Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:33:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheating in bounty programs  (Read 2200 times)
Coinhype

Activity: 204
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:59:55 AM

I think that happends a lot in the last time. And the problem is, it will become normal. ANd we as the bounty hunter we can nothing do against these. SO they always write that they have the right to change the bouny rules. And what you wanna do when they change it? Cancel your participations and loose all your stakes you worked the weeks before? So its like we can nothing do against this. Expect just to participaiting in bounty campaigns with trustfull bounty managers!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AleksBBB

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:18:05 PM

Bounty hunters need to know the manager, there are few good managers which will pay you well! There are a lot of bounty developers who do not pay at the end of the campaign.
Yamakuna

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:33:21 PM

Managers do not really bother. Also for projects managers mostly do not matter that part of the pool of bounty goes to scammers.
gentlesam07

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:42:44 PM

Do you think that some bounty programs cheat because they do not want to pay bounty hunters by bringing out things to do at they end of bounty campaign? Share your thought or experience.
It's a bit a painful experience, I mean after the rigorous stress gone through during bounty still some bounty campaigns refuse to pay participants. Well,  there may be a lot of reasons associated mainly to when such project doesn't achieve their set down goal, so they find it difficult to fulfil their promises and fold up.
Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:43:50 PM

I think that happens in some bounty programs, where participants, after completing the who campaign, now bring up KYC in order to so many from getting their tokens. This is not fair on the side of those projects. These rules should always be stated at the beginning of the campaigns, so that those who cannot comply can quick look for another campaign to participate in.
CyNotes

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:49:43 PM

Do you think that some bounty programs cheat because they do not want to pay bounty hunters by bringing out things to do at they end of bounty campaign? Share your thought or experience.

Some bounty programs are cheat, fake and scam. They tend to dupe the bounty hunters of their rewards after they have achieved their goals and objectives. While some do not meet up with their soft cap.  Digitizecoin is just an example who doesn't meet with soft cap and therefore returned the money of its investors.
This is actually a worst case. Investors will get their money back if the soft cap isn't met. But bounty hunters lost hours of hardwork with no payment. If anyone participated in a signature campaign like that then it would have been a nightmare.
This is true, bounty campaigns with fake and scam were wasting our time and they don't care how much time and effort to make our job done well. Using fake campaigns and scammy one, they already wasted their time.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
GoodSammy123

Activity: 116

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:51:30 PM

Participating in bounty campaigns without reward? Yeah, it happened few times but this really goes down to inability of such projects to achieve their goals before going into the whole process, this makes it hard to fulfil their promised percentage of the whole profit made.
John Joseph Mago

Activity: 255

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:52:14 PM

I don't encountered yet. Because if they have changes in the rules, they will inform it also in the telegram. So, all will be updated on what's new. Only I encountered in bounty was the "SCAM". Be careful to the scammer. But definitely, we can't tell if the said project / bounty manager are scammers.
Megashaw

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:54:43 PM

That is why before jumping on any bounty, I really put in consideration who the bounty manager is. I like to do bounties with reputable bounty managers that are fair and honest.
que91

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:00:43 PM

The sad thing is that this situation happens a lot in the cryptocurrencies market. There are a lot of bounties due to the lack of control that leads to their scam and not paying the token to the bounty participant. Typically it's the Envion project, it's been 4 months that the admin team has not taken any action for rewarding members. It was a terrible act, not respect for the community. I hope 2019 will have a mechanism to control and eliminate if the ICO project fraud.
Nagrogflaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:00:53 PM

if there are companies that are not good and cheats in the bounty they spend then it is a bad advertisement for their project and surely they will not want to take that risk

bitcointemon

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:07:19 PM

yes I see some of them are not paying the participants who have supported their project to succeed, for that I always check and cautious before joining bounty because I don't want to work in vain because it just wasting time and I hope there will be new rules This forum in order to reduce bounty scam
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:13:20 PM

That is why before jumping on any bounty, I really put in consideration who the bounty manager is. I like to do bounties with reputable bounty managers that are fair and honest.

That's certainly correct, in this way we can have some guarantee that we are in good hands. Additionally, there are times that some of their ICOs being handled were not successful but at least they will notify the hunters. And we can't really avoid such circumstances that there are times that they really cheated and we can't do nothing but to accept it.
Indai24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:15:04 PM

yes I see some of them are not paying the participants who have supported their project to succeed, for that I always check and cautious before joining bounty because I don't want to work in vain because it just wasting time and I hope there will be new rules This forum in order to reduce bounty scam

Sometimes other things are out of our control and as much as we would like to avoid these to happen we really don't have any option to check whether this bounty is a scam or not unless we tried it. And yes I agree with you I'm hopeful that there will be some rules and set of securities and regulations as well inorder for these people not to continue doing scams.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:17:16 PM

that is already a common problem for bounty ico campaigns and so far the forum has not yet implemented a new rules in order to lessen the scammers. Mods and dt members can only give them a negative trust which is i think really helpful enough . I hope that admins will soon revised some rules that will greatly re strain those ico's. a small fee or a kyc verification might be a good idea to be required before a bounty can start their own campaign. On that way , we are fully sure that they are legit.
longergou

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:21:36 PM

that is already a common problem for bounty ico campaigns and so far the forum has not yet implemented a new rules in order to lessen the scammers. Mods and dt members can only give them a negative trust which is i think really helpful enough .
In fact, once the bounty hunter has deceived the bounty manager, it will be marked by the DT members. But once the bounty managers have deceived the bounty hunters, they have not received any punishment,I think the DT members are biased towards them in this respect.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 05:49:12 AM

I have experience it not once but many times. I have high hopes when the bounty program ends it will pay in 2-3 weeks but not all of it really pays. If you havent receive any rewards on a long period of waiting, maybe you entered the wrong eth receiving address that cause to send the tokens to other users not on you. When you inputted the correct address make sure to pm the bounty manager about it. If no replies receive you can put negative trust on him/her.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:57:27 AM

That is possible because they know that many people involved in the campaign can not meet their KYC. So they did it to take over the money that the participants earned.
But there are some management teams that work very seriously. Team Amazix is a typical. They always announce the conditions required to receive bonuses after the end of the project. So I think before joining any project, ask the manager for the necessary information.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:24:48 PM

I took a part in successful campaigns so far and I do not have a bad experience with bounty managers. Anyway, I am aware of this particular problem. Dishonest bounty managers do not pay participants or they simply do not give them stakes and ignore their frustrated comments. What can we do? Well, just give them negative trust and they will not be able to run other campaigns in the future. The most of serious projects use services of well-known managers though, so we do not have to worry if we join them.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
sserge009

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:05:30 PM

I have not yet encountered changes in the rules of the campaign in the course of its passage. There have been cases when tokens were recalculated, but this usually happened in favor of the community.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███