Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:26:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheating in bounty programs  (Read 2200 times)
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 12:13:26 PM

Do you think that some bounty programs cheat because they do not want to pay bounty hunters by bringing out things to do at they end of bounty campaign? Share your thought or experience.

I only experience scam when the project do not have a lot of funds. They created a good project but no one really wants to invest to it. The rules of the bounty is not good at all since it only requires only 50 posts until the end of it. Does it really make sense, how many investors will be attracted to the project if the community itself don't care about it or doesn't make effort to promote it. Community is another element for success so maybe some projects must focus to it since it can be a great factor of having a good campaign. Bounty managers should make quality rules and task that will be done by full effort only.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:26:02 PM

Do you think that some bounty programs cheat because they do not want to pay bounty hunters by bringing out things to do at they end of bounty campaign? Share your thought or experience.
Since I engage in crypto and join different signature and bounty campaign, I am lucky not to fall in bounty programs who cheat.  I encountered one campaign that unfortunately became unsuccessful and the tokens distributed to us (bounty participants) became worthless but the good thing is they exchange our tokens into bitcoins as our payment.  I also experienced that as the campaign goes on, the prescribed token distribution became lesser but the good thing about it is the token price became more valuable which I find fair enough.  Maybe the key to identify the legitimacy of bounty or signature campaign is to know more the bounty/signature managers and his history upon handling campaign.  Through that, falling into scam campaign will be prevented.
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:31:18 PM

I am just trying bounties for the first time, never earned from them but who knows. Its about the modertaor of the bounty, he might be a scammer and he might be a trusted guy. They can scam and run away.. but you must only choose the trusted ones.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:04:03 PM

There are a lot of bounty developers who do not pay at the end of the campaign. This does not add the benefits of trust to the project for investors but nevertheless it happens often.
konco_kenthel

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:16:36 PM

Certainly that's because not all bounty is able to provide an advantage for the hunter sometimes the target that the manager wants is not achieved and the lack of investor interest to contribute some funds for the development of a bounty so that failure can happen in the future.

minatour

Activity: 687
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:29:57 PM

There are many corrupt managers here that I personally have never experienced this but I know there are some successful projects like BEZOP that do not pay bounty participants, hopefully they get a reply from god, while ico bezop is successful ahead of time and is being traded on hitbtc, bounty participants very disappointed

----------- ❱   ❱    ❱  The easiest way to earn 5 ETH  ❰    ❰    ❰ -----------
-------  Yearner is the ultimate connecting link between different DeFi protocols  -------
--------------------------------------------   ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    START FARMING    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰   --------------------------------------------
Daniel9140

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:42:12 PM

This is the main reason you need to do your due diligence before choosing a bounty program as some of these bounty managers are greedy.

Always look out for good bounty managers and bounty platforms that have had good track records . I use bountyhive because of the testimonies I have heard from people.

Always do your due diligence before joining any program.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:51:45 PM

It usually depends on the ICO team.

I had a few disappointments for example, when an ICO team told the bounty manager they had decided to change the overall allocation from 2% to 1% after reaching hardcap...

But this kind of things are pretty rare in my experience.

Labay

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:54:20 PM

Not all Bounty campaigns are not totally a cheaters, but some of bounty must be a scammer.  When they not get the final or market price and their target, they need to do a second bounty but some campaigns must do get money because it is only cents or too low.

❏  ixian    Github -    Discord - ANN -    Telegram - Reddit - Twitter      ❏  ixian
66.6  TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND                 REDEFINING HOW WE CONNECT               GET INVOLVED NOW
██████ Data Streaming Hybrid-Proof DLT  Blockchain based IM  ██████
ImGenius

Activity: 314

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:09:22 PM

I experience it in CarTaxi, they post the allocation token bounty to entice  the bounty hunters and in the end they change the allocation and the bounty manager disappear without a trace and got a negative trust and the token value was dumped hard and until now they didn't recover. Luckily that I didn't invest on it.

Lucky for you that you didn't totally invest on that specific ICo because if that's happened probably you might lost everything. Bounty orograms sometimes not that perfect.
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:38:03 AM

although there are some managers who do not pay us in doing a prize campaign but I do not think all the gift managers are cheating on us who have worked to promote the platform they develop. of course there are still some pretty good bounty managers and very professional in running a bounty campaign just that it's usually some delay in terms of payments due to the unfinished dis- tribution.

Sr Member

EPSILOAN
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
philadey30

Activity: 158
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:59:17 AM

Yes of course! That's what some bounty program do.
I participated in a particular bounty some weeks ago, actually it's not stated on the thread that KYC is needed before tokens can be received, unfortunately at the end of the campaign we were asked to do KYC, which many has no required documents to do so.
I sincerely see this as cheating.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:04:19 AM

I am just trying bounties for the first time, never earned from them but who knows. Its about the modertaor of the bounty, he might be a scammer and he might be a trusted guy. They can scam and run away.. but you must only choose the trusted ones.
By moderators, I want to assume you are referring to the campaign managers’ right ?
Most of them actually do not have anything to do with this and they are only being paid to help manage the campaigns, which at the end, the developers are the ones in the best position to get the payments done.

It is always in every hunter's best interest to always be careful of the project they participate in any way so as not to fall in the hands of scammers or developers who are just selfish naturally which is why such project will never grow.
vycl87

Activity: 1204
Merit: 630

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:06:54 AM

bezop is my huge disappointment. I really beileve in them but they create a bullshit progra which they name bounty. No one answer or take responsibility. I wrote several mail, twitter and forum pages but they are busy to spending money, I think!
ilnick

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:14:12 AM

In my experience, there are when a bounty-manager leads one campaign and his forum account was created for this purpose. There are misunderstandings with them. To reduce the chances of being deceived, choose bounty-managers with a lot of bounties.
Gelesko

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:24:45 AM

Yes I think some of the bounty managers do cheat and are being pain in the ass! I have experienced of changing rules at the end of campaign's and some other terrible stuff and I find it very annoying and I get very stressed. I argue on telegram and trying to make my point of view, but they are being stubborn and just don't listen to me, so I just leave campaign as it is, not finishing campaigns to the end, as I get very disappointed and don't trust anymore.

altysha

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:27:17 AM

Yes, there are some bounty companies that are not fair and they don't pay  although you have stakes. There is always some risk. But most bounty companies pay rewards.
alexford

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

Pastel Network

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:32:59 AM

I don't encountered yet. Because if they have changes in the rules, they will inform it also in the telegram. So, all will be updated on what's new. Only I encountered in bounty was the "SCAM". Be careful to the scammer. But definitely, we can't tell if the said project / bounty manager are scammers. You will know it by the end of the ICO. If you don't get your shares / stakes / rewards / tokens. That means, it was SCAM.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Pastel.network ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Blockchain Art Platform
Tradable Assets  ▼ Unique Ownership  ▼ Proven Authenticity
Cakalasia

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:35:13 AM

Nope, normally they pay the bounty if they are legitimate, because if not the communty would turn against them and damage their interest. The exception is pure scams.
For my experience in the Bounty campaigns that I participated that the distributed fee for bounty participants is incorrect, sometimes it is lacking.
ekin4

Activity: 663
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:44:47 AM

As you can see nobody is pleased with bounty campaigns. Most of them have problems, it's too hard to find good bounty campaign. First you have to pick good ICO, then check out their bounty team. I try to pick good ICO's with good bounty team. But most people select it randomly, then complain about lack of experience or scam accusations. Look at Envion, they raised 100 million dollars yet they didn't pay a penny to bounty participants.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: