Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:18:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:03:16 PM

What an astonishing concentration of cheer-leading newbie posters in this thread, many of whom claim to have ordered the 1.2TH product:

alsey7:  1 week old account, very first post is a thinly disguised AMT ad
Clenell:  3 week old, took 2 posts in newbie jail before mentioning wanting to buy AMT
Chazaki: 1 week old account, and already "extremely grateful for AMT" as "they are one of the few companies daring to take on this incredibly unstable market." (really?)
NaranKPatel: 2 week old account, second post mentions AMT
YourPalToots: 1 week old account, second post mentions AMT
pierred: 2 week old account, second post mentions AMT
smelly: 2 week old account, took 10 posts before finding this thread. This guy could be legit Smiley
russellthies: relatively old (6 month) account, but inactive (purchased?) until now. First post straight to AMT thread claiming to have bought 2 1.2 TH rigs
lucianoribeiro: 1 day old account, heads straight to this thread
majalen33: 1 week old account. Immediately heads to AMT thread to cheerlead
mrpark: 2 week old account. First newbie thats not a cheerleader (yet?). Might be genuine.
frank754: 1 week old account. Third post is in AMT thread
mdtspain: 2 weeks old account. Second post in AMT thread claims to have bought 1.2 TH miner.
Burebista: 1 week old account. Second post in AMT thread. not cheerleading, may be genuine
MinerTrain213: 2 weeks old account. Second post cheerleading in AMT thread.

I may have missed some more.

Now I dont judge people by post count or age of the account, some of the above may be genuine accounts from real people who just happened to stumble upon AMT. But what are the chances of 16 newbies posters stumbling upon AMT thread almost immediately after joining this forum, ordering expensive rigs from a dubious company, and for the most part, not posting anything in any other thread?

You need to go outside or something. Go get some air and look at some trees.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
russellthies

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:12:14 PM

"crickets"

He's offline right now cooking up his response and "investigating".
clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:21:05 PM

i'll admit -  i do kind of feel like a fucking cheerleader. if i'm proven wrong so be it. i just don't want to hear a bunch "senior" posters spewing a bunch of crap based on pure speculation. if you have some facts by all means lets hear it. puppet on the other hand has absolutely nothing and went too far.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
russellthies

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:27:52 PM

i'll admit -  i do kind of feel like a fucking cheerleader. if i'm proven wrong so be it. i just don't want to hear a bunch "senior" posters spewing a bunch of crap based on pure speculation. if you have some facts by all means lets hear it. puppet on the other hand has absolutely nothing and went too far.

Yea, I feel the same way.

Oh, and by the way Clenell, can you man the ship for a while (watch the forum, payment scam system, and emails)?  Jim and I need to go out for a while and catch up on our Christmas shopping with all the extra cash we've been hauling in.
Khanduras

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:42:00 PM

My question is this. amt and a reliable company. after all the things posted here I do not know what to think. Undecided

i hope so. there has been one person on these boards who has mad the claim of receiving a miner. I myself am waiting for a miner from them.

I was supposed to have a miner shipped three weeks after my order. It was a small order I placed as a test to see how smooth the ordering process with AMT was. It has now been four weeks. No response to emails or phone calls since that point. Still waiting for word of shipment, or even word of actual delivery. Nothing yet. I'd like to remain hopeful, but it's getting harder by the day.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
clenell

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:01:54 PM

My question is this. amt and a reliable company. after all the things posted here I do not know what to think. Undecided

i hope so. there has been one person on these boards who has mad the claim of receiving a miner. I myself am waiting for a miner from them.

I was supposed to have a miner shipped three weeks after my order. It was a small order I placed as a test to see how smooth the ordering process with AMT was. It has now been four weeks. No response to emails or phone calls since that point. Still waiting for word of shipment, or even word of actual delivery. Nothing yet. I'd like to remain hopeful, but it's getting harder by the day.

4 weeks is a VERY rosy expectation man. honestly, and i guess this is easy for me to say because it's not my miner, id start being concerned 2 weeks after expected delivery. i have heard AMT say they were running 1-2 weeks behind. i seriously doubt they can get a miner out in 4 weeks.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:08:17 PM

First of all, Id like to point out that what I wrote where verifiable facts (granted "astonishing" is kinda subjective). There is a very large number of newbie (~2 weeks or less) posters in this thread and the vast majority of them came almost directly to this thread, are posting almost nowhere else and they make up almost all of the "confirmed" orders.  Is this in dispute? I didnt think so. Does this mean I accuse every newbie poster or any particular poster of being a paid shill ? Only if you cant read or think.

Now, what conclusions you can draw from this observation is up to you. It could be coincidence. It could be that AMT is paying people to post in their thread (wouldnt exactly be the first time), it could be fake aliases to promote a scam. Its however telling that no one is coming up with non conspiratorial explanations, even though there could be some. Isnt it deeply ironic that from the stated observation, you all seem to draw the very conclusion that you accuse me of making?

As for the connection with Bitmine; considering how light on facts the statement by bitmine is, there could be a gazillion explanations. AMT signing a check (if that) or signing a contract with bitmine, doesnt exactly guarantee its customers will receive what they expected and when they expected it. Note that their Russian distributor is/was 50BTC. Good luck if you place your order there.

Khanduras

Activity: 168

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:30:06 PM

4 weeks is a VERY rosy expectation man. honestly, and i guess this is easy for me to say because it's not my miner, id start being concerned 2 weeks after expected delivery. i have heard AMT say they were running 1-2 weeks behind. i seriously doubt they can get a miner out in 4 weeks.

If you're expecting delays or can't release a miner within three weeks of the order date, DON'T advertise that you can do so. It's that simple.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
russellthies

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:31:13 PM

First of all, Id like to point out that what I wrote where verifiable facts (granted "astonishing" is kinda subjective). There is a very large number of newbie (~2 weeks or less) posters in this thread and the vast majority of them came almost directly to this thread, are posting almost nowhere else and they make up almost all of the "confirmed" orders.  Is this in dispute? I didnt think so. Does this mean I accuse every newbie poster or any particular poster of being a paid shill ? Only if you cant read or think.

Now, what conclusions you can draw from this observation is up to you. It could be coincidence. It could be that AMT is paying people to post in their thread (wouldnt exactly be the first time), it could be fake aliases to promote a scam. Its however telling that no one is coming up with non conspiratorial explanations, even though there could be some. Isnt it deeply ironic that from the stated observation, you all seem to draw the very conclusion that you accuse me of making?

As for the connection with Bitmine; considering how light on facts the statement by bitmine is, there could be a gazillion explanations. AMT signing a check (if that) or signing a contract with bitmine, doesnt exactly guarantee its customers will receive what they expected and when they expected it. Note that their Russian distributor is/was 50BTC. Good luck if you place your order there.

The things you mentioned are reasonable considerations.  I decided to remove doubt about myself by attempting to post a picture of my orders on the AMT website, and then had trouble posting the picture, at which point I realized it would do little to help because I am only one of the many questioned, and once I validated my claims, then it would viewed that I have merely been had like so many others.

One thing that I think needs to be understood however.  When I was waiting on my Butterfly Labs order, I was constantly going to "Jody's blog" to check on the status of shipments.  I was there all the time looking for every little bit of information like a thirsty deer panting for water.  After I got my miners, I never went back to the blog....I didn't care about that anymore.

I think people reading this blog are much the same.  WE WANT INFORMATION SO BADLY.  Once we have our stuff, many won't want to bother with the forum anymore.  Now that's not supplying anything to prove against a scam, however, that does go a long way to explaining why people getting their stuff may not be motivated to supply us deer with water.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:35:50 PM

If you're expecting delays or can't release a miner within three weeks of the order date, DON'T advertise that you can do so. It's that simple.

Please take your real world normal expectations back to reality.  This is Deadwood man and the predominantly libertarian crowd here don't like things like companies actually doing what they advertise...
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:37:06 PM

Thank you dave111223, the stratum proxy was indeed required.
I got this sweet thing running now, thanks to you good people of this forum. See http://postimg.org/image/raux7qah1/

I think we can get these cards running to 64GH/s but I am not going to play with voltage and such for now. I am going to let it run overnight like this.

Did you ever get your 192 GH/s machine to run a little faster than 120 GH/s?

Buy & Hold
frank754

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:04:10 PM

True, my 3rd post was on this thread, but I found the thread after stumbling onto the AMT site and then Googling for "AMT reviews". And I read every single post in all the pages before ordering one. Since the owner has been involved here, I decided to order one. Still waiting for some sort of reply, but at least I haven't paid anything yet. I've been a computer hobbyist for decades, live in NE PA, so I'm about 2 1/2 hours from picking up one when and if I can pay and they get one ready for me. I got a bitcoin from bitcoin faucet around 2009-10, but never took it seriously, and lost the wallet. Lately seeing the prices rise I began to take it seriously again. I live on a low income so can't afford to really buy any outright, but if these rigs work, I can put one on a credit card. I've been bitcoin & litecoin mining for the past month just for fun, but only have a couple dollars worth. Also am building a new computer for $700 for litecoin (actually including a Radeon R9 280X), but that may take months for the ROI. AMT seems to have the best prices and take CC's so I'm hoping to hook up with a Bitcoin rig powerful enough to get a quick ROI. Butterfly is too expensive, don't take CC's, and the rigs on Ebay are overpriced and too obsolete with the new rises in difficulty. I've been a Linux aficionado since 2000, and have been playing with the mining software quite a bit lately. So anyway... am keeping an eye out here, hoping to see news they've ramped up their assembly line and start moving these things out and also writing/calling people back about their orders.  Embarrassed
YourPalToots

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:11:44 PM

You do realize that when you type 'Advanced Mining Technology' into google that this thread is the first result. I know it's crazy to think but maybe that's how all the newbies found it. It's how I found it.
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:19:59 PM

You do realize that when you type 'Advanced Mining Technology' into google that this thread is the first result. I know it's crazy to think but maybe that's how all the newbies found it. It's how I found it.

Care to tell me what makes a (bitcoin?) newbie type "advanced mining technology" in google? Where did they even hear about this company if not through this forum?
YourPalToots

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:22:55 PM

Care to tell me what makes a (bitcoin?) newbie type "advanced mining technology" in google? Where did they even hear about this company if not through this forum?

Some of the members here really need to get over themselves. There is a life of bitcoins outside this forum.

but since you asked. The search before that was '1200 gh/s bitcoin miner'
clenell

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:26:53 PM

makes one wonder why we even have words like "behind" or "late"... in your world that is. your assumption they expected delays is a bad one.

pierred

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:30:56 PM

So, I have been mining non stop since my last post. I had 1 HW error out of 6000 units(?) accepted. Jim from AMT still hasn't called me back, he gave me some instructions by email but hasn't got around to calling me. This has been a pattern with AMT, I guess they are a small operation, very busy. I can say they are real and are at least shipping. I had to contact them often and have been courteous to them all along, giving them the benefit of the doubt (even if I was a bit scared), this apparently served me well. I can't say about the others though, all I can share is my experience.

At this point, the miner is still connected to my laptop via usb and I am running the HEX Miner software from technobit. The miner is meant to be connected directly to the network via ethernet but I can't get the TP-Link unit provided with the miner to work. I may just buy one myself and try to figure it out, how hard could it be? (famous last words).

The cards are still running at 40GH/s each, I am not sure how to get them to run at 64GH/s. Technobit advertises 40-64, so I guess it's possible but I don't want to damage them. If I don't hear from AMT, I'll ask Technobit. Unless one of you guys has a brilliant idea.

Now about this forum: I registered recently because I had something to share and I thought this would be helfpul, I also needed some tips. Until then, I was just reading it and sitting tight hoping I'll get my miner. I guess some folks don't believe Man was on the moon in 1969, so getting a miner in 2013 may be too much. Grin Seriously, I have better things to do than address some of the comments and I hope you do to.

I work and am busy, but if you live near Tampa and want to see it for yourself over the week-end I can arrange that.
Hope it works out well to those who are waiting for their miners.

clenell

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:32:13 PM

you don't type AMT... you type bitcoin miner and go from there. /facepalm.

Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:38:49 PM

but since you asked. The search before that was '1200 gh/s bitcoin miner'

Probably the first thing that comes to mind when reading about bitcoin and mining. 1200 gh/s, not 1000, or 500, or 2000 or 600. Not "best" or "cheapest" or "fastest" or "efficient" or "available" or whatever, but 1200 gh/s because thats the magic number?

For the record, if Im googling that it gives me a Hashfast Sierra "in stock" result on top.

Waiting for someone to post he googled "1855-866-6463" and found this thread as a result.
Chazaki

Activity: 181

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:39:39 PM

I found out about AMT through a friend since he knew I was mining bitcoins. Hence I went straight to google.

My advice to you is to keep your opinions to yourself. You think that what you've posted is a fact, but it isn't that at all. It's an opinion. And a fairly obtrusive one at that. Unless you can prove that any one of these "noob" posters is actually affiliated with AMT, you have nothing but something called "circumstantial evidence". Please stop wasting everyone's time with these unsupported claims and go troll somewhere else.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: