Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:50:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheating in bounty programs  (Read 2200 times)
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:29:21 AM

Do you think that some bounty programs cheat because they do not want to pay bounty hunters by bringing out things to do at they end of bounty campaign? Share your thought or experience.

Nope, normally they pay the bounty if they are legitimate, because if not the communty would turn against them and damage their interest. The exception is pure scams.

Yes if they legit then they will pay but i think the problem is when they are not legit. They will change the rule of the bounty at the end of the crowdsale.
And if they are not legit, without changing everything they also will not pay the bounty.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gernoto

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

“Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018”

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:32:35 AM

There always a chance for manager and also the hunters to cheat, the worst part is who are being honest also got cheated. A project shouldn't change at the end of bounties because it will hurt the hunters, they already spent time and their money. So be respectful each other please.

▃▃▃▃▃  U N I B R I G H T  ▃▃▃▃▃
⟪ Blockchain-Based Business Integration ⟫
visit: https://unibright.io/
BeruchN

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:39:08 AM

Do you think that some bounty programs cheat because they do not want to pay bounty hunters by bringing out things to do at they end of bounty campaign? Share your thought or experience.

Definitely a lot of bounties and airdrops cheat and scam the users. The same happens in many ICOs.

----  Hot Crypto Airdrops ----   
8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:40:54 AM

I'm sure there are many that cheat to get away from making full payments but that's why you need to only do campaigns of trusted bounty managers as well as look into the campaign/company that you're promoting. 5 mins of your time could save you months of work for nothing.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:51:02 AM

Met a hunter asking for prize rights but unacceptable because the hunter did damage to bounty by using multiple accounts, can not tolerate that trait we want to share fair for everyone who wants to get the gift and we want to share it equally for all successful people find us.
it is part of a message from a friend of mine and also a manager in this forum, and I so would not like it if there is a scam project in this forum.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
TravelMug

Activity: 2618
Merit: 833

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:51:55 AM

There always a chance for manager and also the hunters to cheat, the worst part is who are being honest also got cheated. A project shouldn't change at the end of bounties because it will hurt the hunters, they already spent time and their money. So be respectful each other please.

But you have always the prerogative to stop and go somewhere if the bounties suddenly chance its payment scheme. So far though, I haven't been in a campaign that changes its payment. But it really hurts if the change of payment happens at the end you have put to much effort and at the end getting less than you expected.

I think it could be serious reputation on the bounty managers, specially if he has built enough trust in the community and probably maybe ruin by just one bounty he manages which suddenly change everything at the end.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
kirillshift

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:06:30 AM

Hi all!
I participated in MaxData project and they gave me 50 MXD bounty bonuses.
When the crowdsale begins, they will send me tokens.
Looks like they are trustworthy guys.
Did you hear about them? Or maybe someone already took part in bounty of MaxData? Let me know please.
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:15:44 AM

In my experience so far, i can say 90% of bounty program is paying, only some litte  bounty not paying becasue bad organized and they want only free advertising.  But this is risk of my nob, because actually every kind of job has each risk.

Yep, some projects launch bounty programm, doing well on ICO, collecting money, and after succesfull ICO they think that bounty participants did nothing to pay them amount that was mentioned in the beginning.
And in my experience, all projects that did this way - they also did many things that stopped price rising.
They can gain profit themselves by selling/buying their tokens on exchanges using investors' money, but investors can have just a real small amount in the end. So if I see that there were some unclearnesses during the bounty - I dont buy coins of this project and recommend others to act same

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
vanngoc2106

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:24:53 AM

I think that's not the best way! that we have to do real and quality!
Dudesss

Activity: 173

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 10:31:58 AM

There is a possibility that there will be some bounty program that will scam bounty hunters at the end of the day so wisely choose those bounties which you think will pay.

-FILIPINO TRANSLATOR-
Jarx

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:37:16 AM

But you have always the prerogative to stop and go somewhere if the bounties suddenly chance its payment scheme. So far though, I haven't been in a campaign that changes its payment. But it really hurts if the change of payment happens at the end you have put to much effort and at the end getting less than you expected.

I think it could be serious reputation on the bounty managers, specially if he has built enough trust in the community and probably maybe ruin by just one bounty he manages which suddenly change everything at the end.

That's the problem -- lot of people just don't want to change anything and they just can't quit the bounty. Because of greediness I believe.
If you see the bounty is scamming you just get an ice cream as a consolation prize and leave that crap project alone.
eugenefonts

Activity: 364
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:41:21 AM

I havent experience it yet, just be careful when joining follow the rules and submit the legitimate information needed and avoid newbie bounty manger. Choose the  best ico and strong community those project are always successful and have legitimate bounty managers. See first also the reputation of the manager if its green trust or have red trust ,never join on a bounty which manager had red trust. Avoid also little bounty they are the one who is not paying they just consume your time and effort.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:00:15 AM

I experience it in CarTaxi, they post the allocation token bounty to entice  the bounty hunters and in the end they change the allocation and the bounty manager disappear without a trace and got a negative trust and the token value was dumped hard and until now they didn't recover. Luckily that I didn't invest on it.
Mimac22

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:27:59 AM

I dont experience any trouble or any problem in bounty program because i join in legit bounties that have potential to success. Research first before join in any bounties. Because some of program are scam.

🎲🎲🎲 New era in gambling industry 💰 URUNIT 💰 Gambling platform 100% managed by its community 🎲🎲🎲
✅✅✅ http://urunit.io ✅✅✅
dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:37:13 AM

I experience it in CarTaxi, they post the allocation token bounty to entice  the bounty hunters and in the end they change the allocation and the bounty manager disappear without a trace and got a negative trust and the token value was dumped hard and until now they didn't recover. Luckily that I didn't invest on it.
you still lucky to recieve your bounty even they change the allocation .the worste is like what happen in atlant camapaign, moreof the participants there is not get any payment more of them been disqualified after the ICO finish. even though their finish the required post needed.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Bokugo

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:44:54 AM

you still lucky to recieve your bounty even they change the allocation .the worste is like what happen in atlant camapaign, moreof the participants there is not get any payment more of them been disqualified after the ICO finish. even though their finish the required post needed.
That is why we need to get to know the bounty manager of the gift program, and that is unavoidable, because
they show that whenever a gift manager can change the rules, allocations, and so on.
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:46:46 AM

There are also such cases. It happens when the end of the bounty program requires the passage of the procedure KYC, or you did not fulfill the required conditions. So much depends on the manager of the company, he may not like something in your work and he will reject you. Other things happen...
Robin_Good

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:49:36 AM

I think that's true. There are some cheating bounty programs. Everybody wants to have a free working power, but such teams just undermine confidence to its project by such actions

Bonus777

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:51:19 AM

Unfortunately, recently this happens more often. Some companies do not want to pay tokens bounty hunters for their work. But they do not understand that in the end they will only get worse from this. Their reputation will suffer. And they will lose more from this than they will gain.

jankekek

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:05:22 PM

Yes it will happen sometimes but most bounty programs paid their applicants according to their effort and honesty in working during the campaign period.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: