Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:57:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:01:23 PM

Puppet is a good source of information. He also jumps newbies.

Shocked

I absolutely dont and i take offense that you say so.
I do "jump" stupid arguments, but I dont care one yota if they come from 5 year old veterans or 1 week old accounts. In fact Id be more likely to just ignore a newbie saying stupid things than someone who should know better by now.

For the most part that's true. I take it back. You did a couple times on the KnC thread, but you jumped vets too. I just came off of a 70 hour work week and I think I had you confused with Avenger or Edgar. I have more coffee in me today. The rest of my reply wasn't really aimed at you. You ARE a good source of information.

I do wish that people on here would make more of a distinction betwixt a fan and a shill. Clenell reminds me of Phoenix1969 on the KnC thread. Excitable but cool, ya know?
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:09:26 PM

It may or may not be true, but a good friend of mine told me that AMT offered people (or at least them) a 5-10% discount to defend them here on the forums. It could be in this mess of a thread somewhere, but to be honest, I didn't read it entirely. That could definitely explain the army of irate cheerleaders.

Sounded far fetched to me, but actually, you are correct:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304605.msg3893935#msg3893935

Woha. And then people question my motives. This alone would be reason enough never to buy from AMT. They must be the first company to unashamedly and publicly pay off shills. If they have no problems doing that, who knows what else they are capable off.

hell yeah your motives are questioned. you make ridiculous claims based on speculation. it is very clear you are an attention whore and a troll. you have zero credibility bro... none.

I suggest you read through the KnC thread (if you have a lot of time) and you'll find that Puppet had a lot to say that was spot on. So did Phoenix1969, who your style reminds me of. Both got at odds to one another too, and both were right as often as not. Puppet's ok in my book. So are you. AMT? I'm still neutral. They aren't playing real smart, but that isn't unusual for geeks trying to do marketing. I think they made some claims they couldn't live up to, probably unintentionally, and instead of fessing up they clammed up. Also typical geek behaviour. Let's try not to start a flame war. I too thought the discount thing was kind of classless.

FWIW I have followed both threads from the first post. KnC delivered. Late, but not horribly so, and a good but buggy product. Let's hope that like them, AMT's main problem  is poor communication and a bit more ego than justified. I don't think they are a scam. I do think they need to get some professional marketing people and LISTEN to them.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:22:10 PM

Yes. 1200 was the specific number because while surfing the intertubes I found that was about the capability that was within the budget I was willing to spend on a machine at this time. There were several contenders but after looking at the delivery dates, I chose AMT. You are assuming that my creation date here is the creation date for me to this planet. Now step away from the computer, go outside and get some fresh air and sunshine. It seems like you need it.

Now, are we here to mine coins or chase bigfoot?

I apologize to everyone else for feeding the troll.

If you and all the people that Puppet pointed out are here to mine coins why aren't you/they active in other topics too? I see a lot of people only interested in AMT and nobody else. Why?

First off... i think you are making another assumption (seems to be a lot of that here). I myself do post on other topics but no where near as much as i do on this one. Nevertheless, even if this was the only thread i posted on it would be because this is the only miner i am purchasing presently. honestly, i don't care about anything else other than my current $6,000 investment. is there another thread you think i should be paying attention to? i'm not quite sure where you are going with this.

That's not an assumption. Everyone can look at your posts and can see that around 80% of your posts if not more are in this thread. Why did you choose AMT to be your only investment? I saw one single post in the Bitmain thread, but their hardware that was shipping directly from stock didn't raised your interest. Why?

Well Mr Hero member you should check my other posts before you make such an uninformed statement. So much for post counts and board cred.

My only other post in this thread other than feeding the trolls was a post only stating my order number and date. It was only after the trolls started to feed that I made numerous post in this thread.

What a waste of time this forum is turning out to be. They should change the name to wackocointalk dot org

I didn't checked any member that was pointed out by Puppet (except shill clenell right now). I just assumed he is right and you could've simply told me that you don't fall to that category. End of story. But you jumping like you did on Puppet seems really strange to me. Why didn't you replied to Puppet saying that he is wrong about you? Instead you attack him.

clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:28:10 PM

i am very excited about my purchase. i am not in any way a shill for AMT like some have suggested. i couldn't agree more with your "classless" comment. i do not agree with it. for the record i received no discount on any purchase i have made - yet (wink wink). i just don't understand the mentality coming from some people here. they have nothing invested but want to criticize those of us who do. if i thought for one second puppett was posting out of care and concern i would lay off him. however, he comes across as an uninformed ass spewing tinfoil hat theories. people don't want to hear that baseless negativity.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
clenell

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:31:09 PM

Yes. 1200 was the specific number because while surfing the intertubes I found that was about the capability that was within the budget I was willing to spend on a machine at this time. There were several contenders but after looking at the delivery dates, I chose AMT. You are assuming that my creation date here is the creation date for me to this planet. Now step away from the computer, go outside and get some fresh air and sunshine. It seems like you need it.

Now, are we here to mine coins or chase bigfoot?

I apologize to everyone else for feeding the troll.

If you and all the people that Puppet pointed out are here to mine coins why aren't you/they active in other topics too? I see a lot of people only interested in AMT and nobody else. Why?

First off... i think you are making another assumption (seems to be a lot of that here). I myself do post on other topics but no where near as much as i do on this one. Nevertheless, even if this was the only thread i posted on it would be because this is the only miner i am purchasing presently. honestly, i don't care about anything else other than my current $6,000 investment. is there another thread you think i should be paying attention to? i'm not quite sure where you are going with this.

That's not an assumption. Everyone can look at your posts and can see that around 80% of your posts if not more are in this thread. Why did you choose AMT to be your only investment? I saw one single post in the Bitmain thread, but their hardware that was shipping directly from stock didn't raised your interest. Why?

Well Mr Hero member you should check my other posts before you make such an uninformed statement. So much for post counts and board cred.

My only other post in this thread other than feeding the trolls was a post only stating my order number and date. It was only after the trolls started to feed that I made numerous post in this thread.

What a waste of time this forum is turning out to be. They should change the name to wackocointalk dot org

I didn't checked any member that was pointed out by Puppet (except shill clenell right now). I just assumed he is right and you could've simply told me that you don't fall to that category. End of story. But you jumping like you did on Puppet seems really strange to me. Why didn't you replied to Puppet saying that he is wrong about you? Instead you attack him.

another super hero here to save the mindless idiots wanting to purchase from AMT? stfu roadstress if you have nothing intelligent to bring to the table.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
clenell

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:49:40 PM

actually... i don't care anymore.

a sub just emailed me asking if i want 4 tickets to the saints/panthers game this sunday! lawlz those tickets are expensive!

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:13:51 PM

I didn't checked any member that was pointed out by Puppet (except shill clenell right now). I just assumed he is right and you could've simply told me that you don't fall to that category. End of story.

Except that he does. Registered December 10th, second post and all subsequent posts are defending AMT in this thread and the "scam list" thread (where AMT is also listed).

But you jumping like you did on Puppet seems really strange to me. Why didn't you replied to Puppet saying that he is wrong about you? Instead you attack him.

I wasnt wrong. As for the reason, seems pretty transparent:

For a 5% discount. Note the date of that post, december 9th. One day before our "friend" registered after googling "1200 GH/S bitcoin miner".

Im guessing few old members are willing to prostitute their reputation and credibility for a 5% discount, hence its likely several long time posters registered new accounts to defend AMT and collect their shill pay. With this policy AMT just achieved that pretty much NO post defending them or reporting successes is still credible, especially not from new members. Nice way to shoot themselves in the foot.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 08:20:08 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 09:45:54 PM by gmaxwell

Well, I guess there is at least one element of honesty in the shilling:  a 5% discount and an early shipment is worthless on a product that won't ever exist. So at least we can say that all the shills created through that offer at least earnestly believe that AMT is not a scam.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:21:54 PM

Well, I guess there is at least one element of honesty in the shilling:  a 5% discount and an early shipment is worthless on a product that won't ever exist. So at least we can say that all the shills created through that offer at least earnestly believe that AMT is not a scam.

They may plan to order later if/once its established its not a scam. And if it is a scam, well, they didnt lose anything except the rep of a throw away account.
clenell

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:24:29 PM

Well, I guess there is at least one element of honesty in the shilling:  a 5% discount and an early shipment is worthless on a product that won't ever exist. So at least we can say that all the shills created through that offer at least earnestly believe that AMT is not a scam.

They may plan to order later if/once its established its not a scam. And if it is a scam, well, they didnt lose anything except the rep of a throw away account.

Gump, you're a god damn genius!  

Khanduras

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:26:39 PM

And now comes the flood of throwaway cheerleader accounts. Oh... wait.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
clenell

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:29:59 PM

And now comes the flood of throwaway cheerleader accounts. Oh... wait.

lol, at least be original. +1 though huh?

ditto.

YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:03:21 PM

Well, I guess there is at least one element of honesty in the shilling:  a 5% discount and an early shipment is worthless on a product that won't ever exist. So at least we can say that all the shills created through that offer at least earnestly believe that AMT is not a scam.

You need to get a job. Way too much time on your hands.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:14:24 PM

another super hero here to save the mindless idiots wanting to purchase from AMT? stfu roadstress if you have nothing intelligent to bring to the table.

Ok. Enjoy your 5% shill discount shill! And for your information i don't care about the hero status. What i care is my reputation and my credibility something which will bring me more than a 5% discount from a vaporware/crappy miner.

I didn't checked any member that was pointed out by Puppet (except shill clenell right now). I just assumed he is right and you could've simply told me that you don't fall to that category. End of story.

Except that he does. Registered December 10th, second post and all subsequent posts are defending AMT in this thread and the "scam list" thread (where AMT is also listed).

But you jumping like you did on Puppet seems really strange to me. Why didn't you replied to Puppet saying that he is wrong about you? Instead you attack him.

I wasnt wrong. As for the reason, seems pretty transparent:

For a 5% discount. Note the date of that post, december 9th. One day before our "friend" registered after googling "1200 GH/S bitcoin miner".

Im guessing few old members are willing to prostitute their reputation and credibility for a 5% discount, hence its likely several long time posters registered new accounts to defend AMT and collect their shill pay. With this policy AMT just achieved that pretty much NO post defending them or reporting successes is still credible, especially not from new members. Nice way to shoot themselves in the foot.

Of course you weren't wrong, but his reaction speaks for himself more than you do Smiley

clenell

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:23:43 PM

just wow, we have a "moderator" chiming in? I just lost a lot of respect for this site - im late to that game i admit. here i was thinking this was a reputable blog.

gmaxwell... do you have anything intelligent to bring to the conversation or just your worthless speculation?

Khanduras

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:35:38 PM

here i was thinking this was a reputable blog.

Hahaha, if you thought this was a blog you're in need of more help than I originally thought. :p

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 09:40:48 PM

just wow, we have a "moderator" chiming in? I just lost a lot of respect for this site - im late to that game i admit. here i was thinking this was a reputable blog.
gmaxwell... do you have anything intelligent to bring to the conversation or just your worthless speculation?
Do you get double pay for making a fool of yourself towards a moderator?

I thought I was offering the best possible positive spin on an otherwise pretty terrible situation. Feel free to disagree.
clenell

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:43:14 PM

Do you get double pay for making a fool of yourself towards a moderator?

I thought I was offering the best possible positive spin on an otherwise pretty terrible situation. Feel free to disagree.

comedy is not your forte. how about you stick with "moderating" - im not so sure that's your forte either from the looks of it. don't quit your day job bro.

NaranKPatel

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:22:22 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 11:28:54 PM by NaranKPatel

So the reseller can sell cheaper than the supplier and deliver earlier... Yeah right.

Not too mention 2 to 3x the electrical efficiency of Bitmine's spec.

Check out the Coincraft A1 chip and you'll know it can run at different levels and specified power levels? So the users can tune to power availability or cost/benefit needs. Is Google not working for that sort of search for you? I agree packaging makes a difference to overall wall socket draw, but 80% rule should indicate that the ASIC's on the boards are big consumers of overall power...?

http://advancedminers.com/coincraft-a1-datasheet-specifications-released/
http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=25
NaranKPatel

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:38:24 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 10:50:11 PM by NaranKPatel

"crickets"

Puppet is a good source of information. He also jumps newbies. It's not a good dichotomy, but there it is.

I've not been specifically in his sights like some others, but I do want to comment on something I keep noticing (actually not that much from Puppet, but from quite a few others who have been on for a long time). That's the "have it both ways" mentality. I got jumped for being a newbie with opinions the day I started posting. Yet in reality I had been on the fora for over two months. I just didn't bother to register until I had something to say. Which turned out to be an annoyance due to newbie jail (my own failure, had I registered while reading I would have had all the necessary time online, and five posts ain't shit).

But there it is. Everyone starts somewhere. Being a new guy doesn't mean anything, really. People are always yelling to read, but if you take the time to do so, they yell for you being a new guy with a low post count.

How 'bout looking to content ahead of time in service, eh? Is that such an egregious paradigm?

I'd like to hear from just one of the newbie bashers on this. The one who never tripped over his dick on a forum. I've never met this guy, and despite being rather new here, I've been on BBS's since the late 70's. Everybody is a newbie at some point. And as you noted, along with others, Bitcoin is gaining traction in the media. A couple weeks back it was on the front page of the Idaho Statesman, and that paper has over a hundred year history of being late to the party.

On topic, I really hope AMT pulls it off. They are within reach of me if I can raise the money. I like the idea of walking in with cash and out with a mining machine.

True words brother, I'm a BFL's owner from early last year and looked over posts here often not needing to post, until looking over the new 28nm vendor wave (and scams) and then thought to see if I can find a good manufacturer to get behind, but this 28nm is still so bleeding edge its somewhat reminiscent of 65nm BFL claim days, still it isn't months delay or year that many of us experienced with BFL...still with BTC instability it does make one wonder are we gonna the miss boat? This urgency is certainly driving a lot of angst here in this and other threads, but as customer I'm still hopeful they will deliver ontime? Timing does have me concerned, but they are assembler not the manufacturer, manufacturer led delays can't be blamed on AMT directly, but at the same time they need to work with Bitmine or sources to maintain timing commitments to their customers. As it's early days on 28nm ASIC manufacturing for bitcoin chip production it's likely difficult to do this yet. If the market survives the variability...at some point Miners really need to band together to get some currency stability if we want it to grow?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: