Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:55:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When your token goes down hard, are you going to sell it?  (Read 4523 times)
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:10:16 PM
Merited by TaKlarPH (1)

I’m new to the crypto world, I have some bad experience yet but I’m being educated little-by-little, based on my experience here in crypto world. I notice that some users when they see that bitcoin and ethereum coin had a very bad drop, so does the token, they are selling almost 70% of their holdings of that token. And I have experienced that when the market goes down, so does the token doing some panic sell.  May I ask, is it advisable to sell the tokens you hold, when the price of your token goes really down?
It is true that people, in case of raising the price of their token, begin to panic and quickly sell everything they have to not lose even more, but this happens more often because of lack of experience or insufficient knowledge of the cryptocurrency market. If the price of your token has fallen, wait and do not sell, so as not to lose the invested money. Typically, the price will return to the previous levels very soon and with a favorable information climate even go even higher, but it all depends on the specific coin.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 02:11:05 PM

What is the logic to sell your coins in big loss due to panic as this market always revive after a drop and those who hold their coins in that situation are always winners. I am a buyer in that situation and get more juice then others as majority people sell at that situation and buyer get maximum benefits from that.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:13:34 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 10:58:34 PM by Jaycee99
Merited by TaKlarPH (1)

I’m new to the crypto world, I have some bad experience yet but I’m being educated little-by-little, based on my experience here in crypto world. I notice that some users when they see that bitcoin and ethereum coin had a very bad drop, so does the token, they are selling almost 70% of their holdings of that token. And I have experienced that when the market goes down, so does the token doing some panic sell.  May I ask, is it advisable to sell the tokens you hold, when the price of your token goes really down?

If you are planning too sell when market value is low its a big no no because its the other way around when it comes to trading. So remeber when low buy and when high sell it. As I notice others go crazy about it they panic when the market value goes down and sell it because they are afraid it will go down even more.

The trick here is just stay put don't panic just chilax because if you sell it low and buy in a high price you might lose the money, lose the profits you invest in.

In the opposite situation when bitcoin increase people intend to buy instead of buying bitcoin in a low value.
West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:15:42 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 03:12:38 PM by West0813

I have some token in my possession that drops significantly from the first it was listed in an exchange. But i truely believed in this coin so i keep it until now.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
klebsiella

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:17:55 PM

When the price drops, usually it is better to hodl. Just be patient. Wait for the token price to rise again then decide if you still want to sell it. Fluctuations here are normal. But for some, when they see the price starts to go down, they immediately sell the token to prevent further loss.

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
RYXES

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:18:28 PM

Ah The Theory of Ironic Effects.

Merit me or don't.
Rasa nanas

Activity: 1386
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:20:39 PM

if it must be sold then I will sell it but not all because if later the price goes up we can still sell it. as long as we do not panic then we will be able to hold on when it goes down so as not to lose.

Nachoo

Activity: 194
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 09:36:12 PM

My golden rule is: “Don’t sell, Hold it”.
I usually don’t sell when they goes down, but I wait and see how fluctuations goes, hoping for a recovery.
maimainguyen05

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:40:40 PM

It depend on which crypto I'm holding. If it's a good token from a great project I think I'll keep holding it till it rises back to the new ATH price but if I feel like the dev team don't really care about their token after they got a lot of money from ICO I think I'll sell them all. For example, Credits token is one out of good token that I'm holding, its price x10 today and I think it'll reach to 10$ in the future so I'll hold it Smiley

alexcopper

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:45:21 PM

I also think it's important to invest in good projects. That way you can understand its value and the future. It's always good to hold onto good coins. I personally just participated in Havven's ICO. I believe in the project because they are solving a big problem in our world: every day transactions. I have been looking for a solid stablecoin project for a while now and I'm planning on holding onto Havven for a very long time. Good project = HODL. https://havven.io/
cryptomorphines

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:47:17 PM

That wont be a good idea because if the market is failing all of the coins and tokens are normally going to bleed,selling those potential tokens wont be a good idea because if the market has recovered its price would definitely going to back from its original price,that is why holding would be the bes thing to do when the market has bleed and you are trapped at the situation.
leezay

Activity: 363

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:48:57 PM

When is going down and going fast, I am trying to keep calm. I usually choose very careful where to put my money and try to avoid situation like that.

stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:50:33 PM

What is the logic to sell your coins in big loss due to panic as this market always revive after a drop and those who hold their coins in that situation are always winners. I am a buyer in that situation and get more juice then others as majority people sell at that situation and buyer get maximum benefits from that.
There is no positive logic in selling the holding for a lost. The people that do that are thinking about doing something else with the money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:51:42 PM

Well, most people say do not sell when the market is down, as that will actualize your losses. For example, if you purchase 1 ETH for $1000, then the price drops to $800, you still have 1 ETH. As soon as you convert that to $800 you incur a fiat loss of $200. However, there are some cases when a coin is HIGHLY unlikely to recover in value, e.g. If the network gets a 51% attack, or if the founder dips with a hoard of coins, or some critical vulnerability is discovered. In these cases, it's best to get rid of your bags ASAP before they drop to zero.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
bitterguy28

Activity: 1988
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 09:56:17 PM

I do not sell if my coins  goes dump the price is in very lower price or even if become zero value I kept it into my wallet even if more than a year to bounce back  again the price value I will wait until I got the break even price before I resell it to avoid loses.

bennysax

Activity: 190
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:11:30 PM

I’m new to the crypto world, I have some bad experience yet but I’m being educated little-by-little, based on my experience here in crypto world. I notice that some users when they see that bitcoin and ethereum coin had a very bad drop, so does the token, they are selling almost 70% of their holdings of that token. And I have experienced that when the market goes down, so does the token doing some panic sell.  May I ask, is it advisable to sell the tokens you hold, when the price of your token goes really down?

No! In my opinion, it's not advisable to sell as a result of panic based on downward trend of value of token. One needs to be patient if he must succeed in the crypto world. Patient is key! The most important is that one must understand how crypto trade works and be ready to employ the necessary skill to deal with it else any little panic as a result of reduction in value the individual would always sell off and keep incurring losses.
Dofus

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:17:39 PM

Never sell because something goes down. Hopefully you didn't invest any money you couldn't live without. That said, if you sell out of sheer panic then you are going to lose money. If you are insecure about your investment, then I think waiting until it goes back up is a decent solution. That way you aren't losing anything and at least break even. Unless of course you think the project is trash and could never go back up and will only go down. In which case panic selling might keep you from losing more. It's a situation by situation basis. Look at what the general consensus online is as well.
daicavung

Activity: 280

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:24:18 PM

my personal opinion. If the market price is falling, if you feel still profitable on the penny you are holding, you can sell them. But if prices are falling and you are losing money, I think you should hold them. Dong Xu always fluctuate over time. So be patient, do not be too worried about this. Hold them and wait for the best price in the future.

billyj111

Activity: 322

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:31:22 PM

When the price goes down, it is always risky to sell, because there is a possibility that the cheaper you will not buy. But if you are sure that the downfall will continue in the future then of course that you can sell everything to re-purchase cheaper.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
burakdat

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:31:54 PM

Well you can hold your tokens actually and be patience enough in waiting for thr right time to sell them. Anyway thee length of time requires a cryptocurrency to raise.back its price is more or less 1 year then you could. have benefited to it from selling it in high price. Unfortunately there are coins also that will get burn or it wont go back to its original token price especially if the token price is expensive. Most of the tokens that are successful in the market are those cheap tokens. Just like also the astorgame tokens which arr for sale right now offers cheaper tokens than other ICO projects. And the ASTORGAME project is already successful in the campaign of promoting and it is not difficult to promote also since the project is good.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: