Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:02:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does merit really helping the forum.  (Read 1344 times)
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:56:19 PM

Excellent advice to get a merit. Based on my monitoring, Most forum members get a merit on the quality topics they started, and only a small percentage of merit is given if we only comment on the topic, even though the comments that we write is a quality post. Therefore, the Newbe - Jr. Member members try to create a new topic in hopes of getting a merit. Though most of the topics created are junk topics.
A new topic should to be really quality and interesting one to get a merit. Also I see that in the most of cases only first few comments on a new thread get Merit and in the most of cases those first comments appear as the best reply and support to the point.
This topic about how to get a merit appeared on the board for many times already. I just do not understand why users are so lazy to surf the board a little and to find all information that is necessary?!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:58:41 PM
Merited by FlightyPouch (1)

Through my own perspective, I do see and feel positive results when merit system was implemented in the forum. I can feel that efforts are being exerted because I am also one of them. Smiley
I am having a hard time as you can see I have only one merit at the moment and it's quite pumping me with a smile on my face. I know I am not that good in English but I try hard for everyone to understand what I want to impart.
I know I lack knowledge and that is what I am trying to improve now.

In general, it's a great system. And I think it is helpful not just now but also in the future. I think quality will be observed when thos e spammers are tired to disappoint themselves in ranking up.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:05:29 PM
Merited by TMAN (1)

In general, it's a great system. And I think it is helpful not just now but also in the future.

There are a lot of people who are complaining about the new system but they are not seeing the importance of it in the future.

I do know that spammers will still be spammers and yeah, they will still be paid but I think they will also be finding that staying in a single rank for the rest of their time here in the forum will be kind of boring so they will find a way to work on their merits to rank up.

In the meantime, let's just accept the system and wait for the results in the future to kick in.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
uslfd

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:09:31 PM

A problem is, I think people are in general not very generous with giving merits to even good posts.....

You are incorrect.. check most merited users - some of the guys in the top 20 are fantastic posters (I am not claiming to be one of them) they bring value to the forum, I learn from plenty of those guys.

you on the other hand are a Pajeet poster so get no merits.

Is it necessary to attack me personally like this?
Also, your comment is sort of racist.
This is pretty bad IMO

Pajeet posters are low quality posters who are here for bounties, airdrops and sig campaigns only. Generally not from the western world. Sometimes the English they write is so bad we don't understand them. Can't be racist if it covers 1/2 the world

1. I'm very sorry there are times you couldn't understand my English
2. "Can't be racist if it covers 1/2 the world" - say whatever pleases your heart.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Zapto25

Activity: 146
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:04:17 PM

all depend on our penilain respectively
Some say the merit system has been implemented has a very good impact. because post spam is gone
others say that the merit system has failed. There is harassment with the merit system
and there is also a statement to go from JR to full member very difficult.
all are reviews depending on each of us
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:13:31 PM

I don't know about all those rosy assessments--spamming in Bitcoin Discussion, Altcoin Discussion, and Economics has gotten so bad that I had to put those sections on ignore.  So shitposters are still going strong.   Why? Because they're still being accepted into awful campaigns by irresponsible managers, and those campaigns are accepting newbies. 

If that were to change and we keep the merit system, our problems might have an end in sight.  New users who can get into campaigns might not care to rank up.

I have definitely noticed that a lot of users are trying harder, so that in itself is a major improvement that I'm glad for.  It is working--slowly and with medium-sized results, but it is certainly working.
Maybe it is better if campaign managers in Alts do a post-review like what campaign managers do in Bitcoin campaigns before accepting participants. But it would be strictly based post quality not on merits because we know that there are lots of posts that are merit worthy but they don't get chance to be merited because of shitposters that are spamming the forum.
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:20:41 PM

I don't know about all those rosy assessments--spamming in Bitcoin Discussion, Altcoin Discussion, and Economics has gotten so bad that I had to put those sections on ignore.  So shitposters are still going strong.   Why? Because they're still being accepted into awful campaigns by irresponsible managers, and those campaigns are accepting newbies. 

If that were to change and we keep the merit system, our problems might have an end in sight.  New users who can get into campaigns might not care to rank up.

I have definitely noticed that a lot of users are trying harder, so that in itself is a major improvement that I'm glad for.  It is working--slowly and with medium-sized results, but it is certainly working.
Maybe it is better if campaign managers in Alts do a post-review like what campaign managers do in Bitcoin campaigns before accepting participants. But it would be strictly based post quality not on merits because we know that there are lots of posts that are merit worthy but they don't get chance to be merited because of shitposters that are spamming the forum.

I think you are referring to boards like the Bitcoin Discussion and Economics since there is a lot of spammers there that do not really read the posts but just post so they can earn their max posts in their Signature Campaign.

I do post in that boards but I also want to avoid it since I want my posts to be merited, and posts there are a rarely being merited since a lot of other people will post there covering the good and quality posts by spams and shit post.
guschin

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:44:38 PM

Some say the merit system has been implemented has a very good impact. because post spam is gone
others say that the merit system has failed. There is harassment with the merit system

You know, both are correct at same time.

1) Merit system has good impact for the forum. It has reduced the spam here considerably and even new members are making more detailed constructive posts. A lot of members came up with useful threads like stats and images for new forum rules.

2) Merit system has failed as well. Since the spammers are seeing all doors of getting away with spam posts and ranking up here on forum, they are using such terms for the merit system. They think that the decision will be reversed if they do so frequently.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 09:11:48 PM

1) Merit system has good impact for the forum. It has reduced the spam here considerably and even new members are making more detailed constructive posts. A lot of members came up with useful threads like stats and images for new forum rules.

2) Merit system has failed as well. Since the spammers are seeing all doors of getting away with spam posts and ranking up here on forum, they are using such terms for the merit system. They think that the decision will be reversed if they do so frequently.

It's too early to make this statement. What you've been seeing is the effect of having default sMerits in the accounts when the system was introduced. Once the decay of merit sets in and all the default merit is expired, it will become as difficult to rank up as the system intended. The spam posts will surely slow down even further than what we've seen. And before anyone says "It has been plenty of time since the system was introduced and it hasn't changed yet", there are still daily topics being started about merit, so there is still a large number of users who still don't know what the merit system is or that are not familiar with it.

Give it time, and you'll see that the system does what it is intended to do. It's just a matter of time before users realize that they cannot just farm alt accounts anymore for the sole purpose of joining bounty camps, and before the mass exodus of users who will start abandoning their accounts.

seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:57:58 PM

It's too early to make this statement. What you've been seeing is the effect of having default sMerits in the accounts when the system was introduced. Once the decay of merit sets in and all the default merit is expired, it will become as difficult to rank up as the system intended. The spam posts will surely slow down even further than what we've seen. And before anyone says "It has been plenty of time since the system was introduced and it hasn't changed yet", there are still daily topics being started about merit, so there is still a large number of users who still don't know what the merit system is or that are not familiar with it.

Give it time, and you'll see that the system does what it is intended to do. It's just a matter of time before users realize that they cannot just farm alt accounts anymore for the sole purpose of joining bounty camps, and before the mass exodus of users who will start abandoning their accounts.
I agree with what you said, Merit system makes a very great change to improve this forum. Some people can't see that until now, but at the end, they will realize that is an awesome system and it was added at the right time when the forum had a plenty of spammers. So as you said, all of things will be clear in the future, just Give the system enough time.
Creating N Action

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:27:09 PM

Of course, the merit system is really helpful in this forum because if they did not implement this system, users will continue to spam until they rank up. So far, spammers have been reduced due to this system so this forum will be flow better than before. Right now, it's really hard to rank up because many merits are needed. So let us make a quality post and a glamorous topic.

BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 11:47:01 PM

Of course, the merit system is really helpful in this forum because if they did not implement this system, users will continue to spam until they rank up. So far, spammers have been reduced due to this system so this forum will be flow better than before. Right now, it's really hard to rank up because many merits are needed. So let us make a quality post and a glamorous topic.

Shocked

You don't say! If only someone else would have said the same thing as you on any of the previous 5 pages of this thread!

Yes ofcourse it is working like how it should work, the spam are getting much less than usual. Also the account farmers cant really farm that fast now since they'll get stuck if they dont get merit. So i'd say that the merit system really works perfectly fine.

Of course, the merit system works well. The shit poster slowly decreases and everyone tries to improve the quality of their post in order to get a merit for ranked up. Its make the forum going better than ever.

Yes i think it really help a lot, it reduce the shit poser just want to rank up, in addition merit really require quality post that really helps the forum and the reader as well.

Yes, merit has a good effect in this forum.
I can say that Merit System is successful, but i think this system can still be improve to be fair for all.

Merit system will help people to make a good quality post and make a challenge to level up. For me merit system is good.
We can improved our self to make good post and be useful, meaningful post for people. Must work hard to get merit and has minimum merit for level up.

Of course, merit is very helpful in this forum. Because of the Merit, all of the members became careful and much constructive to what he/she want to comment. Merit gives more quality post from participants/members.

The merit system is very effective and what to expect, first to reduce spammers and improve the quality of the topic every day and be increasingly critical, great for improving the quality of work and especially the quality of the forum.

The merit system is very effective and what to expect, first to reduce spammers and improve the quality of the topic every day and be increasingly critical, great for improving the quality of work and especially the quality of the forum.

With the merit system is implemented on this forum it is a big challenges to us to rank up but still it is every effective to the good poster and hunt some spammer who will do shitpost. I think many user are still shitposter and they need to improve their post to rank up.

I think, yes the merit system is helping the forum. It eliminates spammers and encourage members to post and contribute useful information that can benefit and users can learn from. However, I think it's really hard to gain merits because a "constructive / quality" post is based  on one's own perception. So we should really work hard and research some more to obtain it.

Its already have a good impact in the forum, more members are now starting to post more quality and some of the spammers are now getting tagged specially for account farmers who are taking advantage to earn and not helping the forum. Even there are many members continuous complaining about how hard to get merit but still they are trying to get that and starting to change their posting style from poor to more constructive post.

Yes Merit works really well. This forum has a lot to knowing thing. Many newcomers here come only for work. Many people do counter-work without knowing it. Forum are losing popularity with unwanted writings. Merit can only provide one person for good work. So I think Merit is one of the ways to know and understand everyone's personality.

I think it's time we should introduce a demerit system. But not one where it takes one person to simply demerit another user (for having shitty posts like the ones quoted above), but what about if the demerits aren't publicly available for viewing on any post, but if a certain post receives n amounts of demerit votes, the user is demerited... For example, if a user's post gets voted to be demerited by 5 separate members, the user then has a merit removed from their account. All the while, it would never indicate publicly that the user has been demerited (to help reduce hive mentality), but it would be visible from the user's merit stats page after they have had a full merit score reduced.

If the user is at 0 merits upon getting n votes? How about if the account is temporarily banned from posting on the forums. Maybe 1 week for first offenders, 1 month for second offenders, and permanently for third time offenders?

I know it's still too early to discuss a demerit option, but I really am getting sick of the repetitive (sly) shitposters like the ones I've quoted above. You know, the ones who can actually construct a decent (and I use that term loosely) post, but still do not have the ability to review the context of the topic before posting...

Maybe I'm getting way too detailed in the nitty gritty, but I'd give anything to be able to help contribute to the fine-tuning of this forum Cheesy

Tiigon

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 01:35:03 AM

Yes very work, with this merit system reduces spam from the usual, but there is always a pros cons with the existence of this merit system, many benefits. Wink

SCAVO  Technologies
SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCES - LIFETIME CONTRACT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Ann Thread     ───────  Join our ICO:  July. 15- Oct. 31
ethbringer

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:54:03 AM

i just think the merit will lead the forum to a decline, its very simple since new member is hard or impossible to get a rank rise, and there will no new people paricipating in the future, the forum member will be less and less, then new projects will not come here to post ANN, so its vicious circle

sherwinaze

Activity: 162
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:27:35 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 04:40:00 AM by sherwinaze

It is almost a month the new system of merit has been implement to the forum. What is your opinion? It is really working as it was expected? What is you opinion?

Yes merit system is effective to this forum because there's a lot of  member force a quality post  (topic or reply) to get merit to rank up their account. but there's a bad effect to the newbie who didn't understand about this forum its hard to them to rank up their account on this forum..
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:49:03 AM

i just think the merit will lead the forum to a decline, its very simple since new member is hard or impossible to get a rank rise, and there will no new people paricipating in the future, the forum member will be less and less, then new projects will not come here to post ANN, so its vicious circle

Not all of the members are here so they can rank up fast and earn more stakes or payments in the Signature campaign either Altcoin or Bitcoin, this is a forum about Bitcoin and other Digital currencies.

If there will be less members in the future, then I guess most of them will be the one that is here for the money and not the knowledge.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 08:07:03 AM

Not all of the members are here so they can rank up fast ...

If there will be less members in the future, then I guess most of them will be the one that is here for the money and not the knowledge.
You are wrong.  Spammers and account farmers will leave first because they can not or hardly ever rank up with merit system. Those users simply join the forum to get money/ Bitcoin. Then rest users of the forum will stay here to learn, to discuss, to contribute to the forum discussion, help each other; not mainly or only for getting money anymore.

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:25:03 AM

Not all of the members are here so they can rank up fast ...

You are wrong.  Spammers and account farmers will leave first because they can not or hardly ever rank up with merit system. Those users simply join the forum to get money/ Bitcoin. Then rest users of the forum will stay here to learn, to discuss, to contribute to the forum discussion, help each other; not mainly or only for getting money anymore.
All members of the forum will be much better and the spammers have proven to be reduced, this time everyone is getting focused and motivated to be able to contribute to the forum by making good posts and also useful for the development of cryptocurrency. merit has made the forum better and I think it will be implemented over a long period of time.
ACVinegar

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:26:00 AM

I think it's time we should introduce a demerit system. But not one where it takes one person to simply demerit another user (for having shitty posts like the ones quoted above), but what about if the demerits aren't publicly available for viewing on any post, but if a certain post receives n amounts of demerit votes, the user is demerited... For example, if a user's post gets voted to be demerited by 5 separate members, the user then has a merit removed from their account. All the while, it would never indicate publicly that the user has been demerited (to help reduce hive mentality), but it would be visible from the user's merit stats page after they have had a full merit score reduced.

If the user is at 0 merits upon getting n votes? How about if the account is temporarily banned from posting on the forums. Maybe 1 week for first offenders, 1 month for second offenders, and permanently for third time offenders?

I know it's still too early to discuss a demerit option, but I really am getting sick of the repetitive (sly) shitposters like the ones I've quoted above. You know, the ones who can actually construct a decent (and I use that term loosely) post, but still do not have the ability to review the context of the topic before posting...

Maybe I'm getting way too detailed in the nitty gritty, but I'd give anything to be able to help contribute to the fine-tuning of this forum Cheesy
OMG! demerit?? that was ridiculous, some members trying their best to get some merits then now sir you are proposing demerit. Oh! well if the posts are like what you quote, I agree that they need to propose demerit system. They were always complaints regarding merit system but their posts have no improvement, it was horrible because their posts are repetitive. Sometimes I just thinking is their mind is "ONLY ONE" because they were talking the same, almost no changes with regards to the sentence or wording they were used.

However, only theymos can be decided if they create another system to deduct merits of the spammers.
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:05:53 PM

OMG! demerit?? that was ridiculous, some members trying their best to get some merits then now sir you are proposing demerit. Oh! well if the posts are like what you quote, I agree that they need to propose demerit system. They were always complaints regarding merit system but their posts have no improvement, it was horrible because their posts are repetitive. Sometimes I just thinking is their mind is "ONLY ONE" because they were talking the same, almost no changes with regards to the sentence or wording they were used.

However, only theymos can be decided if they create another system to deduct merits of the spammers.

I think this demerit system is not necessary to be implemented, WHY? because anybody could demerit you, and it would be annoying if you are going to be demerit by someone even your post is good, just meriting system would do because anybody couldn't earn merit unless his post is worth to merit for. Therefore meriting system would do, adding some other system would just bring complex problem on this forum I think.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: