sha256Check=true&scryptCheck=false

I suggest SOLO-Mining on TEK coin. You will get more "solo-blocks", which will result in better results than mining in any rip-off pools. Plus you get the block-rewards from transaction-fees, which most pools keep, even when fees are in the thousands-millions of dollars in BTC.

Mine like hell, and wait until an alt-coin pump before you cash-out for BTC. You will see that mined value 10x-500x more than you mined at, in dollars. (Worth of BTC.)

Thanks for the advice, and the link. Got a few questions. I've never played the exchange game. I've gpu mined bitcoin on an old laptop via Bitparking, which made me jack shit but was fun, and cpu mined a couple of alts. My experience is limited.

So, why TEK in particular? Several others, Unobtanium for one, seemed more profitable (at least per coin), so I wondered there.

Also, for solo mining is it desirable to set up a private pool or just let CGminer do the job?

And one last thing, how difficult is it to set up a public pool? That looks like a project I'd be interested in for the future.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:33:53 PM

Wait, if we all know that all they are doing with is taking off the shelf boards from their suppliers (either technobit or bitmine)  then surely we expect them to be able to deliver.  

The situation is entirely different from BFL.  BFL had to not only conjure up the systems, they had to conjure up the chips themselves.  

How hard is it to stuff boards in a case?  I mean, many of these miners don't even have a case!

There's nothing wrong with this business model.  I mean, that is what Michael Dell used to do in his dorm room.

Demented minds run off the same rails Smiley Said that about two pages back.

Anyway, I think that with the bitfury boards they are using the Technobit HEX16B. I'm not certain of that, but I think it's the case. For the Coincraft based miners, I was under the impression that it was a custom board using the Coincraft A1 for the hashing. But yes, AMT are VAR's, not base level manufacturers.
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:50:55 PM

Hi, I'm one of those people who have been reading and watching this thread since the day I ordered my miner from AMT. I've been silent the entire time because, frankly, this thread became rather heated and I didn't want to get involved. Besides, I thought the whole "noob" thing was more involved than it actually is, so I didn't want to sign up. I've been doing bitcoin for a long time now and so I didn't feature being considered a "noob".

At one stage people were asking how we found out about AMT - in my case, I found out about them from their ad on CoinEx. After seeing it multiple times I decided to give them a shot. They do have quite a professional-looking website, so I bought one 80gh miner to try them out.
On the one hand I understand the several of you who have reservations or doubts about AMT. I have to admit that I was quite afraid that I had lost my investment over the past few weeks. Also coupled with the fact that there is (or was) no trace of anyone having one of their miners, not on Google, not on eBay, not anywhere, was truly scary.
At any rate, I ordered a 80gh miner on December 5th. My order number was #888. I paid with BTC. A few days before Christmas I sent an email and Jim replied that I would hear shortly from them that the miner was finished. Sure enough, this week I got an email in my inbox saying that the miner was ready for me to pick it up. I live just outside of NYC, so I took the drive down to Havertown.
Josh was at their small office, he had my miner, and he sat me down and showed me how to connect it and get hashing.
I have to admit that I was pretty happy to see that indeed the location is real, the company is real, it is indeed US based, and I have a real miner for them.
I know that Biomech will give a report on the product within the next few days, but for anyone out there thinking less of what his report will be based on the fact that he was given a miner to review, I want to add this post as a paying customer who has received his product.
Furthermore, they didn't pay me to post this, I paid full price for my miner - I'm getting nothing out of giving this report. Still there are many of you who could appreciate someone going to the physical office to reassure you (more than a google earth pic), so I'm writing this to give you that reassurance.
I still haven't gotten the miner hashing. It was working fine at the office when Josh was showing me, however I needed to change settings to get it working on my network and managed to mess things up. So now Josh is back and forth with me on email trying to help me fix up what I messed up!

Here are some pics:

http://ppl.ug/e9xgrqCkWTA/

http://ppl.ug/FxUihk9hGmA/

http://ppl.ug/eoz0__3CIq4/

http://ppl.ug/6JonrknehbQ/

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:57:46 PM

Hi, I'm one of those people who have been reading and watching this thread since the day I ordered my miner from AMT. I've been silent the entire time because, frankly, this thread became rather heated and I didn't want to get involved. Besides, I thought the whole "noob" thing was more involved than it actually is, so I didn't want to sign up. I've been doing bitcoin for a long time now and so I didn't feature being considered a "noob".

At one stage people were asking how we found out about AMT - in my case, I found out about them from their ad on CoinEx. After seeing it multiple times I decided to give them a shot. They do have quite a professional-looking website, so I bought one 80gh miner to try them out.
On the one hand I understand the several of you who have reservations or doubts about AMT. I have to admit that I was quite afraid that I had lost my investment over the past few weeks. Also coupled with the fact that there is (or was) no trace of anyone having one of their miners, not on Google, not on eBay, not anywhere, was truly scary.
At any rate, I ordered a 80gh miner on December 5th. My order number was #888. I paid with BTC. A few days before Christmas I sent an email and Jim replied that I would hear shortly from them that the miner was finished. Sure enough, this week I got an email in my inbox saying that the miner was ready for me to pick it up. I live just outside of NYC, so I took the drive down to Havertown.
Josh was at their small office, he had my miner, and he sat me down and showed me how to connect it and get hashing.
I have to admit that I was pretty happy to see that indeed the location is real, the company is real, it is indeed US based, and I have a real miner for them.
I know that Biomech will give a report on the product within the next few days, but for anyone out there thinking less of what his report will be based on the fact that he was given a miner to review, I want to add this post as a paying customer who has received his product.
Furthermore, they didn't pay me to post this, I paid full price for my miner - I'm getting nothing out of giving this report. Still there are many of you who could appreciate someone going to the physical office to reassure you (more than a google earth pic), so I'm writing this to give you that reassurance.
I still haven't gotten the miner hashing. It was working fine at the office when Josh was showing me, however I needed to change settings to get it working on my network and managed to mess things up. So now Josh is back and forth with me on email trying to help me fix up what I messed up!

Here are some pics:

http://ppl.ug/e9xgrqCkWTA/

http://ppl.ug/FxUihk9hGmA/

http://ppl.ug/eoz0__3CIq4/

http://ppl.ug/6JonrknehbQ/

Man...  now I am going to pick up my terra hash miners myself.  Forget waiting for UPS to botch up delivery.

Anyway,  thanks for the report.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:07:29 PM

Could you provide a copy of your invoice (redacted if necessary) and the transaction ID of the payment?

Nope, they have no legal registered company whatsoever in the USA.

Why is not working? Could you explain with more details what is happening?

Very good!
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:21:52 PM

The order number jives with my order number.  I ordered on Dec 9th, my order was #961.

My order was for a 1.2 THs system, so I don't really expect my system until Feb.

So far everything is aligning.

Bitmine.ch has shown their chips to be legit.
Bitmine.ch has on their web page AMT as their distributor.    Bitmine.ch would not have chosen AMT if they had no evidence of having the expertise of delivering.
AMT appears to have delivered a bitfury system.
There's a video 2 months ago with Josh demo'ing the bitfury system.

Now I don't really care if the bitfury system works or not, or whether they have enough bitfury systems to supply.  I only care about the Bitmine systems and hopefully AMT learned some lessons in how much effort it really takes to deliver their Bitfury systems such that they won't make the same mistakes with the Bitmine systems.

I expect most of the glitches in delivery in their first generation systems.  I do expect better delivery with their 2nd generation systems.   Note:  Bitmine.ch also is on their 2nd generation.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:23:37 PM

Could you provide a copy of your invoice (redacted if necessary) and the transaction ID of the payment?

Very good!

What kills me is that there IS an advanced mining technology inc registered in Pennsylvania.
https://www.corporations.state.pa.us/corp/soskb/Corp.asp?868855

I guess they haven't heard about this new one.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:34:22 PM

Very good!

What kills me is that there IS an advanced mining technology inc registered in Pennsylvania.

I am guessing they registered in delaware.   

I found this:

File Number:   5341525   
Incorporation Date / Formation Date:   05/29/2013
Entity Name:   ADVANCED MINING TECHNOLOGIES INC

Now you can pay the $20 to get more info behind this registration.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Khanduras

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:37:09 PM

I find it funny how all these people claim for it to be super easy to get in touch with someone from AMT.

Seventeen emails unanswered. Three phone calls not returned. All from the beginning of December.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:41:28 PM

I find it funny how all these people claim for it to be super easy to get in touch with someone from AMT.

Seventeen emails unanswered. Three phone calls not returned. All from the beginning of December.

That truly is unfortunate.

Anyway, I suspect, they botched up the delivery of the Bitfury systems and are only able to roll it out right now!

You know,   just so I can test this out.  I'm going to ask for a refund on one of the two systems that I ordered.

I am close enough to PA to be able to knock on their door to ask for a refund.

I will let you folks know how it proceeded.

Cheers!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:43:05 PM

Very good!

I am guessing they registered in delaware.   

I found this:

File Number:   5341525   
Incorporation Date / Formation Date:   05/29/2013
Entity Name:   ADVANCED MINING TECHNOLOGIES INC

Now you can pay the $20 to get more info behind this registration.

This is not specific to AMT. I lived in PA from July 2005 to June of 2013, and can say a lot of things about that illegitimate miscegenated pustule on the body politic known as the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. But that would take up more words than the Internet is capable of, none of 'em good. Note that this has little to nothing to do with the people of PA, except that they need to grow some balls and start a revolution. The State is omnipresent, incompetent, rapacious, repugnant, and generally horrible.

Registering a corporation in Pennsylvania, if you are not already independently wealthy and in possession of at least a few members of the legislature (yes I mean bribes) is suicide. If a company wishes to succeed, they aren't going to register in PA. Delaware is close by, not inimical to the very concept of business, and it works out. I don't know that AMT went that route, but I would hope so.

I spent the majority of my life in the Pacific Northwest, and I am now of the opinion that all those pictures of "starving peasants" standing in line for a loaf of bread in the Soviet Union were propaganda pictures filmed in the Commonwealth. I haven't been to the East side of PA, cannot comment on Philly, but Western PA is the pit of despair, and proud of it. It's a great place to be FROM. I'm not a huge fan of Idaho, it has some very odd problems of it's own, but by comparison to PA, it's paradise.
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:57:27 PM

This entrance...

...is certainly not located here:

The photo provided by the newbie forum participant is not just in a different address advertised by AMT, but it also shows the company name as "Advanced Mining Technology, INC". The register of the domain advancedminers.com is "Advanced Mining Technologies INC". The company name used in the invoice is "Advanced Mining Technologies INC".
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:59:02 PM

This entrance...

...is certainly not located here:

The photo provided by the newbie forum participant is not just in a different address advertised by AMT, but it also shows the company name as "Advanced Mining Technology, INC". The register of the domain advancedminers.com is "Advanced Mining Technologies INC". The company name used in the invoice is "Advanced Mining Technologies INC".

No, that business and the others listed is at
355 West Lancaster Avenue
Haverford, PA 19041

http://goo.gl/maps/Cg3lx

You can see the styling design in the street view images, it would likely be the back right corner building.
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:14:34 PM

No, that business and the others listed is at
355 West Lancaster Avenue
Haverford, PA 19041

http://goo.gl/maps/Cg3lx

You can see the styling design in the street view images, it would likely be the back right corner building.

I said that the address provided by AMT (1254 W. Chester Pike, Havertown, PA, 19083) is not the address of the entrance show in the photo provided by the new forum participant.
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:23:53 PM

Ok, I didn't know if the address to the picture posted was known yet. I just did a quick googling.
fryarminer

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:38:30 PM

Very good!

Not sure the best way to do this, so I printed the confirmation email and took a pic of it. Here it is:

http://ppl.ug/12UB92VbGeE/

Whether they are a real company on the books or not is not for me to judge - all I know is that I went there and there is physically something there and someone gave me my miner.

As far as what is happening with it not working, the D-Link card that is in the machine is programmed with a software that is very similar to the Avalon software. It's not identical, but very similar. It doesn't have wifi, you have to use an ethernet connection. Josh had programmed it so it would work on the average 192.168.x.x network, however my network is mac, so it's a 10.0.1.x network. Instead of changing the static ip to match my network, I figured I'd just go with the automatic via DHCP, and in doing so I messed up some of the network info. At least that is what I think is wrong.
I'm also stuck with trying to get it to work by plugging the bitfury boards directly into my laptop or into minepeon, I think I'm missing some drivers. I've been insanely busy with real life stuff so I haven't had the chance to sit down for more than 15 min at a time to be able to research drivers and try stuff. So yeah, that's what's going on. Any help would be much appreciated!

fryarminer

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:47:48 PM

and the transaction ID of the payment?

Oh, yeah, I paid in btc, but through Bitpay. I think this is the transaction ID but I'm not sure: 0a9f2f267f4bca00a58be30cd16130cccf1037f0b3622d772b4e5241edc2e3fe

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: