Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:03:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheating in bounty programs  (Read 2200 times)
smhome354

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:38:14 AM

Cheaters in bounty programs should be reported to prevent them from doing bad deeds to others. They are destroying the reputations of the legitimate ones. They should realize that the bad things they do will fire back to them. Worst, it could fire back to their loved ones.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs & Blockchain Companies ▼ Join Our ICO Now! ▼

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TKarollah

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

“A nexgen decentralized ride hailing ”

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:08:10 AM

Sometimes rules can change at any time to get us excluded from bounty, in any way will be done. I do not like managers like that, better follow the good managers and who are well known by the people in this forum.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     IEO-Live: April 2019
██ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
DyllanGM

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:41:09 AM

Do you think that some bounty programs cheat because they do not want to pay bounty hunters by bringing out things to do at they end of bounty campaign? Share your thought or experience.

Yes, sometime I think this is really the case. When the ICO is almost over, they just shut their ann thread and lock it. I was so unfortunate to have been a victim of this scheme, and even though I did not lost any money but the time I have spent is wasted.
acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:52:58 AM

Do you think that some bounty programs cheat because they do not want to pay bounty hunters by bringing out things to do at they end of bounty campaign? Share your thought or experience.
Well it is likely to be true. In that they can intentionally change the rules later so that many hunters will do the wrong thing and at the end you won't get paid, but it is very subjective though! It has happened to many of us on several occasions. Anything can cause a bounty manager to change the rules of the bounty. Sometimes it can even be a directive from the project managers and hence they would have to change the rules.
But one thing we must not forget is that it is always the duty of the bounty hunter to constantly check the bounty thread for any changes made to the campaign. Before we sign up to campaigns we agree that the terms and conditions can be changed and hence we must be checking to see if any changes have been made. So we must do well and be checking frequently for any modification to rules so that we don't blame the managers later for unpaid work
clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:55:42 AM

Cheating exist with both bounty campaigns and bounty hunters.  There is serious regulations and measures that cub excesses of bounty hunters and this forum is always doing more to make sure everyone is not cheated

DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:58:23 AM

The only place where bounty hunters are pissed when they need to do KYC is in the US where not many have an actual passport. The rest of the world (at least those participating in bounties I assume) do have a passport. I don't get why KYC is such a big deal, it's just one of the rules. I do admit that projects need to mention this specifically up front, or come up with other ways to approve a bounty hunter. True, if work is done, payment must follow suit.
Onurb

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:00:03 AM

Probably yes, there is no control and we can only trust the honesty and reputation of the managers.
16sept

Activity: 135

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:13:31 PM

Dev can search your IP, so you do bounty with multiple account can be blocked all of them
sunniechance3

Activity: 242

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:16:31 PM

It is very common many mangers seems to run out at the time of payment. also, one will observe that many bounties are manged by newbies and Jr. Members which makes the bounty less secure for bounty hunters as they can run anytime if coin is performing not well. I think moderators should also keep an eye on types of bounties which comes at bitcointalk.org.
ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:14:40 PM

That's possible. After all, some bounty managers would like to keep tight control over the bounties that they will (or will not) give out. As understandable as it may sound, since they are also entrusting their projects to people they don't know, changing the rules towards the end of a project and kicking people out of their hard earned bounties would also hurt their reputation ten-folds. I haven't experienced that yet and I believe I will not anytime soon.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:26:34 PM

Most of the times is not really that they don´t want to pay but rather than that they are simply so poorly managed that the community feels they are being cheated.
nawosecad68

Activity: 155

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:34:24 PM

I once identified a bounty program that added a new rule at the end of the campaign, whatever the purpose, it was suspicious. But I am sure with the manager because previously been analyzed before followed. It all depends on your determination in choosing and checking bounty program that you will follow.
dolcefarniente

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:40:44 PM

In order not to be deceived during bounty stacks counting, it is better to choose campaigns that are managed by well-known administrators with good reputation. But we must bear in mind that admins only manage daily work and the project organizers dictate the rules.
Yamakuna

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:41:38 PM

Not all Bounty campaigns are not totally a cheaters, but some of bounty must be a scammer.  When they not get the final or market price and their target, they need to do a second bounty but some campaigns must do get money because it is only cents or too low.
KeithBeeCham

Activity: 252
Merit: 22

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:23:35 PM

Do you know about Envion bounty? Envion bounty has ended for months but there are no information about bounty distribution from Envion dev team and their telegram group even don't have any admin or they don't even care about it cause they already got a lot of money from investors and they can scam if they want to Smiley)

keydean00

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:28:13 PM

we've been through this many times, so many projects don't want to pay after they've raised a lot of money.
mariomerula

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:31:16 PM

One thing I really hate is when a campaign finish before end of bounty because of ICO has reached HARDCAP and bounty manager decide to reduce % of bounty for that reason..that's not fair...

▰▰▰▰▰ CRYPKART ▰▰▰▰▰ (https://crypkart.com)
▰ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure. ▰
riboku0105

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:20:05 PM

Some bounty programs require participants to be KYC at the end of the program, which is really suspicious because they may request to do KYC before starting the program so that those who do not qualify will no longer participate. Asking KYC at the end of the program who did not pass KYC, what their coin would do when they could not divide the other hunters!
akiho yoshizawa

Activity: 640

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:27:47 PM

Some bounty programs require participants to be KYC at the end of the program, which is really suspicious because they may request to do KYC before starting the program so that those who do not qualify will no longer participate. Asking KYC at the end of the program who did not pass KYC, what their coin would do when they could not divide the other hunters!
Things like that are disadvantageous,
but if we are really honest then of course we also will not have problems when filling KYC form.

S t a r t F i      ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄      S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
adpinbr

Activity: 994
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:48:01 PM

Hmm yes it is possible that there are occurrences wherein others neglect the bounty and do not reward the bounty hunter, this is saddening but also one of the biggest reasons why people neglect to join bounty programs, though it is worth a shot, just avoid for unnecessary things that the bounty needs from you, it can also be identified as a scam.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███