Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:25:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:40:34 PM

Since these work through USB-hubs, as individual boards...

Would you guys be willing to sell just the miner-boards, minus the case, power-supply, server-board, fans.

I would love to simply build my own setup, and save cost/shipping on things I already have in my possession. I'll make an offer of $4000USD for another 1.2THs worth of just the mining-boards. Also, if anyone wants a return, for an order of a 1.2THs model, with an order-number below #968, I will be willing to give you the chance to surrender your order. (Mediated by AMT themselves, so they can just ship your order to me, and give you the BTC return.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:53:11 PM

wow, no one is getting miners anywhere yet the network hashrate keeps flying up!!!

you'd think miners would of organized by now and have a bit more control and say over their money??

is it time to form an association?? nah, they are out to make millions themselves and hate on each other!!   Shocked

Knc has obviously shipped a boat load of solid hashing machines.

I do like the premise of this thread, a scammy company that advertises all over the place and never ships makes  a thread bitching about customers asking for results. Hahahaahaahahahaahahha. Then they delete their first post.
gamersglory

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

No more Crypto in this world

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:03:40 AM

Good luck AMT if you need help with anything just ask. Everything seems legit with you guys. Just seems like you got more orders then you expected.
People need to chill out miners are a lot of work. They don't just appear out of thin air people.     
sh1k1g4m1

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:16:06 AM

Good luck AMT if you need help with anything just ask. Everything seems legit with you guys. Just seems like you got more orders then you expected.
People need to chill out miners are a lot of work. They don't just appear out of thin air people.     

They will need alot of luck to fill all those orders.
Khanduras

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:15:19 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 01:53:43 AM by Khanduras

That would be the case if they weren't just grabbing boards made by other people, shoving them in a case with fans and throwing a Raspberry Pi in there to top it off.

All in all, 30 minutes worth of work.

Two weeks overdue with my shipment. If they still don't respond to my emails or phone calls before Christmas, I'm demanding a refund. I can get several AntMiners for cheaper, and have it guaranteed to be delivered before January. This is just ridiculous.

Edit: On the plus side, if they hold to their Miner Protection Plan, anyone who ordered a 80GH/s to 190GH/s (assuming they really are just underperforming at 160GH/sec) miner are already entitled to a free upgrade. Wonder how they're going to manage to handle all of that. They seem to barely be able to keep up with the orders they already have.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
bigfish321

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:33:56 AM

Congrats, you figured out one of the guys that works in our office. Amazing job! you obviously have no fucking life. Also non of those domains are associated with Joshua, stop making shit up at this point. Do a simple whois check.

Keep it up, post more info about  Alex Singer, or Jake Cohen, or Jim Brown.. Get our Socials and phone numbers and come visit our houses you fucking stalkers.

And come see us in person. It'll never stop us from shipping miners you tard.

Amazing detective work for sure guy.. Give me your address so I can give you a donation.

Invading the personal privacy of our employees is crossing the line.

sh1k1g4m1

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:09:38 AM

Congrats, you figured out one of the guys that works in our office. Amazing job! you obviously have no fucking life. Also non of those domains are associated with Joshua, stop making shit up at this point. Do a simple whois check.

Keep it up, post more info about  Alex Singer, or Jake Cohen, or Jim Brown.. Get our Socials and phone numbers and come visit our houses you fucking stalkers.

And come see us in person. It'll never stop us from shipping miners you tard.

Amazing detective work for sure guy.. Give me your address so I can give you a donation.

Invading the personal privacy of our employees is crossing the line.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_scIqwOPARKY/TCi6vgfcuoI/AAAAAAAAAKQ/qM_1Tk8kZgU/s1600/obama_surprised_cropped.jpg

https://image.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/9/4/1315143879260/Andrew-Card-and-George-Bu-007.jpg
ISAWHIM

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:05:56 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 05:17:54 AM by ISAWHIM

Edit: On the plus side, if they hold to their Miner Protection Plan, anyone who ordered a 80GH/s to 190GH/s (assuming they really are just underperforming at 160GH/sec) miner are already entitled to a free upgrade. Wonder how they're going to manage to handle all of that. They seem to barely be able to keep up with the orders they already have.

Um, ROI is not $0 until the miner power-use/cost is less than yield of BTC. I don't think those miners will be $0 ROI for years to come. (They don't mention ROI time, or initial purchase investment, so I assume that is not in the agreement. It reads as "operating ROI", which I am sure they will clarify, when that time comes.)

Even a Radeon 7970 video-card still makes more BTC than power it consumes, via alt-coins value in BTC. (Actually more than most of these GHs ASICs at times.)

I am only getting an ASIC to fill the gap of all the new coins coming-out for sha-256, which are only worth mining with the latest ASICs.

To the other comment about KNC... KNC has stopped taking orders, and they still are not delivering anything for three to four months, from now. (Another month or two, and they may start taking orders again, so AMT is your only choice, besides BFL. For small orders of single units with this power.)

BFL, KNC, Avalon... (Were/are still preorder for new things)
X-Box One (Was Preorder)
Playstation 4 (Was Preorder)
Grand Theft Auto V (Was Preorder)
Assassin's Creed IV (Was Preorder)
Insert most new things here (Will start as preorder)

That was to the guy who implied "preorders were just AMT's way of doing things".
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:15:26 AM

i don't understand why people are wasting time with these amateurs... there are miners ready to ship just waiting for satoshis... and it won't be too long for giorgio from bitmine.ch to realize his mistake...  Grin
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:22:19 AM

wow, no one is getting miners anywhere yet the network hashrate keeps flying up!!!

you'd think miners would of organized by now and have a bit more control and say over their money??

is it time to form an association?? nah, they are out to make millions themselves and hate on each other!!   Shocked

Knc has obviously shipped a boat load of solid hashing machines.

I will note that many on this forum are not apt to comprehend the subtle points (ie: KNC hasn't pushed the network to 10Ph all by themselves...)

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
ISAWHIM

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:29:08 AM

i don't understand why people are wasting time with these amateurs... there are miners ready to ship just waiting for satoshis... and it won't be too long for giorgio from bitmine.ch to realize his mistake...  Grin

You know someone selling 1.2Ths miners NOW for $6000... Oh, you are talking about Erupter-Blades that are $6000 for only 100Ghs... (0.1Ths)... Let me get on that right away... I want to pay $6000 * 12 = $72,000 for something that will only earn an expected return of $12,000 a year, at best. It would only take me 28 years to get a ROI on that purchase now. (Since each year it earns less and less.)

I know you are not talking about bitmine.ch providing these miners now... they say delivery expected in "MAY". (If you buy 1000, like AMT is doing, I am sure they deliver faster. But for single purchases, expect it in May. Priority goes to the guys with big money, buying 1000's of boards.)
Khanduras

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:43:11 AM

You know someone selling 1.2Ths miners NOW for $6000... Oh, you are talking about Erupter-Blades that are $6000 for only 100Ghs... (0.1Ths)... Let me get on that right away... I want to pay $6000 * 12 = $72,000 for something that will only earn an expected return of $12,000 a year, at best. It would only take me 28 years to get a ROI on that purchase now. (Since each year it earns less and less.)

I know you are not talking about bitmine.ch providing these miners now... they say delivery expected in "MAY". (If you buy 1000, like AMT is doing, I am sure they deliver faster. But for single purchases, expect it in May. Priority goes to the guys with big money, buying 1000's of boards.)

AntMiners. Price is just slightly over AMT's price for the 1.2 TH miner. Paying for multiple pieces of hardware at the same price of a single piece of hardware isn't a bad investment when you can get your stuff within a week. In my case, it's very tempting considering my order through AMT is two weeks behind the time they told me it would ship.

ISAWHIM

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:01:57 AM

AntMiners. Price is just slightly over AMT's price for the 1.2 TH miner. Paying for multiple pieces of hardware at the same price of a single piece of hardware isn't a bad investment when you can get your stuff within a week. In my case, it's very tempting considering my order through AMT is two weeks behind the time they told me it would ship.

Seems like a lot of DIY work, and power-hungry. Can't find any place that sells them, or any specs other than the forums, which shows 100Ghs-300Ghs (overclocked to near-death, and the 300Ghs seems to be two units, not one. So, 200GHs OCed to 300GHs? With 500-800+ Watts of power consumption.). Though, they are still erupter-blades, just on custom boards. Needs power-supply, lots of configuration to get it just to function, and I see mention of failures with no mention of "reimbursement".

However, that does seem like a viable alternative to the wait. I prefer to wait. As tempting as those look at the moment, to me. Tongue (They do look tempting.)
Khanduras

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:18:54 AM

Seems like a lot of DIY work, and power-hungry. Can't find any place that sells them, or any specs other than the forums, which shows 100Ghs-300Ghs (overclocked to near-death, and the 300Ghs seems to be two units, not one. So, 200GHs OCed to 300GHs? With 500-800+ Watts of power consumption.). Though, they are still erupter-blades, just on custom boards. Needs power-supply, lots of configuration to get it just to function, and I see mention of failures with no mention of "reimbursement".

However, that does seem like a viable alternative to the wait. I prefer to wait. As tempting as those look at the moment, to me. Tongue (They do look tempting.)

Power consumption is negligible when it comes to getting a jump on things. You'd make your expenses back in less than a day of mining. Though, it is a lot of power to equal what the AMT 1.2TH is rated at (which, by the way, is extremely off somewhere... it seems like it would use a lot more power than what they quote), but you need to remember... the 1.2TH miners from AMT aren't shipping until February anyway. So is it worth it? Probably so, yes.

swiftshoot

Activity: 200

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:20:44 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 06:33:39 AM by swiftshoot

Everyone who ordered an AMT80ghs, AMT128ghs, or AMT192ghs, please post your order number here.
Order #803 AMT 128ghs.
Was suppose to ship on the 21st December but since that was on Saturday, I will wait until Monday to call for my tracking number.
Once I got it, I will post some pics of it here.

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
Khanduras

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:25:03 AM

Everyone who ordered an AMT80ghs, AMT128ghs, or AMT192ghs, please post your order number here.
Order #803 AMT 128ghs.
Order #805 AMT 128GHash/sec. I guess I'm behind this guy. ;p

swiftshoot

Activity: 200

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:35:41 AM

Power consumption is negligible when it comes to getting a jump on things. You'd make your expenses back in less than a day of mining. Though, it is a lot of power to equal what the AMT 1.2TH is rated at (which, by the way, is extremely off somewhere... it seems like it would use a lot more power than what they quote), but you need to remember... the 1.2TH miners from AMT aren't shipping until February anyway. So is it worth it? Probably so, yes.
Another option is that they don't overclock and put in more miners into the system.  This way they run cooler and use less watts.  Ever thought of that?

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
Khanduras

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:26:40 AM

Another option is that they don't overclock and put in more miners into the system.  This way they run cooler and use less watts.  Ever thought of that?
Actually, the boards they're using are clearly rated by the manufacturer to consume more power than what AMT suggests their complete systems' minimum power consumption is. I'm not trying to discredit them or anything, I'm merely stating a fact. Even underclocked the rates don't add up right. However, power consumption isn't an issue for me, but I feel that other people should know that they can expect slightly higher power consumption than what AMT's advertised rates were. That's nothing special, and nothing to worry about. Even Avalon, BFL and KnC had that exact problem as well.

Either way, I'm not trying to discredit them or anything. If you paid any attention, I ordered a smaller miner as well as a larger miner from AMT, even despite the power consumption differences which are to be expected. I'm not sure why you feel you have to be defensive when there's no need to be.

My only problem with AMT is their lack of communication with paying customers. I sent multiple emails and left multiple phone calls and have yet to hear back from them. This has been over a three week period. And from what I hear, I'm not the only one having extreme difficulties getting in touch with them. It's a valid concern.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:52:32 AM

My only problem with AMT is their lack of communication with paying customers.

I admire your faith. So far AMT haven proven to be misleading or lying about most things; shipping dates, performance claims (which allegedly they will fix by adding more boards, but no word how they will compensate the "many" customers already served), power consumption figures seem extremely improbable, the no VAT in the EU lie, they are paying off shills, and now they pretend that they will receive 28nm chips this week when even their supplier said a while ago it wont happen until next year.

Every new asic vendor is met with a lot of skepticism here, sometimes even too much, but AMT is doing a good job showing just why that is. Trust has to be earned, and so far AMT has earned none in my book.
Khanduras

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:06:04 PM

My only problem with AMT is their lack of communication with paying customers.

I admire your faith. So far AMT haven proven to be misleading or lying about most things; shipping dates, performance claims (which allegedly they will fix by adding more boards, but no word how they will compensate the "many" customers already served), power consumption figures seem extremely improbable, the no VAT in the EU lie, they are paying off shills, and now they pretend that they will receive 28nm chips this week when even their supplier said a while ago it wont happen until next year.

Every new asic vendor is met with a lot of skepticism here, sometimes even too much, but AMT is doing a good job showing just why that is. Trust has to be earned, and so far AMT has earned none in my book.

Not exactly like I can do anything about the orders I placed even if my faith were wavering considering their inability to return my calls and/or emails. And quite honestly, it's beginning to.

I'm normally a "trust needs to be earned" person as well, but with the way MOST mining hardware companies have released their stuff, I'm pretty sure if we stuck to that when it came to the bitcoin ecosystem, we'd all be sitting on a big pile of nothing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: